• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

Jinjo

BlueWord said:
I thought I was the only one. :lol

You get their stuff anyway so all you guys did was take away the last of their dignity and honor. :lol

I'm turning this down to casual. Regular dungeons don't pose any problem for me, but random battles are slaughtering me. Maybe I'll turn it back up to normal when I'm tired of being a sissy.

You are not alone my friend.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Ceebs said:
Has Bioware mentioned what the level cap is? I had assumed it would be 20, but that is starting to seem low based on how little I have done so far.

I already had to do some bios digging on mine. I was getting some crazy jerky framerates. Turns out the stupid AMD Cool and Quiet crap had been turned back on somehow. Turn it off and rock solid 60 FPS.

Apparently there is no hard level cap in the game, bioware has stated most people will end the game around 18-22.

Acosta said:
Talk with the dwarf commerciant in the campment, I think he has the book to unblock Templar specialization.

I understand you, but I'm at higher level and I think I have saved 2 skill points and 9 or so of atributes points waiting for when I can unblock the damn battle mage specialization (I need, need! to get rid of that dreadful mage cloth).

But I dont wanna be a templar! ;_;.

Yeah, I'll get berseker or Reaver or champion eventually. Hopefully my build isn't perfect. Though I've used up all my points cuz god damn the game is hard enough as is. My 2nd playthrough'll be much better served I think.

Ceebs

thetrin said:
I'm turning this down to casual. Regular dungeons don't pose any problem for me, but random battles are slaughtering me. Maybe I'll turn it back up to normal when I'm tired of being a sissy.
Wait until you find a room full of creatures that can and will spam overwhelm. That skill is just dirty when it gets chained.

glaurung

Truly hate the blood effect on the people, it looks like everyone and their equipment has the freaking measles.

Forgot to check the options menu for an option to turn it off...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Alright it's late and I've been playing this all night.

Incredible

I never thought I'd see Baldur's Gate 3, yet here it is and it's everything I could have wanted.

Takuhi

Quick Q for anyone who played the Dragon Age Journeys game--do the items you win have any significant game value? Would I be missing out if I blew that off?

Taiser

bran said:
Oh what's this???
I knew they were gonna die so I stripped their cloth and sold them :)

http://i35.tinypic.com/mbju3l.jpg

:lol :lol

1zq39c8.jpg

27yz9c5.jpg

wiu4v6.jpg

2zhp6c3.jpg

2a9uzwi.jpg

sooo good :3

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Some help from early on in the game please.

finished the human origin story, in the camp place now. The prisoner is asking for food but the guard standing next to him won't budge even with the persuade option. The game also gives me the option to kill the prisoner himself, but i'm trying to play the noble way, is killing him going to have any consequences later on ? or how do i get some food for him anyway ?

Nachkebia said:
Guys, I guess this been asked like zillion times but I don`t have a gaming pc so which version should I go for? ps3 or xbox ? :D

The 360 version has a steadier framerate, whereas the PS3 version has better textures.

Nachkebia said:
Guys, I guess this been asked like zillion times but I don`t have a gaming pc so which version should I go for? ps3 or xbox ? :D

There's only really the Gamespot review that's mentioned the textures, but they say PS3, as apparently the textures are better. The framerate is better on the 360. After that it's controller preference etc. It would be useful if we could get direct comparison pics/video of both versions, but, so far, none has appeared.

So, all my cool bonus DLC items got taken away with the rest of my equipment towards the end of my Dwarf nobleman origin. Am I going to get it back ever, or am I just arbitrarily fucked because I decided to input my code without knowing that was going to happen? Seems kind of stupid.

Nachkebia

Banned
Thanks guys, well I care less about frame rate than how it actually looks so I go for ps3 version, bad excuse, wanted to buy ps3 version anyway :lol

LCfiner

chandoog said:

finished the human origin story, in the camp place now. The prisoner is asking for food but the guard standing next to him won't budge even with the persuade option. The game also gives me the option to kill the prisoner himself, but i'm trying to play the noble way, is killing him going to have any consequences later on ? or how do i get some food for him anyway ?

yeah, you shoulda put more points into cunning or strength for better persuade chances,
I was able to persuade the guard easily.

maybe you have to kill the guard if you want to feed the prisoner now?? can you keep trying persuade or is the chance gone now?

adamsapple

LCfiner said:
yeah, you shoulda put more points into cunning or strength for better persuade chances,
I was able to persuade the guard easily.

maybe you have to kill the guard if you want to feed the prisoner now?? can you keep trying persuade or is the chance gone now?

Man, I dunno, i thought my strength stat was pretty high, it's at 19 right now (i'm at level 3), ah well, i hope they're still there if i come back some time later with a little bit more in the strength dept.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
chandoog said:

After you complete the mission Duncan gives you and return to the camp a dialogue option should appear allowing you to buy the guard's rations. That's what happened for me at least. I did bug the guard a whole bunch first, though.

adamsapple

Zefah said:
After you complete the mission Duncan gives you and return to the camp a dialogue option should appear allowing you to buy the guard's rations. That's what happened for me at least. I did bug the guard a whole bunch first, though.

Aha ! Thanks. On to the mission now.

There are too many options to talk. I always tend to max out talk options. It's killing me in this game. In 2 hrs, I've progressed very little. :lol

Fredescu

Chris Remo said:
So, all my cool bonus DLC items got taken away with the rest of my equipment towards the end of my Dwarf nobleman origin. Am I going to get it back ever, or am I just arbitrarily fucked because I decided to input my code without knowing that was going to happen? Seems kind of stupid.
I saw this fix on another forum: "After losing the items, go into the 'DLC' menu. Uncheck all of your active DLCs and 'force load' your game. Save. Then go back into your DLC section and re-check all of your DLCs. They should appear in your inventory next time you load your game."

Shawsie64

Banned
well played for a few hours just before and im really enjoying it so far, the music is awesome and the games got a really cool atmosphere.. Im not the RPG type at all but the combat i really dig, think its the quality of the animation.

Overall: Awesome :D

Oh, PC btw, E6850, 4gb, 4870 1gb. Smooth as butter at 1900 x 1200 on very high (no AA).

Acidote

Heh, I was wondering before installing the game if it was gonna work with my PC, and turns our it works great without even having to set everything to the lowest config =)

I've played a just a bit of a Human Male Noble Warrior and a Dalish Female Elf Rogue. Just after:

Human Noble: Some guys break into my room and kill the elven girl that was sleeping with me.
Dalish Elf: The Grey Warden saves me after the nuthead of my companion touches that damn mirror.

So, it's almost like I haven't even played at all, but it runs great.

vesp

really digging what I played but my dlc promo codes are lost in the ether of their fucked up website which really bums me out.

i may have been on crack, but I thought the origin stories were supposed to be fairly substantial (5-8 hour) experiences, but they seem to be about 1-2 hours each, found that to be a bit of a bummer as well, even if what as there was pretty cool.

_tetsuo_ said:
Man sometimes this game really does look almost pre-rendered

4073918559_298c0e7cd9_b.jpg

Love the iso view but I do swoop in every now and then to check out combat animations. A lot of them are really nice. Also just beat the first boss. Thank god it was much tougher than that 360 stream I watched. Had to use hit and run tactics the entire time.

That looks awesome.

Decided to buy it on PC after hearing all the good impressions, I always enjoy RPG's like these anyway. I can't seem to find a page explaining the different origins though, does anyone know where I can find some more info?

Sins*

Neo Member
Bought the game and am really pleased with it. i chose a Elf Mage, i'm thinking of becomign a shapeshifte. I loved the fade, lots of atmosphere. can't wait to play some more.:D

LCfiner

_tetsuo_ said:
Man sometimes this game really does look almost pre-rendered

4073918559_298c0e7cd9_b.jpg

that's gorgeous. My one regret about playing the console version is not being able to see such well crafted shots like that.

Jinjo

Wait, so
Leliana
is the girl with the red hair you see in all the trailers? Forget Morrigan, they totally pussified her. I actually thought she was cool, but not so much in the game. Atleast Morrigan looks better than in the trailers. (not the artwork though)

I love this game so much already. This is sucking up all my time while Borderlands and Forza 3 lay there between the rest of my games.

Banned
This is a little offtopic but did anyone preorder Dragon Age off of Amazon, and if they did when do you get your preorder bonuses and stuff?

Jayge

Blood Plate is interesting- it only comes in one item. Armor Class: Massive :lol

All my DLC is downloaded and installed besides Stone Prisoner- the download refuses to move at all. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Ploid 3.0

Jinjo said:
Wait, so
Leliana
is the girl with the red hair you see in all the trailers? Forget Morrigan, they totally pussified her. I actually thought she was cool, but not so much in the game. Atleast Morrigan looks better than in the trailers. (not the artwork though)

I love this game so much already. This is sucking up all my time while Borderlands and Forza 3 lay there between the rest of my games.

Yea she was my favorite in that trailer. I love thief characters and she was all kinds of awesome in that vid. I've been searching for her in game for a long time. When I found out that she was the person in the spoiler that was a huge letdown for me.

Top Bottom