• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

5ca.png

So basically this new form is what happens when you apply proper ki control to Genki Dama energy.

I mean he hasn't tried it yet with God Ki. So there's that.

There is one thing regarding those spoilers that, if it plays out like I think it will, will disappoint me.

Brianne is fighting Goku, maybe kicking his ass, and then Jiren just one shots her.

That would be lame. Having Brianne get blown the fuck out just to build up Jiren would sour me a bit on this arc.

brinstar

I must simply have more patience or tolerance regarding Jiren than anyone else on here lol. Right now he's just the mute elephant in the room, and I guess that works for me? I don't really feel any different towards him than I did towards Hit before he started doing stuff. The difference here being that Jiren is obviously taking much longer to do, well anything.

If Jiren doesn't live up to the hype, then I will probably be the most disappointed one on here, but I don't really see that happening, not the way they have been setting him up. I just need Jiren to man-handle the mess out of Goku, and I'm good personally. That's honestly all I need him to do.

Nah I like him too. I feel like a weirdo whenever I come in here and everyone hates characters that seem so harmless to me

RocknRola

There is one thing regarding those spoilers that, if it plays out like I think it will, will disappoint me.

Brianne is fighting Goku, maybe kicking his ass, and then Jiren just one shots her.

That would be lame. Having Brianne get blown the fuck out just to build up Jiren would sour me a bit on this arc.

That's a fairly standard DB way of doing things though.

Sandfox

With Vegeta potentially getting eliminated someone has to fill in for him. Better her than Gohan.

Beth Cyra

Well as a Kale fan I can understand where your coming from and why you'd feel that way.

Ashodin

More surprised krillin was out first admittedly it seemed like such an obvious choice that I thought they'd avoid it lol

Not only that, but the people getting eliminated are getting eliminated in not the most epic of ways.

Basically, up to the tournament we were hyped that we were going to get amazing fights but the only amazing fight we seem to be promised is Jiren vs. Goku, which is par for the course.

We've gotten snippets of awesome stuff though - 17 vs. Ribrianne, 17 vs. Claw lady, Gohan vs. multi man, Kale vs. everyone

True, but Toriyama is infamous for his six face design for humanoid characters. He tends to be more diverse with his more non-standard designs like robots. I personally like Jiren's design simply because it's quite different from what Toriyama usually does. It's his personality, or lack of one, that is holding Jiren back.

108 and 109 are the specials.

No, 109 and 110 are.

Kinda weird that the info ends at 109, hopefully 110 at least has staff info in there.

Not only that, but the people getting eliminated are getting eliminated in not the most epic of ways.
Like it would've been mad hype have frost come up in there after the battle try and take out 18 and krillin try's for like idk 15 seconds but just can't win but he keeps 18 in the tournament. He goes out in a blaze of glory you feel something for him cuz he tried his hardest.

Everything he did I look at in a sort of sour note because of how he got put out

Ashodin

Like it would've been mad hype have frost come up in there after the battle try and take out 18 and krillin try's for like idk 15 seconds but just can't win but he keeps 18 in the tournament. He goes out in a blaze of glory you feel something for him cuz he tried his hardest.

Everything he did I look at in a sort of sour note because of how he got put out

All his work and fighting Goku and he gets kicked out in the easiest of ways

Toshio just finished writing a "cool" Vegeta episode.
Keep in mind that episodes are written 5-6 months ahead of airing, so it's definitely not part of the tournament.

I hope they didn't foreshadow a Ribrianne/17 fight just to pawn him off on someone else and have Goku jump in. There better be a conclusion to that shit.

NeonZ

I still think we're heading to another arc right after this one. It'd make sense to use a hyped special episode to drive attention to the show if they're just pushing forward with plot too, rather than right before it's going back into slice of life episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom