• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-hate-u

Jiren hasn't done anything to form an opinion on him.

If things continue without at least some exposure into this character then I really hope something happens in the tournament and spices things up.

Slaythe

If I'm being honest his "personality" is so funny enough to make fun of that I haven't been soured by him yet.

LHev1tY.gif

Magwik

Banned
TOEI writers are playing 4D chess
Jiren is actually supposed to be a deconstruction of the typical Dragon Ball villains we expect.

I need excuses

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
FINALLY A FUCKING SPIRIT BOMB. How long has it been since new Dragon Ball animation has been out there? 10 years and no spirit bomb smh

Android 13 punched Goku in the dick.

The Dark Tourument was full of BS like that since the committee was trying to kill the heroes.
I don't care which limb technically accosted Goku's genitals. To be honest Sakyo was fair if I'm not mistaken. Kurama lost because was on the ground after the ten count.

Daingurse

What personality? He's just there.

Jiren is just a stoic strong guy. I honestly don't mind it. He still has a lot of presence for me, because it's obvious that he's the strongest dude in the room, and immensely so at that. I hope he remains soft-spoken after he finally starts doing stuff.

I-hate-u

Jiren is just a stoic strong guy. I honestly don't mind it. He still has a lot of presence for me, because it's obvious that he's the strongest dude in the room, and immensely so at that. I hope he remains soft-spoken after he finally starts doing stuff.

Right now Jiren is basically the new Hit but worse. Much worse.

When was the last time the episode played out exactly like the NeP showed?
The NEP doesn't show anything that suggest he's going to die or be eliminated. So it's not like they're actually showing anything if he's actually eliminated. There's still at least some evidence to suggest he may go out versus Vegeta, who hasn't shown any indication of even being in the next episode.

This is the trope that Toguro falls into...he's still an actual character.

They had plenty of opportunities to flesh Jiren out some by having him interact with Toppo and the pride troopers but no he just stands there like an asshole. It's still not too late but come on...

Red Devil

TOEI writers are playing 4D chess
Jiren is actually supposed to be a deconstruction of the typical Dragon Ball villains we expect.

I need excuses

Well, for one as far as we know unless it's another Frost like situation Jiren isn't a bad guy, but circumstances turned him into the big opponent of this arc.

Skeeter49

I think one issue with this tournament is there aren't really many threats in this tournament.

90% of the fighters would wish back the other universes, and the 10% who wouldn't aren't threats.

Jiren should have been set up as that threat, but whether he wins or loses, he's not a threat.

caliph95

They had plenty of opportunities to flesh Jiren out some by having him interact with Toppo and the pride troopers but no he just stands there like an asshole. It's still not too late but come on...
It would have been the easiest thing even if Toppo does most of the talking
Even there was some pay off he was still spending time being boring

caliph95

I think one issue with this tournament is there aren't really many threats in this tournament.

90% of the fighters would wish back the other universes, and the 10% who wouldn't aren't threats.

Jiren should have been set up as that threat, but whether he wins or loses, he's not a threat.
Can you say that when we barely about most of the fighters

And I would consider Frieza a threat in that regard
Frost could go either way

Slaythe

There is a lot of animosity among the universes, there's no way any of them revives any universe besides their twins.

I still think any universe that will keep a fighter in the arena will be spared.

But the ones that get erased are gone forever. For the better.

Unless his wish is to resurrect all other universes, except 7.

Edit: Thinking about it, it could lead to a mini arc were the Universe 6 gang collect the Super Dragon Balls to bring back 7.

Ashodin

Those previews read as if they're heavily not telling us who gets eliminated and only have partial summaries. We're in for some shit boys

Sandfox

So based on the summaries and my previous predictions I'm guessing
Freeza will help Frost eliminate Vegeta and potentially some other contestant(s) only to betray him and reduce U6's numbers in the next episode when U7 starts to doubt him.

maybe someone's wish will be to kill zeno

The way they're setting up Zeno makes me think he's a glass cannon and could be killed by normal means. He wouldn't need bodyguards if that weren't the case. Also the fact that he couldn't keep up with the speed of Hit and Dyspo probably indicates that too.

Jiren doesn't need to be that if other things happen in this arc than just a simple tournament. I'd rather him stay as a "good guy" anyway. No need to make him villainous.

Ashodin

The fact that the other U7 members
view Frieza with suspicion in the following episode where Frieza looks at Gohan
probably means
Geets is out.

Also Goku's new form images now also tie into
him using a Spirit Bomb. Goku seems to always do it with ripped clothes

Ashodin

Goku is going to absorb the spirit bomb and it's going to look cool and he won't have an awkward angry face

It's probably what his new form is from. He
saw what Trunks did with it in the last arc and was like "man I can do that shit better"

I hope the whole reason Jiren isn't doing anything is just that he hates his team, and doesn't like working with them.

I actually like the idea that he only joined them because they were strong.

RocknRola

saw what Trunks did with it in the last arc and was like "man I can do that shit better"

I actually like the idea that he only joined them because they were strong.

As per usual, stealing all his techniques from someone else :v

Daingurse

Right now Jiren is basically the new Hit but worse. Much worse.

This is the trope that Toguro falls into...he's still an actual character.

I must simply have more patience or tolerance regarding Jiren than anyone else on here lol. Right now he's just the mute elephant in the room, and I guess that works for me? I don't really feel any different towards him than I did towards Hit before he started doing stuff. The difference here being that Jiren is obviously taking much longer to do, well anything.

If Jiren doesn't live up to the hype, then I will probably be the most disappointed one on here, but I don't really see that happening, not the way they have been setting him up. I just need Jiren to man-handle the mess out of Goku, and I'm good personally. That's honestly all I need him to do.

caliph95

He never attacks unless an enemy is a major threat like Kale and Ribranne love attacks

He also seems to respect Toppo and follows him without resistance and Toppo considers him s friend

Though that could just be Toppo

J4g3r

5ca.png

So basically this new form is what happens when you apply proper ki control to Genki Dama energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom