• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

only if it's less saiyans, more Dr Rota and androids
tenor.gif

There's no saving the Dr.

Caulifla hits everybody with the baseball and puts them out of commission u6 victory
Vegeta says this isn't a sport meant for saiyans after his last outing/ being struck out this time, smirks when Caulifla goes up to the plate.

Hits a home run.

"Baseball is common on Sadala."

Rutger

Banned
only if it's less saiyans, more Dr Rota and androids

Everyone will be there. Multiverse Baseball arc.

Even U9 will be brought back, because even though they have the lowest mortal level, they also have the highest Baseball level.

Can U7 overcome the might of team Wolf Yamchas?!

ElFly

The Spirit Bomb completely atomized Buu so there was literally nothing left of him to regenerate.

The Evil Containment Wave is only known by a few people and relies on the person not moving to get caught. Plus, it requires other times like the container and seal. If one of these things are missing, the Evil Containment Wave fails. Also, the Evil Containment Wave has a lousy track record. In all of Dragon Ball, it worked twice. One to seal King Piccolo the first time and Roshi using it against the girl from U4. The other times; Roshi missed and died and Zamasu escaped since Goku and Roshi forgot the seal. Tien never got to used it since he broke the container in the manga and Kami got caught by his own Evil Containment Wave after Piccolo reversed it.

the only successful use of the Mafuba before this arc was on a flashback; Kami's Mafuba was countered, but the mafuba counter is not a mafuba per se so I am barely giving it one successful use

Daingurse

Dr. Rota must have a damn Nen ability. One of the conditions he set requires that he explains his technique. One day, he will show us his true power as one of the strongest beings in the multiverse.

vlcsnap-0788-05-22-07h20m32s112.png

Skeeter49

One thing I just realized, before that one guy took Tien out, Tien was about to fire the Kikoho straight down at him, which would have wiped the arena out from under Tien, eliminating both of them.

Tien deserved to be eliminated for almost doing something that stupid.

Skeeter49

Same reason he used it in episode 90.

Eh. Isn't the Kikoho suppose to have a clear and accurate path to the target? It kind of made sense on Gohan when he's going to fast for Tien to see.

Here his opponent was on the ground and as far as Tien knew lost the function of his arms. The only logic would be because he still had clones out, he was too weak to do anything else.

If Vegeta is still around after this arc, then U6 isn't. Unless you're suggesting there won't be lasting consequences in a Dragon Ball arc.
The winner gets a wish on the Super Dragon Balls. What do you think the wish will be?

I must simply have more patience or tolerance regarding Jiren than anyone else on here lol. Right now he's just the mute elephant in the room, and I guess that works for me? I don't really feel any different towards him than I did towards Hit before he started doing stuff. The difference here being that Jiren is obviously taking much longer to do, well anything.

If Jiren doesn't live up to the hype, then I will probably be the most disappointed one on here, but I don't really see that happening, not the way they have been setting him up. I just need Jiren to man-handle the mess out of Goku, and I'm good personally. That's honestly all I need him to do.
I like villains a lot, I pretty much find them to be the most important part of a narrative. You fuck up the villain and you fuck up the story for me.

I like villains a lot, I pretty much find them to be the most important part of a narrative. You fuck up the villain and you fuck up the story for me.

As far as we know, Jiren is not a villain. There is no reason to look at him as a villain as of yet. Goku is more of a villain than him right now lol.

Daingurse

Jiren is more of an antagonist than an actual villain. I'm just hoping that Jiren is going to be a wall that Goku can't break or exceed. That will make or break him for me. Because honestly, if Jiren isn't some immense force that can't be stopped, then he serves no purpose as a character. Dude needs to be a brick-wall for Goku. Goku better not fucking beat him in a 1v1.

HeroR

I don't care which limb technically accosted Goku's genitals. To be honest Sakyo was fair if I'm not mistaken. Kurama lost because was on the ground after the ten count.

The referee never claimed Kurama was on the ground too long. That was a committee decision that even the referee called BS on.

HardRojo

You gonna be okay if... Well, you know.

Oh... as long as Vegeta is taken out with dignity and the episode is good, I'll take it. He had his time to shine in the Future Trunks arc and hopefully being eliminated due to his stubbornness will bring him back down to earth to recover that character development he seems to have lost a little of.

Oh... as long as Vegeta is taken out with dignity and the episode is good, I'll take it. He had his time to shine in the Future Trunks arc and hopefully being eliminated due to his stubbornness will bring him back down to earth to recover that character development he seems to have lost a little of.

Don't forget his 3 straight wins in the U6 tournament.

The referee never claimed Kurama was on the ground too long. That was a committee decision that even the referee called BS on.
I thought Toguro killed the entire committee before the finals.
As far as we know, Jiren is not a villain. There is no reason to look at him as a villain as of yet. Goku is more of a villain than him right now lol.
Villain, rival, end boss, whatever. Semantics. He bores me regardless of what his narrative mechanic is. He has no story, he's not driving anything as of now and this arc is paced poorly.

How come I didn't know Ryo Horikawa (Vegeta's VA) spoke English so well? I'm disappointed in myself.

It's funny, if you go back to the BoG arc he's the only one who says "God" instead of "Goddo" in regards to Super Saiyan God.
I think it's episode 6 where he outright says "Super Saiya-jin God"

HardRojo

It's funny, if you go back to the BoG arc he's the only one who says "God" instead of "Goddo" in regards to Super Saiyan God.
I think it's episode 6 where he outright says "Super Saiya-jin God"
Oh, didn't notice that, will have to look it up. It's also funny that his Japanese voice for Vegeta sounds so angry and fits the character so well, but when he tries English impressions his voice sounds so calm so not Vegeta lol.

So for those that watched the JP version, did they censor Gohan's torture here in LatAm?

Best part of Kai: The Final Chapters aside from the dub is watching twintails!Videl again
I'm so fucking glad Ginyu's original VA is back for the Latin dub.
Yeah it's pretty awesome. I think they confirmed Dabura will have his original VA too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom