• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a sense for if Super is going to end? Could it possibly have more episodes than Z when all is said and done?

Zero idea, but at the very least weekly Dragon Ball isn't ending any time soon due to how much money the IP is making.
If Super ends soon it'll be because they are replacing it with a sequel series.

NZerker12

So basicallly the fight with
Jiren is going to be like the Frieza
fight all over again. Use
Kaioken x20
still not enough, then the
Spirit Bomb
still no effect. Finally, somehow get a new transformation and win.

NeonZ

Whis did say that there is a fighter there that is stronger than hakaishin, and that hakaishin is at least as strong as Beerus. The only thing is that Toriyama sad he doesn't plan for Saiyans to surpass Beerus any time soon, so I guess Goku won't beat him alone (if he beats him at all).

Toriyama said that before the Trunks Saga was even announced.

New Ending:
There's a scan with shots from the new ending that shows Hit, Caulifla,
Kale, Toppo, Dyspo, and obviously Jiern. So I guess those are safe till 109 at least.

Goku uses Kaioken x20 against Jiren, it doesn't work, resorts to the Spirit Bomb, that doesn't work either and eventually, overcome with rage over the thought of his loved ones dying, Goku gets a new form.

Tournament of Power is Frieza saga confirmed. Jiren even looks a bit like Full Power Frieza

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
I got ignorant and believed Vegeta would be one of the last guys standing alongside that annoying ass Goku along with Frieza. Can't believe he will potentially get eliminated before bums like Gohan, Piccolo, and Roshi. I should've know better though.

Shit and besides him and that idiot eliminating Universe 9, he hasn't done jack shit, nor has had any spotlight.

tri_willy

I got ignorant and believed Vegeta would be one of the last guys standing alongside that annoying ass Goku along with Frieza. Can't believe he will potentially get eliminated before bums like Gohan, Piccolo, and Roshi. I should've know better though.

Shit and besides him and that idiot eliminating Universe 9, he hasn't done jack shit, nor has had any spotlight.

Was always poorly booked, despite having "development"

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Goku uses Kaioken x20 against Jiren, it doesn't work, resorts to the Spirit Bomb, that doesn't work either and eventually, overcome with rage over the thought of his loved ones dying, Goku gets a new form.

Tournament of Power is Frieza saga confirmed. Jiren even looks a bit like Full Power Frieza
Well I hope whatever happens is a bit more original than what it sounds like...

Omni

I wouldn't even be mad

I-hate-u

I don't think pure Saiyans can achieve new powers from rage post reaching their first transformation. Trunks died in front of Vegeta and was still not able to reach Super Saiyan 2. Gohan and Trunks are a different case. When you think about it all of Goku's forms post SS have been achieved by training except for the ritual one.

Also from Goku's speech to Toppo in their fight, Goku already unlocked his next form.

Except he's currently the MVP of the Tournament despite not being relevant in the recruitment arc....

I wonder how Vegeta fans would feel if Vegeta got treated like Krillin or Tenshinhan

Also from Goku's speech to Toppo in their fight, Goku already unlocked his next form.

No? Goku was just going Kaioken at the end of the fight with Toppo. If Goku already had his new form why would be be risking crippling himself with Kaioken X20 against Jiren?

I-hate-u

No? Goku was just going Kaioken. If Goku already had his new form why would be be risking crippling himself with Kaioken X20?

Goku specifically said to Toppo, I'll show you what it looks like once I passed my limits. It's clear as day.

Plus the Goku we know never goes full power unless he needs to, and he seems to not be affected by Kaioken anymore.

M.D

I'm not sure what's the thing that shakes everything up is going to be.

If they are portraying Jiren as soooooooooooo much stronger than everyone else that Goku needs a new transformation to beat him (and we don't even know if he'll be able to beat him with this new transformation), is the next bad guy going to have to be a GoD? or we'll learn there's even stronger mortals than Jiren and the gulf between the strongest mortals and a GoD is even bigger than we thought?

Goku specifically said to Toppo, I'll show you what it looks like once I passed my limits. It's clear as day.

Plus the Goku we know never goes full power unless he needs to, and he seems to not be affected by Kaioken anymore.

When he said that he turned on Kaioken, he was talking about that.
Every use of Kaioken since Hit has just been regular Kaioken because X10 fucked him up.

Skeeter49

To me that came off as Goku hoping Toppo would help him find a way to pass him limits, and that's his hope for this tournament, not that he has already done it.

My understanding is he believes there's a greater power out there than Blue, but doesn't know how to tap into it.

cyress8

Banned
I know transformations are used to sell merch, but one thing has always lingered in the back of my mind. Saiyans have started to rely on transformations to get stronger, yet you have people like Toppo amd Jiren being super strong in base form.

What fucking training did those guys go through to be as strong as blue and because of Jiren, force Goku to come up with an even more powerful transformation.

caliph95

I know transformations are used to sell merch, but one thing has always lingered in the back of my mind. Saiyans have started to rely on transformations to get stronger, yet you have people like Toppo amd Jiren being super strong in base form.

What fucking training did those guys go through to be as strong as blue and because of Jiren, force Goku to come up with an even more powerful transformation.
To be fair Frieda was strong in his base form since his final form was his base

Jiren and Toppo are super heroes who regularly fight threats to planets and while the Troopers are Trash the General was mentioned "conquering" planets and their GoD sent them to fight so they a,lot fighting

NeonZ

I'm not sure what's the thing that shakes everything up is going to be.

If they are portraying Jiren as soooooooooooo much stronger than everyone else that Goku needs a new transformation to beat him (and we don't even know if he'll be able to beat him with this new transformation), is the next bad guy going to have to be a GoD? or we'll learn there's even stronger mortals than Jiren and the gulf between the strongest mortals and a GoD is even bigger than we thought?

I still think we're going straight to an arc where (most) angels are the villains after the tournament. It fits with the marketing about Goku surpassing gods (which probably means GoDs), and also would explain why Heroes added all GoDs at once in the beginning of this arc but still hasn't touched the new angels.

Skeeter49

Well I hope whatever happens is a bit more original than what it sounds like...

Goku showing care for his universe for once might me worth it.

I think the Genki Dama is the important thing, and honestly it sounds like either the Genki Dama isn't Goku's, or he's absorbing the power of it.

More like indifference. She hasn't done anything remotely interesting for me to care as of now.
Honestly her and Cauli need to split up like Gohan and Piccolo need to split up. Otherwise it's the same dynamics between her and Caulifla that will be rehashed, and they can't have other dynamics that'll spark interest for people who don't like them. as of now.

Red Devil

Those summaries make it seem
like both Roshi and Vegeta are defeated next episode, with Roshi going down the ending theory would be proven false

What are the odds that someone like Frieza will kill someone but doesn't get disqualified because the Zeno's thought it looked cool or something. Eventually turning the tournament into a death match for added tention. I can already see Goku flying around tossing Roshi of the stage because he fears for his life.

But then what would be of Frieza who's already dead?

Omni

Also
Kaioken x20? I'm excited to see that. I love how they handled the aura and the build up when he was going x10 against Hit. Even the aftermath and the toll it took on his body.

Kaioken is great. Best 'transformation':

UVYcg11.png

J4g3r

With how SSB Kaioken x10 completely covered the arena with a red tint when he used it against Hit, x20 is going to be absolutely insane.

I'm expecting Jiren's "colossal" ki to overwrite that effect though, and if they don't do that I'm going to be disappointed.

Can you imagine the shock it would create if there's a sudden shift in the air right as Goku goes all out?

HERE COMES JIREN!

Ingeniero

Yeah I agree Jiren is so boring as of now...
I hope he has a cool backstory, like being an ancient hero that fought for peace on his world and defeated a powerful, evil villain or something.

Unbounded

Still holding out for Ribranne being the one Whis was talking about.

There'd be no need for any amount of Ambiguity if they meant Jiren.

Style

Banned
Is Jiren going to have a second form that makes him slimmer? Toriyama always makes his characters slender as they power up to signify they are beyond brute power. 🤔

Ah, so Goku can used a Kaioken x20 and Jiren is stronger than that. Wow

That means this new form is over a 20x multiplier like the original Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan God.

It makes sense since
Jiren is the mortal stronger than Beerus, this confirms it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom