• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
when are we getting to the promised LAND

4c0JMRK.gif

Morlas

Hit needs to do the job to Jiren. Give him the rub for the big showdown with Goku, then get his heat back at some point in the future.

Brother.
Nah bro Jiren has long drawn out fight with Goku and is too tired to stop Hit from eliminating him

If they were gonna waste Vegeta 18 17 and Piccolo like I suspect they will, they should have given them more episodes instead of shoehorning Goku in every one of them :/ .

What would anger me more is that Piccolo FINALLY has a chance of a legit storyline with the U6 Namekians and they would do shit with it.

Piccolo will have the very important job of getting blown the fuck out and then standing around with other losers talking about how huge Jiren is guys.

Jiren is so huge and swole guys.

Looks like things are going to go exactly as I expected they would with Jiren.

Jiren is not just going to be taking on Goku, he's going to demonstrate to Goku just how far below his level he truly is in a way in which no enemy in Dragon Ball has ever done since perhaps Raditz, when he was destroying both Piccolo and Goku at the same time.

He's going to demonstrate that he can not only easily beat Goku, but also simultaneously wreck and eliminate other powerful warriors at exactly the same time as he's fighting Goku. He's going to show Goku that he isn't even powerful enough that Jiren should only have to focus on fighting Goku.

He's going to be wrecking Goku while simultaneously eliminating other powerful fighters.

Daingurse

Jiren is not just going to be taking on Goku, he's going to demonstrate to Goku just how far below his level he truly is in a way in which no enemy in Dragon Ball has ever done since perhaps Raditz, when he was destroying both Piccolo and Goku at the same time.

He's going to demonstrate that he can not only easily beat Goku, but also simultaneously wreck and eliminate other powerful warriors at exactly the same time as he's fighting Goku. He's going to show Goku that he isn't even powerful enough that Jiren should only have to focus on fighting Goku.

He's going to be wrecking Goku while simultaneously eliminating other powerful fighters.

Yup, sounds like Jiren is going to do exactly what I expected him to do. Good.

Espada

Wait, wasn't this the mainstream speculation on how this conflict will go? This + deleted universes being brought back via wishes. If this the climax of the Tournament, we''re probably going to get more than just this fight. If the ending is any kind of indication, I'm expecting Ultimate Gohan to team up with his father against Jiren.

This is probably where we'll start seeing the setup for the remaining chunk of this arc.

Kevinroc

Sorry I'm not in the loop but what is the "special". I don't stay caught up on this thread since it moves really fast.

On 10/1, there will be no new episode of Dragon Ball Super in favor of a one hour One Piece special. On 10/8, there will be no new episode of One Piece in favor of a one hour Dragon Ball Super special that kicks off the last act of the Universal Survival arc with
the beginning of Goku vs. Jiren.

Massicot

On 10/1, there will be no new episode of Dragon Ball Super in favor of a one hour One Piece special. On 10/8, there will be no new episode of One Piece in favor of a one hour Dragon Ball Super special that kicks off the last act of the Universal Survival arc with
the beginning of Goku vs. Jiren.

Thanks for the info. Wonder if it will be a notable animation showcase.

Gohan's gonna have to pull another epic power up out of his ass if wants to hang with Jiren if kaioken Goku can't, so nothing new for him really.

I know this has been repeated like multiple time but I sort of find it weird how some of the fighters don't treat this Battle Royale seriously, I'm just saying if Toppo was a decent leader he should've told his team to stay away from the fighters of uni 6 and 7

I know this has been repeated like multiple time but I sort of find it weird how some of the fighters don't treat this Battle Royale seriously, I'm just saying if Toppo was a decent leader he should've told his team to stay away from the fighters of uni 6 and 7

And how do you know that leader hasn't been assessing the combat potential and fighting style of all kinds of opponents with the explicit goal of wrecking everything with Jiren at precisely the right time?

Shadio

There's no sense of urgency in this tournament at all. The only person who's seemed even slightly desperate to survive was Universe 9's Kaioshin. Besides that, every elimination that I can remember has been met with either mild disappointment or annoyance.

Most of the fighters seem to be treating it like a game or are more focused on proving their superiority to their opponents than worrying about the fact that they need to get this right. In fact, besides Frieza, everyone who chose to go and beat people up rather than bother with Gohan's strategy has a family they may never see again. What happened to the Vegeta that hugged Trunks upon realising he was going to die? Why did nobody seem worried about the fact that they may never return to their loved ones?

Plus it doesn't help that everyone who wasn't fortunate to get a personality is going around acting like typical low-level Frieza soldiers. Even half of that superhero team were walking around with cocky grins on their faces and laughed every time they scored a hit on their opponents. I'm fairly certain that if I were fighting for my life, I wouldn't be taking every opportunity to stop and taunt my opponents.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but this arc feels like one of the least serious so far. The stakes have never been higher and probably never will be again, but you wouldn't know simply by looking at how the characters behave.

I just switched through TV channels, and there was Dragon Ball Kai running (Buu Saga), and it had Dragon Ball super music, from the future Trunks saga.

Wonder if this was especially for German TV. I watched the Kai Buu Saga when it was running in Japan, with the sumitomo score.

This hiatus is harsh and it hasn't even hit yet. Maybe I'll take this time and go back and watch the Super movie arcs since i had skipped them from watching the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom