• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-hate-u

If Vegeta doesn't lose to Frost, he is going to be the one holding off Jiren while Goku charges his Genki Dama. And right before he throws it, Jiren eliminated Vegeta.

daveo42

Banned
Why do you say that?

Higher average level probably means those at the top are well above those at the top of "lower power" universes. Not expressly the case, because it is an average, but my guess is that
Jiren isn't as powerful as Beerus, but a few from one of the >7 power level Universes are.

RefigeKru

Banned
I don't get your logic here.

I know Kaioken math is quite silly but 20x is only twice as strong as his last full power usage against Hit, who was still standing after Goku's beatdown. Compared to Goku's own established strength in this arc vs the other fighters @ blue and thinking back to Hit's fight, 20x won't be a thing - which we know since we've already been shown Goku's new form - it's just Kaioken x 10 wasn't that much of a boost either.
Oh well, at least people might start getting eliminated soon.

I know Kaioken math is quite silly but 20x is only twice as strong as his last full power usage against Hit, who was still standing after Goku's beatdown. Compared to Goku's own established strength in this arc vs the other fighters @ blue and thinking back to Hit's fight, 20x won't be a thing - which we know since we've already been shown Goku's new form - it's just Kaioken x 10 wasn't that much of a boost either.
That doesn't make much sense.

caliph95

and that's still a big difference
and Hit and Goku were tied and Hit kept up because if his Time abilities

Jiren is pure raw power likey

6 x 10 = 60

6 x 20 = 120

6 x 10 x 2 = ?

How does it work?

I know Kaioken technically is already a x2 multiplier blah blah blah

"Only double" when the numbers are really high isn't something minor.
The difference between 2 and 4 is much smaller than the difference between 2 Billion and 4 Billion.

That's why I spoke on x10 already being shown to be minor
except when used against Gohan

It's just not really hype worthy to me thats all guys jeez

It wasn't minor, Hit's deal is that he can just get stronger and increase the duration of his Time Skip on the fly, he was able to adapt to Goku's boost.

It wasn't minor, Hit's deal is that he can just get stronger and increase the duration of his Time Skip on the fly, he was able to adapt to Goku's boost.

Hit doesn't get stronger. If that was the case then he would have beat regular Kaioken Goku in episode 40 easily. He didn't. He actually almost got beat in one punch.

caliph95

Hit is not that strong (Well he is strong but not Goku strong), his whole deal is him using his techniques to keep up such as pressure points and his Time shit

RefigeKru

Banned

Cool, yet Hit was getting his ass handed to him by that Rabbit dude, getting more damage than in his fight against Goku.

So it's not unreasonable to think that 20x KK would be useless off the bat right?

Red Devil

Why do you say that?

Well,
while it isn't the whole story if they have higher "ningen" levels and that it isn't simply about power I suppose between those 4 there could be a very strong being, I don't think it's a casuality they're just watching, even if some of them are still horrified by the idea of universes getting erased

RefigeKru

Banned
Hit doesn't get stronger. If that was the case then he would have beat regular Kaioken Goku in episode 40 easily. He didn't. He actually almost got beat in one punch.

See this is where I'm coming from, even watching footage from his fight with Goku again and base blue Goku manages to get some hard bangs in, Hit is all "uwaaah" - 10x KK gets a whole hyper combo in and a kamehameha in and the fight isn't over - Goku gives due to stamina.

They mention specifically that it's like Saiyans getting stronger from fighting.
Cool, yet Hit was getting his ass handed to him by that Rabbit dude, getting more damage than in his fight against Goku.

So it's not unreasonable to think that 20x KK would be useless off the bat right?
So? Dyspo is strong and incredibly fast, faster than Goku and Hit still adapted.

Style

Banned

Freeza from Second Form to Final Form?
Cell from Imperfect Cell to Perfect Cell?
Buu from Buuhan/Super Buu to Kid Buu?

Even the formless villains have followed the slim and lean > ripped trope: Beerus as he is and Vegeta with Nappa as the bait and switch.

The only exceptions are Merged Zamasu becoming Hulk and filler stuff like Broly (lol).

I don't think Jiren does have a second form because it'd probably have leaked from marketing by now, but I still find it weird they are going all out with a ripped villain.

No he didn't, you think they'd keep a big red screen filter on an entire episode?
If he had dropped out of x10 he wouldn't have been Kaioken at all when he stepped up on the portrait.

His hair is different. That's a very clear sign he dropped out of it.

But if you don't want to admit it then fine.

His hair is different. That's a very clear sign he dropped out of it.

But if you don't want to admit it then fine.

His hair doesn't change in X10.
maxresdefault.jpg

I know transformations are used to sell merch, but one thing has always lingered in the back of my mind. Saiyans have started to rely on transformations to get stronger, yet you have people like Toppo amd Jiren being super strong in base form.

What fucking training did those guys go through to be as strong as blue and because of Jiren, force Goku to come up with an even more powerful transformation.

Different races or species have different abilities and/or powers, so it's not that big a thing that they don't have transformations. And it's entirely possible that they, or at least Jiren, very well could have some type of transformation. We don't know. Also, it's only because we've become so accustomed to transformations that we now look at the idea of no transformation at all as somewhat evidence of superiority, when in reality it doesn't necessarily matter so much how you become as powerful as you are. The only thing that matters in the end is having the power to win. I would love nothing more than for this entire thing to be a huge build up for a Gohan power-up that ends up either coming close to winning the tournament of power, or a Gohan power-up that effectively stalemates the tournament of power at a 1 v 1 between Jiren and Gohan before some unforeseen circumstance interrupts the whole thing.

They could maybe make it so that Gohan clearly didn't master his new power yet, which likely implies that had it gone further Jiren would've come out on top. That way nobody feels like Gohan instantly had the upperhand while also leaving something exciting and kind of unknown hanging out there in the future for Gohan. Meanwhile we all know Goku will become stronger with whatever his new form turned out to be.

NandoGip

Just wanted to repost a theory I made 2 months ago to spur some discussion

Theory was written up immediately after the first episode of the tournament (97)

My personal theory:

Within the next 8-13 episodes, something happens that eliminates or removes the GoD's/Zeno from the picture. Then, most of the remaining warriors end up in a new setting.

My best guess for the new setting is that the current ring ends up somewhere that is not the void. Possible a planet or alternate dimension? Somewhere with destroyed buildings, mountains, and a day/night cycle.

I'm leaning towards there being a new antagonist

Whatever the new problem is, it will force Jiren to use his true power, a metal skin transformation. Steel Jiren?

Reasons:

-The arc is called "Universe Survival Arc" not "Tournament of Power Arc"

-Universe Survival poster has a very mysterious tagline of the either the power of the gods ending, or being unlocked. The translation could go either way, seems intentionally vague.

-Jirens transformation is a guess based on two separate released figures where he is painted metal, while every single other detail on him and other figures are 100% accurate. No one in the aired ToP episodes/previews look remotely close to being able to touch Jiren that would force him to transform.

-The ED is possibly a sign of things to come. Typically they only last 9-13 episodes, and every time they change over, a new arc/phase begins.

-The ED shows the sun overlooking a round platform where the 8 U7 fighters are standing. Coud be the tournament platform that fell from the sky? It looks damaged, and has matching colors to the edge of the platform.

-30~ episode long recruitment arc wouldn't make sense unless the proceeding storyline lasted just as long, if not longer. I can not imagine this current iteration of the tournament could possibly be stretched out for 30 episodes.

-Goku in the ED has battle damage, but half his clothes are not ripped off like in the recently released poster. My guess is that what causes him to get that way is coming in the next phase.

-GoD's were just released in DBH, yet only Jiren from the ToP was released. This could either mean absolutely nothing, or it could mean that since they will be removed from the story soon, Heroes is trying to shove them all in at once

-The black and white teaser trailer released like 8 months ago (dont remember exact date) has almost nothing matching what's been shown in the anime, but staff have confirmed scripts being completed many many many months ahead of air dates.

I'm sure there will be disagreement, but keep in mind I am just theorizing. If you disagree, that's fine. I could be 10000% wrong about all of this.

Just wanted to repost a theory I made 2 months ago to spur some discussion

Theory was written up immediately after the first episode of the tournament (97)
Two little mistakes.

-The ED is possibly a sign of things to come. Typically they only last 9-13 episodes, and every time they change over, a new arc/phase begins.

When the EDs change has nothing to do with what's going on in the show, they change every 13 weeks.
The EDs usually change at random points in the plot because the plot isn't planned around TV seasons.

-The black and white teaser trailer released like 8 months ago (dont remember exact date) has almost nothing matching what's been shown in the anime, but staff have confirmed scripts being completed many many many months ahead of air dates.
Those were manga panels from Toyotaro, and we know the manga and anime can be pretty different.

But anyways I agree, I still don't think the tournament is the end of the arc, and them referring to the special as being the start pf the climax of the tournament instead of saying the climax of the arc makes me think that even more. My guess is that the tournament's "climax" will be 5-8 episodes and then the rest of the arc will run for the remainder of November and then through December, into January and maybe even February, depending on what happens.

Morlas

Two little mistakes.

When the EDs change has nothing to do with what's going on in the show, they change every 13 weeks.
The EDs usually change at random points in the plot because the plot isn't planned around TV seasons.

Those were manga panels from Toyotaro, and we know the manga and anime can be pretty different.

But anyways I agree, I still don't think the tournament is the end of the arc, and them referring to the special as being the start pf the climax of the tournament instead of saying the climax of the arc makes me think that even more. My guess is that the tournament's "climax" will be 5-8 episodes and then the rest of the arc will run for the remainder of November and then through December, into January and maybe even February, depending on what happens.
Any universe remaining will be teleported to a remote world and play the ultimate game of survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom