• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

If we're going with the ending theory, Gohan should be the last man standing. But I dunno if it would be right for him to win it. Doesn't seem appropriate with his development. I feel like he has a long way to go and this is only the start.

Except with literally everyone who understands the name. Do I really need to argue this? The U is not there, the mouth flaps of the characters do TWO Syllables. It's spelled Zamasu in Romanization pronounced Zamas and anyone can see that watching the show.

rip

J4g3r

It's real, but to be fair to Sean he wasn't give any context about Black when he recorded for that, his voice in the show should be much different

It's real, comes from Xenoverse 2 and as stated before, Schemmel wasn't really given any context, so hopefully he'll change the voice for the dub and he won't say shit like "Goku Black likey".

Oh I knew about the Xenoverse 2 DLC dub. I must have missed where he said "Goku Black Likey" though, god damn...

His Rosé voice was a little better and more what I'd expect, Zamasu's dub was god awful though... D:

If we're going with the ending theory, Gohan should be the last man standing. But I dunno if it would be right for him to win it. Doesn't seem appropriate with his development. I feel like he has a long way to go and this is only the start.

rip

Actually, there has been some not too subtle hints, contrary to the build up for the Goku vs Jiren fight, that it could be Gohan who has the biggest, most decisive moment in this tournament.

Either way, something huge is being built up and it involves not just Goku, but Gohan also. What are the two most memorable angry reactions to the actions of the gods just wiping out universes? Goku's stare down at Grand Priest, and Gohan's visible disturbed attitude looking at the family the person he defeated is now going to lose. He also clenched his fist in anger. Something is coming for Gohan.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

rip

He may not have been in the most episodes, but they've been giving him a lot of character moments this arc. This is likely the start of a much longer arc for him, but him lasting to the end makes sense given what they've developed so far.

He already said he changed it.

Rose was recorded afterwards and it's basically the new take on the character. And it's because of Zamasu's voice actor that he made Rose sound like this.

i feel like making goku blacks voice being based on zamasu's voice, as opposed to only being slightly different than goku's voice, takes away some of the mystery about black's true identity

Owari

Ugh why does this keep getting bumped when we're on a hiatus. Making it worse :( tricking me into thinking there's something new.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The goku black dub is out of context for sean schemmel, but he has gone out of his way to defend it on twitter alot, making me think they're sticking with the voice.

caliph95

Unless Zeno erases all of us for being annoying.
DIMZangVAAA84sq

Daingurse

Hopefully Schemmel's Black voice will be better with some actual direction. People say the voice acting in XV2 wasn't great in-general, right? I've only played some of XV1, and remember the voice-work being really weak in that game.

caliph95

Hopefully Schemmel's Black voice will be better with some actual direction. People say the voice acting in XV2 wasn't great in-general, right? I've only played some of XV1, and remember the voice-work being really weak in that game.
Champagne wasn't great either
Neither were the U6 guys though the voices were fine but I'm glad they changed Hit voice actor and he won't say stuff like "Time to make the donuts" and "Oh you must be pretty tight"

dickroach

so I watched Lord Slug and the first Cooler movie
- amount of screen time Goku's pet dragon got: 6 minutes. amount of screen time Vegeta got: 0 seconds
- I love hearing Super Saiyan being talked about as if it truly is some legendary being
- it's so clear Toei was never ever going to let Frieza die for good ever, even way back then. Cooler is just Frieza2
- Goku can heal small animals?
- the dub kinda sucks. when I started DB Super (subbed) I was apprehensive because I was so used to the dub voices, but man... going back to them... meh.

it's been so long since I'd watched a DBZ movie. I'd seen the first 3 on Cartoon Networ, and I had the Bardock and Trunks movies, and one of the Dragon Ball movies, on VHS.

Daingurse

Champagne wasn't great either
Neither were the U6 guys though the voices were fine but I'm glad they changed Hit voice actor and he won't say stuff like "Time to make the donuts" and "Oh you must be pretty tight"

Haha, wut. They gave Hit those lines of dialogue? That's weird. Lol.

HardRojo

I think the channel is Mexican-exclusive but for anyone who has it: Dragon Ball Super will start airing October 2nd on Canal 5 at 10 pm

Mario Castañeda will save us

Damn. No local channels here in Peru have picked up the series yet I believe. It's probably just a matter of time to be honest, though local TV is really shitty as of late, focusing mostly on gossip, famous people (people who participate in reality TV shows and set up relationships and shit to stay relevant) and their daily lives and stupid telenovelas and whatnot. Local TV sucks.

VariantX

Got more swole. Muscles stretched the scars from existence.

God damn, look at that first pic. Lucky Bulma.

Its truth. That's some fist of the north star shit. Doctors are like unicorns after a nuclear apocalypse. Gotta make do by getting so swole you can treat gaping holes in your body by flexing their wounds shut.

Watching the Black arc again and wow episode 61 is just phenomenal. It's really one of the best episodes of Dragon Ball, period.

It has cool fights (I'm going to be very disappointed if Black doesn't have Zamasu as an assist in FighterZ.), great revelations, the soundtrack is on point in every single scene, one of the saddest scenes in the entire series and one cool fucking transformation scene to end it.

10/10 episode.

Didn't really iike LatAm's ending 3. It was one of my favorites in Japanese/covers too :/
Damn. No local channels here in Peru have picked up the series yet I believe. It's probably just a matter of time to be honest, though local TV is really shitty as of late, focusing mostly on gossip, famous people (people who participate in reality TV shows and set up relationships and shit to stay relevant) and their daily lives and stupid telenovelas and whatnot. Local TV sucks.
That's weird. No one besides CN picked DB over there in Peru?
Our Canal 5 also airs Saint Seiya and Sailor Moon afaik

HardRojo

Didn't really iike LatAm's ending 3. It was one of my favorites in Japanese/covers too :/

That's weird. No one besides CN picked DB over there in Peru?
Our Canal 5 also airs Saint Seiya and Sailor Moon afaik

Ending 3 fucking sucked haaaaaard. I cringed badly when I came on as the episode ended earlier today.
I can't really recall any local channel that airs anime tbh, they are all too busy with trash content that appeals to the masses, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom