• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Super Android 13 is baaaad

- it did nothing new. Androids arrive to kill Goku because Gero made Androids to kill Goku
- a gruff redneck android, a blaxploitation android, and some silent titan android? the fuck's that about?
- that dub. oof.
- Vegeta and Picolo literally show up from nowhere.
- there was nothing interesting about 13 as a villain when he transformed
- Goku with another spirit bomb? real original
- Goku/Vegeta/Trunks/Piccolo/Gohan/Krillin all fighting one big new strong enemy should be so cool, but it's just boring and re-hashed ideas
Don't you lecture me with your $30 haircut boy, Goku dies

- it did nothing new. Androids arrive to kill Goku because Gero made Androids to kill Goku
- a gruff redneck android, a blaxploitation android, and some silent titan android? the fuck's that about?
- that dub. oof.
- Goku/Vegeta/Trunks/Piccolo/Gohan/Krillin all fighting one big new strong enemy should be so cool, but it's just boring and re-hashed ideas

I really fucking hate the old Funi dub.

Protome

lol I've never watched any of the Team Four Star stuff before. I'm 10 minutes in and it's totally on point. I could have watched this instead of the movie and saved 20 minutes
You should watch their other work. Although I'd argue that Super Android 13 is amongst their highest points. The second Bardock movie might beat it though.

Skeeter49

I think the Super 13 movie is the only DB movie I haven't seen, minus the TFS version.

I need to watch it at some point.

I'll watched Super 13 and rewatch Bio Broly later this week.

Why do you hate yourself?
It's the only time 18 does something useful post Cell arc. Please understand.

Tsunamo

kuYuri

I sill love that moment in movie 6 where metal Coola/Cooler or whatever his name is breaks Vegeta's leg. Then while Vegeta screams in pain, Cooler covers up his mouth to stop him from screaming, lmao what a savage

Skeeter49

They should have involved 16, 17 and 18 into the Super 13 movie.

Have them help out Goku and Co. With a truce.

On second thought, 16 should sit that out.

CazTGG

Conserving power?

Then why has he been in his final form since the tournament started?

Also, ep 108:
Frieza's probably not going to help him since, y'know. Frieza.
Doesn't mean he'll betray them when this seems like him trying to assess Gohan like he did with Goku a couple episodes ago

Funny how they made Yardrat guy look like a joke when California kicked him away and now he's apparently giving Gohan the business.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Rzbz5nJ.jpg

J4g3r

Please don't tell me that's the Angry Kamehameha rebirth...

EDIT: Damn it...

Also, what a strange choice for an LR - Have they forgotten about that LR poll?

To be fair all Sean was given was "evil Goku" and he worked from there

Though I question why the bale voice since he would still be Goku just sinister sounding but the rose voice which is the step in the right direction plus better voice acting shows that I should put my faith in Super dub

Especially when cabbage and champagne sounded a lot better in the anime than in Xenoverse

I mean, part of it is bad voice direction, for sure. But Schemmel shares part of that blame, too. It would be best to just, I dunno, give some context to how it was originally done. It's fine the voice should be your own thing, but it's completely illogical even for DB. Watching anything from the Goku Black arc for 5 minutes would have provided enough understanding of how it sounded that we wouldn't be getting BatGoku.

On a related note, I really, really don't know wtf is up with Funi's voice directors. they're all over the place. Their "main" series dubs are so freaking awful (DB mainly), but then smaller series they're doing simuldubs for I swear they're doing such a good job trying to at least kind of match the tone of the character to how it is in the Japanese track. I watched 3 episodes of Knight's & Magic subtitled then started over with the dub to watch the show with my wife and it's so tonally correct I thought I was warped into the mid-late 90s and was watching a Pioneer dub.

- that dub. oof.
This opinion is wrong because without it we wouldn't have the "green dick is better than blue dick" video.

Morlas

I mean, part of it is bad voice direction, for sure. But Schemmel shares part of that blame, too. It would be best to just, I dunno, give some context to how it was originally done. It's fine the voice should be your own thing, but it's completely illogical even for DB. Watching anything from the Goku Black arc for 5 minutes would have provided enough understanding of how it sounded that we wouldn't be getting BatGoku.

On a related note, I really, really don't know wtf is up with Funi's voice directors. they're all over the place. Their "main" series dubs are so freaking awful (DB mainly), but then smaller series they're doing simuldubs for I swear they're doing such a good job trying to at least kind of match the tone of the character to how it is in the Japanese track. I watched 3 episodes of Knight's & Magic subtitled then started over with the dub to watch the show with my wife and it's so tonally correct I thought I was warped into the mid-late 90s and was watching a Pioneer dub.
what? the Kai and Super dubs are excellent

ElFly

Funny how they made Yardrat guy look like a joke when California kicked him away and now he's apparently giving Gohan the business.

maybe it will prompt Gohan to
asking his father to teach him teleporting

hahaha just kidding, the only intelligent characters in this series are Goku and Califla

Skeeter49

maybe it will prompt Gohan to
asking his father to teach him teleporting

hahaha just kidding, the only intelligent characters in this series are Goku and Califla
Vegeta's smart :( So was Future Trunks when he was strategically planning his attacks on Black and Zamasu.

I'm assuming
Gohan figured a way to deal with IT after fighting Goku. From the previews, it sounds like Gohan has issues for a minute, but then counters the Yardrat, only for Frieza to show up and fuck up Gohan..

brinstar

Bio Broly was one of the first DBZ movies I ever saw back in the mid 90s on a fansub tape and let me tell you that movie is even stranger when you see it devoid of any context.

It also made lil brinstar have a crush on android 18

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Re: Frieza -
What's the benefit of betraying Universe 7 which has the best chance of winning the ToP? I get that he hates the Saiyans and Goku in particular, but I feel like he might just stab Frost in the back instead by taking him into confidence.

I hope he doesn't have a big role to play at the end of and after the ToP. I want to see him fight but I'm tired of his schemes.

Fj0823

The fact that an entire creative team could only come up with "Bio-Broly" when tasked with creating a third Broly movie says so much about Broly as a character...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom