• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to see a single Saiyaman pose or mention in this arc. If that's what does it for Videl, save it for home, but I don't want to see that outside of genuinely entertaining filler episode.
I don't want Saiyaman shit either, I'm talking about a legitimate heartfelt fight where Gohan's goodness gets through to Toppo.

Takes me back to Hercule and Buu, all these muscled up idiots kept trying to fight him and all Hercule did was tell him that killing people was bad and it was over. You couldn't predict the whole Evil Buu situation but damn that was great, could've had a Chimera Ant-esque ending there.

It's as Official as Torrunksu. His name is Zamas. Watch any episode. Specifically if you want proof go to the end of 56 when Zamas arrives. They say it 5 times in a row, "Za-Mas" not "Za-Mas-U"

No, his name is Zamasu, the U is weak, but it's there, that's a quirk of Japanese. "Torankusu" is wrong because it's just the English word Trunks, Zamasu is a Japanese word.

HardRojo

It's as Official as Torrunksu. His name is Zamas. Watch any episode. Specifically if you want proof go to the end of 56 when Zamas arrives. They say it 5 times in a row, "Za-Mas" not "Za-Mas-U"

It's the way Japanese pronunciation works in some dialects. You'll find the "u" sounds missing sometimes in words like Ikimasu, Dekimasu, Gozaimasu, etc.
Zamas is barely used in anything other than the Viz translation of the manga, which also uses Vegerot so...

It's the way Japanese pronunciation works in some dialects. You'll find the "u" sounds missing sometimes in words like Ikimasu, Dekimasu, Gozaimasu, etc.
Zamas is barely used in anything other than the Viz translation of the manga, which also uses Vegerot so...
Except with literally everyone who understands the name. Do I really need to argue this? The U is not there, the mouth flaps of the characters do TWO Syllables. It's spelled Zamasu in Romanization pronounced Zamas and anyone can see that watching the show.

HardRojo

Except with literally everyone who understands the name. Do I really need to argue this? The U is not there, the mouth flaps of the characters do TWO Syllables. It's spelled Zamasu in Romanization pronounced Zamas and anyone can see that watching the show.

Watch the preview for episode 66. Goku clearly yells "Shoubu da! Zamasu!"

SON GOK!!!!

iUIFgdQ.gif

ElFly

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is way more badass than Super Saiyan Blue

the marketing guys know it

longer, repetitive names for stuff are best

brinstar

Regardless of where you stand on the Zamasu/Zamas thing there's a world of difference between that and taking what are clearly intended to be English sounding words like Trunks and Vegeta and spelling them like Torankusu and Bejita for, as far as I can tell, no reason lol

Speaking of King Kai I am shocked how little screen time he's gotten in this series.

I was kind of annoyed that they didn't bring him along to the ToP. I guess if he found out what Goku did he'd have a heart attack at this point

Slaythe

I'm gonna say that right now, but Sean is doing a great impression of Marsters, it should be cool to have them both around in the dub.

I want to hear Marsters doing a Sean impression from when Goku has Zamasu's body though.

Morlas

SUBARASHII!

I saw a "preview" of the English dub of Black and he actually says this... Please tell me it's just a very well done edit and not legit.

It's real, but to be fair to Sean he wasn't give any context about Black when he recorded for that, his voice in the show should be much different

HardRojo

SUBARASHII!

I saw a "preview" of the English dub of Black and he actually says this... Please tell me it's just a very well done edit and not legit.

It's real, comes from Xenoverse 2 and as stated before, Schemmel wasn't really given any context, so hopefully he'll change the voice for the dub and he won't say shit like "Goku Black likey".

Slaythe

He already said he changed it.

Rose was recorded afterwards and it's basically the new take on the character. And it's because of Zamasu's voice actor that he made Rose sound like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom