• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yay, we have an episode this week! Feels like forever. RIP
Vegeta sama.

I don't like Grandma Goku but I suppose the voice suits the dumb things he does in Super like McDonalds eyes etc.

Fj0823

So LatAm got the 2nd Saint Seiya Omega Opening today and I feel its on a whole other plane of quality compared to Latino DBS

https://youtu.be/UrHazUuVnNc

Maggie Vera <3

And the Opening 3 was great too: https://youtu.be/WoFEbZJR1JU

So my question is..these are both TOEI and Mexican dub studios, so why did TOEI was so careful with quality while dubbing the openings of a Saint Seiya spin-off with mixed reception while being so fucking awful with DBS Opening and specially endings 2 and 3??

DBS is your most successful show!

According to Garza his studio only handles the dub of the show and not the songs...but then why not simply use the same studio as SS for the songs?

Alecs27

Neo Member
Watching the Black arc again and wow episode 61 is just phenomenal. It's really one of the best episodes of Dragon Ball, period.

It has cool fights (I'm going to be very disappointed if Black doesn't have Zamasu as an assist in FighterZ.), great revelations, the soundtrack is on point in every single scene, one of the saddest scenes in the entire series and one cool fucking transformation scene to end it.

10/10 episode.
Then episode 62 happened :p

dickroach

those scenes are goofy. the dub seems way goofier than the OG

second Cooler movie:
- metallic Cooler would have made a sweet 90s action figure. the animation seriously makes him look like that weird chip silver plastic.
- Goku and Vegeta both at full power, fighting the same enemy at the same time. that never ever happens. A+ stuff
- the movie's chock full of dumb B-movie sci-fi shit. I like it. best movie so far.

also Namekians are cool. Planet Namek is cool. it kinda stinks that post-Frieza saga their entire existence got minimized to just Piccolo and a handful of scenes with Dende
I wonder if/when we'll see those U6 Namekians in Super

Ending 3 fucking sucked haaaaaard. I cringed badly when I came on as the episode ended earlier today.
So LatAm got the 2nd Saint Seiya Omega Opening today and I feel its on a whole other plane of quality compared to Latino DBS

https://youtu.be/UrHazUuVnNc

Maggie Vera <3

And the Opening 3 was great too: https://youtu.be/WoFEbZJR1JU

So my question is..these are both TOEI and Mexican dub studios, so why did TOEI was so careful with quality while dubbing the openings of a Saint Seiya spin-off with mixed reception while being so fucking awful with DBS Opening and specially endings 2 and 3??

DBS is your most successful show!

According to Garza his studio only handles the dub of the show and not the songs...but then why not simply use the same studio as SS for the songs?
They really dropped the ball with the endings :(

Fj0823

They really dropped the ball with the endings :(

Which is infuriating considering how much effort Garza and his team are pumping into this...

I can only imagine their faces when watching the final product being closed by a random dude breaking his voice...

Meanwhile freaking Saint Seiya Omega of all things gets those amazing dubbed openings...

And I say this as someone who's greatly enjoying SSO's dub and it fixing a lot of the original problems. DBS deserves that and more.

Skeeter49

You're basing his performance off a game where he knew fuck all about the character. VG for a character you've never done before isn't goingto be easy.

It'll be sorted.

Moaradin

His performance so far has fucking sucked but I would love to be wrong.

Since when were the video games representative of anything? Schemmel has said in an interview that the only direction he got for Black was literally just "evil goku" and that he's going to do a different voice in the show proper.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You're basing his performance off a game where he knew fuck all about the character. VG for a character you've never done before isn't goingto be easy.

It'll be sorted.

Not only one that he never did before, but one where they left out a key detail about the character. There's 0 reason to think he won't adjust it to be more inline with the reality of the character.

dickroach

Since when were the video games representative of anything? Schemmel has said in an interview that the only direction he got for Black was literally just "evil goku" and that he's going to do a different voice in the show proper.

regular Goku is evil Goku

Fj0823

Confirmed LatAm voices for the upcoming arcs

Hit-Idzi Dutkiewicz
Notable Roles: Tony Stark in LatAm MCU, Piccolo in the awful first half of Latino Kai, Stoic the Vast in DreamWorks Dragons

Cabba- Emilio Treviño
Notable Roles: Robin in Lego Bat man, Jake in that Disney Peter Pan pirate show, Norman in ParaNorman

Zamasu- José Gilberto Vilchis
Notable Roles: Andromeda Shun in Saint Seiya, Neji Hyuuga in Naruto, Loki in the MCU (oh fuck yes...)

Gowasu- Carlos Aguila
Notable Roles: Dr. Zoidberg, Ki Adi Mundo in Star Wars

Daingurse

I think the final voice is going be fine. Dub has been pretty damn solid so far, so I'm not really worried.

Hit-Idzi Dutkiewicz
Notable Roles: Tony Stark in LatAm MCU, Piccolo in the awful first half of Latino Kai, Stoic the Vast in DreamWorks Dragons

Cabba- Emilio Treviño
Notable Roles: Robin in Lego Bat man, Jake in that Disney Peter Pan pirate show, Norman in ParaNorman

Notable Roles: Andromeda Shun in Saint Seiya, Neji Hyuuga in Naruto, Loki in the MCU (oh fuck yes...)

Gowasu- Carlos Aguila
Notable Roles: Dr. Zoidberg

Can't fucking wait.

Yeah this is what stopped me from worrying so much. It should be acceptable at the very least.

HardRojo

Hit-Idzi Dutkiewicz

Cabba- Emilio Treviño

Gowasu- Carlos Aguila

Is this good or bad? Sorry, I hardly watch/play anything in Spanish and care even less about the names of the actors. No disrespect to them, of course, hopefully they'll do a great job, it's just that DBS happens to be the only thing I'm watching in Spanish right now (along with the weekly Japanese episodes). All movies, series and games are set to English (or Japanese where it applies) by default for me :p
What did he use the French word for black instead of just using "Black"?
He said Black Goku, instead of Goku Black.

Morlas

Is this good or bad? Sorry, I hardly watch/play anything in Spanish and care even less about the names of the actors. No disrespect to them, of course, hopefully they'll do a great job, it's just that DBS happens to be the only thing I'm watching in Spanish right now (along with the weekly Japanese episodes). All movies, series and games are set to English (or Japanese where it applies) by default for me :p

Ah...strange how the ordering makes it have completely different connotations

Fj0823

Is this good or bad? Sorry, I hardly watch/play anything in Spanish and care even less about the onames of the actors. No disrespect to them, of course, hopefully they'll do a great job, it's just that DBS happens to be the only thing I'm watching in Spanish right now (along with the weekly Japanese episodes). All movies, series and games are set to English (or Japanese where it applies) by default for me :p

For Zamasu is the best fucking choice. Dude is very used to play god complex assholes by now

For Hit is good too, he has a deep serious voice that is the exact reason I dislike his Stark but it would go great on Hit

Gowasu got a 76 y/o I veteran, 0 worries there

Cabba is good but might end up a bit kiddy/feminine sounding, that's my only real worry

Morlas

For Zamasu is the best fucking choice. Dude is very used to play god complex assholes by now

For Hit is good too, he has a deep serious voice that is the exact reason I dislike his Stark but it would go great on Hit

Gowasu got a 76 y/o I veteran, 0 worries there

Cabba is good but might end up a bit kiddy/feminine sounding, that's my only real worry
Hey man voice should fit the body

Fj0823

But no one's asking the important question.

Are they saying Zamasu or Zamas?

Latin dubs almost always pronounce the U, only exceptions I can think of is "Sasuke" which is pronounced "Saske" and we also got "Asuka" in Evangelion but then we got "Aska" in the shitty redub

The real question is will they pronounce it ZAH-ma-su or Za-MAH-su

Latin dubs always get weird with accentuating the Us. We have a card captor called Sa-KUH-ra and a ninja called SAH-ku-ra

Which is infuriating considering how much effort Garza and his team are pumping into this...

I can only imagine their faces when watching the final product being closed by a random dude breaking his voice...

Meanwhile freaking Saint Seiya Omega of all things gets those amazing dubbed openings...

And I say this as someone who's greatly enjoying SSO's dub and it fixing a lot of the original problems. DBS deserves that and more.
Just listened to the SS Omega opening and you're right, it's amazing! DBS deserves more in that department...

Hit-Idzi Dutkiewicz

Cabba- Emilio Treviño

Gowasu- Carlos Aguila
YOOOOO!!! Fantastic choices for Hit and Zamasu! Both are great VA. So hyped for them (specially Zamasu's breakdowns). Bet Gowasu's great too. As Fj said only Emilio Treviño is the kinda odd one, his voice is too kiddy, or at least it is compared to the Japanese one :p

Hopefully Schemmel's Black voice will be better with some actual direction. People say the voice acting in XV2 wasn't great in-general, right? I've only played some of XV1, and remember the voice-work being really weak in that game.

It's silly because if you just do what Nozawa did and act more serious, less high inflection and a slightly different speech pattern, it would probably be fine. There's no need to act like you've been smoking for 60 years because you're really voicing the same exact character, just with a different speech pattern.

I mean, just treat it like Face/Off

caliph95

It's silly because if you just do what Nozawa did and act more serious, less high inflection and a slightly different speech pattern, it would probably be fine. There's no need to act like you've been smoking for 60 years because you're really voicing the same exact character, just with a different speech pattern.

To be fair all Sean was given was "evil Goku" and he worked from there

Though I question why the bale voice since he would still be Goku just sinister sounding but the rose voice which is the step in the right direction plus better voice acting shows that I should put my faith in Super dub

Especially when cabbage and champagne sounded a lot better in the anime than in Xenoverse

ElFly

for Zamasu they should have picked the guy who played James in the classic Latam pokemon dub

is he alive?

and have him go ham with the mexican in-jokes and crazy changes in tone

Zaverious

Pretty much my problem with it. Why do you have to be gruffier than SS4 Goku or straight up British? Why not just talk more seriously with the same voice.

caliph95

for Zamasu they should have picked the guy who played James in the classic Latam pokemon dub

is he alive?

and have him go ham with the mexican in-jokes and crazy changes in tone

Zamasu
Prepare for trouble!

Black
Make it double!

Zamasu
To rid the world from infestation!

Black
To smite all mortals within our nation!

Zamasu
To denounce the evils of truth and love!

Black
To extend our reach to the stars above!

Zamasu
Zamasu!

Black
Black!

JESSIE
Team Zamasu, blast off at the speed of light!

HardRojo

This Saturday everything goes back to normal, finally :D
Edit: Ah, I had forgotten Episode 27 marked the return of Gohan, as he asked Piccolo to train him again.

dickroach

Super Android 13 is baaaad

- it did nothing new. Androids arrive to kill Goku because Gero made Androids to kill Goku
- a gruff redneck android, a blaxploitation android, and some silent titan android? the fuck's that about?
- that dub. oof.
- Vegeta and Picolo literally show up from nowhere.
- there was nothing interesting about 13 as a villain when he transformed
- Goku with another spirit bomb? real original
- Goku/Vegeta/Trunks/Piccolo/Gohan/Krillin all fighting one big new strong enemy should be so cool, but it's just boring and re-hashed ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom