• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

Oh, I just noticed this episode was storyboarded by Nagamine Tatsuya himself. No wonder it was so good; it felt like legitimate thought went into scene composition and choreography.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'm just listening to Trouble Erupts Extended on a loop after watching this episode (till I get desensitized anyway). Gaddammm.

I honestly believe that Goku will not beat Jiren. They'll double KO.

The fate of the Universe in Gohan's hands? Hell yeah!

caliph95

Jiren gonna defeat goku like
giphy.gif
Nah like this
dd9a168b4d05a6841062e0e691b5e125.gif

Jiren is on some crack bullshit, fuck Goku if he pulls some powerup out of his ass to beat Jiren, I'll accept some Super Android 13 spirit bomb absorption nonsense but he better not have had it in the back pocket the whole time.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
^ Yeah, Frost Mafuba thing was nonsense but expected.

I think it's now time for Jiren to clean house. He might eliminate 15-20 fighters on his own.

Hope they give him more facial expressions. He looked super cool in that one shot.

7Th

What Super needs more of is atmospheric scenes like Frost's conversation with Champa; that's Toei's main strength.

All Goku needs to do is prevent Jiren from eliminating the remnants of the team. It will probably be Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and 17 left. Still more than what U11 has and I only see Hit and Caulifa maybe lasting from U6. Maybe Kale will eliminate Dyspo or something. It's to the point where the major players are only going to eliminate each other and I don't even think Frost is on that level.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
You know, they prolly shoulda brought Roshi to fight Zamasu and Black. Future Trunks timeline probably wouldn't have gotten completely erased.

Loved Vegeta and Roshi teaming up. I think that's the 1st time they've interacted in the series. Good to see the ending theory debunked. Frost is looking to sneak attack Frieza in the NEP.

The fate of the Universe in Gohan's hands? Hell yeah!

tumblr_nj23htMyOt1sjzneko3_500.gif

Cowards can be heroes after all!

Jiren knocked the fuck out the blue guy, didn't even touch him right? The writers going even further off the deep end if/when Goku deals with this guy because power wise, he is absolutely insane. With a whole 15 fucking minutes having gone in the tournament, something has to give now. Jiren is just pure power and must admit I do like him, but with so many characters left a lot are just gonna get fucked over within a single episode. Jiren will take out most of them without breaking a sweat.

It kinda makes more egregious that Jiren could have easily ended the Saiyan girls and save his teammates

I agree.

The writing is all over the place. I know this show is about turning off your brain and riding it out, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

Also, like someone mentioned earlier I don't see how Goku can even compete, let alone beat Jiren, without one hell of an asspull.

The plotkai is strong.

I agree.

The writing is all over the place. I know this show is about turning off your brain and riding it out, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

Also, like someone mentioned earlier I don't see how Goku can even compete, let alone beat Jiren, without one hell of an asspull.

The plotkai is strong.

I think it's been pretty clear that Jiren doesn't actually care much about the Pride Troopers. In this instance it seems more like he knew the guy was specifically coming after him so he wanted to put the guy down. If he went straight for Dypso with that being his goal, I doubt Jiren would have interfered.

As for Goku not standing a chance against him.... the dude just punched the air and didn't even knock the Kais out of their seats. Nothing has portrayed him as really strong other than a few peoples reactions. He hasn't actually shown anything that makes him stronger than SSB.

its funny, no matter how broken Jiren is, he's still gonna be an ant compared to the angels(and some of the GoD depending on if he is indeed the mortal stronger than his GoD), Zeno almighty how far is this gonna go

SuperOrez

Eh, that'd be kinda boring. A more interesting route would be Goku really not having much of a chance at all (power-up and all) but U7 still surviving regardless of that.
If it sticks how Super had been thus far, I can see that happening. He lost to Berus but Berus changed his mind. He beat Frieza but still lost cause Frieza blew up the planet. And he lost to Black only winning because of a dues ex machina. So if universe 7 loses it'll be kinda cool to see that consistency.

I like that there's a technique for concealing so strong that even GoDs don't realize someone is using it

I like that Tien is the only person to have noticed that someone was using it

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah Tien could sense them but it really hasn't been of any use yet. Everyone else found out there were two invisible people just by deduction.

I think it's been pretty clear that Jiren doesn't actually care much about the Pride Troopers. In this instance it seems more like he knew the guy was specifically coming after him so he wanted to put the guy down. If he went straight for Dypso with that being his goal, I doubt Jiren would have interfered.

As for Goku not standing a chance against him.... the dude just punched the air and didn't even knock the Kais out of their seats. Nothing has portrayed him as really strong other than a few peoples reactions. He hasn't actually shown anything that makes him stronger than SSB.

I can't tell if your second paragraph is a joke or not.

Frieza race are a bunch of fight genuises, it took Goku a hot minute to get the mafuba down and Frost reverses it and hits a small target in no time flat.

Then again Trunks got it down from a video pretty fast, maybe Goku just sucks at it.

If it sticks how Super had been thus far, I can see that happening. He lost to Berus but Berus changed his mind. He beat Frieza but still lost cause Frieza blew up the planet. And he lost to Black only winning because of a dues ex machina. So if universe 7 loses it'll be kinda cool to see that consistency.

It'd be great if Goku got knocked out because he let his guard down.

And then Vegeta was the last one standing after knocking everyone else out, proving that he was all they needed to win like he's been saying all this time

I expect something completely different

I'll be shocked if Frost isn't eliminated in the next episode, Frieza's gonna make him beg for death for trying to double-cross him.

Frieza race are a bunch of fight genuises, it took Goku a hot minute to get the mafuba down and Frost reverses it and hits a small target in no time flat.

Then again Trunks got it down from a video pretty fast, maybe Goku just sucks at it.

Frieza's race is pretty smart, they're just hindered by their ego.

Omni

Yeah, no way Frieza doesn't see this coming

I have to give the writers props, Frost is a character that I actually really dislike. I want to see him bodied already

mas8705

Part of me is wondering if I missed something. I thought there were 37 people left, not 36 at the start. Also it is good to know the "Ending elimination" has been debunked with Roshi literally dropping out.

Oh well... Regardless, here's the breakdown:

1) Vegeta- 6 Eliminations, 3 assists
2) Goku- 3 Eliminations, 3 Assists
3) Master Roshi- 3 Eliminations, two assists
4) Android 18- 3 Eliminations, one Assist
5)Kale- 2 Eliminations 3 Assists
6) Caulifla- 1 Elimination 3 Assists
7) Frieza, Cabba, Android 17, Gohan, & Hit- 2 Eliminations
12) Krillin- 1 Elimination, 2 Assists
13- Tien 1 Elimination, One Assist
14) Basil, Frost, Ribianne, Jimeze Piccolo, Harmira, Jiren- 1 Elimination

Jiren finally knocks someone out while Vegeta adds to his lead. Don't think we can really hold Roshi taking himself out for anything, so we'll leave him where he's at for now.

---

As for next time, definitely a fun little twist for Frieza to actually go after Gohan with Frost as support. That said though, I wonder if this won't suddenly come to an abrupt end when one tries to stab the other in the back.

Unbounded

Man, they really missed a trump card with Roshi.

Coulda Mafuba'd Jiren or taken one of his punches and died.

In both cases Jiren becomes an easy DQ.

Though I'm betting Jiren's ability is based on power storage, hence why his teammates sorta keep jumping in to cover him. Goku's probably going to fight him by just constantly rushing him, preventing him from storing jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom