• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no way Frieza doesn't see this coming

I have to give the writers props, Frost is a character that I actually really dislike. I want to see him bodied already

Frost is such a shitheel I'm rooting for Frieza to ruin him, for the love of Dende don't get tricked by this asshole.

Frost is such a shitheel I'm rooting for Frieza to ruin him, for the love of Dende don't get tricked by this asshole.

Frieza won't be tricked, he's been in this game too long. I doubt Frost is even aware of the massive power gap between him and Frieza.

latest

They really nailed his evil smile, love it!

Man, they really missed a trump card with Roshi.

Coulda Mafuba'd Jiren or taken one of his punches and died.

In both cases Jiren becomes an easy DQ.

Though I'm betting Jiren's ability is based on power storage, hence why his teammates sorta keep jumping in to cover him. Goku's probably going to fight him by just constantly rushing him, preventing him from storing jack.
So basically he's a faster Elizabello II

Man, they really missed a trump card with Roshi.

Coulda Mafuba'd Jiren or taken one of his punches and died.

In both cases Jiren becomes an easy DQ.

Though I'm betting Jiren's ability is based on power storage, hence why his teammates sorta keep jumping in to cover him. Goku's probably going to fight him by just constantly rushing him, preventing him from storing jack.

I'm still waiting for someone to get killed, and the twins to allow it because it's interesting

After all this time it's probably not going to happen, but I've been expecting it since they first changed the rules just because

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
He saw it once then countered it later. Piccolo did the same thing except he saw it like 3 times and it was of the course of years. Frost is just better than Piccolo ok
I don't like the technique anyway but it's cheap enough to grab Frost's attention I guess. It's right up his alley.

I think by "disruption" Frost meant gaining Frieza's confidence and then stabbing him in the back. We all know that's not going to happen. You don't out scum Frieza. Also, Frieza is going to pummel Frost into oblivion and I'm going to enjoy every single moment of it.

Durden77

Holy shit. What a fucking episode.

There was so much real tension in this episode. I know Frost is supposed to be a fighter of deception, not of strength, but I figured they would flub that and just make him another Frieza anyway.

But WOW was I wrong. He was absolutely spectacular here. Scary as fuck in a way that is similar but also completely different from Frieza. So many layers to his deciption.

My heart was racing for Vegeta (he's my dawg), but I pumped my fist when he was released. Such a great roller coaster of tension. Great use of Roshi and a send off that worked, especially because I thought they missed an opportunity with his death in his featured episode, but this definitely redeemed it. Good character interactions between Roshi and Vegeta. Fucking Frost.

So much good shit. Definitely one of the best episodes of Super I have ever seen. Only complaints I have is how Frost learned how to reverse the Maffuba so quickly, and the first half of the episode wasn't as good. It wasn't bad, the recap was nicely done and seeing Jiren actually do stuff is always good, but the second half was SO good it just made it seem kind of meh.

And I legit lost it at Beerus calling out the baldies lot, bahahah. Man. Excellent shit.

I wonder if you seal someone in a Mafuba then tossed into a black hole what would happen?

can some of these guys survive a black hole in the first place?

could've done that to Freeza in the Namek arc

Rutger

Banned
That was a really good episode.

Roshi got a lot of love these past two episodes, Vegeta was allowed to show character beyond his pride for once in this arc, and Frost is becoming a very interesting villain.

I'm worried about the next episode though. It would be too easy for them to fall back on Frieza and toss Frost to the side. That would be a shame since Frost's weaker but cunning nature adds a very interesting dynamic to a Dragon Ball villain.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't like the technique anyway but it's cheap enough to grab Frost's attention I guess. It's right up his alley.

I think by "disruption" Frost meant gaining Frieza's confidence and then stabbing him in the back. We all know that's not going to happen. You don't out scum Frieza. Also, Frieza is going to pummel Frost into oblivion and I'm going to enjoy every single moment of it.

Frost probably doesn't realize there's such a huge powergap between him and Freeza. The look on his face when he realizes it is going to be priceless.

Jmille99

Good to see Roshi have such a large part in this tournament after being critical of his inclusion in the first place. They definitely had the aged teacher holding his own.

Next episode might be interesting. Curious how the fight comes about (Im guessing Frost is going to take credit for turning them against each other, but Frieza just plays along before wrecking Frost), but also wondering how little a role Jimizu will play since he was in the original synopsis but not in the preview.

NimbusD

Wait, for some reason I was under the impression we were getting a double episode. Is that later? Or was that just speculation from weeks ago that I never realized wasnt real.

Anyway, great episode but I'm getting antsy, ready for a shake up to the status quo.

I-hate-u

Fantastic, fantastic episode. One of the best in the arc and a very fitting end to Roshi's incredible run

I am not a Vegeta fan but I got chills when he came out of the containment in his Blue form. I really don't understand the haters of Super. I never once liked Vegeta in Z but he has so a handful of fantastic moments in this series so far. His interaction with Roshi was good too.

Can't wait to see the eventual double cross by Frost on Freeza.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Wait, for some reason I was under the impression we were getting a double episode. Is that later? Or was that just speculation from weeks ago that I never realized wasnt real.

Anyway, great episode but I'm getting antsy, ready for a shake up to the status quo.

October 8th

I don't think Frost actually did a reverse mafuba like Piccolo Jr did against Kami in Dragon Ball. It wasn't meant for him, it was meant for Magetta, he just intercepted and redirected it.

It was obvious from the start that Frost is going to backstab Frieza. Frieza is a lot of things, but he's not really a shady backstaber. He never turned his back on Dodoria, Zarbon, Ginyu, Tagoma etc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It was obvious from the start that Frost is going to backstab Frieza. Frieza is a lot of things, but he's not really a shady backstaber. He never turned his back on Dodoria, Zarbon, Ginyu, Tagoma etc.

Freeza's like a billion times stronger than all of them though. He basically kept them around because he's a lazy bastard and didn't want to do any work.

If the other way around happens it would be boring and bad.

At the very least have Frieza only "win" after Frost's backstab attempt.

Agent_J

I want to get into this show (loved the original DB and Z, never watched GT) but from what early episodes I've seen so far, it's trash. I randomly came across an episode in the 20s or 30s featuring a character with large nipples. WTF happened to this series?

In what episode does the real action start?

He saw it once then countered it later. Piccolo did the same thing except he saw it like 3 times and it was of the course of years. Frost is just better than Piccolo ok

Frost may be weaker than Freeza, but tactically more advanced. He dived through a kamehameha in Champa's tournament (Cooler did it! .. wait), and realized quickly what Piccollo was doing as well. There is some ground for believing he's a better tactician than Freeza is, if only because he had keep his power down the whole time and navigate fighting alongside others while not revealing his true motivations. Freeza never did that, caring only about himself and his revenge / power, so there's no reason he would understand teamwork.

Regardless of that however, Freeza copied Krillin's destructo disk (doubled, even) after just seeing it once too, so aptitude for copying techniques is definitely a thing with the mainline villains and heros (Goku learning the kamehameha, Buu instantly copying Goku's attacks, and so on).
Even Tien originally did so with the kamehameha when fighting craterface... eh, Yamcha.

LotusHD

Banned
I want to get into this show (loved the original DB and Z, never watched GT) but from what early episodes I've seen so far, it's trash. I randomly came across an episode in the 20s or 30s featuring a character with large nipples. WTF happened to this series?

In what episode does the real action start?

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom