• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karsha

How the hell did Frost know the way to reverse mafuba? Piccolo studied that technique for years to come up with a way to counter it lol

Sony

Nintendo
How the hell did Frost know the way to reverse mafuba? Piccolo studied that technique for years to come up with a way to counter it lol

I dont think Frost learned to reverse Mafuba specifically, but rather has a general reflect ability he used on Mafuba.

Mark1

Master Roshi. You've been one of the best in this arc by far, maybe only behind 17. Toriyama do not put this amazing character in the back burner again. Don't make him that creepy old perv again.

Loved Vegeta's interactions with him in this episode.

Frost is shown to be quite an evil douche here too. I liked it.

Looking forward to next week's (?) episode.

Kevinroc

Master Roshi. You've been one of the best in this arc by far, maybe only behind 17. Toriyama do not put this amazing character in the back burner again. Don't make him that creepy old perv again.

Loved Vegeta's interactions with him in this episode.

Frost is shown to be quite an evil douche here too. I liked it.

Looking forward to next week's (?) episode.

Yes, there's an episode next week. It's the week after, 10/1, that DBS will be on break.

Chalk it up to the usual plot holes in DB, but Vegeta suddenly being able to shoot the thing on the robot ear and stop it makes the whole previous battle stupid.

How many times these characters lose for being so damn dumb?

longdi

Banned
Nep ia hype. Toppo finally doing something. Gohan up against the 2 freeza. I wonder if Frost betraying Freeza is a work? Freeza send to the stands, then he can sneak up on Zeno.

So far there ain't any strong antagonist in this arc.

Kevinroc

We see that Beerus is worried about everyone, but Champa is only concerned with Beerus. Champa's obsession with wanting to beat Beerus will be his downfall.

HeroR

Chalk it up to the usual plot holes in DB, but Vegeta suddenly being able to shoot the thing on the robot ear and stop it makes the whole previous battle stupid.

How many times these characters lose for being so damn dumb?

Characters doing something stupid isn't a plot hole. And Vegeta didn't do it before because he was trying to fight somewhat fairly while after being sealed he was pissed.

Did toriyama design Jiren?

Starting to think no, considering there hasn't been a Toriyama sketch of him yet. Not confirmed yet though.

The way Toyotaro draws him is completely different from the anime design, and the anime design doesn't really look like typical Yamamuro.
u11_jiren.png

Generally when a Yamamuro design doesn't look very Yamamuro it's because he's copying Toriyama (or Toyotaro) very closely, so I'd guess Jiren is a Toriyama design.

Characters doing something stupid isn't a plot hole. And Vegeta didn't do it before because he was trying to fight somewhat fairly while after being sealed he was pissed.

You're right its bad writing not a plot hole. And I see your point but still think its just bad writing.

Initially Vegeta was going to insult him to win. The only reason he didnt was cause the robot used the thing to plug its ears.

So he could have destroyed the thing at the time and won. But, you know, bad writing.

You're right its bad writing not a plot hole. And I see your point but still think its just bad writing.

Initially Vegeta was going to insult him to win. The only reason he didnt was cause the robot used the thing to plug its ears.

So he could have destroyed the thing at the time and won. But, you know, bad writing.

Magetta's guard was down when he broke the ear plug because he was scared shitless, if Vegeta had tried to go for the ear plugs before then he might have been stopped.

Kevinroc

Magetta's guard was down when he broke the ear plug because he was scared shitless, if Vegeta had tried to go for the ear plugs before then he might have been stopped.

If Team Four Star ever does DBS abridged, the meme will be "don't let your guard down" (character proceeds to let their guard down and get their ass kicked.)

I feel like this is you coming up for a reason post-fact instead of what the writer intended, but alright. Why discuss further somehting so small? :)

I hope at least Goku's transformation into a new form will be well done.

Real Hero

this just nitpicking, it was obviously easier to hit them off when he was stood still thinking 'oh shit blue'. There's really no bad writing in that moment.

Karsha

How did piccolo study it?

Piccolo has the same memories as his father so he knew about the mafuba and how was done, spent his entire life creating a method to counter it.

I dont think Frost learned to reverse Mafuba specifically, but rather has a general reflect ability he used on Mafuba.

Might be but its kinda weird that he knew exactly how it was going to work and reflected + controlled it that easy, kinda bothered me since its not a normal move or a random ki blast

NEO0MJ

Might be but its kinda weird that he knew exactly how it was going to work and reflected + controlled it that easy, kinda bothered me since its not a normal move or a random ki blast

Frost got a tingling feeling in his chest. I call it chest whirls.

Eylos

Banned
the Full humans
roshi got 2 badass episodes (maybe 1 Full?)
Tien got half of a horrible episode
Krilin got a cool half episode

Who would Guess

I love the way Vegeta doesn't drop his guard. Even though he wasn't looking, he was fully aware of what was happening around him and was ready for it.

Kyzer

Banned
I wonder if Goku or Vegeta will become GoDs once they reach that level...you know Vegeta will attain a new form too after Goku. Gokus personality would make an interesting God of Destruction and it would make the Hakai bs in the manga slightly less stupid in hindsight

I love how vindictive the magical girl is against goku when her two companions getting disqualified is entirely on them being cocky assholes who picked the wrong fights.

I also expect that u7 is going to win solely on goku and like 2 more guys staying in the battle while the other universes maybe only have 2 left.

Protome

I love the way Vegeta doesn't drop his guard. Even though he wasn't looking, he was fully aware of what was happening around him and was ready for it.

I find it funny that even with that scene people are saying things like...

Yeah, Roshi and Vegeta's interactions were great, Vegeta even seemed to care about Roshi's wellbeing.

Definitely a different Vegeta than the early DBZ one haha

That scene implied Vegeta was completely aware of what was going on down there and was perfectly happy to sit and let Frost murder/eliminate Master Roshi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom