• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

109's preview says
Goku is still fighting Ribrianne and Gohan is having a tough fight. I wonder if that's an error? Or is Goku vs. Ribrianne going to extend to more than one episode... etc.
It Will be going till the special when Jiren decides to actual fight

Morlas

maybe one of the u4 invisible fighters takes Jiren by surprise and knocks him out when his fight with goku is about to conclude

Daingurse

Don't get the complaints about Jiren needing a personality. He just needs to do one thing.

Meh, let them hate. I'm enjoying having an absurdly strong character who is essentially indifferent to all the chaos around him. All I need is for him to put Goku in his place, and I will be more than satisfied.

I don't need Jiren to say a fucking word really. That was one of the cool things about the SSJ2 Gohan vs Cell fight. Gohan didn't really have a fucking thing to say to Cell. He was just wearing that frown and icy glare 24/7 lol. Jiren is a character who exudes a lot of presence while doing the bare minimum, or nothing at all. The character is working for me!

It also really helps that the dude is swole as fuck haha. Jiren is built like a goddamn refrigerator. I love the Superman physique.

I don't think U4's invisible fighters will be anything other than the focus of a gimmick episode just before U4 gets erased.

Looks can be deceiving but any cool speculation about them died for me when I saw that they're just ugly palette-swapped bug things.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe it's because this is a series that's had compelling villains in the past (Frieza - sadistic, Cell -
creepy to eccentric, and so on) who've simultaneously managed to push Goku and co. to their limits instead just frowning really hard?

I think it's time for you to realize that Goku has become the villain here.

caliph95

I don't think U4's invisible fighters will be anything other than the focus of a gimmick episode just before U4 gets erased.

Looks can be deceiving but any cool speculation about them died for me when I saw that they're just ugly palette-swapped bug things.
So the usual like most of the fighters

Skeeter49

Wonder who
Gohan is still fighting then.

Wouldn't
it still be Frieza?
Even if Frost betrays him, I doubt this is it for Frieza and even if he wants to join back with U7, I would think Gohan wouldn't allow it.

Next week will probably end with Frieza going True Golden to keep Frost in line, and to fight against Gohan with.

Wouldn't
it still be Frieza?
Even if Frost betrays him, I doubt this is it for Frieza and even if he wants to join back with U7, I would think Gohan wouldn't allow it.

Next week will probably end with Frieza going True Golden to keep Frost in line, and to fight against Gohan with.
Gohan really is gonna die isn't he

Maybe it's because this is a series that's had compelling villains in the past (Frieza - sadistic, Cell -
creepy to eccentric, and so on) who've simultaneously managed to push Goku and co. to their limits instead just frowning really hard?

Last part is a dumb comparison to point out considering Goku hasn't even fought Jiren yet.

In terms of major protagonists, I still think I'd prefer Jiren as is than another habitual shit talker. The only real problem I have with him so far is he feels too much like a rehash of Hit in terms of build up.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Piccolo isn't gonna fight the namekians, freeza is
Namekians beating freeza would be amazing/ironic.
However, Freeza is too big a character to be taken out by characters who haven't even been introduced. Plus, since they weren't in the first tournament we can assume they're weaker than Cabbage,so..

Namekians beating freeza would be amazing/ironic.
However, Freeza is too big a character to be taken out by characters who haven't even been introduced. Plus, since they weren't in the first tournament we can assume they're weaker than Cabbage,so..

Cauliflower and kale weren't in the first tourney either, but both of them have been shown to be stronger than cabbage so far

I have a suspicion that freeza is meant to job in this tourney since they drove the point home that he's equal to ssb goku

But gaf is consistently wrong so I'm probably wrong

Morlas

Cauliflower and kale weren't in the first tourney either, but both of them have been shown to be stronger than cabbage so far

I have a suspicion that freeza is meant to job in this tourney since they drove the point home that he's equal to ssb goku

But gaf is consistently wrong so I'm probably wrong

Champa probably went to the u6 saiyan's patrol office and asked for their strongest fighter or something

Kyzer

Banned
Frost doing something that took Piccolo years to learn at a time when Goku could barely beat Tien in a fight is problematic?

Also, THIS is the caring vegeta yall are talking about?

s5IHv0h.png

Thats the same exact Vegeta hes been for a long time

Morlas

Frost doing something that took Piccolo years to learn at a time when Goku could barely beat Tien in a fight is problematic?

s5IHv0h.png

after the Buu saga Vegeta became the ultimate Tsundere

Champa probably went to the u6 saiyan's patrol office and asked for their strongest fighter or something

I think vados recruited everyone for the u6 tourney

But yeah,she wasn't very thorough lol

s5IHv0h.png

Dude it's a front,he always says that because he doesn't want to say he cares

caliph95

s5IHv0h.png

after the Buu saga Vegeta became the ultimate Tsundere

Yeah, I think it's a front too. Old school Vegeta probably would have let Roshi just die.
Yeah Frost attacked Roshi to draw vegetables out be didn't even knew about the mafuba

Kyzer

Banned
There's a difference between what Vegeta says and what he does though.

He says he doesn't care, but then he helps out anyway.

Yeah Frost attacked Roshi to draw vegetables out be didn't even knew about the mafuba

*Facepalm*

No shit guys, you think Vegeta might secretly be a good guy that just acts tough? Definitely a good hunch based on the latest episode of dragon ball super.

Haha im saying its not new hes been that way for yearssss

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I feel like they did it as a fakeout to all of the people that thought Vegeta was next. Admittedly, I didn't believe the theory but they fooled me too. That would have been one of the most upsetting ring outs due to Mafuba's apparent unlimited power.
The only time I've been faked out so far has been when frieza got hit with that hakai energy. I was absolutely convinced he was gone for good there.

Slaythe

It's kind of exciting not knowing what happens, not gonna lie.

I just hope the special has a bit for everyone left and not just Goku and Jiren.

There's gonna be 45 min of content.

I'd like 20 min for everyone and 25 for Goku Jiren. That'd be a good ratio with Super's pacing.

Have Piccolo vs the namekians, 17 18 vs the magical girls I guess, Gohan vs Toppo.

Daingurse

*Facepalm*

No shit guys, you think Vegeta might secretly be a good guy that just acts tough? Definitely a good hunch based on the latest episode of dragon ball super.

I think Vegeta is about as good as a guy who used to life-wipe planets can possibly be! He has really come a loooooong way.

Tookay

*Facepalm*

Hey, I'm not the one who tried to call out people for being wrong and then being completely misinterpreted by five other posters! Maybe it's on the way you initially worded it?

Yes, Vegeta has shown indirectly that he cares for a while now. But it's the degree to which he shows respect that is different than before. When viewed across his arc, it's more "caring" than how he started. You made up a strawman.

Lamel

Banned
Cool episode. Vegeta showing respect to Roshi at the end was a nice interaction.

"Leave the rest to me."

Also frost remains fuckboy supreme.

caliph95

I think vados recruited everyone for the u6 tourney

But yeah,she wasn't very thorough lol

Dude it's a front,he always says that because he doesn't want to say he cares
Vados doesn't really care or works hard, as far as she's concerned she lives to troll champagne

When she cried before she's not sad to lose a friend she's sad she doesn't get to troll him anymore

I think Vegeta is about as good as a guy who used to life-wipe planets can possibly be! He has really come a loooooong way.
Did they ever revive the Namekian village and that truck driver Vegeta killed?
It's kind of exciting not knowing what happens, not gonna lie.

I just hope the special has a bit for everyone left and not just Goku and Jiren.

There's gonna be 45 min of content.

I'd like 20 min for everyone and 25 for Goku Jiren. That'd be a good ratio with Super's pacing.

Have Piccolo vs the namekians, 17 18 vs the magical girls I guess, Gohan vs Toppo.
Hopefully

The androids vs the U3 robots could be cool too

I'm catching up on the dub, yet another error I noticed in Funi's translation, Zuno and Bulma refer to the Super Dragon as Zalama, but that's not right. Zalama is the creator of the balls, not the actual dragon of the balls.

Kyzer

Banned
Hey, I'm not the one who tried to call out people for being wrong and then being completely misinterpreted by five other posters! Maybe it's on you?

Yes, Vegeta has shown indirectly that he cares for a while now. But it's the degree to which he shows respect is different than before.

Maybe...

I think the fact that Vegeta is secretly a hero type now goes without saying, and has been that way since way back in post-frieza dbz.

He didnt do much in this episode to be especially caring, in fact he was sitting there letting roshi get his ass beat until he was baited into the fight

Also lol@goku running to save roshis life and telling ribrianne to move the fuck and then end up having not helped at all and is smiling about to fight ribrianne at the end

Red Devil

Well so the ending theory was disproven I guess.

How the hell did Frost know the way to reverse mafuba? Piccolo studied that technique for years to come up with a way to counter it lol

Could have he like learned it with a special technique or something, like in that scene he's aiming at his forehead after the first Mafuba failed?

I will fight for the right to call Magetta stronger than Cabba.

Wasn't Magetta trading blows with Toppo in 97.
Supporting evidence Magetta is stronger.

Not sure how the U6 saiyans compare to Frost(I guess they're stronger?), but Magetta is definitely stronger than Frost.

My guess is that Frost betrays Freeza, Freeza then beats the shit out of Frost with Golden.

I think we'll see something among the lines of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom