• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

Really liked this episode.

I wonder why would Cabba would be fighting Toppo? I'm guessing maybe it's Toppo going after him for Universe 6 eliminating most of the Pride Troopers? I wonder if Kale will eliminate him, he did seem shook about the power of her voice in that episode..

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Goku had to go Kaioken+SSB to beat him, no? I don't think Golden Frieza is that strong

Yea, Gohan was pretty even with ssb Goku. Golden Freeza is dead even with ssb Goku. Therefore Gohan should be on that level.

It took Goku going ssb + KK to KO Gohan in the same way he did Golden Freeza. And even then he wasn't totally out like Freeza was.

move

4bf06ad0e3b2a34f6c5e54c608c1394d811a23d6_hq.jpg

Goku had to go Kaioken+SSB to beat him, no? I don't think Golden Frieza is that strong

You aren't remembering the episode correctly.

Goku didn't need to beat him with Kaioken SSB. He was specifically asked Gohan to go full power on him at the end. Most of the battle was Goku in his SSJ2 form fighting against Gohan's Ultimate form, and Goku was holding his own.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
All three of these sentences are wrong.

In what way? Goku and Freeza had a double KO. They're practically dead even, you can't argue with that. Gohan held his own against Blue OK and got KOed by Blue+KK. Or are we pretending he's only ssj2 level?

You aren't remembering the episode correctly.

Goku didn't need to beat him with Kaioken SSB. He was specifically asked Gohan to go full power on him at the end. Most of the battle was Goku in his SSJ2 form fighting against Gohan's Ultimate form, and Goku was holding his own.

Goku barely dealt any damage in that fight until he went Blue and had to spam IT to make up the speed gap while ssj2.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
in that "theory" Gohan, Geets, Gok, and Frieza are the final 4, the most obvious final 4 imaginable, wouldn't be a shock.
Nah. The theory is even more convenient than that. It doesn't say when the Saiyans will get knocked off. I think the theory just says that the knockout order will be:

Killin
Tien
Roshi
Piccolo
Freeza

With the Saiyans falling out at who knows when.

Durden77

GF was able to control the GoD energy. Goku could not.

Yeah you can say "Goku was holding back/somehow knew Beerus would come/is just a complete idiot like he is a lot in Super"....but when your actual raw existence is on the line, you'd think you'd give it your all even if you are Goku.

Golden Frieza seems like he could be even a little bit above Goku in raw power.

In what way? Goku and Freeza had a double KO. They're practically dead even, you can't argue with that. Gohan held his own against Blue OK and got KOed by Blue+KK. Or are we pretending he's only ssj2 level?

Goku barely dealt any damage in that fight until he went Blue and had to spam IT to make up the speed gap while ssj2.
Goku wasn't damaged in his SSJ2 form either. The fact that SSJ2 Goku held up for that long shows the gap between them isn't that large to begin with.

I don't see how getting two punches on Blue qualifies as "holding his own" or suggests he's stronger than Freeza.

Considering Freeza was stomping the form way back in ROF before the stamina issues kicked in.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Goku wasn't damaged in his SSJ2 form either. The fact that SSJ2 Goku held up for that long shows the gap between them isn't that large to begin with.

I don't see how getting two punches on Blue qualifies as "holding his own" or suggests he's stronger than Freeza.

From what we've been shown he's somewhere around that Blue/Golden Freeza level, is my point.

Blue Goku and Golden Freeza are dead even now. Even Beerus said so. They had that simultaneous KO.

From what we've been shown he's somewhere around that Blue/Golden Freeza level, is my point.

Blue Goku and Golden Freeza are dead even now. Even Beerus said so. They had that simultaneous KO.
I was mostly arguing with the statement "That Goku had to go Kaioken+SSB to defeat Gohan" when I started that first post.

I'd still be reluctant to put Gohan on Blue's level when Goku was only in that form for a fraction of a second before using Kaioken and KOing Gohan. Especially when he used SSJ2 for a majority of that fight.

longdi

Banned
Gohan, even in his UF, is below future Trunks.

Goku > GFreeza/Vegeta > Future Trunks > Gohan > Buu > rest.

Gohan managed to get tricked KO by Trillin and Piccolo even.

CazTGG

Roshi would have been actively in the way in the state that he was in if he stayed on the field. While there was some respect there, the desicion wasn't about that. Roshi had done everything he possibly could have done at that point, him dropping out was the smartest desicion.

Frost had no problem hiding from fights up to this point, there's no reason to think a veteran like Roshi couldn't use a strategy like that with the tournament ring being in as bad a shape as it's curently in, especially when we see him doing just that early on in the episode.

Durden77

Frost had no problem hiding from fights up to this point, there's no reason to think a veteran like Roshi couldn't use a strategy like that with the tournament ring being in as bad a shape as it's curently in, especially when we see him doing just that early on in the episode.

Roshi = And old, old, OLD ass human who has managed to surpass his limits but has a constant stuggle in doing so, to the point to pushing himself within an inch of his life.

Frost = A member of an naturally all-powerful fighting race that has not even been injured in the entirety of the tournament. He was hiding because he chose to.

Yeah, not really comparable.

dickroach

Master Roshi has been redeemed so hardcore from this arc. I hope they don't bring him back to the perverted Dragon Ball old man again.

no way they bring that character back there after this arc.
I think they're gonna throw him in a Korin role. not literally up in that tower, but just kind of an adviser to the fighters
I guess that's kind of where he already was, but he'll be more... sage-like, and less... Roshi-like

longdi

Banned
Shin remains the most worthless Kaio again. So sad, he was so cool when he first appeared in Buu arc.

Actually Beerus also losing his coolness these days, why the hell he got all flustered with the 2 invisible fighters?

Whats with badass people meeting Goku and turning goofy

HeroR

GF was able to control the GoD energy. Goku could not.

Yeah you can say "Goku was holding back/somehow knew Beerus would come/is just a complete idiot like he is a lot in Super"....but when your actual raw existence is on the line, you'd think you'd give it your all even if you are Goku.

Golden Frieza seems like he could be even a little bit above Goku in raw power.

Goku was in his base form, so Golden Frieza above base form Goku, news at 11.

daveo42

Banned
Man, that was mostly a boring episode with just the slight upside of being setup for better fights.

I'm expecting Piccolo and Gohan to bounce next episode to the superior F tag team.

CryptiK

Gohan, even in his UF, is below future Trunks.

Goku > GFreeza/Vegeta > Future Trunks > Gohan > Buu > rest.

Gohan managed to get tricked KO by Trillin and Piccolo even.
Every single person could get tricked KO'd by those two. Goku was on the verge of a ring out against Krillin, Gohan let his guard down against Piccolo, remember when Goku was shot by a laser because his guard was down?

Was the Krillin Gohan fight before or after Piccolo training and Ultimate unlock? Was before right? So thats irrelevant anyway.

CazTGG

Here's what I imagine is going to happen at the end of the next episode: Frieza will job to Jiren at the very end in his golden form (he'll likely go gold after realizing that Gohan isn't as weak as he was during the Earth invasion and/or Frost backstabs Frieza, the latter of which will set Frieza off), thus setting up Goku to take on Jiren in the two-parter before he eliminates any more of U7's best fighters since if Frieza went down so easy, what could the androids or Piccolo do to stop him from ringing them out with the flick of their wrist? Also something something too excited now, something something limit breaker, something something he'll say maybe one more word and be indistinguishable from a brick aside from how a brick has more depth to it than Jiren.

Loved it when Vegeta came out of the jar just furious and going blue directly although he just use base and ssj1 beforehand.

Then he shoots of Magetta and just curses at him.

Plus he even acted nice around Roshi, that's development

So..

does Jiren's power multiply every time he says a word?

Now I kinda want him to go on a full essay-form exposition and snuff out Zeno BY THE POWER OF WORDS

I'm thinking he's buffed up somehow, just before that punch his eyes looked as if they had a vortex in them (?), which I'm thinking is his 'mystery' in the end: that he can't actually do much without losing control over something he took in before. He seems far too passive for all the power he's supposed to possess.

I expect him to deflate rather quickly to more in the neighborhood of Goku once he needs to get actively involved. So far, he hasn't touched anyone or anything in person, which seems important.

Cool episode.

Nice to see commentary from other Universes again (cept U2).

My boy Maji Kayo tried. You'll be remembered, man!

Wow, this was like the first time I supported U6. Frost reversing the Mafuba onto Vegeta and working along with Magetta was pretty hype. But like I expected they didn't have the guts to knock Vegeta out so early (on top of that, they gave him another kill), and instead it's the three humans that are the first out....

Looking forward to watching some Gohan action and Toppo wrecking Cabba next week

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Every single person could get tricked KO'd by those two. Goku was on the verge of a ring out against Krillin, Gohan let his guard down against Piccolo, remember when Goku was shot by a laser because his guard was down?

Was the Krillin Gohan fight before or after Piccolo training and Ultimate unlock? Was before right? So thats irrelevant anyway.
Before.

Sony

Nintendo
Shin remains the most worthless Kaio again. So sad, he was so cool when he first appeared in Buu arc.

Actually Beerus also losing his coolness these days, why the hell he got all flustered with the 2 invisible fighters?

Whats with badass people meeting Goku and turning goofy

U7 gets outsmarted by people in plain sight. Imagine Beerus' fear when there are hidden fighters.

longdi

Banned
Loved it when Vegeta came out of the jar just furious and going blue directly although he just use base and ssj1 beforehand.

Then he shoots of Magetta and just curses at him.

Plus he even acted nice around Roshi, that's development

I never was a fan of Vegeta, but since Super, im rooting for him, was so afraid he was going to KO today!

Vegeta is like the jobbing heel turned face everyone loves now!

Daemul

Nah. The theory is even more convenient than that. It doesn't say when the Saiyans will get knocked off. I think the theory just says that the knockout order will be:

Killin
Tien
Roshi
Piccolo
Freeza

With the Saiyans falling out at who knows when.

The OP theory was disproven a long while back. Picocolo is the one holding the two star dragonball, not Tien.

Skeeter49

What if Roshi used the Super Dragon Ball's before the tournament to switch bodies with Vegeta, so really it was Vegeta in Roshi's body knocked out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom