• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've missed this tournament. Last week dragged like hell.

Finally Jiren does something! About time he gets to hype himself.
Goku doesn't let his guard down this week! I was expecting a blindside and it never came.
I guess Roshi taking himself out makes sense. In his condition, he'd only be a liability. Least he had a couple shining moments, unlike Tien.
And hey! Some Vegeta and Roshi interaction! That was nice.

Good episode.

Beth Cyra

Caulifla confirmed number 2 fighter on u6 team?
If that is the case then Kale seems to be the one who has the highest potential out of all U6 if her equal is indeed Gohan as Caul is Vegeta in those posters.

Really need to see oh Kale and Caul explored more dang it.

U3 is doing better than I thought they were
heck yeah
Y3QS3jQ.png

Nia

It was nice to see Vegeta and Roshi working together. Roshi did good. I hope Frieza knocks Frost out. Certainly he would understand that Frost is not be trusted, since they are kindred spirits.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I liked Vegeta caring about Roshi, even enough to where he was concerned about Roshi dying, but I think they could have played it a little better.

Vegeta's getting boring with his "I don't care about my team" attitude.

Great episode, biggest issues were Vegeta's characterization, and too much focus on the recap of who is in.

Will Vegeta show up and save a wild Cabba?
Problem is his characterization isn't consistent between writers. You've got some who insist on keeping Cell arc Vegeta around and that's the boring part.

I think its fair to say Roshi got the biggest exponential power up in this series...

If you take into account that measly power level of 139 that's been touted around back in the day

True. But I'm glad to see he wasn't on par with Frost. That would've been silly.
But then again, Roshi was quite tired.

Slaythe

I think its fair to say Roshi got the biggest exponential power up in this series...

If you take into account that measly power level of 139 that's been touted around back in the day

To be faiiiiir he wasn't in buff mode when Bulma used the scouter.

Gohan's power was like 3 or something.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see 17 being taken out any time soon unless the writers deem it so. They have written him to be way too smart to fall for trickery and way too smart to act cocky. He doesn't risk his life for anyone, not even 18. Right now, he is considered smarter than Gohan. He is also immensely strong, fast and has infinite stamina. If anything, he should be part of the final 10 fighters or maybe even final 5. The only logical way he outs is if Jiren somehow decides "F this guy" and goes to knock him out, because 17 is smart enough not to provoke him. Then again this is Super and if the writers want to dumb him down to lose, they will.

I'm not a 17 fan, I'm stating what should logically happen from what I've seen in the past 20+ episodes with how they have written him. DBS seems to defy logic at times though.

Also as of now, I consider Rage Trunks to be more powerful than Ultimate Gohan due to actual life and death fighting that was happening. I don't consider Goku Blue sparring(key word) with Gohan to be in the same league. When Gohan faces Golden Frieza or Toppo then we will actually see where he actually stands. Remember, Goku went blue against Krillin. It's somewhat for show and intimidation.

Real Hero

18 or piccolo will be next out for sure. As much as i enjoyed this episode it was a bit like them saying 'wouldn't it be crazy if knocked one of the more powerful characters right now??' But not having the guts to do it

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
18 or piccolo will be next out for sure. As much as i enjoyed this episode it was a bit like them saying 'wouldn't it be crazy if knocked one of the more powerful characters right now??' But not having the guts to do it

I feel like they did it as a fakeout to all of the people that thought Vegeta was next. Admittedly, I didn't believe the theory but they fooled me too. That would have been one of the most upsetting ring outs due to Mafuba's apparent unlimited power.

Real Hero

I feel like they did it as a fakeout to all of the people that thought Vegeta was next. Admittedly, I didn't believe the theory but they fooled me too. That would have been one of the most upsetting ring outs due to Mafuba's apparent unlimited power.

I agree they did but I also thing it would have been better if vegeta did get ringed out.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I agree they did but I also thing it would have been better if vegeta did get ringed out.

It's fine if Vegeta is ringed out, but I'd rather he be ringed out by being overwhelmed from multiple fighters or Jiren.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ahaha, yeah that's exactly what happened. Would have been fun to see them follow through with it but they're still playing it somewhat safe by taking out the three weakest guys first. Same goes for U6 too I guess.

Skeeter49

Ahaha, yeah that's exactly what happened. Would have been fun to see them follow through with it but they're still playing it somewhat safe by taking out the three weakest guys first. Same goes for U6 too I guess.

I will fight for the right to call Magetta stronger than Cabba.

Hmm...

Yeah.
Wasn't Magetta trading blows with Toppo in 97.
Supporting evidence Magetta is stronger.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if mafuba would work on the gods or even angels, if they get hit from it.
I mean, it even works on insanely strong people like Vegeta.

Depending on what you considered Zamasu to be, it worked on him too.

LiamExe

Man, look how clean and pristine the arena used to be. It's like a post apocalyptic wasteland now with all the rubble. So much for being made from super tough material!

Though, I'm not complaining, since it's actually pretty cool how the place has been dynamically shifting in appearance the longer the fights go on, creating little hiding spots and secluded areas to better segment the battles.

CazTGG

Don't get the complaints about Jiren needing a personality. He just needs to do one thing.

Maybe it's because this is a series that's had compelling villains in the past (Frieza - sadistic, Cell -
creepy to eccentric, and so on) who've simultaneously managed to push Goku and co. to their limits instead just frowning really hard?

Real Hero

Maybe it's because this is a series that's had compelling villains in the past (Frieza - sadistic, Cell -
creepy to eccentric, and so on) who've simultaneously managed to push Goku and co. to their limits instead just frowning really hard?

He's not a villain

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
109's preview says
Goku is still fighting Ribrianne and Gohan is having a tough fight. I wonder if that's an error? Or is Goku vs. Ribrianne going to extend to more than one episode... etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom