• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daingurse

I will fight for the right to call Magetta stronger than Cabba.

Wasn't Magetta trading blows with Toppo in 97.
Supporting evidence Magetta is stronger.

Has Magetta even shown his full strength? He's been taken out exclusively with insults. Dude almost seems indestructible.

HardRojo

I like the fact that the Mafuba consistenly manages to scare the fuck out of anyone who goes through it, they all come out of it completely shook, it doesn't matter who they are.

Our plan will soon be unleashed!
giphy.gif

Has Magetta even shown his full strength? He's been taken out exclusively with insults. Dude almost seems indestructible.

I don't think they want to show(or rather they themselves haven't decided) what the upper limit of his durability is, they've never let Geets use Blue on him

Morlas

I'm catching up on the dub, yet another error I noticed in Funi's translation, Zuno and Bulma refer to the Super Dragon as Zalama, but that's not right. Zalama is the creator of the balls, not the actual dragon of the balls.

If i remember correctly didn't they describe how he created the balls in the dub? i don't remember them actually referring to him as the dragon when i watched it on toonami

Magetta is a beast. I wanna see him in an all out battle without any ring out stipulations. Same goes for Botamo. Crazy to think how Magetta would have wrecked everyone with ease during the Buu Saga.

Morlas

It looks like the dub had Vegeta refer to him as "Goku" during the Goku vs. Frost fight.

Oooppss...

Yeah they slip that in occasionally for some reason, enough that i think it isn't a mistake, but a deliberate choice to make it seem like it's Vegeta slipping and not them.

BasilZero

I'm glad Vegeta still in the tourney.

Master Roshi still GOAT till the end.

Also its amazing how the Evil containment wave/mafuba is being showcased a lot in Super!

HardRojo

I'm glad Vegeta still in the tourney.

Master Roshi still GOAT till the end.

It seems like pretty much everyone enjoyed Master Roshi in the last episode, been reading comments from several places and yes, people agree Roshi is the MVP and has earned a lot of respect.

trejo

It seems like pretty much everyone enjoyed Master Roshi in the last episode, been reading comments from several places and yes, people agree Roshi is the MVP and has earned a lot of respect.

Now watch all that good will go down the drain once he inevitably goes back to his pervy ways.

Frost doing something that took Piccolo years to learn at a time when Goku could barely beat Tien in a fight is problematic?

Also, THIS is the caring vegeta yall are talking about?

s5IHv0h.png

Thats the same exact Vegeta hes been for a long time

When Roshi went to use the Mafuba a third time;
Then at the end;
And he said this in a calm, soft voice, completely different from how he usually talks. Vegeta didn't even care that Roshi inadvertently got him Mafuba'd, he just told him he needed to eat a senzu before he died.

Morlas

Then at the end;

And he said this in a calm, soft voice. Vegeta didn't even care that Roshi inadvertently got him Mafuba'd, he just told him he needed to eat a senzu before he died.

yeah Vegeta's the type to tell you you're an idiot for doing something stupid and saying "go get some rest idiot!" than the type to be nice about it

Kyzer

Banned

Then at the end;

And he said this in a calm, soft voice. Vegeta didn't even care that Roshi inadvertently got him Mafuba'd, he just told him he needed to eat a senzu before he died.

He was pretty dry about it. I was expecting to see Vegeta ask Roshi if he was okay or scream his name and rescue him from the caring vegeta comments."Dont get the wrong idea i only came because that guy pisses me off" and "This is where you retire old man. Make sure you dont die." is pretty classic Vegeta to me idk. He was always caring behind a thinly veiled badass attitude . I guess it is interesting to see him kinda care about roshi dying but thats still not really the most caring thing? Maybe its my fault for expecting something different

He was pretty dry about it. I was expecting to see Vegeta ask Roshi if he was okay or scream his name and rescue him from the caring vegeta comments."Dont get the wrong idea i only came because that guy pisses me off" and "This is where you retire old man. Make sure you dont die." is pretty classic Vegeta to me idk. He was always caring behind a thinly veiled badass attitude . I guess it is interesting to see him kinda care about roshi dying but thats still not really the most caring thing? Maybe its my fault for expecting something different

I mean yeah, that's what people here are talking about. As opposed to the "How worthless that you were eliminated, I'll handle them all myself!" Vegeta.

Nephtis

So Mafuba can be used on anyone now? I thought it only worked on evil spirits. I also thought that only the user could control it, unlike what Frost did?

So Mafuba can be used on anyone now? I thought it only worked on evil spirits. I also thought that only the user could control it, unlike what Frost did?
It's always been able to be used by anyone. Roshi learned to use it after seeing Mutaito using it once. Tien did too. Piccolo even countered it to seal Kami himself.

So it's not like anything that happened this episode was new at all.

Mory Dunz

glad this episode was good.

That's how tournament episodes should be in general. Various things and storylines and characters interacting in each episode. This ep had like 3-4 layers going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom