• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mory Dunz

More layers than half of the tournament

And everyone looked competent. If they'd showed this side of blue guy before, I'd be like, "okay, I get how he could hold up Goku".

Things that like. And they also set up future scenarios between universes. That's how it's supposed to be done.you'd think.

Kyzer

Banned
When Goku sensed Jirens punch he did that oh shit im getting stabbed and dying final breaths link poisoned in zelda games sound that I havent heard him make in a while (other than when getting gut punched). He was in awe of his power

Tookay

And everyone looked competent. If they'd showed this side of blue guy before, I'd be like, "okay, I get how he could hold up Goku".

Things that like. And they also set up future scenarios between universes. That's how it's supposed to be done.you'd think.
Yeah it was better written than "let's throw boulders at this guy" from the last episode, that's for damn sure.

bachikarn

It's always been able to be used by anyone. Roshi learned to use it after seeing Mutaito using it once. Tien did too. Piccolo even countered it to seal Kami himself.

So it's not like anything that happened this episode was new at all.

It does feel like to me that it should only work if you are some what similar in power level. Otherwise it is ridiculously OP.

LaNaranja

Loved Roshi in this episode.
giphy.gif

Roshi going buff is never not hype.

I hope Freeza and Piccolo are the next two that get knocked out so that the U7 stands can be filled with bald people.

NeonZ

The problem with Frost vs. Frieza us Frost doesn't even compare to base Frieza let alone Golden.

Frost was stronger than base Freeza back in the U6 tournament. He could keep up with Base Goku even before using his real form, while Freeza couldn't do it in his real form. What put Freeza over him was the Golden form.

kewlmyc

Kitty wants sweet revenge for tbat humilliation

>Big Brother uses his super wish to wish U6's Earth back for his little bro

"Damn him, I'm going to make sure his universe gets erased. How dare he humiliate me like that."

Champa doesn't deserve a brother like Beerus.

Hey Arched can I get some context on the staff responsible for this last episode?

Animation Supervisors

Paul Ano-nuevo
Eugene Ayson
Osamu Ishikawa

Key Animators
Osamu Ishikawa
Tu Yong-ce
Masashi Yamada
Yasuhiko Ooyama
Shuntaro Mura
Nobuhiro Masuda
Norio Kanekubo
Sadatoshi Matsuzaka
Takashi Hirabayashi
Hitomi Sasaki
Toei Phils

Second Key Animators
Kouhei Kajiwara
Tomoko Sato
Miyuki Yokoyama
A-Line

Director
Ryota Nakamura

Storyboard
Tatsuya Nagamine

Script
Yoshitaka Toshio

A fair amount of the animators were new to Super, Nakamura and Nagamine are the series directors, though Megumi Ishitani (director/storyboarder of EDs 5 and 7) implied she actually storyboarded the first half and potentially did some directing with the guiding hand of the series directors and she was super thrilled about it. Is there something more specific you want to know?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
It does feel like to me that it should only work if you are some what similar in power level. Otherwise it is ridiculously OP.

Its not OP when it has only a 50-50 success rate, can be easily reflected, and draws out a significant amount of energy from the user.

Animation Supervisors

Paul Ano-nuevo
Eugene Ayson
Osamu Ishikawa

Key Animators
Osamu Ishikawa
Tu Yong-ce
Masashi Yamada
Yasuhiko Ooyama
Shuntaro Mura
Nobuhiro Masuda
Norio Kanekubo
Sadatoshi Matsuzaka
Takashi Hirabayashi
Hitomi Sasaki
Toei Phils

Second Key Animators
Kouhei Kajiwara
Tomoko Sato
Miyuki Yokoyama
A-Line

Director
Ryota Nakamura

Storyboard
Tatsuya Nagamine

Script
Yoshitaka Toshio

A fair amount of the animators were new to Super, Nakamura and Nagamine are the series directors, though Megumi Ishitani (director/storyboarder of EDs 5 and 7) implied she actually storyboarded the first half and potentially did some directing with the guiding hand of the series directors and she was super thrilled about it. Is there something more specific you want to know?

I just need to know who to praise... But these are so many names. People are always singling out Shida and Tate but idk man, episodes like this are my shit.

Do you think these new animators are likely to stick around for DBS?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I really think one of the big three needs to go if they want us to take the stakes of this tournament seriously. Goku, Vegeta, or Frieza.

You have 17 also, who is hinted at being on par with Blue. Except he has infinite energy.

The biggest issue right now is, they literally have no one out there power wise to match up to those 4 except Toppo, Jiren, and Hit. And we already know how powerful Toppo and Hit are. So it just seems so heavily stacked in favor of Universe 7. And everything is resting on how powerful Jiren is.

Which is going be disappointing if they just have him go ham and take out half the cast. They should have simply made some other universes stronger like II. Where their leader, doesn't even feel like they are on par with U7 standard level.

caliph95

You have 17 also, who is hinted at being on par with Blue. Except he has infinite energy.

The biggest issue right now is, they literally have no one out there power wise to match up to those 4 except Toppo, Jiren, and Hit. And we already know how powerful Toppo and Hit are. So it just seems so heavily stacked in favor of Universe 7. And everything is resting on how powerful Jiren is.

Which is going be disappointing if they just have him go ham and take out half the cast. They should have simply made some other universes stronger like II. Where their leader, doesn't even feel like they are on par with U7 standard level.
They had several chancrs with making other universes having their top fighters be powerful but most of them turned out to be a bunch of chumps and they don't even give weaker fighters to remedy that besides Roshi who besides the frost episode was going through fighters and only really trouble with Ganos for a minute

So 11 is all that is out there besides Hit and Broly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom