• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mory Dunz

trunks should look older than he did when he was 17.

He's a lot older than gohan guys.
Instead he looks like he could be his nephew.

It's weird cause DBZ originally handled their aging well. Mainly Gohan and Trunks post time chamber. Just enough differences to make sense.

I'd imagine it might be hard to maintain muscle mass when you're eating, maybe, half a can of cat food a day.

Rapunzel Trunks does it with ease.
b583242ed8aafd50be41b5b7147200be--hair-inspo-trunks-dbz.jpg
Is this a botched fusion with Edward Elric?

37 minutes until the tournament ends. So another 120 episodes?

It is so lame that there is real villain in this story arc. There is no real danger for our heroes...it all feels so tame.

Mark1

It is so lame that there is real villain in this story arc. There is no real danger for our heroes...it all feels so tame.
This arc feels like they're setting up for further arcs, especially with
the Grand Priest and the angels

Not sure what you mean by lack of danger here though. Unlike the U6 vs U7 arc compete erasure and death wasn't even discussed.

RocknRola

I'd give it 10 or so episodes in order to feature some "better fights" before something happens than changes things up for good.

Ataxia

Can you imagine if we were stuck in this arc for another two years lmao

I think we'll get to a point soon where things will speed up a little. No way they can keep this snail's pace. People are gonna lose interest... Hell, I'm starting to myself.

I wanna see some serious fighting from everyone already. Goku and Jiran. Gohan and Toppo. Vegeta and whatever. Frieza has been super low key too for some reason

Can you imagine if we were stuck in this arc for another two years lmao

I think we'll get to a point soon where things will speed up a little. No way they can keep this snail's pace. People are gonna lose interest... Hell, I'm starting to myself.

I wanna see some serious fighting from everyone already. Goku and Jiran. Gohan and Toppo. Vegeta and whatever. Frieza has been super low key too for some reason

Of course Frieza has been lowkey, just 9 minutes have passed in a 48 minutes tournament. You know how many freeza minutes 48 minutes are? He is glad he is out of call, he wants to make the most time out of it first :p

Sony

Nintendo
The denim jacket/tanktop look really was cheesy, but awesome though.

f1329ee2d7ac816cc498fc51090973d7247e0824_hq.gif

Like.. how did his jacket disintegrate and his tanktop didn't lol
Classic 90's cheese that I fucking love.

Real Hero

There is, being erased is the villain. Thankfully I'm glad super is not rehashing Z's structure

Was it ever discussed the visual difference of trunks ssj1 and 2?

I've never seen a side by side.

I think everything about DBZ was discussed, isnt there like a 2 page text about how Goku and Vegeta have changed their personalities after Potaro fusion (good text by the way, and even makes sense)

J-Rod

I'm not fussing about it, but it seems like most of the kai blasts used to knock off opponents in this tournament shouldn't be leaving people mostly uninjured like it has but rather should be completely disintegrating them. Lavender is weaker than buu, but got hit with a ssb final kamehameha and it had the effect of a strong breeze.

JohnDoe

Banned
I'm not fussing about it, but it seems like most of the kai blasts used to knock off opponents in this tournament shouldn't be leaving people mostly uninjured like it has but rather should be completely disintegrating them. Lavender is weaker than buu, but got hit with a ssb final kamehameha and it had the effect of a strong breeze.
The power levels are all over the place man. I don't even try to understand anymore.

Slaythe

heKNqr.gif

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
They're set to stun.

Meh just assume they're intentionally holding back in power and just using the ki blasts to push opponents away

Fj0823

Maybe...they're just holding back because there's a no kill rule?

But hey, some fans are still convinced Krillin is god level because clearly Goku can only fire Universe Buster Kamehamehas at this point, nothing less, he can't help it.

Blader

The whole point of Super Saiyan Blue is that the user has perfect ki control. So they can control how much energy goes into pushing someone out of the ring vs. obliterating them.

ElyrionX

I was wondering about this as well. It's goddamn fucking ridiculous.

But of course, if we want to start talking about ki blast chracteristics, we need to first discuss why SSJ3 Goku didn't just enlarge his goddamn kamehameha blast when he first fought Buu which would have disintegrated him instead of just punching a hole through his belly.

vypek

Kind of a side thing but I'm watching the Buu saga for the first time since I never had an opportunity to watch it when I was a kid. Enjoying it so far. That Vegeta vs Buu fight seemed like it would be a good end. Sometimes I just want him to have more success cause he often feels like a character that is super strong but still loses when it matters. But he does have some victories anyways I guess.

HeroR

You don't need a villain to build danger or tension. Ever heard of man vs. nature?

The whole point of Super Saiyan Blue is that the user has perfect ki control. So they can control how much energy goes into pushing someone out of the ring vs. obliterating them.

Goku can hold back no matter what form he using. If he didn't, he would blow up a planet with a finger blast. He had sex as Super Saiyan with his wife. But logic here, Goku should have tore her in two.

HeroR

Maybe...they're just holding back because there's a no kill rule?

But hey, some fans are still convinced Krillin is god level because clearly Goku can only fire Universe Buster Kamehamehas at this point, nothing less.

This fanbase is honestly the worse with scaling.

Like, why didn't the Earth blow up when Goku killed Frieza in Resurrection 'F' despite aiming at the planet and only leaving a crater behind? Because a weakened final form Resurrection 'F' Frieza is below planet level obviously. <_<

LordOfChaos

Still in disbelieve that Gohan beat Botamo...

If Botamo never nullified all punch forces applied to him, such that he could be continually punched into a hover...You'd think that someone SSB level could also just clean punch him accross the stage...

Also where was Magetta, the legendary fusion partner.

caliph95

Always been meaning to ask. Is this canon? I always thought it was more of a meta joke between DB fans. You guys know more about DB than me.
No it's not confirmed he probably did but Goten got it from training chi chi and trunks I have no idea can't remember

caliph95

If Botamo never nullified all punch forces applied to him, such that he could be continually punched into a hover...You'd think that someone SSB level could also just clean punch him accross the stage...

Also where was Magetta, the legendary fusion partner.
That's because they never studied difficult subject

Slaythe

No it's not confirmed he probably did but Goten got it from training chi chi and trunks I have no idea can't remember

Always been meaning to ask. Is this canon? I always thought it was more of a meta joke between DB fans. You guys know more about DB than me.

I mean, yes it is, it's stated Goten was conceived during the days right before the Cell games.

Goku was permanently Super Saiyan, even when sleeping.

HeroR

He stood Super Saiyan during the days of rest before the Cell Games. Even if he wasn't, Goku in his base form would have killed Chi-Chi if he couldn't control himself.

I mean, yes it is, it's stated Goten was conceived during the days right before the Cell games.

Goku was permanently Super Saiyan, even when sleeping.

I remember Goku telling Gohan they won't be Super Saiyans when sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom