• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

janoDX

Just realized, idk if someone posted this.

To get into SSG you need 5 other Saiyans to make that ritual around another Saiyan. Remember all Saiyans from U6 are there and Vegeta with Gohan.

Also, next episode is U6 Hit and Goku vs some of the U11 opponents...

Skeeter49

Just realized, idk if someone posted this.

To get into SSG you need 5 other Saiyans to make that ritual around another Saiyan. Remember all Saiyans from U6 are there and Vegeta with Gohan.

Also, next episode is U6 Hit and Goku vs some of the U11 opponents...

Yep, U6 and U7 are uniting forces.
The ritual tires you out to the point you can't fly, unless you're the one getting the powerup. They'll have no energy. It would be a huge blow to U7 if they drained Gohan's and Vegeta's energy.

Any partnership with U6 saiyans go out the window as well.

I think it happens unintentionally. Maybe Sidra's attack is having an effect on him when he tries going SSB.

J-Rod

I believe so, at least in the show. Manga has had both Goku and Vegita use it in the future trunks arc, but I don't recall it ever being used in the anime outside of that one time from the ritual.

In Dragon Ball, you don't disappear when you die unless your soul is destroyed. So to them, there is a different between living a long life and dying vs. living a long life, dying, and then getting erased in a century. In there case, whether they live a long life or a short one, or rather they exist for another 1000 years really doesn't matter since their very existence is blinked out. At least with Goku they have a remote chance of not suffering that fate vs. it's going to happen it's just a matter of when.

Let me put it in another way. If you had the chance to save yourself from an illness, but you have a high risk of dying from it vs. letting the illness take its course and live for another year, which one is more worthwhile to you? This is a personal question that has no right or wrong answer, but most would usually chose the course where they can prolong their life even if failure meant death instead of just sitting back and waiting for the end. This is especially true in Dragon Ball where almost everyone has a warrior's mentality in that they don't believe quietly waiting for the end even if they're promised several more years and will chose to fight even if the odds of succeeded are nonexistence or that they would have lived longer if they didn't resist.

And as you said, you're injecting a personal belief system in a show that has a clear cut way the afterlife works. So personal belief shouldn't be a factor. The people in Dragon Ball, quite frankly, are not thinking 'we're could have existed for 1000 more years or it wasn't for Son Goku'. Everyone agreed that Zen'o was going to wiped them eventually and their ire towards Goku is more petty since he's friend with Zen'o. Only the trio from U9 had any real justified anger and that was mostly Goku's 'I don't give a damn' attitude about everything. Fans being mad at Goku also ignores that the people more at fault here are the gods since the reason why the mortal levels are low because the gods haven't been doing their jobs. So the narrative that 'Goku 'rob' people out of 1000 years' seems really crazy when the narrative should be 'why the hell aren't the gods doing their freaking jobs', especially with Beerus who did nothing when he fellow gods were being slaughtered by Buu and even trapped one of his equals in a sword.

I never said you did. Again, I said reincarnation. I'm not saying death. You keep missing this. But I just looked it up and there's no proof that good guys eventually get reincarnated, just bad guys. (So bad guys would have a reason to be mad at Goku based off of those standards)

This situation isn't directly comparable and I'll tell you why. One is that if you have an illness, you're likely going to be suffering for that next year, but lets say this illness doesn't cause any discomfort, you just die in a year. Well the fact that you're giving me a choice makes it worse, because I'm still living 1 year with the thought that death is for sure coming in that time frame. In the scenario of DBS, these people could have lived 1000+ more years in blissful ignorance without knowing they were going to be erased in such a way, and yes to me that's way better than the other option. The fact that you're when asking me this question and saying there's "no right answer" proves my point. My argument is that hate thrown at Goku would be justified, because anyone who goes by my similar mindset would have a good reason to be mad a Goku.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion. I'm not using my personal beliefs to somehow dictate how the death in DB works. I'm using it to tell you why hate toward Goku could be justified. As for the bolded, obviously they're not thinking that, it's not like they know everything would have been fine in 1000 years because of how Gowasu went forward in time, but anyone who holds disdain for Goku would be completely justified in doing so for reasons mentioned above. As for the last part, you're just unnecessarily moving the goalpost. I'm saying any hate that gets thrown at Goku is justified, and nothing more. You have no idea what is actually going on in every character's mind and you can't say exactly "why characters that hate Goku, hate Goku". Hate for Goku can be justified here. So fans have a real reason to give him crap, and so do characters in the show.

dragon_ball_super__saiyan_rivals__clrs__by_cdubbart-db30uox.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/6tmvfb/insane_dbsuper_art_in_comic_style_by/

Sony

Nintendo
Why would Goku even need to go SSG while Beerus said Goku made the SSG power his own once Goku faught Beerus in base..?

Skeeter49

Why would Goku even need to go SSG while Beerus said Goku made the SSG power his own once Goku faught Beerus in base..?
The SSG form has certain benefits Blue and base don't have.
Like the healing ability. There might be a few other benefits next episode makes canon.

It was always my assumption that SSG was like a "Base" form in that it doesn't use up any stamina.
So like you have Goku Base, add some stamina and then SSJ Goku, add more, SSJ2, add more, SSJ3.
Then you have SSG. Basically SSG is the base, add stamina, get Blue.

My further assumptions is that Goku probably has a dumb reason for not using it all the time, like it makes him look too small or he doesn't like red hair.

In every single instance thus far in Super where vegeta has trained hard and goku hasn't, Vegeta has been stronger.

Vegeta trained in the timechamber before ToP, Goku didn't.

In every single instance thus far in Super where vegeta has trained hard and goku hasn't, Vegeta has been stronger.

I mean there is only one instance of this, and it was with goku black, but even then it is inconclusive if he was stronger than goku

Esp. since Goku pushed back a huge blast from merged zamasu on his own

The only time Vegeta has ever been stronger than Goku since his debut was when he was fighting perfect cell and Goku was in the time chamber

As for ToP it is hard to tell since Vegeta hasn't had a big fight yet

Ingeniero

Exactly my man.
We don't know yet how strong is Vegeta now after his last solo training. He may have learned a technique similar to KK or has a new form, we have to wait and see his progress, but he´s definitely as strong as Goku now and maybe stronger.

Btw, what's with that tittle change? it's awful.

Exactly my man.
We don't know yet how strong is Vegeta now after his last solo training. He may have learned a technique similar to KK or has a new form, we have to wait and see his progress, but he´s definitely as strong as Goku now and maybe stronger.

Btw, what's with that tittle change? it's awful.

He is usually equal with goku these days, never stated to be stronger though

I agree I don't like this title too, but I didn't like the one before either lol

Seems like they're about equal since Goku believe Vegetables could take care of Frieza if need be

That was before he met with Freeza and learned Freeza powered up

Sony

Nintendo
.... SSG has healing ability...?
I swear my opinion on Super had just started to turn around and then I read this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom