• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else hate the "Zeno was going to erase them anyway" excuse?

It just felt like a really cheap way to try and get Goku off the hook for suggesting the tournament.

Goku didn't suggest the tournament, the tournament of power was zenos idea in the first place

Goku just went to remind him of it bc he was excited for it

caliph95

What, no, it's "10 Reasons Why I'm Quitting Godtube"
Don't worry someone else would be continuing his legacy
latest

latest

latest

sturmdogg

Zeno's and Goku both have the mind of a 4 year old but Zeno does seem like a deity that takes his job seriously. Honestly, if Goku could persuade them from destroying universes it would be bullshit imo as it's no small feat to do.

Personally I'd like to see U7 win with the other universes destroyed. After the final warrior is ringed out, I hope the U7 Fighters disappointingly say to Goku "did you have a good fight...?" and turn their back on him. There is no way this can have a happy ending and using the dragonballs to wish back the universes would be very cheap.

Some of you weren't paying attention to the earlier episodes, were you?

The episode where both Zenos were playing marbles with worlds, they said something like there's too many universes, we should destroy them. Goku comes along and reminds them of the Tournament of Power. Zeno (or was it the Grand Priest?) said whoever wins the tournament won't get it's universe erased.

So basically, yeah, Goku saves the universe. Again.

Unless I'm remembering it wrong. It's been quite a while.

HeroR

Goku didn't suggest the tournament, the tournament of power was zenos idea in the first place

Goku just went to remind him of it bc he was excited for it

Details, details.

We can't interrupt the 'it's all Goku's fault' narrative.

The episode where both Zenos were playing marbles with worlds, they said something like there's too many universes, we should destroy them. Goku comes along and reminds them of the Tournament of Power. Zeno (or was it the Grand Priest?) said whoever wins the tournament won't get it's universe erased.

It's really a theme in this fandom.

But I think Zen'o was complaining about being bored. Not too many universes.

caliph95

They just said they were bored and Goku gave them something to do I don't think we found out till the exhibition match outside of spoilers

dci260

Bergamo is trash. His fight was shit, and he was the weakest part of 98.

Lavender and Basil deserve a better brother. #MakeYamchatheirlonglostbrother

I agree, his fighting style was lame as hell compared to his other two brothers.

It just felt like a really cheap way to try and get Goku off the hook for suggesting the tournament.

It ticks me off, immensely. It really is just some cheap BS that they keep trying to beat over our heads in an effort to paint Goku in a positive light. It was selfish and moronic, they're not fooling anyone. The other universes were definitely not wrong in hating Goku, and neither are we.
In other words, Zamasu was right.

Skeeter49

Assuming Goku does wish back the other universes. I hope everyone still hates Goku and U7 as a whole.

I kind of hope they all hate U6 and U7 since both of them are dominating the tournament. That would add some story meaning to them dominating everyone else.

caliph95

Assuming Goku does wish back the other universes. I hope everyone still hates Goku and U7 as a whole.

I kind of hope they all hate U6 and U7 since both of them are dominating the tournament. That would add some story meaning to them dominating everyone else.
I rather not have their motivation been how awesome u7 and the moral be they should worship their feet

HeroR

It ticks me off, immensely. It really is just some cheap BS that they keep trying to beat over our heads in an effort to paint Goku in a positive light. It was selfish and moronic, they're not fooling anyone. The other univereses were definitely not wrong in hating Goku, and neither are we.
In other words, Zamasu was right.

Still weird that Goku is at fault for wanting the tournament, but no one blames Whis and Beerus for telling Goku not to bother to change Zen'o's mind when Bergoma, some random mortal, did it without getting the multiverse nuked.

And Zamasu's was right, when it's the gods destroying the multiverse and all its beauty. Not sure you realized the irony of your words.

Ashodin

Not only that, Goku gets to use it as an excuse if Gohan tries to tell him that it feels wrong killing people essentially by winning this tournament.

Only if all of this is a ruse and people are being teleported not eliminated is how I'll get really satisfied with everything.

Basically, if it turns out there was an ulterior motive for the tournament.

Skeeter49

Not only that, Goku gets to use it as an excuse if Gohan tries to tell him that it feels wrong killing people essentially by winning this tournament.

Only if all of this is a ruse and people are being teleported not eliminated is how I'll get really satisfied with everything.

The ulterior motive is to raise Godtube views.

dci260

Still weird that Goku is at fault for wanting the tournament, but no one blames Whis and Beerus for telling Goku not to bother to change Zen'o's mind when Bergoma, some random mortal, did it without getting the multiverse nuked.

And Zamasu's was right, when it's the gods destroying the multiverse and all its beauty. Not sure you realized the irony of your words.

I think it was pretty dumb that they told him not to try, yea, but ultimately it's Goku's fault that the situation even came to that. I mean, come on, Beerus had even warned him not to approach Zeno about it.

And I was mostly joking about that Zamasu meme, but if taken seriously, I only meant his hatred towards Goku.

The ulterior motive is to raise Godtube views.
Do we know if GodTube extends beyond Universe 10? EDIT: Actually, I guess it must since the U7 vs U6 tournament was on there.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Zeno's and Goku both have the mind of a 4 year old but Zeno does seem like a deity that takes his job seriously. Honestly, if Goku could persuade them from destroying universes it would be bullshit imo as it's no small feat to do.

Personally I'd like to see U7 win with the other universes destroyed. After the final warrior is ringed out, I hope the U7 Fighters disappointingly say to Goku "did you have a good fight...?" and turn their back on him. There is no way this can have a happy ending and using the dragonballs to wish back the universes would be very cheap.
Every arc ends with a happy ending and a wish on the dragonballs lol

HeroR

I think it was pretty dumb that they told him not to try, yea, but ultimately it's Goku's fault that the situation even came to that. I mean, come on, Beerus had even warned him not to approach Zeno about it.

And I was mostly joking about that Zamasu meme, but if taken seriously, I only meant his hatred towards Goku.

Does we know if GodTube extends beyond Universe 10? EDIT: Actually, I guess it must since the U7 vs U6 tournament was on there.

And if he hasn't, Beerus would have just been erased. And if Goku didn't listened to him again, he would have probably convinced Zen'o not to erased universe. Lesson here, don't listen to Beerus.

U9 Supreme Kai used Godtude to look up Frieza.

Every arc ends with a happy ending and a wish on the dragonballs lol

Except the Future Trunks Saga.

Goku will just tell Gohan straight up that if was either that guy or him since his universe is in danger too and Pan and Videl would have been erased if he held back. Plus, Gohan should have known from the start that winning meant destroying other universes, yet he had no problem with that until he met a guy with a similar family to him.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Except the Future Trunks Saga.

Trunks is probably wishing he can get his timeline back, but that ain't happening.
Future Trunks' life is suffering.

Also I'm pretty sure Dragonball Super considers Future Trunks' fate as a happy ending. The series has always been weird about time travel in how it disregards the fate of other timelines as long as the one we follow is a-okay in the end.

Sony

Nintendo
If I wasn't told that DBS Future Trunks was the same dude from DBZ, I would never has guessed. Dude resembles nothing from past future trunks. His teletubby design is even worse :(

Mory Dunz

If I wasn't told that DBS Future Trunks was the same dude from DBZ, I would never has guessed. Dude resembles nothing from past future trunks. His teletubby design is even worse :(

in dbz, the rule is you look younger as you age. especially if you're a saiyan.

except gohan's balding butt.

5594418-gohan_2017___universe_survival_dbs_by_saodvd-darq88k.png

caliph95

I thought Angels go inactive when their God of Destruction dies?

That was the reason why Whis couldn't stop Goku Black.

All of these Universes can't be truely gone.
Mojito was fine too unless it turns out to be a trick it could be Grand Priest or Zeno allowing them to, erased being different from death or the fact with universe gone there is no GoD to serve

dci260

Yeah, right.

He looks like he did before he bulk up and certainly not a teletubby. And I honestly always hate this version of Trunks. It's like everything bad from the 90s.
Ding ding ding! The only Trunks worse than this one is that fan-made image of him with practically Rapunzel hair.

dickroach

He looks like he did before he bulk up and certainly not a teletubby. And I honestly always hate this version of Trunks. It's like everything bad from the 90s.

yeah but like... the cool kind of bad, right?

like, you just hate it because he's missing sunglasses

HeroR

yeah but like... the cool kind of bad, right?

like, you just hate it because he's missing sunglasses

Well, he would fit in Michael Jackson's BAD video, so sure (yes, I know that's 80s).

Ding ding ding! The only Trunks worse than this one is that fan-made image of him with practically Rapunzel hair.

The only version of long-haired Trunks I liked is Time Patrol Trunks and it's the jacket that makes it work. I mean, it's hard to ruined a trench coat.

nitronite

I mean if you compare buff Trunks then of course he'll look different but if you compare the base Trunks then they look the same

The thing is, Trunks's character design evolved because he got older. Having spent time in the hyperbolic time chamber he grew taller, his hair got longer and he gained some muscle mass. By the time we last see him in the manga, his jaw is practically Vegeta-esque, so it doesn't really make sense to me (in-universe) why as he got older, he would look as young as he did when he was 17.

Slaythe

It's still retarded to claim you wouldn't think it's Future Trunks at first sight.

The jaw thing is just down to the artstyle evolving, just like when Toriyama gave giant foreheads to everyone, that's gone too.

dci260

The thing is, Trunks's character design evolved because he got older. Having spent time in the hyperbolic time chamber he grew taller, his hair got longer and he gained some muscle mass. By the time we last see him in the manga, his jaw is practically Vegeta-esque, so it doesn't really make sense to me (in-universe) why as he got older, he would look as young as he did when he was 17.

I'd imagine it might be hard to maintain muscle mass when you're eating, maybe, half a can of cat food a day.

The only version of long-haired Trunks I liked is Time Patrol Trunks and it's the jacket that makes it work. I mean, it's hard to ruined a trench coat.

Rapunzel Trunks does it with ease.
b583242ed8aafd50be41b5b7147200be--hair-inspo-trunks-dbz.jpg

dci260

He looked scrawny when he fought Dabura as well, though, and I don't think he had a food shortage problem at that time.

Touche. On a more serious note, a lack of muscle definition was a complaint that could generally be levied at all characters during that time of Super (just look at Gohan in previous Super arcs vs now). However, to imply that Trunks was unrecognizable or a "teletubby" is just ridiculous. Any changes to his design were minor and just had to do with the evolving art style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom