• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
U7 needs to start taking some Ls, I don't know who to root for when U7 are acting like the Team Toguro of the tournament.(it's an interesting contrast to usual shounen tournament arcs though)

I'll root for Hit.

RocknRola

U7 needs to start taking some Ls, I don't know who to root for when U7 are acting like the Team Toguro of the tournament.(it's an interesting contrast to usual shounen tournament arcs though)

I'll root for Hit.

I'm sure Tien will do a Tien soon enough.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I'll root for Hit.

Did anyone in Team Toguro ever feel regret though? I forget.

dci260

We need to ship GT away from existence.
Now that's a timeline I want Zeno to erase.
GT hate, the gift that keeps on giving.
giphy.gif

xD I guess the video was deleted since you can't see the image/picture anymore
Unfortunately, I did see it... ;_;

Somewhere, Gowasu is in heaven drinking tea ��
If only it were so peaceful, as far as we know, he has now ceased to exist.
Just like that pendant...

The 3rd chapter of the Yamcha manga is out btw.
Thanks for the heads up! Also, anyone who hasnt already should check this manga out (the previous two chapters were very entertaining).

Not father and son my ass.
^ Piccolo jumps in front of attacks for Gohan, Goku gives his enemies senzu beans.

And that person has 3 eyes.
But he hasn't been cool yet... :(

SSG is only god's energy

SSB is god's energy + Ki

SSB KK is god's energy + tons of Ki

I think Goku can transform into SSG since he got Blue, but he never uses it because it doesn't have the same strength as SSB, and maybe SSG is faster than SSB and because it doesn't consume Ki it can be used as somewhat of a replacement of SSBKK and not running out of Ki.
Please stop trying to make sense of this nonsense. The real answer for why he never used it again, prior to now, is simply poor writing. And it will be explained away with a quick, "I forgot I had it! n_n"

Would be cool, but I'll tell you this, if Piccolo doesn't get a power up from this somehow, I will fucking riot.
You're not the only one...

HeroR

Regardless of whatever happens in that 1000+ years, Goku has still cut down that opportunity. Yes you being erased and the world being erased aren't the same thing, but to one's perspective, simply you being erased vs everything being erased is the same experience. You still end up in nothingness either way, and for you it wouldn't "matter" if you are erased or if everything is erased, because you're nothing anyway. You won't percieve anything at that point.

It mattered because it was relevant to your belief of "nothing matters if everything is erased". Naturally I bring in real life because that's the basis we often use to impose standards (to some extent) when judging fiction.

And you're saying nothing matters if everything is erased in the sense that nothing you did before will "live" if everything is erased. I'm saying the current waking moments of life matter and it's worth enjoying regardless of what happens at the end. That's why that 1000+ years of life matters regardless of if it was going to be erased at the end, and why people have a right to be mad at Goku since their experience is getting cut short because of him.

In Dragon Ball, you don't disappear when you die unless your soul is destroyed. So to them, there is a different between living a long life and dying vs. living a long life, dying, and then getting erased in a century. In there case, whether they live a long life or a short one, or rather they exist for another 1000 years really doesn't matter since their very existence is blinked out. At least with Goku they have a remote chance of not suffering that fate vs. it's going to happen it's just a matter of when.

Let me put it in another way. If you had the chance to save yourself from an illness, but you have a high risk of dying from it vs. letting the illness take its course and live for another year, which one is more worthwhile to you? This is a personal question that has no right or wrong answer, but most would usually chose the course where they can prolong their life even if failure meant death instead of just sitting back and waiting for the end. This is especially true in Dragon Ball where almost everyone has a warrior's mentality in that they don't believe quietly waiting for the end even if they're promised several more years and will chose to fight even if the odds of succeeded are nonexistence or that they would have lived longer if they didn't resist.

And as you said, you're injecting a personal belief system in a show that has a clear cut way the afterlife works. So personal belief shouldn't be a factor. The people in Dragon Ball, quite frankly, are not thinking 'we're could have existed for 1000 more years or it wasn't for Son Goku'. Everyone agreed that Zen'o was going to wiped them eventually and their ire towards Goku is more petty since he's friend with Zen'o. Only the trio from U9 had any real justified anger and that was mostly Goku's 'I don't give a damn' attitude about everything. Fans being mad at Goku also ignores that the people more at fault here are the gods since the reason why the mortal levels are low because the gods haven't been doing their jobs. So the narrative that 'Goku 'rob' people out of 1000 years' seems really crazy when the narrative should be 'why the hell aren't the gods doing their freaking jobs', especially with Beerus who did nothing when he fellow gods were being slaughtered by Buu and even trapped one of his equals in a sword.

Finished episode 62. The Future Trunks and Black Goku arc is so goddamn good. I was so engrossed in it that I even forgot about GoT episode. The subtle humor is also spot on. Interactions between kid Trunks and Future Trunks was also really cool. This show is the best anime I have ever seen. Does it get even better? I hope it does.

Skeeter49

Finished episode 62. The Future Trunks and Black Goku arc is so goddamn good. I was so engrossed in it that I even forgot about GoT episode. The subtle humor is also spot on. Interactions between kid Trunks and Future Trunks was also really cool. This show is the best anime I have ever seen. Does it get even better? I hope it does.

I really liked the Future Trunks arc. I thought it did tag team fights well.

I really like the episode where Black and Zamasu first team up, despite the controversy with Future Trunks power level at SSJ2.
I thought it did them being in a desperate situation well.

I thought Future Trunks became Legendary Super Saiyan like Brolly with his eyes becoming white and all.
Most people thought that when they first saw it. I wish he lost control more in that form.

To this day, one thing that angers me is I think Future Mai and Z timeline Bulma should have died, thus being the catalyst for him transforming. His new form gets a lot of hate, I think it'd have been viewed better if in one attack he lost the last 2 people who were important to him. I do like the Sinner aspect though. This is all your fault, everything you thought you did to benefit a timeline, fucked up everything in actuality.

ElyrionX

The Universes are getting erased because of God's will, I don't think he would like the idea of Goku bringing them back.

He's going to feed them some bullshit line about how fun the tournament was and how they can do this every year if all universes were around or some such shit.

Just watched the episode. I had seen a picture of red, super saiyan God goku and assumed it was another fake, fan created image. Didn't think we'd see that form again since blue more or less made it redundant, but I guess we'll see.

U6 needs to start taking some Ls, I don't know who to root for when U6 is so lame

Good riddance, Hit.
fix'd
My updated Goku design.

https://twitter.com/ArchedThunder/status/896952255131168768
I probably should have made the lines thicker.
EDIT:fixed some shading
I like the soft shapes you have going on here.

I'm thinking about doing a color version of that Gohan I did... maybe with some adjustments. I drew it before the episode aired with what I thought would happen and ended up somewhat close.
Both are pretty darn nice!!

They were all complete assholes save for the big man himself...who was only half asshole
I think the armor dude had some sort of redemption

Also I really wish we got some backstory into these fighters, don't get me wrong I don't want episodes of flashback but something similar we have here with Gobin's locket. I just want to get a sense of worth from these fighters and understand what each of them are fighting for you know.

Also I really wish we got some backstory into these fighters, don't get me wrong I don't want episodes of flashback but something similar we have here with Gobin's locket. I just want to get a sense of worth from these fighters and understand what each of them are fighting for you know.
Ribrianne is fighting for love and happiness for all, she won't let us forget

Kahseral had that, too bad he was wasted :(

also apparently his design was based in one of Toriyama's old manga (forgot the name)
C9CNOVKXUAAi9KU.jpg

HeroR

That would be nice, but characters in tournament rarely if ever get development in Dragon Ball. The few exceptions are those who become part of the main cast like Tien or are connect to another character like Tao.

Nam was an extremely rare exception where we got some of his backstory and why he was at the tournament. He then he disappeared from the story only to be killed off-scene by one of King Piccolo's children and revived in a panel. The same with Man Wolf whose backstory was completely played for laughs.

Kahseral had that, too bad he was wasted :(

also apparently his design was based in one of Toriyama's old manga (forgot the name)
C9CNOVKXUAAi9KU.jpg

Wow. Thanks for this.

You know what would've been great is that whenever a universe gets erased the 1st half of the ending theme sort of dedicates to the fallen universe and show snippets of characters in their mundane lives or achievement and the second half shows them in a similar pose to the universe 7 fights in the 9th ending

LotusHD

Banned
You know what would've been great is that whenever a universe gets erased the 1st half of the ending theme sort of dedicates to the fallen universe and show snippets of characters in their mundane lives or achievement and the second half shows them in a similar pose to the universe 7 fights in the 9th ending

Meh, they don't deserve it.

Does anyone else hate the "Zeno was going to erase them anyway" excuse?

It just felt like a really cheap way to try and get Goku off the hook for suggesting the tournament.

Sony

Nintendo
He's going to feed them some bullshit line about how fun the tournament was and how they can do this every year if all universes were around or some such shit.

Zeno's and Goku both have the mind of a 4 year old but Zeno does seem like a deity that takes his job seriously. Honestly, if Goku could persuade them from destroying universes it would be bullshit imo as it's no small feat to do.

Personally I'd like to see U7 win with the other universes destroyed. After the final warrior is ringed out, I hope the U7 Fighters disappointingly say to Goku "did you have a good fight...?" and turn their back on him. There is no way this can have a happy ending and using the dragonballs to wish back the universes would be very cheap.

HeroR

It just felt like a really cheap way to try and get Goku off the hook for suggesting the tournament.

Goku's selfish action having longterm good effects is hardly something new, just look at Vegeta.

Zeno's and Goku both have the mind of a 4 year old but Zeno does seem like a deity that takes his job seriously. Honestly, if Goku could persuade them from destroying universes it would be bullshit imo as it's no small feat to do.

You mean the same deity who didn't know about Black and Zamasu killing all his gods and was shocked when Merged Zamasu corrupted his multiverse? And Bergoma persuade Zen'o to spare universes with just a few words.

caliph95

Right no one ever convinced Zenos of anything
1r1xdjNH3YRVu03yUQUodP5pxHHrF7byj4RlSIUkS1EPBh8h_bO4XlpAEjVDUoc77nsYIcPkqc9s3x-TFy8xVDNeVg9Eu0vvxgqpaey9lxrHBuLbD49rxf0KqC9kvo4JG7wctJ2jgTGZmY0gPNNpz-GBJXi-785a9p0zJtyULVwqFvk1nQ=w281-h523-nc

Skeeter49

When will 18 get her own theme? When will 18 get her own dedicated episode? :(

It's not always about 17. It's time the superior android got some focus.

You're right, I'm sorry, 17 has been having too much of an influence on me
We should all aspire to be like 17.

Welp, it was obvious goku started to become a jerk and used his friends , specially bulma to break the boredom of his life.

The excuse was used several times to remind the viewer everything is fine its not goku, the good guy who likes fighting, his fault to put everyone lives in danger because he was bored several times in Super.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom