• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piers

Always been meaning to ask. Is this canon? I always thought it was more of a meta joke between DB fans. You guys know more about DB than me.

There isn't much productive discussion on the canon front anyway, other than fans making up excuses for Toei/Toriyama.

Waldini

You know ... the only thing I miss in Dragonball Super is the lack of blood or injuries. Dragonball Z did that perfectly to show how vicious a fight was.

I remember Vegeta vs Buu. Goddamn ... Vegeta got destroyed.

The current arc in DBS is a bit lackluster. There's no "real" danger. Here's hoping it'll pick up speed the coming episodes.
In the mean time, I'm waiting for more leaks.

You know ... the only thing I miss in Dragonball Super is the lack of blood or injuries. Dragonball Z did that perfectly to show how vicious a fight was.

Thats how I feel about a lot of the more mainstream anime nowadays

But that scene of Frieza torturing that one fighter and telling them to jump themselves or he'll make them jump... whew. I almost wish for much more frieza in the storyline.

Waldini

Thats how I feel about a lot of the more mainstream anime nowadays

But that scene of Frieza torturing that one fighter and telling them to jump themselves or he'll make them jump... whew. I almost wish for much more frieza in the storyline.

Yeah ... or the moment he dreamed about the thing he'd do to Goku (lol). But still .. most of the fights lack impact.

KHlover

Banned
He stood Super Saiyan during the days of rest before the Cell Games. Even if he wasn't, Goku in his base form would have killed Chi-Chi if he couldn't control himself.

I remember Goku telling Gohan they won't be Super Saiyans when sleeping.
He said the exact opposite of that.

Skeeter49

Still in disbelieve that Gohan beat Botamo...

Let's all take a moment and pray that someone is comforting Magetta right now.

Ki blasts have never been consistent, sometimes they push back, sometimes they obliterate. It's always been that way.
Mr. Satan should have died about 50 times on the Kai's planet with all the shock waves from the attacks. I think he got hit with a few, and punched by Kid Buu who doesn't hold back. Same with the Cell arc.
Energy shocks from Cell, I know it's not canon, should have obliterated Krillin and friends when they were trying to help Gohan during his Kamehameha struggle.
Krillin took a hit from Cell, and Krillin stated Cell used his full power in that kick.

But it's a Super specific problem. Please understand.

Ki blasts have never been consistent, sometimes they push back, sometimes they obliterate. It's always been that way.
They're consistent in that there are various "modes", sometimes they're basically punches, sometimes they're railguns, sometimes they obliterate everything in a small crater and sometimes they core planets.

Think about DB. Roshi could core the moon with his biggest blast, and by the time Goku was fighting Piccolo, he was impressed by a blast that only caused a relatively small crater.

Skeeter49

Can an episode ever top this happening 3 times?
DHJ46ohXkAEUzoU.jpg

I hope Hit tells Goku not to let his guard down next episode.

I really hope Vegeta goes to take out magetta now that botamo is out lol

I was wondering about this as well. It's goddamn fucking ridiculous.

But of course, if we want to start talking about ki blast chracteristics, we need to first discuss why SSJ3 Goku didn't just enlarge his goddamn kamehameha blast when he first fought Buu which would have disintegrated him instead of just punching a hole through his belly.
Goku wasn't trying to defeat majin Buu in that fight, he only confronted Buu to buy time for trunks to get the dragon radar

That's why we got that long ass ss3 transformation as well, and all the other times he goes ss3 is instant

HeroR

He said the exact opposite of that.

He said that they would remain Super Saiyan unless they're sleeping until we get used to it.

Then you had:

How many times has Goku been yelled at so far in the tournament for not doing this?

Gohan was fighting one person he rung out, while Goku in that shot was outsmarted by a technique and he Goku still didn't need help.

Tookay

DHJ46ohXkAEUzoU.jpg

Last episode seemed like it was in a creative rut, from the guard stuff to somebody getting trapped in-between projectile attacks (which also happened three times).

LordOfChaos

Last episode seemed like it was in a creative rut, from the guard stuff to somebody getting trapped in-between projectile attacks (which also happened three times).

And then 17 jumped in between the holes in that "trap". /literal/ hole in the plot, lol

JohnDoe

Banned
The Goku letting his guard down BS is getting really tired tbh. We get it he's a goof. Also kinda stupid a martial artist of his calibre has a problem like this but eh it's anime.

Skeeter49

I feel like the only time he really fucked up in letting his guard down was in 97. That was inexcusable.

In 101 my understanding was Tupper got behind him while Goku was fighting Zoiray, since Zeno said the fight already started, then we saw impact shots before Goku was grabbed, and Goku fell into a trap this episode, that 17 has fell into in the past.

And then 17 jumped in between the holes in that "trap". /literal/ hole in the plot, lol

The point is that Goku was surrounded and the magical girl could move the blasts in when she wanted, it wasn't that he physically couldn't move.
I just figured Rozie would close the trap if Goku tried to escape, but not if someone tried to get in.
Real plot hole is Goku could have just ITed out.
Plot hole? We didn't even see what Goku would have done if 17 hadn't shown up, he very well may have just teleported out. The fact that 17 came to help doesn't mean that Goku wouldn't have been able to deal with it himself.

HeroR

I just figured Rozie would close the trap if Goku tried to escape, but not if someone tried to get in.
Real plot hole is Goku could have just ITed out.

Plot hole isn't a character not doing something.

Lmao, at what point does getting outmaneuvered become letting your guard down??

Everyone has it out for Goku smh

Seriously. Then again, since Beerus said it, it must be true.

Piccolo got punch in the face by the U10 guy, must have let his guard down.

caliph95

Plot hole: a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot. Such inconsistencies include such things as illogical or impossible events, and statements or events that contradict earlier events in the storyline

Sorry pet peeve of mine, characters acting dumb or not acting how you want them too is not a plot hole.

Plot hole? We didn't even see what Goku would have done if 17 hadn't shown up, he very well may have just teleported out. The fact that 17 came to help doesn't mean that Goku wouldn't have been able to deal with it himself.

Plot hole isn't -Snip

I mean if Goku said "Thanks 17, but I was just about to IT out of that snafu though", then I'd agree, you 2 are correct.
But thats not the way the show presented it.

HeroR

Plot hole: a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot. Such inconsistencies include such things as illogical or impossible events, and statements or events that contradict earlier events in the storyline

Sorry pet peeve of mine, characters acting dumb or not acting how you want them too is not a plot hole.

Thank you. This is a major pet peeve of mines too along with other misuses of literature terms.

I mean if Goku said "Thanks 17, but I was just about to IT out of that snafu though", then I'd agree, you 2 are correct.

Why would Goku tell 17 exactly how he was going to escape? Him saying he didn't need his help should be enough, even if he didn't plan to teleport.

LordKasual

Banned
I'm not fussing about it, but it seems like most of the kai blasts used to knock off opponents in this tournament shouldn't be leaving people mostly uninjured like it has but rather should be completely disintegrating them. Lavender is weaker than buu, but got hit with a ssb final kamehameha and it had the effect of a strong breeze.

This is the most unbelievable thing about the tournament thus far

DBZ at this level basically has 3 options for being hit by finishing moves:

1) it gets deflected/blocked

2) it's evaded

3) catastrophic damage

As of the Cell Saga, this stopped meaning much because enemies who actually got hit with finishing moves DID take catastrophic damage...it just doesn't end up killing them

And it seems like you would almost have to use overwhelming force to defeat opponents in this tournament, since an underpowered blast wouldn't need to be met with lethal force to be deflected, and these are the strongest opponents in the universe.

The only real explanation would be that the people fighting and people being knocked off are simply fatigued to the point where they're using very weak blasts compared to what they normally would

DHJ46ohXkAEUzoU.jpg

I'm just under the impression that goku is trolling like fuck

HeroR

I didnt take that statement to mean the saving was unnecessary. I took it as 'i can take it from here"

17 directly said, it seems Goku needed his help. Goku disagreed. Nothing suggested that Goku couldn't handle the situation, especially when he's still in his base form. He could've just gone Super Saiyan and tanked the hit if he wanted to.

It's not a plot hole though

Plot hole isn't a character not doing something.

Seriously. Then again, since Beerus said it, it must be true.

Piccolo got punch in the face by the U10 guy, must have let his guard down.

Lmao people forgetting Beerus is an idiot too

PeaceUK

The effect ki blasts have has always been 100% up to the user, you can have a kamehameha thats pure power and destruction, or one that just creates a huge amount of knockback, and anything inbetween. Same with all ki attacks.

Omni

I feel like people who don't like Goku for whatever reason just shit on every scene that he's in for no reason
except those with Gohan in them. What a surprise
. It's getting a bit obnoxious to read.

He didn't even get a chance to react to those ki blasts before 17 jumped in this week. I mean did you guys not watch the following scene of him completely out manoeuvring her in base form? Those blasts weren't about to do anything either way (and yes, Goku used IT in his attack. He hasn't forgotten^)

caliph95

A character forgetting they have a move... I guess its nothing to do with plot? Apologize everyone. Ive shamed the thread.
*lays down dagger*
You know what to do

It's not that though, it's pet peeve and semantics but plot holes are something that is supposed to be impossible in the universe or contradict stuff not guys being idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom