• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

we got a new baby in town boyz

Gowasu told him to drop the pendant so they could get more views on Godtube.

.... SSG has healing ability...?
I swear my opinion on Super had just started to turn around and then I read this crap.
If it works the same way as the BoG arc, that's correct. Beerus got a hit in on Goku that was intended to kill him, he fell in the water, then his red aura spiked up as it body started to heal.

There's also speculation it might give him more speed than Blue, since Goku is fighting a speedster.

I'm also wondering if the fire like aura might be use as a protective barrier against Dyspo, so he can't get close to Goku even with his speed.

LotusHD

Banned
I swear my opinion on Super had just started to turn around and then I read this crap.

65f0e19395d401a7c0ef42b8cee6f8f9.786x600x1.png

YoungOne

A question on that healing ability. If it did had that why didn't goku use it during the u6 v u7 tournament assuming it affects poison.

Compbros

Gohan lays out a plan for two on one attacks.
Gohan and Piccolo have a chance for a two on one attack.
Gohan: "Leave this to me Piccolo".

Why all that talk about strategy meaning anything if the person that came up with it just abandons it immediately?

caliph95

Why all that talk about strategy meaning anything if the person that came up with it just abandons it immediately?
Because Dragon ball

Skeeter49

To be fair, against Botamo most 2 v 1 attacks wouldn't work.
They would have had to plan specifically for Botamo.

A question on that healing ability. If it did had that why didn't goku use it during the u6 v u7 tournament assuming it affects poison.
I'm assuming this is something he got recently. Maybe from his training from Whis in Vegeta's training room, or from Sidra's attack. I'm not even expecting Goku to know he can channel this form until 5 minutes into the episode.

Sony

Nintendo
Don't you fucking start.

[IG]http://media.tumblr.com/6ed345530f3736f04fa5f6e9b7c1ae90/tumblr_inline_mok3arLX6f1qz4rgp.gif[/IMG]

And no HeroR, for the record, people don't hate Superman in Superman stories or Justice League stories...

You can have a hardon for Cavill all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that most people hate Henry Cavill superman. Not in appearance, cause he looks great as Supe, but in character. To a point where fucking captain America is a better superman.

Nice OT title

and screw Cabba
Vegeta's back seat role is worse. He's been an integral part of Dragonball but he's ignored AF.
What lol he had his own episode against U9 with Goku and has participated in other fights. He has been in the spotlight more than Gohan, Piccolo, Roshi, Tenshinhan, Freezer and maybe Krillin.

Slaythe

You can have a hardon for Cavill all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that most people hate Henry Cavill superman. Not in appearance, cause he looks great as Supe, but in character. To a point where fucking captain America is a better superman.

Two things

1) There's a broken narrative about his characterization that was pushed online despite being flat out wrong, I've debated enough about it and this isn't the place for it, if you care about it we can take that in private

2) Millions of people love him and are excited to see him return, which was also showcased in the recent Justice League threads, comic con and his instagram. People are able to dissociate a character from their overall disappointment over a movie. Then you have the people hating on anything Snyder has done so whatever. You ignore blind haters.

Compbros

To be fair, against Botamo most 2 v 1 attacks wouldn't work.
They would have had to plan specifically for Botamo.

Which is fine but Piccolo knows of him, Gohan doesn't. With the fate of the Universe on the line it's an ill time to see how Gohan will adapt on the fly.

I mean the scene in battle of gods arc made it seem like Goku has no idea how to use the healing, it kind of just happened

So I don't think it's something he can activate (unless he learned how by this point)

Cabba has been sidelined so bad, I wonder if he'll actually have a decent moment this arc.

Poor cabba :(

Wonder how Champa will react when he sees his boy Hit getting thrown around like a punk.

Lmao I wonder how Beerus will react to Goku coming in to save Hit

Which is fine but Piccolo knows of him, Gohan doesn't. With the fate of the Universe on the line it's an ill time to see how Gohan will adapt on the fly.

Goku literally said in the episode that he had told gohan about botamo, and that he was sure Gohan had developed a strategy to beat him

Slaythe

Gohan said Goku told him about Botamo so he came up with that plan. He didn't adapt on the fly here. He did when he fought the U10 guy.

That was strategy. Strategy doesn't necessarily mean teaming up.

HardRojo

Vegeta's back seat role is worse. He's been an integral part of Dragonball but he's ignored AF.

He was there in BoG, RoF, U6 v U7, Future Trunks arc and now the ToP. He'll have his moment, he isn't being ignored, at least they're giving more characters their time to shine, though I gotta say I didn't like how they treated Krillin after building him up.

I feel like this Universe lacks proper rivals. Seemingly the only people that can truly go toe to toe with Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, 17, and perhaps Gohan are Toppo, Hit, (Dyspo maybe) and Jiren. I can't tell how much 17 was trying against Ribrianne but it seemed like she was about to lose if it wasn't for the escape.

We haven't seen every fighter yet but still...

Slaythe

So true story, I never liked 17 until this arc. Now he's probably the only U7 character I like. And it sucks because they've been eluding to him getting thrown out soon the last 2 episodes :( :( :(
He better stay in. The only intelligent character in the whole damn tournament.

Dude please, he's not going anywhere.

Compbros

Gohan said Goku told him about Botamo so he came up with that plan. He didn't adapt on the fly here. He did when he fought the U10 guy.

That was strategy. Strategy doesn't necessarily mean teaming up.

Goku literally said in the episode that he had told gohan about botamo, and that he was sure Gohan had developed a strategy to beat him

I missed that part then. But wouldn't it be better to let Piccolo in on the strategy and to carry it out together? Plus Goku was there. The strategy was literally "keep attacking until he lifts off the ground and I can push him back", carrying this out with 3 people should make it easier while also preserving stamina and he landed a LOT of hits.

To me it seemed like neither 17 not ribrianne were at full power

E: how have they been alluding to 17 getting rung out???

He's been getting a lot of airtime and he's not a saiyan. Since only 1 U7 person has been knocked out so far, it just seems like that's where they're headed. They need an "oh shit" knockout.

I missed that part then. But wouldn't it be better to let Piccolo in on the strategy and to carry it out together? Plus Goku was there. The strategy was literally "keep attacking until he lifts off the ground and I can push him back", carrying this out with 3 people should make it easier while also preserving stamina and he landed a LOT of hits.

I mean the obvious counterpoint to this is that Gohan clearly had zero difficulty doing it on his own

Compbros

I mean the obvious counterpoint to this is that Gohan clearly had zero difficulty doing it on his own

Except unneeded burning of stamina. Throwing a flurry of punches is sure to have caused a hit in his stamina, however minute, and they need every bit as they still have a long fight ahead of them.

CazTGG

Goku is a better Superman than Henry Cavill. At least Goku doesn't go around destroying the livelihood of truckers and government property.

Except unneeded burning of stamina. Throwing a flurry of punches is sure to have caused a hit in his stamina, however minute, and they need every bit as they still have a long fight ahead of them.

i mean think what you want, but i don't think he lost much stamina, he was completely fine afterwards, not even winded

Kevinroc

He's been getting a lot of airtime and he's not a saiyan. Since only 1 U7 person has been knocked out so far, it just seems like that's where they're headed. They need an "oh shit" knockout.

I think that will be Vegeta. When 17 finally goes down, it will probably be alongside his sister.

Slaythe

The cartoons had Superman exploding helicopters, punching bad guys through city buildings, and even destroying hospitals .

I'm still betting on Tien being the second loser. He's so useless. Waste of a slot. I don't care about "invisible enemies woah so kewl" when Gohan learned to use his aura as sonar, remember ?

Exactly my man.
We don't know yet how strong is Vegeta now after his last solo training. He may have learned a technique similar to KK or has a new form, we have to wait and see his progress, but he´s definitely as strong as Goku now and maybe stronger.

Btw, what's with that tittle change? it's awful.

This is what I'm hoping.

I mean there is only one instance of this, and it was with goku black, but even then it is inconclusive if he was stronger than goku

Esp. since Goku pushed back a huge blast from merged zamasu on his own

There's at least 2 that I can remember, vegeta was stronger than goku when he trained with whis. Whis even made vegeta's weights twice as heavy. They became equal after goku trained with whis aswell.

And with black it was extremely obvious vegeta was much stronger again than goku, the beatdown he gave black was as one-sided as it could get.
Goku didn't really push back zamasu's blast, he pierced it by using so much energy he destroyed his arms. Getting hit by the kamehameha stopped zamasu from pushing the sphere.

It's pretty similar to vegeta's self destruct vs majin buu, any more energy and goku's arms would've probably literally exploded. This doesn't mean that goku was actually stronger in that instance though, just that he was more ride or die about the whole thing.

CazTGG

No he just destroys entire universes.

Those universes were going to be destroyed anyway because of their mortal level, Goku game them a fighting chance at the very least. Don't blame him for the two children who can wipe away billions with the flick of their wrist thinking they need to be wiped away.

P.S. The episode where Captain Marvel and Superman's fist colliding caused a significant amount of collateral damage was due to Superman worrying about a potential bomb blowing up innocent civilians, even telling those present to get away in case he can't stop it. That's not even remotely the same thing as pushing Zod through a corn field and all the other collateral damage he causes in both films.

Skeeter49

The cartoons had Superman exploding helicopters, punching bad guys through city buildings, and even destroying hospitals .

I'm still betting on Tien being the second loser. He's so useless. Waste of a slot. I don't care about "invisible enemies woah so kewl" when Gohan learned to use his aura as sonar, remember ?

Be funny if Tien starts hyping this up as his chance to do something, and then as he starts powering up Gohan just one shots them.
My assumption is
106 will be the invisible fighters, and that's when U4 is destroyed or near destroyed.

Piccolo said Gohan knew about Botamo, before Goku revealed to Piccolo he explained his fight with Botamo to Gohan. I'm assuming Piccolo told him the basics, and then Goku told him more in depth how he approached Botamo.
That's why Piccolo was starting to get worried when Gohan started throwing punches.

I still then Tenshinhan is next, then maybe Vegeta if they want a shocking situation. I see Roshi, Piccolo and Freeza outlasting the Androids and Goku and Gohan being the final two.
What a time to be a Roshi fan. More development than he's really ever had, I guess not as big as him accepting he hit his peak in DB, but still more than anything in DBZ, and outlasting more than half his team.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I still think Tenshinhan is next, then maybe Vegeta if they want a shocking situation. I see Roshi, Piccolo and Freeza outlasting the Androids and Goku and Gohan being the final two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom