• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

Vegeta's back seat role is worse. He's been an integral part of Dragonball but he's ignored AF.

Super has been the Goku and Vegeta show with a slice of Future Trunks up until the 70's. Vegeta's had his time, others need it more.

I'd rather have Vegeta get more of a focus than Goku since Goku is doing his best to ruin this arc, but it's whatever, and Vegeta fighting in base 24/7 isn't better than Goku in base.

Plus he had his own episode, and helped create the most beautiful thing in existence, Bota Magetta.

Wonder how Champa will react when he sees his boy Hit getting thrown around like a punk.
giphy.gif

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Would you have come to this without the ending having this order?

Ten being out early seems like a given based on how he was treated pre-tournament. Vegeta as well since he barely had any screentime for the majority of the current arc, and like I said if they want to cause a stir then dropping a strong player would do the job. Roshi and Piccolo are experienced and Roshi had some decent development. I don't see him making the same sort of mistake Krillin did. Androids and Freeza are a toss-up but given Freeza hasn't really done much yet they're probably saving him for later.

Skeeter49

Frieza has a few things on his bucket list before getting eliminated.

Mock stupid monkeys from a different universe
Torture stupid monkeys from a different universe.
Mock stupid green aliens who can create Dragon Ball's from a different universe
Torture stupid green aliens who can create Dragon Ball's from a different universe.
Bromance with the guy from a different universe who looks like him.

Torture anyone else who upsets him.

Just have him eliminate the U6 saiyans.
He can have Cabba.
What better way to mold him into Vegeta than going back to where it all started.

He's the only one who isn't getting any development, and it's clear looking at how they handled his interaction with Vegeta, they have no interest in doing anything with him this arc. Like it or hate it, Caulifla and Kale owe U7, they had to really take a hit on Goku's character to do that, so I don't see that turning into nothing, that's probably going to come into play at some point. Unless they help U7 out, and then Frieza takes a cheap shot.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Torture stupid green aliens who can create Dragon Ball's from a different universe.

Just have him eliminate the U6 saiyans.

Kevinroc

I could see Frost being the source of Freeza's downfall.

You don't need a villain to build danger or tension. Ever heard of man vs. nature?

You are right but Super doesn't build up any danger...it is just boring right now.
Even the Boo arc was more interesting then this fight tournament. Yeah, they erase other universes but the characters are completly new to me and I don't care if they vanish minutes later. But like someome else said: my guess is that they build up for a new enemy who will be revealed in the next 5 to 10 episodes.

Alienous

It's got to end with someone getting that smug grin off of the main angel.

I'm hoping for a multi-universe revolt, including the Gods of Destruction.

caliph95

You are right but Super doesn't build up any danger...it is just boring right now.
Even the Boo arc was more interesting then this fight tournament. Yeah, they erase other universes but the characters are completly new to me and I don't care if they vanish minutes later. But like someome else said: my guess is that they build up for a new enemy who will be revealed in the next 5 to 10 episodes.
The new characters are barely a challenge right now besides jiren or matched with u7 stronger than they're

Feels less like a battle of the best as a cleanup of trash. Which is what Zeno doing so good job super

Neoxon

he means those will be the final 3 in u7

although i think freeza will be in there somewhere, i feel like they are saving him for closer to the end

e: nvm you're right, i read the post wrong
I meant my guess is that Goku, Vegeta, & 17 will be the last 3 U7 fighters in the running. You do have a point about Frieza probably being a bigger player later.

Skeeter49

No way is Vegeta one of the last 3 U7 fighters.
U7 doesn't need trash weighing it down.

Why does everyone hate Cabba?
I skipped over a lot of episodes of Super and only really remember him from the baseball episode.

I do hate the other two U6 sayans, so if he is like them, I can understand.

Also with him looking like a weird adventure time noodle person.
He's discount Tarble. And to me he's not as interesting as Caulifla, or even Kale who I'm not extremely fond of, but 100 and 101 did a lot to make me like her more.

Caulifla and Kale have had more development in 10 episodes than Cabba had in 70. And Caulifla hasn't even had much development, most of it has gone to Kale.

If they actually explore his relationship with Vegeta again, then I'll care. Until then, 100 has sealed my opinion on him.

Khezu

I skipped over a lot of episodes of Super and only really remember him from the baseball episode.

I meant my guess is that Goku, Vegeta, & 17 will be the last 3 U7 fighters in the running. You do have a point about Frieza probably being a bigger player later.

oh so i was right the first time haha

yeah, i mean it's the only explanation i can think of as to why he hasn't done anything of note yet, especially after they hyped him up. They are saving him for something big.

people don't really hate cabba, it's more of him being uninteresting or whatever

i love cabba, he deserves more :(

LotusHD

Banned
Why does everyone hate Cabba?.

No one hates him (I think), he's just currently the butt of the joke due to Cauli and Kale completely overshadowing him in terms of both popularity and strength. (And maybe personality-wise too) Like right now, he has absolutely nothing that makes him stand out compared to the other Saiyans, other than being really skinny.

Daingurse

I like Cabba, but he is a bit plain.

Daingurse

The Prince of all space jobbers

Lol. The Prince of all Space Warrior Jobbers!

Someone should edit that one Vegeta panel in the Saiyan Saga from:

"I'm the strongest warrior in the universe!"

To:

"I'm the strongest jobber in the universe!"

It's funny because it's true. Vegeta has to be one of the strongest jobbers to ever exist lol.

Tookay

Really don't think Vegeta is going out any time soon.

Neither of the two reasons stated make much sense to me:

1) "The ED hints at the order of elimination." This would remove all tension from who's going out if they commit to that route.
2) "He hasn't had any focus in the pre-tournament build-up." So what? Krillin had a ton and he was taken out almost instantly.

I don't hate him, I just find him very boring.

HardRojo

Cabba's problem is they failed to develop him. He's one dimensional and uninteresting as a result.

Yep, he's starting to remind me of Mikasa (the character I hate the most from Attack on Titan, she's as one dimensional as it gets and conveniently strong for plot reasons, other than that she has the personality of a plank), if Vegeta isn't there he basically has nothing else to do, he's all about "Master! Master! Master! Master" and nothing else, even the new Saiyans are more interesting now.

Omni

Would be nice to see Gohan outlast everyone, honestly. I'm always gonna be a Goku fan, but I've really come around to Gohan this arc. I fear that they're gonna job him again though (like they always seem to do)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Would be nice to see Gohan outlast everyone, honestly. I'm always gonna be a Goku fan, but I've really come around to Gohan this arc. I fear that they're gonna job him again though (like they always seem to do)

I just want Goku and Gohan to team up in the finale or whatever happens.

Skeeter49

Yep, he's starting to remind me of Mikasa (the character I hate the most from Attack on Titan, she's as one dimensional as it gets and conveniently strong for plot reasons, other than that she has the personality of a plank), if Vegeta isn't there he basically has nothing else to do, he's all about "Master! Master! Master! Master" and nothing else, even the new Saiyans are more interesting now.

I like that we saw Cabba's original master, I'd love a flashback or some storyline with those 2 later on, but that was just set up for saiyans who would become stronger than him. That's my issue, in this tournament Cabba has only show interest in fighting Vegeta. Cabba goes from wanting to talk to Vegeta to wanting to take him out, without any reason being shown other than Vegeta being a little bit of a dick to him.

The one time I liked Cabba, was when he went SSJ after being threatened by Vegeta, and when he was shit at insulting people.

We don't really know if Kale has any fighting spirit now in her base, but at least Caulifla wants to represent her universe, she doesn't just care about Goku or Vegeta like Cabba, she wants to test herself, and doesn't want to be looked down on, which makes sense for a gang leader.

It'll happen, because Goku will probably tire himself out before the final fight, while Gohan's been smarter and conserving his energy, thus Gohan will perform better and Goku will probably get knocked off.

You forgot kill Goku. The "no kill" rule was about killing competitors and not teammates.
Frieza would actually help U7 survival rate if he did that. Hell, it'd probably raise U7's mortal rating to the required number on the spot.
Frieza to Goku as he throws his dead body off the stage: "And to add further insult to injury, the future of Super will be the Frieza and Gohan show."

He can have Cabba.
What better way to mold him into Vegeta than going back to where it all started.

He's the only one who isn't getting any development, and it's clear looking at how they handled his interaction with Vegeta, they have no interest in doing anything with him this arc. Like it or hate it, Caulifla and Kale owe U7, they had to really take a hit on Goku's character to do that, so I don't see that turning into nothing, that's probably going to come into play at some point. Unless they help U7 out, and then Frieza takes a cheap shot.

You forgot kill Goku. The "no kill" rule was about killing competitors and not teammates.

Skii

Cabba's problem is they failed to develop him. He's one dimensional and uninteresting as a result.

It really does feel like this tournament arc came way too early. They could've built on a few of the universes in arcs before finally delving into this tournament of power. Really hard to care for any universe that isn't 7. We only cared about U10 because of Gowasu lol.

Daingurse

Wouldn't mind seeing Gohan + Goku vs Jiren. It would be really cool seeing Goku and Gohan working together. And honestly, after all the hype we've gotten from Jiren, I don't think a single fighter should be able to take him. Would be nice to see Goku swallow his pride too, and the only way I see that happening is when he has no alternatives

I really hope the transformation that Goku's been holding back is insufficient. I want him to be easy-work for Jiren 1v1.

LotusHD

Banned
It really does feel like this tournament arc came way too early. They could've built on a few of the universes in arcs before finally delving into this tournament of power. Really hard to care for any universe that isn't 7. We only cared about U10 because of Gowasu lol.

Them not jobbing would've helped.

caliph95

And that loli Angel was sad for a second

But the dude Gohan fought for five minutes has a family don't you care you monster

Its also hard when most of them are jokes, hard to care for u10 when all they have done is be jokes and might as well be faceless mooks

Them not jobbing would've helped.
This

I don't think the tourney came early. Part of it only works because a lot of these guys are still mysteries so it's more fun to see everyone showcasing their powers/strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom