• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

I don't think the thread titles have been spoilery

then again the dub watchers start spoilered anyway for what...at least six months?

something is gonna give if you are deliberately catching up almost two years later. the thread titles haven't been maliciously spoilery. we don't go making new threads with every new development. I have friends who are watching the dubs too, and I am careful around them, but there's a limit to the accomodations for people intentionally going late

if Dragon Ball FighterZ starts adding Super stuff we ain't gonna stop making threads about the game just so people can not watch the sub

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
My cable provider uses a picture of Goku going SSBKK for the little description of Dragon Ball Super and has had it since the dub started airing. It's kind of funny

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
My cable provider uses a picture of Goku going SSBKK for the little description of Dragon Ball Super and has had it since the dub started airing. It's kind of funny

People on this very forum are sporting avatars of characters and scenes that show up way past where the dub is so...

Skeeter49

I was about to post on Toonami Gaf on Saturday, but had the common sense last second that it wouldn't be a good idea with my avatar.

Though mine doesn't even look like Caulifla.

HeroR

Expected, but happy about it.
Hit and Beerus next please.

I'll be more surprise if we get any characters from the original Dragon Ball like Tao or King Piccolo since Namco seems to be determine to pretend that Dragon Ball was only Z and now Super outside of Heroes.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'll be more surprise if we get any characters from the original Dragon Ball like Tao or King Piccolo since Namco seems to be determine to pretend that Dragon Ball was only Z and now Super outside of Heroes.

The producer already said no Tao :(

HeroR

The producer already said no Tao :(

Not surprised, but still disappointed. Maybe if I wish upon a star I can at least get King Piccolo, and no his crappy expy Lord Slug doesn't count. I mean, he's like the original villain who really pushed Dragon Ball into the direction that everyone knows, yet he can't seem to get into any games.

Maybe they'll take stuff from the manga? Vegeta has Gamma Burst Flash for one.

But that's technique looks like the Final Flash except Vegeta has his hands in a slightly different position. Besides, can we give Vegeta something that isn't a different color ki attack?

Tien seems like a lock, so I'm just hoping for 17 and Hit. Beerus I could wait on, because I feel he might fight for real soon, and I don't want us to get locked into a situation where he doesn't get changed.

LotusHD

Banned
But that's technique looks like the Final Flash except Vegeta has his hands in a slightly different position. Besides, can we give Vegeta something that isn't a different color ki attack?

Well I dunno what else they'll do, my memory's a blank as to how else he stands out...

I hope if we are lucky to get any of the 3 Zamasus, they don't take anything from the manga.

Agreed.

Tien seems like a lock, so I'm just hoping for 17 and Hit. Beerus I could wait on, because I feel he might fight for real soon, and I don't want us to get locked into a situation where he doesn't get changed.

Nah, that'd be lame, just give us Beerus now.

HeroR

Well I dunno what else they'll do, my memory's a blank as to how else he stands out...

That is kind of my issue with Vegeta. He's more or less a discounted Goku because although he maybe strong or stronger than Goku, he's nowhere near diverse moveset wise. All of Vegeta's signature techniques are just him making different energy attacks which just amounts to bigger explosions, while Goku has the Kaioken that multiple his strength, can teleport, can blind people with the Solar Flare, has the After Image, can collect energy and make a giant ball, and recently learned the Evil Containment Wave and Haki if we dare to use the Super manga.

Gohan has a similar problem, especially since he has been using the Kamehameha more lately instead of his one original technique, which makes watching him fight somewhat boring. That and he isn't as clever as many other characters in the series.

Both of them needs a shot in the arm with unique techniques or get a gimmick like the androids with their endless energy.

NEO0MJ

Not surprised, but still disappointed. Maybe if I wish upon a star I can at least get King Piccolo, and no his crappy expy Lord Slug doesn't count. I mean, he's like the original villain who really pushed Dragon Ball into the direction that everyone knows, yet he can't seem to get into any games.

Yeah, he kinda set the scale for Z. As for why he doesn't show up much, aside from most games focusing on Z I imagine devs feel Piccolo jr is good enough.

Gokario

GlUxdoG.png

Galick Ho, downwards with an area of effect.... I got nothing else, unless we go with Majin Vegeta attacks.

Edit: Oh, and the attack he used to kill Cui. Is not on Super Vegeta moveset, right?

Zaverious

Just looked at Vegeta's moves in the wiki. Man, Toriyama did him dirty...

That feel when I realized that Vegeta used Galick Gun, Final Flash, and Big Bang Attack once in the original manga. The video games made me think he used those moves more often. He'd use that dumb ki volley that never works though.

HeroR

lol it's not even RoF outfits. Bandai please.

Why would they? They haven't worn them in over a year and in one original story arc in Super.

That feel when I realized that Vegeta used Galick Gun, Final Flash, and Big Bang Attack once in the original manga. The video games made me think he used those moves more often. He'd use that dumb ki volley that never works though.

It does work, if you're Future 17 and 18. Just ask Future Gohan.

They even toned down Vegeta's muscles from the Super Vegeta model.
Anyways... CAN THEY PLEASE STOP USING THE TERM SSGSS

It will never die :p

And I can't say I'm upset about them toning down the muscles of Super Vegeta's muscles since I always felt the bulky Super Saiyan forms looked stupid.

They even toned down Vegeta's muscles from the Super Vegeta model, glad about that. Blue Goku also has different hair than Super Saiyan.

And I can't say I'm upset about them toning down the muscles of Super Vegeta's muscles since I always felt the bulky Super Saiyan forms looked stupid.

No, I'm saying Blue Vegeta's muscles are toned down from Super Vegeta's instead of them just recoloring the model.

Sony

Nintendo
They even toned down Vegeta's muscles from the Super Vegeta model, glad about that. Blue Goku also has different hair than Super Saiyan.

Yeah, they should use ASSWASAASSGYISNASSGINTSSOT
a Super Saiyan who's as strong as a Super Saiyan God, yet is not a Super Saiyan God, is now the Super Saiyan of that

No love for GT in FighterZ? :(

It's 2 1 hours specials over 2 weeks, I'm not so sure it's a crossover. If it was a crossover I'd think they'd just do a 2 hour special like the most recent One Piece special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom