• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... I just spent 16 dollars for some stones... still only have 3...

Does it take a while to arrive? Nothing in my gifts... Who should I contact for this? It has only been 5 minutes... should I be worried yet?

I saw that the money went through too so it isn't like I accidentally didn't pay...

I had this issue a week or so back... took a couple hours for whatever glitch occured to settle (usually it's instant).

E the Shaggy

Pulls have been pretty good to me. Got 3 URs in my time playing (SSJ Vegeta, SSJ Bardock and recently Majin Buu)

What's the best place to get those Goku awakening coins and the Android ones?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Haha, this is what I have planned to do.

Also, I've been doing some research and LR INT Perfect Cell seems great. 30% to ATK for ALL types? That even beats Bardock, although Cell's links aren't nearly as good. Also, apparently his passive gets an increase to 40% ATK/DEF at the start of his turn.

I've heard the medals to actually awaken him is ridiculously difficult to get, though, and you need ten of them. :/
Yep you need to start preparing a team now that can take down Cell in the event. Look for people that will get the Soul VS Soul link. It's a pretty limited list but does include Pikkon who's basically a free unit

I can almost make a full Frieza rainbow team after Dokkan, I'll have to use King Cold for the last slot though.
King Cold and 2nd, 3rd, and Final Form Freeza get updated with the Strongest Clan link in Japan so it's not a bad team to go with.

I think a future Dokkan fes character will be Max Power Freeza. Hopefully he's PHY, that's the one type Freeza's missing

chrono01

Yep you need to start preparing a team now that can take down Cell in the event. Look for people that will get the Soul VS Soul link. It's a pretty limited list but does include Pikkon who's basically a free unit
Pikkon, huh? Thanks. I already have him, but I'll work on getting him leveled now, as well as increasing his Super.

I know I still have a while until Cell's LR is incorporated, but I'd like to start preparing now if I could.

I didn't say it was easy. =x
Haha, true enough! At least I have a goal to work towards now, so that's something.

Skii

I just got my second today let me feel myself lol.

Then again I rerolled for my first so does it really count

haha fair play. At least you got a top tier SSR. It's worth keeping the account for now.

I burned all my stones and ended up with nothing lol. Time to retire this account and keep it as a helper account if I manage to casually reroll something decent in the next couple weeks or so. If not then I'm pretty much done with the game I'm afraid.

Yeah it is so disheartening. I don't enjoy dokkan battle anymore. Feels like such a chore and the fact that only SSRs are worth giving a damn about makes this a very poor game for long term players. Even though I can probably farm 200 stones on this account, I feel like "why bother?" lol.

Japan on the other hand is just so much better because of the rate ups xD.

Pikkon, huh? Thanks. I already have him, but I'll work on getting him leveled now, as well as increasing his Super.

I know I still have a while until Cell's LR is incorporated, but I'd like to start preparing now if I could.

Haha, true enough! At least I have a goal to work towards now, so that's something.

You have the best account for that dokkan festival when it comes. 2 SSR INT characters as your big damage with Pikkon/Android 16/Trunks to get rid of his regeneration effect. You won't have any trouble imo. Just get those characters to level 100.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah I forgot that there's 2 other free units in the two new strike characters.

waHpGlF.png

There's not a lot in the game right now that have the link. I probably got rid of that #16 recently lol

Skii

Yeah I forgot that there's 2 other free units in the two new strike characters.

There's not a lot in the game right now that have the link. I probably got rid of that #16 recently lol

It's not out yet lol. The strike event for that just came out in Japan recently.

EDIT: Oh you meant the rare one. They are useless for these events anyway.

chrono01

You have the best account for that dokkan festival when it comes. 2 SSR INT characters as your big damage with Pikkon/Android 16/Trunks to get rid of his regeneration effect. You won't have any trouble imo. Just get those characters to level 100.
Thanks man, sounds good! I already have my Golden Freeza to 80, but I need to wait until WED for the INT event so I can get a few more medals. Perfect Cell is 62, and again, need some of the more common medals to awaken him. I should be able to manage both on WED, assuming my luck is decent. I'll work on Pikkon afterwards.

Quick question, how does Pikkon stop his regeneration? I've check the passive skills and I can't see anything that would stop that, unless there's another Pikkon aside from the event one? In that case, I'm out of luck, as the event Pikkon is the only one I have. :/

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's not out yet lol. The strike event for that just came out in Japan recently.

EDIT: Oh you meant the rare one. They are useless for these events anyway.

Really? I saw people running the Broly event with just characters that link, including the awful Rs. I'm banking on that working when Broly comes back cause I mostly have those crappy Rs.

Then again we don't know how effective those awful Rs will be against Cell yet

I hope the Broly event comes back soon, was lucky enough to pull him

Quick question, how does Pikkon stop his regeneration? I've check the passive skills and I can't see anything that would stop that, unless there's another Pikkon aside from the event one? In that case, I'm out of luck, as the event Pikkon is the only one I have. :/

That link Soul VS Soul specifically gets rid of the 'Regeneration' ability that Cell will have. Pikkon will get updated with that link closer to when the event comes to global.

Kyou

If I didnt have my Cooler-I-mean-Coora I'd probably just walk away from the game. Looking forward to dokkan awakening him.

Hopefully they step it up with more content because the gatcha being the primary way to get new good characters is kinda fucked and really making the game a bore because your team is never getting shuffled and the meta is never really changing.

Skii

Thanks man, sounds good! I already have my Golden Freeza to 80, but I need to wait until WED for the INT event so I can get a few more medals. Perfect Cell is 62, and again, need some of the more common medals to awaken him. I should be able to manage both on WED, assuming my luck is decent. I'll work on Pikkon afterwards.

Yeah as Pretty Panda said, the strike Pikkon is the correct one. It's just not been updated yet.

Really? I saw people running the Broly event with just characters that link, including the awful Rs. I'm banking on that working when Broly comes back cause I mostly have those crappy Rs.

Then again we don't know how effective those awful Rs will be against Cell yet

I hope the Broly event comes back soon, was lucky enough to pull him

That link Soul VS Soul specifically gets rid of the 'Regeneration' ability that Cell will have. Pikkon will get updated with that link closer to when the event comes to global.

Did anyone legitimately beat Broly with Rs? I didn't ever see it happen. I saw someone do it without stones but they had all SSR goku family, SSG, Mighty mask and King Vegeta.

Yeah it is so disheartening. I don't enjoy dokkan battle anymore. Feels like such a chore and the fact that only SSRs are worth giving a damn about makes this a very poor game for long term players. Even though I can probably farm 200 stones on this account, I feel like "why bother?" lol.

Japan on the other hand is just so much better because of the rate ups xD.

True that. It's super disheartening but I'm thankful that I never spent money on the game. I'd probably be on a downwards spiral of depression and further spending if I'd been spending huge cash on multi rolls and getting next to nothing. I've seen the JP banners and I'm seriously jealous. They look like they've got multiple good things going on at once and that's great. (I would probably, honestly throw some money in if I could get SSRs on a semi-regular basis lol)

But you know, there's a lot less pressure now that I've pretty much abandoned my account. Now I can do a couple rerolls a day while playing Neko Atsume or something lmao.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
True that. It's super disheartening but I'm thankful that I never spent money on the game. I'd probably be on a downwards spiral of depression and further spending if I'd been spending huge cash on multi rolls and getting next to nothing. I've seen the JP banners and I'm seriously jealous. They look like they've got multiple good things going on at once and that's great. (I would probably, honestly throw some money in if I could get SSRs on a semi-regular basis lol)

But you know, there's a lot less pressure now that I've pretty much abandoned my account. Now I can do a couple rerolls a day while playing Neko Atsume or something lmao.

The JPN game is what, 6 months ahead of global? Would it at all be likely we see the same thing happening in global in 6 months? Or maybe sooner if they see the active player count drop off sooner?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Did anyone legitimately beat Broly with Rs? I didn't ever see it happen. I saw someone do it without stones but they had all SSR goku family, SSG, Mighty mask and King Vegeta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoH0U0pAQBk

I think my team is looking better than his right now since I have the Broly Goku and Saiyaman 2. Also might be able to go in with only 1 R if I get this King Vegeta soon.

I think this guy could have beaten Broly using less items if he used less Ki orbs on his SSJ2 Goku (would often go overboard with saving blue for him when he only needed like 4 ki to hit super) and focused on supering with his SSJ1 Goku since he has the link and I feel like he'd do more.

Actually now that I think about it I'm pretty well equipped for Broly lol. Also have Kaioken Goku who can hit super dumb numbers with his super.

The JPN game is what, 6 months ahead of global? Would it at all be likely we see the same thing happening in global in 6 months? Or maybe sooner if they see the active player count drop off sooner?

I've always wondered that myself, whether these guys are just taking the old builds of the game/servers/content and pushing them out with a localization. I think some people were adamant that there were rate ups on most of these events when they released in JP though so I don't know anymore. I'll be taking it nice and easy from hereon in though regardless hah.

linkent

So Police Krillin is farmble.
Seems to randomly appear on map.
Got him on ZHard Problem Solved.
But those awakening medal grind -__-
So tired after Android 13, and now there are more and more.

Aurizen

So Police Krillin is farmble.
Seems to randomly appear on map.
Got him on ZHard Problem Solved.
But those awakening medal grind -__-
So tired after Android 13, and now there are more and more.

I feel your pain, I'm half way with Android 13 metals. I'm working on Krillin and SSGSS goku... Any level has it easier to get the metals?

Man the energy costs for the event is high. But I've been spoiled by the story rates atm lol. Also god damn! Used a SSG Goku as a friend unit, did 91k on an enemy and was just level 81!!! O_O

chrono01

Wait, am I reading this right that they're giving away SSGSS goku?!
Yes and no.

Yes, it's a SSGSS Goku.
No, it's not the AGL one that you get from the gatcha. He's INT instead, with different stats/abilities.

Still a solid unit, though!

Kyou

I know these are planned way in advance but a free ssgss goku and like 30 free gems sure feels like an "oh god please don't quit" move

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I know these are planned way in advance but a free ssgss goku and like 30 free gems sure feels like an "oh god please don't quit" move

I'm assuming this one is a SR SSGSS Goku that needs to be D-Awakened to SSR.

Cromat

Nope, each of the Dokkan-awakened have different abilities/passives/stats. While it'll share the same type, everything else will be different.

Oh good, otherwise I'd be a little sore about pulling him haha. In any case I won't be able to have two Golden Freezas on the same team right?

linkent

I feel your pain, I'm half way with Android 13 metals. I'm working on Krillin and SSGSS goku... Any level has it easier to get the metals?

High level training?(cant remember the exact title)
Seems to give good exp for character, medal drop from the respective character, good zeni and chance for gold capsule.

Correct, from what I see you can only have one, but you can use the lesser forms [such as Mecha Freeza] to link with your Golden Freeza.

Here's a link to show the differences between them all:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB...pan_golden_frieza_properties_from_different/?

I think it is possible to do the 2 same unit in 1 team trick for golden frieza.
Use your rare frieza as leader.
Put mecha in your team.
Dokkan it.
2 golden int frieza in 1 team.
Dont think they linked, but you can put another mecha in that team which link with both and become a solid INT team.

Cromat

Correct, from what I see you can only have one, but you can use the lesser forms [such as Mecha Freeza] to link with your Golden Freeza.

Here's a link to show the differences between them all:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB...pan_golden_frieza_properties_from_different/?

Thanks, seems like there's much less of an incentive for me to Dokkan Awaken, Mecha Freeza links great with the one I got from he summon event and I can also have the AGI one from the Bardock event with them on the same team.

chrono01

High level training?(cant remember the exact title)
Seems to give good exp for character, medal drop from the respective character, good zeni and chance for gold capsule.

I think it is possible to do the 2 same unit in 1 team trick for golden frieza.
Use your rare frieza as leader.
Put mecha in your team.
Dokkan it.
2 golden int frieza in 1 team.
Dont think they linked, but you can put another mecha in that team which link with both and become a solid INT team.
True, I didn't think of that. The only thing is, once you do it you can't remove him anymore, but I might dedicate one of the later slots to this just in-case.

linkent

True, I didn't think of that. The only thing is, once you do it you can't remove him anymore, but I might dedicate one of the later slots to this just in-case.
So did you reroll another account?
Really wanted that Goku too, but i couldnt imagine regrinding all those android13 and gohan medals. :(

chrono01

So did you reroll another account?
Really wanted that Goku too, but i couldnt imagine regrinding all those android13 and gohan medals. :(
Nope, I didn't. As you do, I still really want SSGSS Goku, but I've invested too much of my time to re-roll now. It probably helps that I managed two SSR from the mass of pulls I did trying for SSGSS Goku [those two being Golden Freeza and Perfect Cell, the latter supposedly being an amazing leader once we Dokkan awaken him], not to mention the various SR such as STR/AGL Roshi.

The game is still young, I'm hopeful that I'll still manage to pull SSGSS Goku one of these days.

linkent

Nope, I didn't. As you do, I still really want SSGSS Goku, but I've invested too much of my time to re-roll now. It probably helps that I managed two SSR from the mass of pulls I did trying for SSGSS Goku [those two being Golden Freeza and Perfect Cell, the latter supposedly being an amazing leader once we Dokkan awaken him], not to mention the various SR such as STR/AGL Roshi.

The game is still young, I'm hopeful that I'll still manage to pull SSGSS Goku one of these days.
One day indeed.
Those 2 are great. At least you've got something to look forward to.
I will just slowly enjoy the game, do the new events, and just logging in for bonus when there is none.
Just got another supreme kai from one of the mission, dont have anyone to use it for :/

chrono01

One day indeed.
Those 2 are great. At least you've got something to look forward to.
I will just slowly enjoy the game, do the new events, and just logging in for bonus when there is none.
Just got another supreme kai from one of the mission, dont have anyone to use it for :/
Yeah, for sure. It's nice to have a "project" to work towards, and I share your view of taking it one day at a time. I'd like to see Global increase the rates to closely match those of the Japanese version, but the game isn't even six months old yet so there's plenty of time.

Shame about that Supreme Kai, but at least they don't have expiration dates! Maybe one day you'll get your chance to use it on SSGSS Goku. Never give up hope!

Holy cow. The passive for awakening 2nd form STR Frieza into Golden:
Disables guard and lowers DEF by 50%

That's craaazy.

I'm having a wonderful problem, because I have 2 UR AGLs, 1 UR INT, and 1 UR STR, so I have no clue how to round out my team.

Defense reduction (and improvement) isn't quite as strong as it sounds, but it's a nice increase. 3rd Form's passive going from +1 Ki to +2 Ki is a much bigger boost, in my opinion.

The fact that it does that AND disables guard is what make it great, though.

I do like the 3rd Form one. I currently have AGL 1st Form, 2nd Form, and 3rd Form. I'll probably end up awakening the 3rd form one.

StMeph

The fact that it does that AND disables guard is what make it great, though.

I do like the 3rd Form one. I currently have AGL 1st Form, 2nd Form, and 3rd Form. I'll probably end up awakening the 3rd form one.

If you don't have a duplicate, I still suggest just using SA10 Mecha Frieza. I don't think it's worth trading up from 3rd Form to Golden and lose the team slot for it, unless you have a specific build in mind already. Stacking Friezas is an easy path to teambuilding as you're guaranteed a bunch of links with everyone regardless of position.

Looking at the list... really not sure which one to go for... The ones with the best passives, I already have UR for... It's a really good problem to have, but it's still a problem.

INT I have SSJ Gohan, TEQ Final Form, and STR SSJ2 gohan.... Hmm, no PHY Frieza so I guess get the AGL one... but his passive is weak as shit for a rainbow team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom