• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't have a duplicate, I still suggest just using SA10 Mecha Frieza. I don't think it's worth trading up from 3rd Form to Golden and lose the team slot for it, unless you have a specific build in mind already. Stacking Friezas is an easy path to teambuilding as you're guaranteed a bunch of links with everyone regardless of position.

I may do that, but I have a surplus of INT characters already, including the natural SSR SS Gohan that links with my AGL SSJ2 Goku and STR SSJ2 Gohan. I may build a new team, but I really like having those 3.

Skii

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoH0U0pAQBk

I think my team is looking better than his right now since I have the Broly Goku and Saiyaman 2. Also might be able to go in with only 1 R if I get this King Vegeta soon.

I think this guy could have beaten Broly using less items if he used less Ki orbs on his SSJ2 Goku (would often go overboard with saving blue for him when he only needed like 4 ki to hit super) and focused on supering with his SSJ1 Goku since he has the link and I feel like he'd do more.

Actually now that I think about it I'm pretty well equipped for Broly lol. Also have Kaioken Goku who can hit super dumb numbers with his super.

Wow, watching that, I think I could've managed Broly! I just heard 1.5m hp and everyone hacking to beat him so I thought it was impossible lol. I'll be ready if it ever returns.

wotter

My first pull of this event, I'm happy.

Nbg8lzQ.jpg

chrono01

My first pull of this event, I'm happy.

Nbg8lzQ.jpg
Two SSR, including Golden Freeza? Nicely done!

As for a team of Freeza, unfortunately I only have Mecha and 1st Form [AGL version, at that]. I have Chilled, King Cold, Perfect Cell/etc., but no other Freeza forms. :/

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Gotta say, SSGSS Goku is not all he's cracked up to be. Figured this before getting the card and now that I have him just cements it even more. Currently have him hitting for slightly more than PHY SSJ Gohan. Kinda underwhelming for the most part. His amazingly high base atk and low Ki line is what makes him worth using. His leader skill is run of the mill and I'm kind of not a fan of the trip color atk +30%. Passive is conditional and there's no good way of using it without babying the unit (play around with orbs specifically to set up a big blue or only use him on a AGL only team with a +3 Ki leader). His links will make him extremely strong but the pool if characters that share the best links (God Warrior, Super God Fight) is tiny. Also none of his links provide him with any Ki, limiting his passive even more.

Basically he's got amazing attack if he's next to his BFF SSGSS Vegeta but other than that not super great.

He's not the best like some claim but goddamn I wish he was cause I have him

Savitar

I think rates are getting better

Hahahahaha.

I'm not saying I did anything stupid like suddenly get a hundred stones or anything....I'm not even saying I even got two hundred mysteriously suddenly......I'm not even saying that I didn't still get one single damn SSR at all let alone a God.

I'm not saying any of that.

;_;

I need to go rock back and forth in the shower now at what I've so not done.

chrono01

Hahahahaha.

I'm not saying I did anything stupid like suddenly get a hundred stones or anything....I'm not even saying I even got two hundred mysteriously suddenly......I'm not even saying that I didn't still get one single damn SSR at all let alone a God.

I'm not saying any of that.

;_;

I need to go rock back and forth in the shower now at what I've so not done.
It's a good thing none of that happened then!

I'm sorry.

Also, event SSG Goku going out now! I finally have him. Well...a version of him. I'll take it.

Cromat

Gotta say, SSGSS Goku is not all he's cracked up to be. Figured this before getting the card and now that I have him just cements it even more. Currently have him hitting for slightly more than PHY SSJ Gohan. Kinda underwhelming for the most part. His amazingly high base atk and low Ki line is what makes him worth using. His leader skill is run of the mill and I'm kind of not a fan of the trip color atk +30%. Passive is conditional and there's no good way of using it without babying the unit (play around with orbs specifically to set up a big blue or only use him on a AGL only team with a +3 Ki leader). His links will make him extremely strong but the pool if characters that share the best links (God Warrior, Super God Fight) is tiny. Also none of his links provide him with any Ki, limiting his passive even more.

Basically he's got amazing attack if he's next to his BFF SSGSS Vegeta but other than that not super great.

I still think the overall best SSR in Global is SSJ2 Gohan... he's just fantastic.

Aurizen

Anyone know whats the best stage to get Bulma and Jaco? They aren't dropping in Indefectible Invasion and Pilaf's Back for More

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

I think only that one Japanese site claimed he was best, the Dokkan subreddit says SSG Goku is best overall.

That said, only 1 other carf on the reddit SSR top 10 tier list is in global alongside SSGSS Goku, that being STR SS Goku.

I'm guessing STR SS2 Teen Gohan missed the cut now with all the recent additions to the JP roster.

Skii

I think only that one Japanese site claimed he was best, the Dokkan subreddit says SSG Goku is best overall.

That said, only 1 other carf on the reddit SSR top 10 tier list is in global alongside SSGSS Goku, that being STR SS Goku.

I'm guessing STR SS2 Teen Gohan missed the cut now with all the recent additions to the JP roster.

That's not the right Goku. That's the new Goku from the Broly event. The only top 10 character in global at the moment is SSGSS and even then, a lot of people think he's overhyped. Personally, the likes of Mystic Gohan are far better than him.

weshes195

WHOA! Didn't realize we were getting SSSSS Goku!!!! I know some people have epic cards so he probably isn't as good as their best, but he is BY FAR the best of all my cards lol

SWEET!

chrono01

I can't wait for the INT event tomorrow, I want to awaken my Golden Freeza/Perfect Cell.

Oh, speaking of. I'm not sure what it's like for other special animations [I still need to see SSGSS Goku, I want to see SSGSS], but Golden Freeza is great. That visual. O_O

chrono01

How does it compare to the STR SS2 Teen Gohan one? Or are the catastrophic super animations the same?

Haven't done a super yet with my SSR SSGSS Goku to check.
I can't remember the SSJ2 Gohan super right now [I've only seen it once or twice], but Golden Freeza's version has him fire an energy blast from space [looking like it decimates the planet], with an after-shot of the explosion appearing from beneath the character you're attacking and exploding upwards.

I'm pretty sure Golden Freeza destroys the planet.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
How does it compare to the STR SS2 Teen Gohan one? Or are the catastrophic super animations the same?

Haven't done a super yet with my SSR SSGSS Goku to check.

He blows up earth and you see it exploding, better than any of the mushroom clouds coming from kamehamehas and stuff

Aurizen

anyone gotten multiple bulma's or Beerus? I decided to not awaken Krillin since i won't have a use for him and only work on SSGSS Goku

Edit i also see "Reward: Clear The Greatest Challenge for (1) Dragon Stones on each Difficulty for a total of (3)"

I guess that is coming with part 2 of the event so we can get the 2 stones?

Wazzy

Banned
So I semi quit this for awhile but was still logging in every day and doing events with characters I liked(Gohan) and had some stones saved up. Reason I quit is pulls were so bad and tried really hard for bardock and Gohan but ended up with nothing.

Anyway, did three multi pulls, first was garbage, second gave me GFrieza SSR and third gave me SSRSSGG who I'm assuming is good? All in all I'm very happy I was able to pull the two units advertised :D

chrono01

So I semi quit this for awhile but was still logging in every day and doing events with characters I liked(Gohan) and had some stones saved up. Reason I quit is pulls were so bad and tried really hard for bardock and Gohan but ended up with nothing.

Anyway, did three multi pulls, first was garbage, second gave me GFrieza SSR and third gave me SSRSSGG who I'm assuming is good? All in all I'm very happy I was able to pull the two units advertised :D
The Gatcha God returns! Welcome back, and congrats on those pulls. :)

Wazzy

Banned
The Gatcha God returns! Welcome back, and congrats on those pulls. :)
LOL I can't even take that title for this game. I did so many pulls before, some paid even and got jack which made me want to quit. The drop rate is awful in this game and I just got really lucky on this banner. xD

chrono01

LOL I can't even take that title for this game. I did so many pulls before, some paid even and got jack which made me want to quit. The drop rate is awful in this game and I just got really lucky on this banner. xD
Too bad! You pulled two of the most desirable units right now in Global, and during a single event. I did 9 multi-summon and only got one of them [Golden Freeza] along with a Perfect Cell.

So guess what? You're going to have to live with your "Gatcha God" title!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I really hope the fact that the Countdown to Resurrection event lasts the entire month means we're getting nothing else new until then.

Cromat

Now that I've awakened him, Golden Freeza truly is spectacular especially with his easy links with Mecha Freeza and Cyborg Tao. Feels like a watershed moment for my account, I've never had a +20% ATK/HP leader before and now that I can stack two of them I regularly hit 70k HP.

I recommend grinding the Beerus/Whis/Goku/Vegeta stages on Z-Hard, they give a ton of money and EXP (not to mention the medals you need for SSB Goku).

Kyou

Now that I've awakened him, Golden Freeza truly is spectacular especially with his easy links with Mecha Freeza and Cyborg Tao. Feels like a watershed moment for my account, I've never had a +20% ATK/HP leader before and now that I can stack two of them I regularly hit 70k HP.

I recommend grinding the Beerus/Whis/Goku/Vegeta stages on Z-Hard, they give a ton of money and EXP (not to mention the medals you need for SSB Goku).

Yeah it's a great level for everything, except I've had to pull away from grinding it to try and get some Bulmas and Jacos, both of which are becoming annoying.

"Oh hey it's Jaco, there's only a slim chance he'd be here AND I have the right numbers to land on him. Okay I beat him. Oh, a bronze training item. Okay. Great. Thanks."

Cruxist

Well, the event broke me. Restarting my global account. Re-rolled until I got SSR Vegeta (not the best but whatever).

I'm going to try and get all the stones and just build my team from the guaranteed drops you don't have to spend dragon stones on. Wish me luck!

Skii

I got a SSGSS account from a friend but I really can't be bothered playing everything again for a third time in the hope I pull something decent.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If I were to reroll I would go for Kaioken Goku, sit on it, and use everything when SSG comes out.

If you've ever used those 2 next to each other theyre nuts. Give each other 5 ki and both want to super bad.

Skii

If I were to reroll I would go for Kaioken Goku, sit on it, and use everything when SSG comes out.

If you've ever used those 2 next to each other theyre nuts. Give each other 5 ki and both want to super bad.

Yeah, they are half of the magic 4 that have been OP in Japan dokkan battle until Broly's release. Just need Beerus and Mystic Gohan to complete the set. Ridiculous links, skills and just overall power.

chrono01

Yeah, he's great. This is what's capable from a Level 81 Golden Freeza. I know, several of you have probably already hit for over 100k, but this is my first.

Goodbye, planet.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah, they are half of the magic 4 that have been OP in Japan dokkan battle until Broly's release. Just need Beerus and Mystic Gohan to complete the set. Ridiculous links, skills and just overall power.

What would you say is better than that now after Broly? Broly lead with a bunch of STR and a TEQ or two? I imagine SSJ3 Goku and Beerus killing everything regardless of type under Broly's leader skill

Skii

What would you say is better than that now after Broly? Broly lead with a bunch of STR and a TEQ or two? I imagine SSJ3 Goku and Beerus killing everything regardless of type under Broly's leader skill

Yeah I'd imagine it would be:

1. LR Broly
2. Beerus
3. SSG
4. Kaioken
5. SSJ3
6. TEQ Whis (I don't remember if his stun ability is leader/passive but if its passive, he'd definitely make it).

honourable mentions are: SSJ1 Family Goku, Mystic Gohan, SSGSS Goku/SSGSS Vegeta, Vegito. They are all really solid units as well.

That is the best team at the moment for me in Japan. Dunno how the Cell game units will affect it.

I mustered up for 1 more single pull but got a R Cell Jr. :( At least give me an SR! :x

I got Perfect Cell and farming awakening medals is taking up my time and energy. At least it gives good experience. If you plan on restarting, now is the time to do it with low energy cost and x2 experience. If I didn't have so many good characters, I'd be tempted just to reroll till I got SSG Goku after getting 5 stones each time after the initial pull lol.

mhkltwu.jpg

3rd draw in the game. Got some SRs but why did one have to be a double. How great is the effect of raising the super level of a character?

Ergh...after a lot of Android 13s, Dodorias and Cuis, I ended up rolling a Golden Frieza. Not sure what to make of it, but I'm gonna keep on rerolling a little while longer heh.

pmx7

Neo Member
I dropped 150 stones on this event I'd been saving...got a bunch of SR's and horrible Cui's, Yamchas's...until my final single summon, when a wild SSR TEQ Final Form Freiza appeared. Not the golden I was after but damn I was glad to get him.

Alright, as I posted earlier I lucked out and on my 2nd pull from the new event I got Golden Frieza. I already had all the other Frieza forms (both str 1st forms, agl 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ssr final) and want to use them as a team.

My questions:

- Would it be better to Dokkan one of these non-gold Friezas and use them instead of natural Golden Frieza?
- What's my most optimal team setup, including leader (taking into account any potential Dokkan choice)?

Right now I've got SSR Gold Frieza as lead with all the other forms present (AGL 1st form) but I'm leaning towards swapping the AGL 1st form for one of the STR 1st forms. I'm not sure if it's more valuable to have color variety or more valuable to get the leader boost across all of the characters.

Kyou

do you guys think we're gonna get resurrection of f part 2 gatcha event right after this one finishes or is it going to be a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom