• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Alright, as I posted earlier I lucked out and on my 2nd pull from the new event I got Golden Frieza. I already had all the other Frieza forms (both str 1st forms, agl 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ssr final) and want to use them as a team.

My questions:

- Would it be better to Dokkan one of these non-gold Friezas and use them instead of natural Golden Frieza?
- What's my most optimal team setup, including leader (taking into account any potential Dokkan choice)?

Right now I've got SSR Gold Frieza as lead with all the other forms present (AGL 1st form) but I'm leaning towards swapping the AGL 1st form for one of the STR 1st forms. I'm not sure if it's more valuable to have color variety or more valuable to get the leader boost across all of the characters.

Regular Golden Freeza trumps any Dokkan'd Freeza. Well except the one Dokkan'd from Final Form Freeza, but that's because they're nearly identical with the only differences being card art, name, and type. Don't waste your time gathering dokkan medals unless you have duplicate of any of your freeza cards and want to add that Golden Freeza to your mono type team.

AGL First Form Freeza is butt. If you have the first form STR Freeza that boosts himself 1500 attack use that guy instead. Use Golden or Final Form as leader, doesn't matter since they're the exact same.

Wazzy

Banned
Too bad! You pulled two of the most desirable units right now in Global, and during a single event. I did 9 multi-summon and only got one of them [Golden Freeza] along with a Perfect Cell.

So guess what? You're going to have to live with your "Gatcha God" title!
Well at least your new Frieza is awesome :D

Getting new SSR really brought me back so I've started finishing story stuff and new events.

My STR team is looking pretty good after the last multipull. Gotta get more awakening medals for Bardock today.

fDw1gKkl.jpg

First world problem... An SSR I can't fit onto my team...

GJAqBSU.jpg

He could replace the kid goku on my team... But then I have to give up my second ssj gohan, and it's just not worth it since kaioken has shitty links in comparison. Like super shitty.

Flambe

Well, restarted with a SSGSS Goku account. Mixed feelings starting out Rank 1 again with all my strike characters/medals/etc gone but can get dragon stones again at least lol.

Now the question of pulling during this event still for Golden Frieza or waiting for SSGSS Vegeta?

Savitar

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Remember how I so did nothing before?

Well I sorta did nothing again.

Because.

Okay that's a lie I did because I got a Agi SSGSS Goku!

Woot! Need to level him up, need two more damn uncle Gohan medals to fully awaken him too.

So that was a thing that happened.

I had one more roll left and was hoping for Golden Frizea.

I got another AGI SSGSS Goku.

First world problem... An SSR I can't fit onto my team...

He could replace the kid goku on my team... But then I have to give up my second ssj gohan, and it's just not worth it since kaioken has shitty links in comparison. Like super shitty.

I feel your exact pain. I rolled that same SSR, and I already had this beautiful solid team.
Now not only do I have to change it up, I have to get rid of my PHY Gohan since it interferes with UR INT Gohan.

bjork

You will also need the ID number.

Alrighty. I think I'm gonna give mine to someone. I'm just logging in to get daily rewards and doing summons as they become available, but not actually playing. Maybe I'll post the ID and transfer code in here, and if someone wants it. It's like rank 70 and the only UR I have is an AGL Goku that's level 100.

Kyou

I've scrounged up 50 gems, what do you guys think. Go for Goku/Gold Frieza or wait and see what they have for RoF part 2? Theoretically there'd be more good things in the pool right?

thaOwner

Also giving away one of my accounts as well. Level 91 and have some of the following cards available on there:

SSR Goku STR 100 UR
SSR Gonhan INT 100 UR
SSR Piccollo PHY 97 UR
SSR Bojack**** (just need money to make Roshi Medlas to make it a UR)
All forms of Frieza except Final Form and Golden Frieza.
Full Android SR Team, Ginyu SR Team

PM me if you're interested.

chrono01

Well at least your new Frieza is awesome :D

Getting new SSR really brought me back so I've started finishing story stuff and new events.
Yeah, he's great, and Cell [when I can Dokkan him] will be incredible. The latter will take a LONG time though, I'm guessing at least six months.

Still hurts not getting SSGSS Goku, but I'm glad/relieved to see a few here [yourself included] get lucky enough to pull him!

I feel your exact pain. I rolled that same SSR, and I already had this beautiful solid team.
Now not only do I have to change it up, I have to get rid of my PHY Gohan since it interferes with UR INT Gohan.

Pretty much identical position... but I have nothing good PHY to put in Gohan's place... and I literally think the SR awakened SSJ Gohan is way better on this team than Kaioken Goku... seriously why are his links so terrible?

...Kaioken Goku has the best links in the game with the strongest cards in the game. He's a god-tier sub unit next to other top-tier cards (SSG, SSJ3, etc.).

Absolutely bullshit.

All in the Family - Def +2000
Sibling - +1 ki
Kamehameha - Atk +2500 with special
Shocking Speed - +2 Ki

Of those, the only half way decent ones are Kamahameha and Shocking speed. As for as other SSR links, Shocking Speed links with Final Form Frieza... Kamehameha is good, but I've got other SSR that have it and better links compared to everything else.

For comparison:

SSR SSJ Gohan INT
Golden Warrior - Ki+1, opponent Def -2000
Saiyan Warrior Race - ATK +700
Super Saiyan - Atk +10%
Kamehameha - 2500 ATK for super
Gaze of Respect - Ki +2, worthless with who it links with.

Golden Warrior, Saiyan Warrior, and Super Saiyan are pretty much guaranteed on every SSR Super Saiyan card, of which there are a LOT. And it still has Kamehameha, which as far as I can tell is the only half way decent thing about Kaioken as far as links go...

His links are bad, he's a good guy on his own... but with 3 other SSRs, he's not carrying like he might in someone who this is their only SSR, and any time he's not getting a super he's bringing my team down by losing those 2-3 links I'd get by keeping the SR SSJ PHY Gohan who shares the same links as my other two Gohans and any friend SSJs I pick up.

(edit) TLDR: As a single SSR carry he's really good, but in a team full of super saiyans his links hold him back significantly... I also have no idea where you get the idea that he links with some of the best cards in any meaningful way.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Absolutely bullshit.

Sibling - +1 ki
Shocking Speed - +2 Ki

Of those, the only half way decent ones are Kamahameha and Shocking speed. As for as other SSR links, Shocking Speed links with Final Form Frieza... Kamehameha is good, but I've got other SSR that have it and better links compared to everything else.

For comparison:

SSR SSJ Gohan INT
Golden Warrior - Ki+1, opponent Def -2000
Saiyan Warrior Race - ATK +700
Super Saiyan - Atk +10%
Kamehameha - 2500 ATK for super
Gaze of Respect - Ki +2, worthless with who it links with.

Golden Warrior, Saiyan Warrior, and Super Saiyan are pretty much guaranteed on every SSR Super Saiyan card, of which there are a LOT. And it still has Kamehameha, which as far as I can tell is the only half way decent thing about Kaioken as far as links go...

His links are bad, he's a good guy on his own... but with 3 other SSRs, he's not carrying like he might in someone who this is their only SSR, and any time he's not getting a super he's bringing my team down by losing those 2-3 links I'd get by keeping the SR SSJ PHY Gohan who shares the same links as my other two Gohans and any friend SSJs I pick up.

(edit) TLDR: As a single SSR carry he's really good, but in a team full of super saiyans his links hold him back significantly... I also have no idea where you get the idea that he links with some of the best cards in any meaningful way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB...i_5._goku_.28kaioken.29_-_transcending_limits

This ranking is designed to give an approximate idea of the relative power of currently available SSR characters in the Global version of Dokkan Battle. This is intended to provide for people looking to start with the better possible characters at the start of the game.

1. Super Saiyan Bardock - The First Awakened
2. Super Saiyan 2 Goku - The Fruits of Training
3 Super Saiyan 2 Gohan [Teen] - Saiyan Spirit
4. Perfect Cell - Terror Perfected
5. Goku (Kaioken) - Transcending Limits
6. Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (Teen) - Entrusted Mission
7 Frieza (Final Form) - Horror from Hell
8. Whis - Mysterious Mentor
9. Super Saiyan Gohan(Teen) - Successor of the Strongest
10. Super Saiyan Trunks (Teen) -Super Saiyan from the Future

Analysis: Kaioken Goku is another utility leader, however his leader skill only kicks in at <80% health. He has a strong passive that boosts his ATK each turn and is only held back by his links.

&#8226; Link Priorities: Kamehameha > Shocking Speed > Sibling > All in the Family

&#8226; Ideal Team Suggestion: Perfect Cell(LEAD) + Goku (Kaioken) + Frieza (Final Form) + SSJ2 Goku + SSJ Trunks + SSJ Goku

&#8226; Team Breakdown:

Perfect Cell: Messenger From the Future / Kamehameha

Leader Skill: ATK +25% all Types

Goku (Kaioken): Kamehameha / Shocking Speed

Frieza (Final Form): Shocking Speed

SSJ2 Goku: Super Saiyan / Saiyan Warrior Race / Kamehameha / Golden Warrior

SSJ Trunks: Super Saiyan / Messenger From the Future / Golden Warrior / The Vegeta Family

SSJ Goku: Super Saiyan / Saiyan Warrior Race / Kamehameha / Golden Warrior

Hasn't been updated yet with SSGSS Goku or Golden Freeza obviously.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB...i_5._goku_.28kaioken.29_-_transcending_limits

Hasn't been updated yet with SSGSS Goku or Golden Freeza obviously.

Not sure how any of that contradicts what I said... In fact, it clearly states "it has bad links". The tier list also is not taking links directly into consideration when it comes to individual teams. There are no current SSRs I have I'd be willing to replace in my rainbow team. It's lucky my blue spot is occupied by child goku and therefore and easy switch out... except, again, because I did the trick to have 2 SSJ gohan's on my team, I can't switch out any members without giving one of the two up... which I'm unwilling to do.

I'd essentially be giving up an amazing link machine who is really strong in his own right and my best PHY fighter, to only get a moderate boost to the AGL section of my rainbow team.

That said, it's an obvious inclusion in my blue team... But until I get an actual good replacement for PHY Gohan, he's dead for me in my rainbow team.

XiaNaphryz

Not sure how any of that contradicts what I said...

I didn't say it was, just adding to the conversation.

And yeah, that tier list is more about creating the best teams possible, not necessarily which characters are the best/most flexible to use for any team.

Still better than the JP one people used to refer to all the time that didn't take any links into account.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Absolutely bullshit.

Sibling - +1 ki
Shocking Speed - +2 Ki

Right now and for your team he's not so great. But he'll get updated with the short term battle link which yields +3 and some of the best cards have that link. I'd say Kamehameha and Shocking Speed are more than decent links, especially for Kaioken Goku. Links that boost Ki on cards that become amazing with supering (Kamehameha link and Kaioken Goku specifically triples his attack after supering) are a recipe for some stupid high damage. Just wait until his BFF SSG Goku comes out.

Aurizen

which stage has the better Jaco metal? I was doing good yesterday doing Frieza army's reborn and was 2/2 then I needed 1 more and it hasn't dropped since like wtf!

Kyou

I still have yet to get a Jaco medal to drop. I'm griding pilaf right now trying to get some Bulmas but he is being equally stingy

pmx7

Neo Member
which stage has the better Jaco metal? I was doing good yesterday doing Frieza army's reborn and was 2/2 then I needed 1 more and it hasn't dropped since like wtf!

Same. Keeps dropping bronze support items. At least give us golds as consolation ugh

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Did a random single got shisami.

I'm actually happy cause it's not PHY Dodoria #8. Also because only got one character from the new batch from the two multi summons I did, which is pretty ridiculous imho.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Japan gave out a 50 stone gift for the supers being fucked for so long holy shit. Aaaaand Broly event is back!

edit- Boy is that Broly event something, spent like 25 minutes on that thing. Luckily was able to do it without continues. Kaioken Goku was amazing here. 12 more to go

chrono01

Jaco medals drop on "Frieza's Army Reborn", as well as "Battling the Unknown". Assuming, of course, you can get him to spawn, land directly on him, and THEN get the drop. That's a lot of RNG working against you...

pmx7

Neo Member
Jaco medals drop on "Frieza's Army Reborn", as well as "Battling the Unknown". Assuming, of course, you can get him to spawn, land directly on him, and THEN get the drop. That's a lot of RNG working against you...

Apparently Jaco appears on 'Malevolent Resurgence' too..from what I saw on reddit. The drop rates are atrocious. I've beat him about 10-15 times and only dropped once.

Kyou

Apparently Jaco appears on 'Malevolent Resurgence' too..from what I saw on reddit. The drop rates are atrocious. I've beat him about 10-15 times and only dropped once.
He seemingly shows up on any stage that isn't the beerus world ones

Also super anecdotal but it seems like hitting enemies with a big special attack either guarantees or significantly increase medal drop. I've been stalling on Jaco and the Sorbet trio, popping an Oolong, and kill them with ssgss goku's special(dokkaned on sorbet and co). 100% of the time it's made a medal drop for Jaco or three for frieza's goons. I'm close to being done farming jacos and bulmas

Savitar

Top-Level Training on Z-Hard is pretty incredible. I'm going to dedicate a lot of my time leveling up my lower level units..

Pretty sure this is where I've been farming medals for a good bit too. I mean you got so many of them there it works out. Though drop rates may or may not make you happy.

Go up and left and you will run into some several times. So that must give better odds.

StMeph

Absolutely bullshit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/ssr_tier_jp

This is the JP Tier list for SSRs for long-term players. Kaioken Goku links amazingly well with the best cards in the game.

Obviously most of them aren't in Global yet, and it may be true that he doesn't fit your box as well, but neither of those things change what I'd said, which is that he has the best links (massive +ki) with the BEST cards in the game. He enables Supers like crazy for top-tier cards.

denebj

Neo Member
I finally got all the medals and awakened the SSR Goku Blue

So:

- For Bulma => The pilaf is back for more in HARD (Drop is 1/2 pretty much)
- For Whis/Vegeta/Beerus => Top Level Training in ZHARD (So much exp + zeny :-O)
- For Jaco => The Battle of The Unknown in ZHARD (It took me like 15 runs for 3 drops)

XiaNaphryz

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/ssr_tier_jp

This is the JP Tier list for SSRs for long-term players. Kaioken Goku links amazingly well with the best cards in the game.

Obviously most of them aren't in Global yet, and it may be true that he doesn't fit your box as well, but neither of those things change what I'd said, which is that he has the best links (massive +ki) with the BEST cards in the game. He enables Supers like crazy for top-tier cards.

It should also be noted that some of those links don't exist in Global yet.

I finally got all the medals and awakened the SSR Goku Blue

So:

- For Bulma => The pilaf is back for more in HARD (Drop is 1/2 pretty much)
- For Whis/Vegeta/Beerus => Top Level Training in ZHARD (So much exp + zeny :-O)
- For Jaco => The Battle of The Unknown in ZHARD (It took me like 15 runs for 3 drops)

I need to spend all day today grinding for more Gregory medals first so I can awaken my SSGSS Goku. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom