• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurizen

I don't understand why Jaco is so hard to drop! I gotten him 2 times back to back and the 3rd time I'm having big issues blowing energy for the past 2 days!

Kyou

I think I'm like 3 for 7 at this point. I'm down to needing 3 Bulmas, 1 Jaco, 2 Beerus, and 7 Whises and then I can awaken both Goku and Krillin

Top-Level Training on Z-Hard is pretty incredible. I'm going to dedicate a lot of my time leveling up my lower level units.

I haven't even finished the Event yet - I'm just taking all my low level characters and grinding the shit out of them in this level. It's so good!

bjork

Okay, if someone wants this account, here you go. Rank 70, the UR I have is a L100 AGL Goku, there's a few SSRs and a bunch of SRs and Rs. I haven't used items in eons so there's tons, maybe there's a solid team to be made, but that's up to whoever takes it.

Don't know how to do quote reveal, so spoiler tags

Username: Hereyougo
ID: 219,104,556
Transfer Code:c45r3etpg8xx

denebj

Neo Member
Quick question regarding Dokkan Frieza,

I have the Mecha SA10 ready for it but I also have a STR 2nd form. I already have a STR 2nd form to SA2 so I have an extra duplicate.

What color the golden are going to dokkan to? I mean is there a point of having 2 Golden Frieza, where one come from the Mecha and the other one from 2 nd form ?
Do they keep their original color or do they dokkan into a specific one ?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Gotta say, SSGSS Goku is not all he's cracked up to be. Figured this before getting the card and now that I have him just cements it even more. Currently have him hitting for slightly more than PHY SSJ Gohan.

I finally got around to Z-Awakening SSGSS Goku, at that point his Attack rating is over 2100 points higher than PHY SS Gohan at the same level (80).

Slightly higher than my SS2 STR Gohan as well which is 13 levels higher, but SS2 Gohan's +30% ATK passive will always have him do more standard damage.

Hiltz

Quick question regarding Dokkan Frieza,

I have the Mecha SA10 ready for it but I also have a STR 2nd form. I already have a STR 2nd form to SA2 so I have an extra duplicate.

What color the golden are going to dokkan to? I mean is there a point of having 2 Golden Frieza, where one come from the Mecha and the other one from 2 nd form ?
Do they keep their original color or do they dokkan into a specific one ?

I believe they keep the same color. Mecha Frieza INT is easy enough to acquire since he can be obtained through his own character strike event, so you can get more duplicates of him to raise his super attack power to level 10. This makes him one of the best versions of Frieza to dokkane awaken into Golden Frieza. Of course, you'll have to wait until the next Mecha Frieza strike event if you want to try to get that character again. 2nd form STR Frieza's passive skill is kind of mediocre and your Golden Frieza STR would only be at level 2 super attack.

3rd form Frieza TEQ is probably better to not dokkan awaken because he has good link skill compatibly and helps to increase Ki with Golden Frieza of any color and Final Form Frieza TEQ he is already one of the strongest characters in the game ,so it is kind of a waste to use him to be dokkan awakened into Golden Frieza TEQ. In addition, according to reddit, Final Form Frieza TEQ is better to have as a partner with Golden Frieza INT than compared to Mecha Frieza INT with Golden Frieza TEQ.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Removed Kaioken Goku from fighting Broly. To get use out of him have to save blues for him so he can super constantly, and he needs to be in either the first or third attack slot so someone has the Burning Fight link in the attack. Instead replaced him with R Piccolo and have been using any Friend's New AGL SSR Gohan as my main damage dealer. Damage is consistently between 100k and 200k depending on if I have anyone who shares links besides Burning Fight

8YLvkO2.jpg

R Trunks and the new SR Trunks have been the key members in terms of blocking. I set them up so they appear on alternate turns. Since they're both AGL they both take hits fine. Normal attacks will do around 7k damage to me and Supers only do 20k damage. Much better than if I was blocking with the new Goku who takes supers at 48k. I imagine this event being really easy if you have those two, the new Gohan and the old AGL SSR Goku since you don't have to worry about blocking in the third spot and losing your attack order.

Was able to get the 10 while only using 2 revives. Still need to farm the PHY Broly and get medals to dokkan him. Which item lets you super immediately? This Broly is going to take me far in the tournament.

I finally got around to Z-Awakening SSGSS Goku, at that point his Attack rating is over 2100 points higher than PHY SS Gohan at the same level (80).

But when you take Gohan's passive into account (which is a constant) it's only at about 300 points higher.

Aurizen

Removed Kaioken Goku from fighting Broly. To get use out of him have to save blues for him so he can super constantly, and he needs to be in either the first or third attack slot so someone has the Burning Fight link in the attack. Instead replaced him with R Piccolo and have been using any Friend's New AGL SSR Gohan as my main damage dealer. Damage is consistently between 100k and 200k depending on if I have anyone who shares links besides Burning Fight

R Trunks and the new SR Trunks have been the key members in terms of blocking. I set them up so they appear on alternate turns. Since they're both AGL they both take hits fine. Normal attacks will do around 7k damage to me and Supers only do 20k damage. Much better than if I was blocking with the new Goku who takes supers at 48k. I imagine this event being really easy if you have those two, the new Gohan and the old AGL SSR Goku since you don't have to worry about blocking in the third spot and losing your attack order.

Was able to get the 10 while only using 2 revives. Still need to farm the PHY Broly and get medals to dokkan him. Which item lets you super immediately? This Broly is going to take me far in the tournament.

But when you take Gohan's passive into account (which is a constant) it's only at about 300 points higher.
wow! Is that the broly that Super attacks everyone?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I don't understand why Jaco is so hard to drop! I gotten him 2 times back to back and the 3rd time I'm having big issues blowing energy for the past 2 days!
I was at the point of quitting levels if Jaco either didn't spawn, or didn't drop the U.Rare capsules. Got my 4th one (for Krillin) this afternoon, and am now just trying to farm Krillin to get Lvl 10 Super Attack.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
wow! Is that the broly that Super attacks everyone?
Yep, that's why I need to stock up on that item that enables supers. Supposedly there's bonus points awarded in tournament for beating everyone in one turn, I figure that's there if you just so happen to use Dokkan Mode but with Broly...
50 free stones in the JP version...

Nice. I was hoping for that PHY Trunks too. Did a roll with the stones and got a few SRs. But two were TEQ SRs (Beerus and the good ROF Goku) and an INT which I need. Kind of ok with not getting that Trunks since the PHY Broly is like a mini version of him.

JJP12

He shows up as a stop boss on the first 4 stages. His spawn is random and its not even guaranteed he'll drop a card :/

pmx7

Neo Member
This Jaco medal is such bullshit.
Done all the stages he appears on Z-Hard, beat him about 20-25 times and still nothing.
I'm gonna leave it for a week or so, hopefully they increase the drop rate.

chrono01

Jaco is the true Evil Emperor. I'm on like...my tenth kill of him and not a single medal. He doesn't even spawn all of the time, and if he does, you have to hope the game gives you the proper rolls to even land on his space.

So frustrating.

pmx7

Neo Member
Jaco is the true Evil Emperor. I'm on like...my tenth kill of him and not a single medal. He doesn't even spawn all of the time, and if he does, you have to hope the game gives you the proper rolls to even land on his space.

So frustrating.

Does't help that on the stages he appears there's 50 spots with scrub Frieza minion battles. Such a waste of time.

1 more jaco medal needed, plz jaco drop the medal! ;_;

I had 3 actually but I used one on krilian like an idiot. (I love Krillian and don't regret it)

At least my cards are all leveling up like crazy.

Finally beat all of the story missions on all difficulties.... Let the slow madness from lack of stones begin!

Guess I should start farming medals now.

I do love the top level training stage. So much better then farming for normals plus awakening. At least I'm actually doing something.

Question, where's the best place to get that finish the level with me then ten support items? I still haven't gotten more than six in a mission.

KRoTH

Neo Member
I do love the top level training stage. So much better then farming for normals plus awakening. At least I'm actually doing something.

Question, where's the best place to get that finish the level with me then ten support items? I still haven't gotten more than six in a mission.

For my experience, the last one in the 'Resurrection' event. Sometimes you'll find a lot of blue capsules, more than ten. After that, pray that the random numbers brings you to them...

chrono01

Burned through all of my stamina yesterday, only one Jaco medal. This morning, got two out of three runs, completing the four I need to upgrade SSG Goku/Cop Rillin.

RNG, gotta love it.

PS - Jaco really is the troll of the DBZ universe. I used to think it was Shugesh, now I'm not so sure.

Aurizen

Spent 200 stones trying to get SSGSS Vegeta no luck but I did get ssj goku str again, and a ss2 gohan, couple of the movie characters so this pull wasn't too bad. I guess I'll save up for Vegeto then.

Spent 200 stones trying to get SSGSS Vegeta no luck but I did get ssj goku str again, and a ss2 gohan, couple of the movie characters so this pull wasn't too bad. I guess I'll save up for Vegeto then.

I'd settle for that SR PHY Adult Gohan... then I could change up my current team.

I pulled another SSJ Bardock but also got Whis as well so yay! I've had like 5 SSR dupes so far with most of them going to TEQ SSJ Vegeta. :S

Since the Resurrection stuff is fairly easy but requires lots of grinding, I'm testing out a bunch of different teams.

Currently running a team with 4 Ginyu members (SR Jeice & Captain, R Burdur & Recoome), and it's surprisingly effective. That 25% attack boost is really good. Not to mention Recoome having an Extreme super.

Savitar

So how is Roshi in his F Resurrection version? I was considering using him. Would be replacing Imperfect Cell but the health loss might be too much and not sure how he'd link up with some.

So how is Roshi in his F Resurrection version? I was considering using him. Would be replacing Imperfect Cell but the health loss might be too much and not sure how he'd link up with some.

According to the reddit global SR tier ranking:

Master Roshi (Max Power) - Miraculous Return
With a monsterous passive, and an Extreme Super modifier on top of it, this man is a professor in the school of pain, and class is always in session. Kamekameha is his teaching method of choice, and it's a common and strong link that's on a number of STR units, such as The Saiyan Among Us Goku and Secret Arts Unleashed Yamcha, and Turtle School can be found on Secret Arts Unleashed too, as well as a couple of other places. He requires Ki support to make use of his full power, but he fortunately has Supreme Warrior, shared by Mercenary's Mettle Cyborg Tao, who's also a +Ki leader, but because Max Power Roshis are different units from the non-buff ones, he can also hang out with the STR Secrets of the Turtle Style Master Roshi, who has several links to share, including Supreme Warrior and World Tournament Champion for 1 Ki each, and AGL Martial Guidance Master Roshi, who has his handy +1 Ki team passive on top of that, allowing Miraculous Return some flexibility in multi-type teams. Resurrection of F is a good link that pops up in a few places, but it's hard to make use of because of his affinity for STR-focused teams. Either way, if you've got a spot for him, especially if you missed out on Bojack, step aside and let the old man show you how it's done, and if you have any other non-Max Roshi cards, find room for him, too.

Tier 1. He a'ight. :)

Aurizen

How soon do you think do you think we'll get Vegeto? I'm gonna need him on my main team to replace War Tactic Vegeta. Had him from the beginning.

Durden77

Did two Multi pulls, one of which the only SR I got from it was Zarbon. The first one was a good amount of SRs but still no SSR.

Yeah, fuck this game. Rank 76 with still no native SSR. Shit's nuts. I've got about 25 DSs and I'm going to save up for one more multi pull. If I get no SSR I'm deleting this. Taking up way too much space on my phone anyway.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Only have around 65 stones or so, so I'll likely hold off on doing any more pulls until either more than one SSR is featured on a banner or we get an actual SSR rate increase. Still have a bunch of story missions to do on Z-Hard, as well as all the new story levels on all difficulties.

So I know we were mocking it, but has anyone used the awakened Police Krillin? Is it any good? I like making fun teams with Rs thrown in here & there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom