• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah idk. Not sure if I even want him on global. He just makes the tournaments even more monotonous than they already are tbh. Will take the PHY Broly though. Looking forward to that guy

I'm around to start this game again, and I'm prepared to reroll. Is the information in the op up to date? As in, the two I should go for on my second roll are SSJ Goku or Vegeta?

I'm around to start this game again, and I'm prepared to reroll. Is the information in the op up to date? As in, the two I should go for on my second roll are SSJ Goku or Vegeta?
Haha, nah that's way old. Here's a quick list of who you'd ideally want.

AGL SSG Goku
STR SS3 Goku
PHY Ultimate Gohan
INT Turles
AGL SSGSS Goku

If you wait just a bit longer, you can reroll for STR LSSJ Broly.

If you pull STR Beerus, TEQ Whis, AGL Kaioken Goku, or AGL SSJ2 Goku, those would be great as well. Just not as much as the ones above.

Out the gate, SSJ3 Goku, Ult. Gohan, INT Turles, and AGL SSJ2 Goku would make the grind a little easier than the others.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Honestly more interested in the other stuff that comes with him. Of course I want him, but I won't be angry if I pull the others.
Yeah I think the three SSR beside Broly are pretty good. Goten can help pull small nukes off sort of with his leader skill and PHY Goku's passive

PHY Broly is a very good card, free SSJ SSR. Only bad thing about him is his lack of Golden Warrior. He's also one of STR Broly's BFFs cause he gives him 2 ki

Okay, so I get that SSJ Goku when rolling means you got an SR and SSJ3 means you got an SSR, but what about SSJ2? And why does the word "Release" sometimes appear in rainbow?

Okay, so I get that SSJ Goku when rolling means you got an SR and SSJ3 means you got an SSR, but what about SSJ2? And why does the word "Release" sometimes appear in rainbow?

Ssj2 means there is a small chance of being SSR character vs no chance if just regular Ssj which is guaranteed SR only.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The new pulls are confusing, especially since it's different from the japanese version. Rainbow Tex and black hair meant "Bye, Guys" would pop up. Different in global for some reason

I'm trying to go for SSJGSS Goku but that's probably never going to happen. I can see myself getting another tier one SSR and being conflicted on whether I should restart or not.

Ryu1999

Japan's 1 year celebration is crazy. Kind of sad that we've had 2 guaranteed SSRs for JPN at this point, and Global still hasn't had even 1

chrono01

Japan's 1 year celebration is crazy. Kind of sad that we've had 2 guaranteed SSRs for JPN at this point, and Global still hasn't had even 1
I have a feeling that we're going to get one immediately following Broly, once we all use up our Dragon Stones. :(

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Don't get me wrong I'd rather have the guaranteed multi than not, but I don't think it's really that necessary when we have the tournaments to guarantee SSRs. When the guaranteed multi was first released in jp the tournaments didn't give tickets. And with this new multi it includes the newer characters while the tournament SSR pool in jp hasn't been updated since the Turles summon.

chrono01

Don't get me wrong I'd rather have the guaranteed multi than not, but I don't think it's really that necessary when we have the tournaments to guarantee SSRs. When the guaranteed multi was first released in jp the tournaments didn't give tickets. And with this new multi it includes the newer characters while the tournament SSR pool in jp hasn't been updated since the Turles summon.
Oh, absolutely. If you're already at a decent rank and have a compatible team already formed, tournaments are definitely the way to go. However, some people (such as myself) still aren't at a high enough rank to make the usage of Dragon Stones worth it, and I only have a single SSR/UR (the one I re-rolled for). Getting a guaranteed SSR out of a ten-summon would help my team, so I can tackle harder content which, in-turn, would allow me to raise my rank faster/easier, as well as serve as the muscle for upcoming tournaments.

After a certain point, tournaments are an incredible value/benefit to your account, but you need to reach that point first (which is what I'm having trouble with). Granted I've only spent 50 of my current DS so things could change, but having something guaranteed would definitely be appreciated right now (given my luck).

Ask and ye shall receive.

X3NbuTWl.jpg

Also, extra stages added to Tree of Might event and 3 DS for that "already_accepted" error.

EDIT: Woop! Got TEQ Whis and dupe Majin Vegeta. AGI SSG still eludes me. :mad:

N30RYU

X3NbuTWl.jpg

Also, extra stages added to Tree of Might event and 3 DS for that "already_accepted" error.

If there were only those SSR in the list I would pull the trigger... (even having already that Cell and SS3...) but with all the kinds of SSR we can't get... not thanks... I'll wait for another tourney (or two) instead.

If there were only those SSR in the list I would pull the trigger... (even having already that Cell and SS3...) but with all the kinds of SSR we can't get... not thanks... I'll wait for another tourney (or two) instead.

When I checked the character list, all the latest SSRs were in there.

N30RYU

When I checked the character list, all the latest SSRs were in there.

I mean only those in the picture... i don't wanna get a crap SSR

Also ppl how do you get so many dragon stones to perform 50 pulls... saving the ones they give on missions and events or paying?

Ah that makes sense. As for the DS, I drop around $30 - $50 once a month here and there. I'm happy with the game, so it's no big deal to me.

So for those of you who have battled the big Broccoli on JP, what would be a good team comp? Obviously you'd need rampage nullifiers, but this is what I have to play with atm:

Blazing Battle units
- STR Great Saiyaman 2
- TEQ SSJ Vegeta
- AGL Trunks
- INT King Vegeta
- TEQ SSJ Goku
- TEQ Mighty Mask

Others
- AGL Kaioken Goku (pretty much a lock)
- TEQ Whis
- STR SSJ3 Goku
- TEQ Majin Vegeta
- AGL Great Saiyaman (worth it to link with GSM 2?)
- PHY Ultimate Gohan
- STR Beerus

The other stronger AGL units I have are Golden Freeza and Buff Roshi not counting awakened SRs.

Ideally, I'd want to keep Kaioken Goku's ki up with units that have either Over in a Flash or Shocking Speed, but I do want to have the Blazing Battle passive active each charge. Would three units in the team with that link not be enough?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I think anything I pull before 9am stinks in regards to SSRs. Got the INT SS Gohan. On the plus side I can still use STR SS2 Gohan. On the downside, goodbye PHY SS Gohan. #GohanDrama

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Of course when I make the post about not needing it they put it up lol

So for those of you who have battled the big Broccoli on JP, what would be a good team comp? Obviously you'd need rampage nullifiers, but this is what I have to play with atm:

Blazing Battle units
- STR Great Saiyaman 2
- TEQ SSJ Vegeta
- AGL Trunks
- INT King Vegeta
- TEQ SSJ Goku
- TEQ Mighty Mask

Others
- AGL Kaioken Goku (pretty much a lock)
- TEQ Whis
- STR SSJ3 Goku
- TEQ Majin Vegeta
- AGL Great Saiyaman (worth it to link with GSM 2?)
- PHY Ultimate Gohan
- STR Beerus

The other stronger AGL units I have are Golden Freeza and Buff Roshi not counting awakened SRs.

Ideally, I'd want to keep Kaioken Goku's ki up with units that have either Over in a Flash or Shocking Speed, but I do want to have the Blazing Battle passive active each charge. Would three units in the team with that link not be enough?
If the Broly event is anything like jp (I suspect it may be toned down in global for some reason), your best bet is to go with the 6 characters that have the link. Putting Kaioken Goku on the team is kind of a pain since you'd have to play around him to keep the link up. He could only attack in the first or third position if you want to keep the link up (you do), you want someone with the link to block the attack because they'll take less damage even if they're not AGL, and he won't do too much damage unless he supers constantly which you'd need to baby him by playing around with orbs sloppily to save blue ones for him. These problems go double for any other characters without the link since they take even more damage by not being AGL. Also summoning any of the new characters with the link helps a lot especially AGL Gohan and AGL Trunks. Ideally you can friend an AGL Gohan, he can do the nuking you're looking for out of Kaioken Goku

yogloo

Got spirit bomb goku on my guaranteed summon. How good is he? The first thing that I noticed is his leader skill. Other than that, is he good?

Arrrammis

Well, got super hyped for the GSSR summon, and got int Golden Freeza :/ It wouldnt be so bad if I didn't already have 2 of him, one of which is already SA 10 for the same type. Oh well, can't win them all.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The pullable Golden Freeza is way better than the dokkan one, except for the part where it's not SA 10

Also it seems the guaranteed SSR shows up last in the multi, so if you get and SSR before that you pulled double

chrono01

Wow, I actually got that guaranteed summon I asked for. Nice work, Namco Bandai!

As for what I received, INT Freeza. It wasn't what I wanted, since I had him on my prior account and wanted a unit to link with the SSG Goku I already have. I was really wanting SSJ3 Goku (not surprise there). I thought that was the end of it...

Then the screen smashed on my final character during the summon and I received Majin Vegeta. I didn't know that the guaranteed one was the final pull, so getting a double SSR out of it surprised me. I was going to re-roll for Broly, but now I think I'll pass. It'll be difficult giving up SSG Goku/Majin Vegeta, even if they don't link together as nicely as SSG Goku/SSJ3.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
SSG and Majin Vegeta link up the same as SSG and SSJ3. SSG's bff is Kaioken Goku, but you can do fine without him. PHY Kaioken Goku is also the next tournament reward, though I am not a big fan of his passive.

If you want him though I suggest ranking up a lot with the 2x exp and half stam on Quests. They will change the tournament rewards so the top 5000 will get the prize card.

After tons of rerolling I got INT SSJ Gohan (Adult). Is he any good? He was on some tier list I saw. I was just wondering if it's a good idea to keep him and grind out 50 more stones for a guaranteed SSR.

chrono01

SSG and Majin Vegeta link up the same as SSG and SSJ3. SSG's bff is Kaioken Goku, but you can do fine without him. PHY Kaioken Goku is also the next tournament reward, though I am not a big fan of his passive.

If you want him though I suggest ranking up a lot with the 2x exp and half stam on Quests. They will change the tournament rewards so the top 5000 will get the prize card.
Nice, thanks!

I'll work on leveling my units now, as well as ranking up. I needed/wanted stronger cards so I could run Z-Hard for rank-up's, which is why I wanted a guaranteed SSR so badly (lucked out and got two, so \o/). I'll probably save the rest of the DS I have now (103) for the tournament and pass on trying for Broly. I'd probably fail anyway, but I might give it a single multi-summon and hope for the best. I'll see.

Savitar

I was ready to take a good break from the game but seeing Broly is coming and the summon event I decided maybe it's not so bad to stick around. So I pull the summon, Goku saying goodbye pops up, get hyped and........get a ton of R's and the like until the last one where the screen shatters and it's

Majin Vegeta who I already had.

*sighs*

It's a good thing Broly is coming, was so pissed.

BrunoM

X3NbuTWl.jpg

Congrats really wanted a Majin vegeta or kaio goku but got 7rs 2 shitty SRs amd ssr Bardok I think I'm a bit sad and those were my last 50 stones f2p here

denebj

Neo Member
The summon pool for Broly is really good !! Goku, Gohan , Gotenk, Trunk has great skills with the orb changing and all !!!
If all of those are in the pool to summon the probability of getting Broly is going to be horrible ... Not sure how much you need to spend :-/
It would be definitely helpful for the tournament .. Less grinding ...

The Farmable PHY Broly looks good !!! How was the drop in JPN ??

JJP12

I got AGL Gohan and STR Vegeta with my one time summon. Pretty happy with that but I've never needed Gregory medals as badly as I do now. I have 300+ Bubbles/Geros but less than 10 Gregorys lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom