• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I'm currently grinding Wayward Champion on Z-Hard, as much as I can. Having recently re-rolled for SSG Goku, I need to increase my team cost/stamina. I'm at Rank 97, but man this is boring. :/

I'd love to get to Rank 210 for 120 stamina...but that won't be happening, haha.

chrono01

Rank 200 is all you need. 210 is overkill.
Still seems so far away, haha.

I'll probably aim for 85 stamina and call it. That would give me a full tournament run, plus a round one and two of the second tournament before a stamina refresh. It's not as good as two full runs, but it'll save me a bit of Dragon Stone usage.

yogloo

Have to agree with you about it being boring. I did it last month and it is one of those things where you go "never again."

chrono01

Have to agree with you about it being boring. I did it last month and it is one of those things where you go "never again."
Not being able to auto-battle it makes it even more mind-numbing, haha.

Still, great benefits to do so. I'll take advantage of this 1/2 Stamina + 2x XP event(s) whenever I can.

I'm so confused. Why is it harder to awaken Overflowing Resolve Goku to Angel Goku than it is to evolve Angel Goku to SSJ Goku? I haven't even gotten to that point in the main missions to get the Goku Medals.

Also, if I farmed Overflowing Resolve to get that Goku to Level 10 Super Attack, can I awaken him to a Level 10 Angel Goku, fuse that into a max level Angel Goku, and have that second Goku have a Level 10 super? Then when I awaken that to SSJ Goku, will he also have a Level 10 super?

Cromat

I hope I manage to get all the medals I need in just two days, I have a STR Videl that I can awaken.

I think the phrase "when it rains, it pours" really captures my SSR situation. Being F2P and playing since June, I spent the first three months without any natural SSRs, then I got Bardock, and a bit after that Golden Freeza (the non-Dokkan one).

Now I got so many that I need to decide which one I need to awaken to UR first. What do you guys think:

STR Beerus
TEQ Cooler
AGI Buff Master Roshi
STR Great Saiyaman 2

I'm leaning towards Roshi because I don't have an AGI UR, but he's the weakest of the bunch.

I'm so confused. Why is it harder to awaken Overflowing Resolve Goku to Angel Goku than it is to evolve Angel Goku to SSJ Goku? I haven't even gotten to that point in the main missions to get the Goku Medals.

Also, if I farmed Overflowing Resolve to get that Goku to Level 10 Super Attack, can I awaken him to a Level 10 Angel Goku, fuse that into a max level Angel Goku, and have that second Goku have a Level 10 super? Then when I awaken that to SSJ Goku, will he also have a Level 10 super?

That is annoyingly confusing. Its easier to say R TEQ Goku to SR AGL Goku to SSR TEQ Goku imo.

Anyways, no you don't wanna do that. Just straight awaken SR AGL Goku to SSR TEQ Goku once you have level 10 super and the required medals.

If you fuse your full super Angel Goku into another Angel Goku, the other Angel Goku would gain 1 super level and you will have lost your level 10 super investment.

That is annoyingly confusing. Its easier to say R TEQ Goku to SR AGL Goku to SSR TEQ Goku imo.

Anyways, no you don't wanna do that. Just straight awaken SR AGL Goku to SSR TEQ Goku once you have level 10 super and the required medals.

If you fuse your full super Angel Goku into another Angel Goku, the other Angel Goku would gain 1 super level and you will have lost your level 10 super investment.

That's incorrect. If the two cards you're training into each other are exactly the same, the super levels carry over.

ukD0Qw7l.jpg

The Goku being trained into the Super INT one has SA 2 and it's being carried over into the base (which is the same card), making it SA 3. This would also happen if he trained his SA10 AGL Angel Goku into the SA1 AGL Angel Goku.

It's only when you're training a card that has the "same name" (i.e. TEQ SSJ Goku into an STR SSJ Goku) is when the super levels don't carry over.

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the attributes. Let me try to make it a little easier to understand. Right now I have:

R TEQ Goku at Level 10 Super

SR AGL Goku

What is the easiest, most efficient way to get an SSR TEQ Goku with the Level 10 Super from here? I was going to Dokkan Awaken the R TEQ Goku to SR AGL, fuse that into the one I already have, then Dokkan Awaken that one to SSR TEQ Goku. Is there an easier way?

That's incorrect. If the two cards you're training into each other are exactly the same, the super levels carry over.

ukD0Qw7l.jpg

The Goku being trained into the Super INT one has SA 2 and it's being carried over into the base (which is the same card), making it SA 3. This would also happen if he trained his SA10 AGL Angel Goku into the SA1 AGL Angel Goku.

It's only when you're training a card that has the "same name" (i.e. TEQ SSJ Goku into an STR SSJ Goku) is when the super levels don't carry over.

My apologies then, but this is rather surprising to me. Kinda pointless to train the SA10 Goku into the SA1 when the max is 10 anyways and he can awaken that one to SSR TEQ Goku. He would be better off selling the SA1 Angel Goku to baba or something.

Edit: If you have medals, then awaken your R TEQ Goku into Angel, then have the medals to awaken to SSR TEQ Goku. Of course you have to be max level but that shouldn't be hard with the friend pulls. Use the spare Angel Goku however you like.

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the attributes. Let me try to make it a little easier to understand. Right now I have:

R TEQ Goku at Level 10 Super

SR AGL Goku

What is the easiest, most efficient way to get an SSR TEQ Goku with the Level 10 Super from here? I was going to Dokkan Awaken the R TEQ Goku to SR AGL, fuse that into the one I already have, then Dokkan Awaken that one to SSR TEQ Goku. Is there an easier way?

There's no need to fuse it into the SA1 AGL Goku as you gain nothing from fusing the two cards together because the TEQ is already at max SA. Just dokkan the TEQ Goku to AGL Goku > dokkan that into the SSR TEQ SSJ Goku.

EDIT: And yup, like Crimson said you can sell the SA1 AGL Goku to Baba.

The thing is, my "spare" Angel is already max level, that's why I was just priming the R TEQ Goku with Level 10 to feed him into the former. Would it be a waste to sell the maxed level Angel?

I hope I manage to get all the medals I need in just two days, I have a STR Videl that I can awaken.

I think the phrase "when it rains, it pours" really captures my SSR situation. Being F2P and playing since June, I spent the first three months without any natural SSRs, then I got Bardock, and a bit after that Golden Freeza (the non-Dokkan one).

Now I got so many that I need to decide which one I need to awaken to UR first. What do you guys think:

STR Beerus
TEQ Cooler
AGI Buff Master Roshi
STR Great Saiyaman 2

I'm leaning towards Roshi because I don't have an AGI UR, but he's the weakest of the bunch.

Well Videl aka STR Great Saiyaman 2 has the link you need vs Broly if you wanna strengthen her up for that. Also I believe the event Broly is PHY so working her and your Beerus would be good. The crumbling earth mission is wonderful for farming fruit of the the tree of might which is +3ki for 3 turns. The boss there is an Extreme PHY enemy that only costs 16 energy. That fruit item can be +6 ki for 3 turns plus leader and friend skills meaning supers all day.

Edit: Ocarina, you shouldn't waste resources awakening your R TEQ Goku then. Just make your maxed Angel Goku into TEQ SSR Goku. If you want Angel Goku as well as SSJ Goku then the best way would be to awaken the R Goku to Angel while your spare Angel becomes the Super Saiyan TEQ Goku.

What about the Level 10 Super? Is it just not worth the trouble of awakening the R TEQ Goku to get that on the SSR TEQ Goku?

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought your max level Angel Goku also had a level 10 super. If you could share screenshots of your characters it would help out a lot in the future. But anyways, you can either awaken R TEQ Goku all the way to get SSR TEQ Goku with level 10 super. Or you can farm Angel Goku as I believe he drops on the 2nd mission and raise your max level Angel Goku's super to 10 and Dokkan him to SSR TEQ Goku.

Cromat

Well Videl aka STR Great Saiyaman 2 has the link you need vs Broly if you wanna strengthen her up for that. Also I believe the event Broly is PHY so working her and your Beerus would be good. The crumbling earth mission is wonderful for farming fruit of the the tree of might which is +3ki for 3 turns. The boss there is an Extreme PHY enemy that only costs 16 energy. That fruit item can be +6 ki for 3 turns plus leader and friend skills meaning supers all day.

Edit: Ocarina, you shouldn't waste resources awakening your R TEQ Goku then. Just make your maxed Angel Goku into TEQ SSR Goku. If you want Angel Goku as well as SSJ Goku then the best way would be to awaken the R Goku to Angel while your spare Angel becomes the Super Saiyan TEQ Goku.

Thanks, had no idea about that item.

I'm actually going to have a STR team from hell when I'm done:

Should be very handy for the PHY Broly at the very least.

Stage 1 Broly is PHY and Stage 2 is STR.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
GClzAaV.jpg

Well gogeta is nuts. Leader looks to be +2 ki and +2500 attack to all. Will likely change to 3 ki and +3000 attack when Dokkaned. 7680 is his attack only at level 80 too. Not sure exactly what his passive does but his leader skill is insane enough that it doesn't matter all that much.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Nvm his passive makes it better lol. Everyone in his turn does advantageous damage and +5000 to everyone. Will likely change to +7000 when dokkand. He also has a super attack multiplier above the Catastrophic/Supreme we currently have. His leader and passive basically turns him into Broly in terms of damage output, except way better because it applies to everyone and not just him. There's also no drawback of reducing Gogeta's defense to 0 when attacking. The only thing Broly would seem to do better is attack everyone so he's still the best for tournaments.

Gogeta's leader skill makes sense since they want you to use all LR on a team.

Lupercal

Banned
GClzAaV.jpg

Well gogeta is nuts. Leader looks to be +2 ki and +2500 attack to all. Will likely change to 3 ki and +3000 attack when Dokkaned. 7680 is his attack only at level 80 too. Not sure exactly what his passive does but his leader skill is insane enough that it doesn't matter all that much.

Looks more like Vegito no ?

chrono01

Gogeta looks absolutely insane.

I'll never have him. That goes for any/all Dokkan Festival-only characters, my luck is too poor. ;_;

denebj

Neo Member
So many people are going to re-roll for him I bet ....
It is a little be too much .. The dude is seriously OP :-/ He reaches 10k Att ... His passive to all and leader att + ki to all is seriously OP :-(

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's probably going to be more like 20k+ once he's dokkaned. I can see his base attack being over 10k at level 120. Broly already hit for 19k.

Flambe

Just want new gatcha =s Finally got a single King Vegeta to drop so fuck farming more of him, he's just there for Burning urethra link or whatever for Broly.

Although I'll probably get one of the new 4 characters with the passive but oh well v0v.

Now to farm Bulma medals to get second Saiyaman 2

Just want new gatcha =s Finally got a single King Vegeta to drop so fuck farming more of him, he's just there for Burning urethra link or whatever for Broly.

Although I'll probably get one of the new 4 characters with the passive but oh well v0v.

Now to farm Bulma medals to get second Saiyaman 2

I'm also farming Saiyaman medals. Since I'm at the beginning I'm desperate for easy SRs.

Gogeta is so good. Vegetto got the short end of the stick, he's suppose to be stronger in the canon, but this is the game with the super powerful Broly.

I guess I'll be saving my stones forever. I hope SSJ Vegetto is not a dokkan version of the one we got (jpn) mainly because it might have similar passives and leader abilities.

I won't be rerolling anymore. The reason being, there will always be something better on the horizon. I just had shitty luck on my first account. 500 stones to get only 2 shitty ssrs. This time around, I have 2 great SSR to start with.

Flashy

GClzAaV.jpg

Wow. Here's hoping that I get him.

Savitar

The more you ask, the more Bamco pushes it back.

Probably on Thursday after the Tree of Might event is over.

It's terrible to tempt fate I know for the gods are cruel and a capricious lot.

On the positives seems we got some Facebook goodies today! Five of all Zswords and other items!

chrono01

I'm tempted to try for Broly, but I need to save my Dragon Stones for the third World Tournament. I have a SSG Goku team going (currently have SSG Goku and Majin Vegeta), so I'd love to add that Kaioken Goku to it. I'm not sure how many I'll need to stay within the Top 5,000, since I have just under 85 stamina (hopefully more by the time the tournament starts). I was thinking of keeping maybe 100 Dragon Stones to be safe, but that might be overcomplicating it. 50 DS should be fine, since that would give me over 50 tournament wins, not to mention the amount I'll get with natural stamina. Getting at least 100 matches this way should (hopefully) put me in the Top 5,000.

I really need that card. :(

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Gogeta has

Over 10k base attack

The links Ready for War/Prepared for Battle
Fusion Warrior
And Over in a Flash/Short Term Battle
And Golden Warrior

This card is duuuuumb.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I'm tempted to try for Broly, but I need to save my Dragon Stones for the third World Tournament. I have a SSG Goku team going (currently have SSG Goku and Majin Vegeta), so I'd love to add that Kaioken Goku to it. I'm not sure how many I'll need to stay within the Top 5,000, since I have just under 85 stamina (hopefully more by the time the tournament starts). I was thinking of keeping maybe 100 Dragon Stones to be safe, but that might be overcomplicating it. 50 DS should be fine, since that would give me over 50 tournament wins, not to mention the amount I'll get with natural stamina. Getting at least 100 matches this way should (hopefully) put me in the Top 5,000.

I really need that card. :(

50 is more than fine when you factor in the stones you get for competing in the WT as well.

I can't wait to blow 400 stones, not get Broly, then reroll. :-D

Gogeta has

Over 10k base attack

Fusion Warrior

This card is duuuuumb.

The power creep in this game is identical to the DBZ card game from back in the day. Every new release was overpowered compared to the previous.

chrono01

Gogeta has

Over 10k base attack

Fusion Warrior

This card is duuuuumb.
Much want. Seriously. The power creep is real.

I'm almost tempted to skip Broly and wait for Gogeta, but then (by that point) another card will likely be upcoming that beats him. The benefit of waiting, is that subsequent Dokkan-fest have the chance to pull whatever Dokkan-only units are available (better chance of getting something). Having a larger pool, than just Broly, increases your odds somewhat.

That Gogeta links well with so many cards, though.

50 is more than fine when you factor in the stones you get for competing in the WT as well.

I can't wait to blow 400 stones, not get Broly, then reroll. :-D
Oh wow, I forgot about the stones you get from the WT itself. Thanks.

Also, you're still planning on re-rolling? How advanced is your account, from what I can remember you have quite a few decent units, don't you? I'm finding it difficult to start over, even on my SSG Goku/Majin Vegeta/Golden Freeza account, and I just started (again) a little under a month ago. As for why I started over to begin with, let's just say that my launch account had horrible luck with SSR (only natural UR being TEQ Vegeta, Golden Freeza, INT Perfect Cell) so I figured it best to start over.

denebj

Neo Member
All those new cards are seriously op :-O
Janemba as a 80% to INT plus a +5000 ATK to ALL as a passive :-O

Those new units are serious power creeps.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hang on, people were saying earlier that Broly was going to be available as part of the upcoming event. Is he only Summonable, or does he drop for beating the event?! I'm confused :-/

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hang on, people were saying earlier that Broly was going to be available as part of the upcoming event. Is he only Summonable, or does he drop for beating the event?! I'm confused :-/

There's a PHY Broly that's a farmable SR that can dokkan to SSR using 3 medals you get one of from a difficult 40 stamina stage. There's another summon only Broly that's STR that requires 10 of those medals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom