• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
There's a PHY Broly that's a farmable SR that can dokkan to SSR using 3 medals you get one of from a difficult 40 stamina stage. There's another summon only Broly that's STR that requires 10 of those medals.
Oh sweet, so you can at least get the event variant dokkaned to an SSR/UR? That's fine by me :)

Edit: Top of page? Broly event starting? Relevant.
29886689397f7558bf3a91af7c154121.jpg

Savitar

If Broly ever comes back and is introduced to the show I hope they make sure he says more than Goku's name a trillion times.

Also that picture reminds me of the chibi Broly got in that PS2 fighting game.

yogloo

Much want. Seriously. The power creep is real.

I'm almost tempted to skip Broly and wait for Gogeta, but then (by that point) another card will likely be upcoming that beats him. The benefit of waiting, is that subsequent Dokkan-fest have the chance to pull whatever Dokkan-only units are available (better chance of getting something). Having a larger pool, than just Broly, increases your odds somewhat.

That Gogeta links well with so many cards, though
Actually I think you should wait until they announce the closing of the servers. By then, you will have the largest pool available and there won't be any chance of a better card in the future.

chrono01

Actually I think you should wait until they announce the closing of the server. By then, you will have the largest pool available and there won't be any chance of a better card in the future.
I know, that's why I said there's not much point in waiting since there's always going to be a "better" card, haha.

If I do wait and skip Broly, it won't be because of a future card (Gogeta) being available. It'll be a personal decision on whether I feel the stones will be worth it or not, given my current team composition. It's never a good idea to base anything off of upcoming units, it never ends well.

That being said, I'll probably do a multi-pull/ten summon for Broly. I just haven't decided whether I should do a multi-pull or singles. The rates of SR are much higher now, so I really don't need that "guarantee" anymore, and it's more exciting doing 10x summons than a single pull. Not getting SSJ3 Goku/Goodbye Goku in a ten-pull, the despair hits you all at once. :/

JJP12

I'm more excited for Gotenks than Broly. I doubt I'll pull either of them but hopefully lots of people do so I can use them as friend characters lol. I never pulled SSJ3 Goku or Ultimate Gohan but both seem to be really common leaders.

edit: For some reason I thought Gotenks was coming but it was just Goten lol :/

1 hour to go till servers are down for the update. I have 90 fruits right now and too many of that PHY guy who thankfully all went to baba shop points lol. Gonna try to get 100 fruits in this last hour before bed.

SnakeEyes

Banned
1 hour to go till servers are down for the update. I have 90 fruits right now and too many of that PHY guy who thankfully all went to baba shop points lol. Gonna try to get 100 fruits in this last hour before bed.
Those Tree of Might fruit are so damn handy! I've been farming them since I got Turles' SA to 10.

Ryu1999

Wow, that Gogeta hype brought down the Japanese Dokkan Battle servers.

Also, this happened. Lucky bastard. ;_;

http://i.imgur.com/UUxihhb.jpg

I managed to get in before the servers went COMPLETELY to hell. Did 3 multipulls (for 130 DS), and then got a 4th multipull for free. Got one SSR AGL Golden Frieza, and the rest were crappy SRs (I think I pulled 4 Daburas). I must have been extremely lucky prior because I'm used to getting one SSR per multipull.

chrono01

I did a single multi-pull:

SR:

- Ambitious Scheme Paragus
- Alluring Assassin Android #18
- Unrelenting Fighter Gohan (Kid)
- Malevolent Magician Babidi - Dupe
- Talent From Dad Super Saiyan Trunks (Kid) x2
- Hawk Eyes Trunks (Teen)

R:

- Facing Fate Nail
- Mindpower Destruction Rasin
- Unwavering Spirit Tien

Eh, not going to do another. I have just over 100 Dragon Stones, I'm going to save these for the next and upcoming tournaments, where I can earn summon tickets and get something guaranteed out of it. I'll probably do a single multi-summon every time there's a Dokkan Fest, though, if I can manage it. Just to see if I can occasionally get lucky.

Cromat

I have 15 stones (F2P). Just did two single pulls - no Broly but I got AGI SSJ 2 Gohan. My luck has been insane recently. I got 4 SSRs for the last 60 stones I spent!

No luck on pulls aside from the new Trunks, but I manage to beat the Broly event without too much pain. Used 4 units with Blazing Battle and had Kaioken Goku/TEQ Whis/and a Friend AGL SSB Goku. Will probably switch out the TEQ Whis since I really didn't need him.

Also...

q3fnrysl.jpg

denebj

Neo Member
Used 230 DS, 2 multi pull and the rest were single . The only good things I got STR SSJ2 Goku and the Trunk SR. Kinda disapointing :-/
It helped against Broly but even with a good team I had to use 2 Stones.

I have :
- AGL SSJ2 Gohan as lead
- STR Sayaman 2
- INT King Vegeta
- AGL SSB Goku
- STR SSJ2 Goku
- AGL Teen Trunk

I brought Sensu/Fruit/Usher/King

I farmed over 250 fruit since I did not care at all about the STR Turtle.
Event though I had SSB super every turn and he deals 170k , still had to use stone :-/

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah saving stones for Gogeta summon. There's a deal where the first multi is 30 stones, and if you do two 50 stone multi after that the next one is no stones. Think it continues from there after every three multi. If that comes to global I'll gladly use stones. Also there's a discount on purchasing stones.

If anyone wants an account, I have one with Ultimate Gohan, Kaoiken Goku, Teq Whis, Beerus, SSGSS Goku, Agi and Teq SS2 Gohan, some other stuff I don't feel like listing, and 200+ stones that I'm giving away. Account is on ios, so let me know if you're on Android and I'll roll for you.

Also have a starting JP account with Str SS3 Goku and Phy and Agi Kid Buu if anyone wants it.

Edit: First account gone.

denebj

Neo Member
Lot's of people are reporting that they get very trashy pull - More than the usual ... It looks like they might have actually decreased the rates.
People are spending 300+ DS on multis and barely gets SR, that's really weird ... I wonder if they actually did that.

flak57

Found a great strategy for Broly, no stones or items needed!

Kid Buu - Lead
Kid Buu - Friend Lead
Phy Fat Buu
Agl SSJ Goku
King Vegeta
Zangya
Angel Goku

Once you get this setup I think it's literally impossible for him to kill you -

Broly attack turn:
SSJ Goku - King Vegeta - Zangya/Angel Goku/Kid Buu

Non attack turn:
Kid Buu - Fat Buu - Zangya/Angel Goku/Kid Buu

In most cases I had healed back to or close to full health (about 100k) before his next attack turn, and if I ever dip below 33k (which never happened) Fat Buu will heal an extra 33k with his passive.

Everyone was used to set the orbs for SSJ Goku to fire a super. Long, boring, but easy battle basically. If you have a nuker AGL card you might replace Angel Goku to make it go faster, but I played it safe with his healing passive.

Don't let Angel Goku fire a super though, any stunning will ruin the ordering and might put Fat Buu in harm's way.

Aurizen

Well I beat Broly on the 1st stage... I'm definitely won't be trying the 2nd stage from how hard he is smh. Can you buy metals to dokkan awaken him in Baba store?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Lot's of people are reporting that they get very trashy pull - More than the usual ... It looks like they might have actually decreased the rates.
People are spending 300+ DS on multis and barely gets SR, that's really weird ... I wonder if they actually did that.
It's more like more people are actually pulling and posting their results today

Cromat

People are having meltdowns on reddit. Glad I'm not fixated about getting Broly. I'll try to get the PHY one though I doubt I can do that without using lots of stones to revive, I'm weak in the AGI department.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Also, you're still planning on re-rolling? How advanced is your account, from what I can remember you have quite a few decent units, don't you? I'm finding it difficult to start over, even on my SSG Goku/Majin Vegeta/Golden Freeza account, and I just started (again) a little under a month ago. As for why I started over to begin with, let's just say that my launch account had horrible luck with SSR (only natural UR being TEQ Vegeta, Golden Freeza, INT Perfect Cell) so I figured it best to start over.

Ya, my account is at rank 195 with 8 URs from summons. I really like it but none of my characters are the "must haves" so I feel like the account won't go far as the content progresses. Certainly much better than my previous account that only had two SSRs by rank 170ish.

Pfft not doing singles like that ever again. Prefer a quick release over slow despair

Not getting a single SS goku pull on my last 100 stones was heart breaking.

Flambe

Man.. Well SA lvl 9 Paragus and 6 of that SR Trunks =|

7 multis for first ssr which was the old damn ssj1 agl Goku lol

Yeah saving stones for Gogeta summon. There's a deal where the first multi is 30 stones, and if you do two 50 stone multi after that the next one is no stones. Think it continues from there after every three multi. If that comes to global I'll gladly use stones. Also there's a discount on purchasing stones.
So 4 multishot summons for 130 stones? Hope we get it as well.

Rates are definitely worse. Did about 15 single pulls and got nothing but rares...

except on a reroll account I tried just for fun where I got 2 "Bye, Guys" back to back and got new Goten and Broly. -_-

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I played this game for a bit when it launched - didnt really click with me and the UI and everything felt slow and sluggish. Is that still the case or have they improved the app performance in the last month ?

Also if i were to start which units would be the best for a relatively easy start ?

JJP12

5 multi summons. Only 1 SSR, the new Goku. I pulled 2 Pegasus and 1 of the new Trunks. Everything else was mostly trash Rs and SRs. I didn't even get that many SRs for Baba shop lol. Now I just need to get 10 of the PHY Brolys.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So has anyone managed to get the stage-drop Broly yet? I'm thinking his drop rate might be lower than King Vegeta's... >.>

And that higher Stamina cost doesn't help either.

Savitar

So has anyone managed to get the stage-drop Broly yet? I'm thinking his drop rate might be lower than King Vegeta's... >.>

And that higher Stamina cost doesn't help either.

I've managed to get five of him! Oddly two times I got him twice in the same battle. I got no idea how that works.

I've managed to get five of him! Oddly two times I got him twice in the same battle. I got no idea how that works.

Yeah, in the reddit they said it's possible to do so. I've had absolutely no luck in getting him to drop yet. :(

But I think this makes up for it...

eRPSiCYl.jpg

tumblr_mcmgtysI9J1qj6bpuo2_r1_500.jpg

I played this game for a bit when it launched - didnt really click with me and the UI and everything felt slow and sluggish. Is that still the case or have they improved the app performance in the last month ?

Also if i were to start which units would be the best for a relatively easy start ?
I'm on iPhone 6 and the performance is still lacking to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom