• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNBL

Managing to rack up those PHY Broly's rather easily, takes a few runs but at SA 7 now. Now trying to Devilman Broly for the Awakening medals..

chrono01

Not everyone's luck is bad.

Lucky space duck.
Congrats!

Also, I hate you. Just a little.

Tournament dates in the database. 12th to 18th. Another six day extravaganza
Wow, so soon? I need to work on leveling my units ASAP, not to mention evolve a couple.

Yeah, in the reddit they said it's possible to do so. I've had absolutely no luck in getting him to drop yet. :(

But I think this makes up for it...

eRPSiCYl.jpg

tumblr_mcmgtysI9J1qj6bpuo2_r1_500.jpg
Congrats to you, as well.

Cromat

STR Beerus with double Bojack leader just dealt 88K to PHY Broly on a normal hit... I wonder how much it would have been had I managed to fire a super.

Man, the thirst is real for Broly...

reddit said:
So I bought the highest stone pack 37 times. 3367 stones in Total. What did I get? Well:
15 Dupe SSRs (some good, some not so good)
3 SS Goku
2 SS Goten
1 SS Gohan
And 1 Broly... Yup. I stopped after Broly because that is all I wanted.
It cost me in total £1190.
I'm crying.

Congrats to you, as well.

Thanks! RNGesus has been really good to me lately.

EDIT: Except for PHY Broly. Still hasn't dropped. :S

Also, if you happened to get the STR Gohan from the WT, you can use the farmable Gohan from the Saiyaman event to level up his SA.

TBVXcjDl.jpg

Savitar

Need a way to beat Broly? Then use this method by Sen.

This is my really easy strategy that revolves around Kaioken Goku. It's hard to mess up and lose with this strategy and really the only card you need is Kaioken Goku and any poverty cards with "Blazing Battle"

-These are the cards you need for your team, the order is from left to right, positioning is important (more on this later):

Any "Over in a Flash" or "Shocking Speed" Card or a Ki Lead (Ideally SSG Goku, but Pikkon works really well)
Kaioken Goku (If you don't have, use a friend)
Any "Blazing Battle" Card
Card that has "Knockout" Passive. Whis or Chiaotzu are best, but if you have no one it's ok, just fill with another "Blazing Battle" or anything really it doesn't matter.
"Blazing Battle" (AGI type)
"Blazing Battle" (AGI type)
Friend can be anything, I usually pick another "Blazing Battle" or Kid Buu

-Items to Bring:

Senzu Bean
Dende
King Yemma or King Ox
Ghost Usher

-The Strategy: Your goal on the map is to land on as many Ki Powerups as possible, hopefully rng will be on your side it powers up your Goku. If not it's ok, you just gotta be smarter with positioning Ki Spheres for him.

-Remember how I said team positioning is important? You're gonna want Goku to be attacking in the first turn that way he's on Broly's non attack turn (Broly attacks every two turns ie Attack, Stop, Attack, Stop). Make sure you're grouping all the Blue Ki Spheres so Goku can launch a Super on his turn. If he can't launch a super don't waste the Blue Ki Spheres, just set it up for the next time he comes up. ALSO DON'T EVER MOVE GOKU TO THE RIGHT, KEEP HIM IN LEFT AND MIDDLE SPOT TO ATTACK.

-You're Turn 2 team will always consist of your "Blazing Battle" links, this is also the Turn where Broly will always attack. If the order is somehow messed up and Broly is attacking on the Turn with Goku, use a Ghost Usher so your "Blazing Battle" characters will face him. DON'T USE GHOST USHER FOR ANYTHING ELSE.

-On this turn you're just gonna setup enough Blue Ki Spheres for Goku to Super. Focus on getting that Super for Goku. Block against Broly using your Agi "Blazing Battle" Card to reduce damage. Additionally if you have Whis and if Broly happens to attack the middle or right spot, try to KO him. If you don't see the passive go off, just exit Dokkan Battle and block instead. (I rarely ever got Whis to KO him, so it doesn't matter)

-If you see Broly randomly super and you're low on life quickly exit Dokkan Battle and use either a Senzu Bean or Dende to heal up and block it with your Agi "Blazing Link" Card, it does around 22k for reference.

-If Broly does his multi hitting super, use King Yemma and again block with your Agi "Blazing Link" Card, make sure the third character he hits is your weakest card.

-That's all there is to it. It's really hard to lose with this strategy. Each run you'll probably only use 1 or 2 Senzu Beans and 1 King Yemma. You'll fire off atleast two Dokkan Modes which help with HP Regeneration.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think having a character with stun actively messes up that strat. Since he might attack on the next turn where your Kaioken Goku would be. Not entirely sure though. Either way if you're using a character with stun you'd want him in the turn Broly attacks, in which case you'd either 1) reset constantly until the stun passive goes off or 2) get hit hard

yogloo

Kid buu lead helps immensely in fighting broly. It made it so easy that there was no urgency at all in fighting him.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Kid buu lead helps immensely in fighting broly. It made it so easy that there was no urgency at all in fighting him.
So what, just as easy as tacking on a Kid Buu to your team and letting his Passive save the day? Does that work for the 2nd mission on Z-Hard too? I need them medals now...

yogloo

I used him on the 2nd mission. Basically you concentrate all your attack on a single cannon (in my case kaio Ken goku) and kid buu helps by healing 10 percent every two round on top of his 50 percent bonus hp. I only needed one senzu dealing with him.

Well PHY Broly is ridiculously easy with Turles lead surprisingly. I could finish it faster but my STRs can take him out pretty fast regardless. Gonna start farming tomorrow to get the SA levels up.

I finally finished the LSSJ Broly mission by burning a stone so it evened out when I got that back. It was a pain in the ass and it took 4 tries which was 160 energy over the day.

Here are some thoughts I have on the Broly battle personally. Its very fun but the links management kinda dampens the fun as well.

1. Blazing battle links sucks dicks, there is no way else to put it. Specifically the units they gave them to. Like why freaking King Vegeta of all people? The amount of units that have it is low and its given to only 4 AGLs, 3 of which are summon only exclusive and only 2 SSRs. Most of the units stats are terrible fodder stats which makes killing Broly a pain.

2. Broly has ridiculous defense where everyone does 10 damage unless its a super or the link is active.

3. The event really pushes for you to get one of the new characters to make the battle easier with their natural Rampage nullification.

4. There is no nuking unit available in global yet so you can't cheese it sadly. Even my SSG AGL Goku and SSGSS AGL Goku average around 140k per super.

5. The TEQs do not mesh well at all and the links are terrible so blazing battle might as well be worthless for doing under 40k damage per hit unless you manage to get a super off. Thats the biggest issue really, the typing is really skewed to the "free" TEQ you can farm such as SSJ TEQ Goku and Mighty Mask if you don't have any of the AGLs with the link.

6. I found more success just making an AGL team of Gokus and adding a friends new SSJ STR Goku on my last try and the battle would have been easier if I took off King Vegeta and SSJ TEQ Goku for more AGLs instead of trying to get Blazing Battle Link.

7. I feel some kind of good item should drop besides the medal for the 40 energy and sheer amount of items you are probably gonna use to take down Broly.

8. Broly does 60k vs Super AGLs with his super if you let it off, was a shocker for me lol

9. The ki spots before fighting Broly gives a good amount of Ki but it choses the most random unit when your AGLs could really use it, but thats RNG for you.

10. Broly is down after the yellow bar which is a relief since I thought you needed to get past another bar of red too lol.

11. Broly is gonna be a pain in the tournament for the people that don't get him.

12. My first single pull in the event was an SR Tien so screw you RNG! Showing me SSJ2 Goku and then nothing. Tien really has it out for me since he has appeared to me over 5 times in the last 20 pulls, but he got sold to baba. Baba needs to give more points for pulled SRs, that shit was 5 Dragon Stones you old hag!!!!!

13. I'm gonna get a multipull and try my luck and afterwards it single pulls all day until the tournament, fingers crossed for Broly as I could use an natural STR SSR badly.

14. I'll try and farm Broly for the 10 medals just if I do get Broly down the line.

15. I hope to pull one of the new units to get a better/easier chance of taking down Broly.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
\
1. Blazing battle links sucks dicks, there is no way else to put it. Specifically the units they gave them to. Like why freaking King Vegeta of all people?

Because he was in the first Broly movie for half a second. Also Blazing Battle is a shit translation for the link name, considering it comes from a song where a man screams BURNING FIGHT in english.

https://youtu.be/8fqjKU2CkVM?t=2m1s

JP Dokkan is the top grossing app today so they gave away 59 stones because of it.

Flashy

Somehow I was able to get 3 Broly medals. The first 2 times I had to use 1 stone.

I only have 4 units that have the link,too. AGI SSJ Goku, King Vegeta, Mighty Mask and AGI Trunks (teen)....

You can, it is the same character, so awakened or not will level SA up.

I love you.

And congrats on the Broly. :] I just started playing recently, so I definitely can't take him on. SSR TEQ Goku is going to be my first non-pulled SSR. My only other SSRs are INT Adult Gohan and PHY Vegeta, but I'm not even using the latter since his INT SR counterpart fits my team better at the moment. I'm just collecting stones and biding my time until a really good roll event comes. I'm not sure if I should participate in the World Tournament, but I'm having fun just maxing out what I already have.

I love you.

And congrats on the Broly. :] I just started playing recently, so I definitely can't take him on. SSR TEQ Goku is going to be my first non-pulled SSR. My only other SSRs are INT Adult Gohan and PHY Vegeta, but I'm not even using the latter since his INT SR counterpart fits my team better at the moment. I'm just collecting stones and biding my time until a really good roll event comes. I'm not sure if I should participate in the World Tournament, but I'm having fun just maxing out what I already have.

Do the tourney as it's a great place to at least level up and get lots of zenni.

And man, the new AGI Trunks is amazing for the LSSJ Broly stage and for mono AGI teams in general. Supers for days!

SnakeEyes

Banned
So I tried the 2nd Stage mission for the first time and damn is that drawn out! It's a damn challenge to not only maintain health but also maintain items. I got him down to his last health bar but the two characters I'd thrown in to get the Rampage-Cancel just weren't cutting the mustard (TEQ SS Vegeta and STR Great Saiyaman 2.)

Anyone got some good tips? My current Heavy-Hitter team is TEQ SSJ2 Gohan (1st WT card), AGL SSJ2 Goku, STR SSJ3 Goku, AGL Kaioken Goku, PHY SS Gohan, and STR SS Bardock. In terms of items I took in 2x Senzu Beans, 2x Dende, 2x Ghost, and 2x Tree of Might Fruit.

Should I just swap out as many characters as I can for AGL characters, and aim for a friend assist from someone who has Kid Buu?

So I tried the 2nd Stage mission for the first time and damn is that drawn out! It's a damn challenge to not only maintain health but also maintain items. I got him down to his last health bar but the two characters I'd thrown in to get the Rampage-Cancel just weren't cutting the mustard (TEQ SS Vegeta and STR Great Saiyaman 2.)

Anyone got some good tips? My current Heavy-Hitter team is TEQ SSJ2 Gohan (1st WT card), AGL SSJ2 Goku, STR SSJ3 Goku, AGL Kaioken Goku, PHY SS Gohan, and STR SS Bardock. In terms of items I took in 2x Senzu Beans, 2x Dende, 2x Ghost, and 2x Tree of Might Fruit.

Should I just swap out as many characters as I can for AGL characters, and aim for a friend assist from someone who has Kid Buu?

Get rid of PHY SS Gohan. He has disadvantage vs Broly anyways. Put in 2 more AGLs of SSR variety if you can or go for the link to nullify rampage. You should aim to let KaioKen Goku super as much as possible. If your friend list has one of the new units, back out to your team and take out your links people while putting the best AGLs you have in your team. Then just make sure to use Usher when the Broly is attacking and your friend isn't in the round.

Do the tourney as it's a great place to at least level up and get lots of zenni.

And man, the new AGI Trunks is amazing for the LSSJ Broly stage and for mono AGI teams in general. Supers for days!

I'll consider it, thanks! I went from Rank 29 to 46 is just about an hour trying to get those Goku Medals. I can only imagine how high I would be if I did this during the double EXP time.

yogloo

Bring dende, senzu, yemma and tree of might if you want.

You only need kaioken goku. Save all the blue orbs for him and let him do all the attack. Use fruit of might if you need it. The rest of the team needs the broly buster link for blocking. R trunks is highly recommended. Also try to get the Sr trunks from the summon. Kid buu assist is one of the best for this mission.

Bring dende, senzu, yemma and tree of might if you want.

You only need kaioken goku. Save all the blue orbs for him and let him do all the attack. Use fruit of might if you need it. The rest of the team needs the broly buster link for blocking. R trunks is highly recommended. Also try to get the Sr trunks from the summon. Kid buu assist is one of the best for this mission.

This is pretty much the case. If you can get an AGL SSG Goku friend as well, that'll make the battle waaaaaaaaaaaay faster since Kaioken and SSG Goku link for mad Ki plus beefy super damage.

Here's the team I used to beat Broly.

PRZFAt3l.jpg

And the rotation looked like this...

- Pikkon, Kaioken, xxx (damage dealer charge)
- Trunks, SSJ Goku, xxx (tanking charge)

Based on what he has, he should always have Vegeta and Saiyaman 2 in the tanking charge since they'll have the best defense against Broly out of his units due to the Blazing Battle link. Generally have Pikkon attack before Kaioken as he drops Broly's defense. And as always, try to ensure you can get Kaioken to pop his super off. Might help having an Oolong AGL item as well to get those blue ki balls for Kaioken.

I was able to get this damage off with Kaioken at most with my team:

auRjf0rl.jpg

Ecthelion

Neo Member
Finally I managed to defeat the 40stn Broly, too.
I mainly used AGL SSGSS Goku to do the damage and sometimes AGL SS Goku. Kid Buu as a friend, the rest were having the needed link skill (Great SM2, SS Vegeta, MightyMask, King Vegeta).

Took some time, I used 2 senzus, 2 cargos, 1 Dende and 2 Mighty fruit, so it's possible without DS and the bloody new characters.

Although I doubt it that missing any of these elements would have let me do it (albeit I had 1 Dende left.)

Is there something special with Kaioken Goku? I have him, too, but I felt SSGSS Goku can hit harder.

Also, has anyone tried this battle using Devilman + his super + game-kill+restarts?

I just got him recently, and I feel the urge to try to knock Broly down with him, just I don't really know if it is worth the 40 stn... :D

Savitar

How much damage does Kaioken Goku do exactly. I got him but with SSB having a SA of 8 it's hard to believe Kaioken Goku can match it.

Arrrammis

Does anyone know of a good place to get grandpa Gohan awakening medals? I just need 5 more to awaken my new AGL Gohan. On a side note, does anyone have kid buu that could add me? It would be much appreciated.
Here's my user I.d.: 1011421103
Finally I managed to defeat the 40stn Broly, too.
I mainly used AGL SSGSS Goku to do the damage and sometimes AGL SS Goku. Kid Buu as a friend, the rest were having the needed link skill (Great SM2, SS Vegeta, MightyMask, King Vegeta).

Took some time, I used 2 senzus, 2 cargos, 1 Dende and 2 Mighty fruit, so it's possible without DS and the bloody new characters.

Although I doubt it that missing any of these elements would have let me do it (albeit I had 1 Dende left.)

Is there something special with Kaioken Goku? I have him, too, but I felt SSGSS Goku can hit harder.

Also, has anyone tried this battle using Devilman + his super + game-kill+restarts?

I just got him recently, and I feel the urge to try to knock Broly down with him, just I don't really know if it is worth the 40 stn... :D
It works, might take you a lot of opening and closing the app. From Reddit: http://imgur.com/GxNdc2U

Kettch

So I played this for a little bit when it first came out, but moved on to other things. Decided to try it again and reroll for Broly. It took forever, probably like 1500 pulls and around 10 of each of the other featured URs, but I finally picked him up. Then I did a few missions to get the stones for a 10 pull...and got the new SSR Goten. So I'm pretty happy, looks like they work great together, well worth the bad rerolling luck.

I'm guessing I probably can't rank up fast enough to get the medals to dokkan Broly before the event ends this time though? Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like it's pretty hard.

I'm guessing I probably can't rank up fast enough to get the medals to dokkan Broly before the event ends this time though? Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like it's pretty hard.

If it's a new account, getting the medals from Broly is 100% impossible for you right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom