• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I played this for a little bit when it first came out, but moved on to other things. Decided to try it again and reroll for Broly. It took forever, probably like 1500 pulls and around 10 of each of the other featured URs, but I finally picked him up. Then I did a few missions to get the stones for a 10 pull...and got the new SSR Goten. So I'm pretty happy, looks like they work great together, well worth the bad rerolling luck.

I'm guessing I probably can't rank up fast enough to get the medals to dokkan Broly before the event ends this time though? Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like it's pretty hard.

I would recommend getting PHY Broly. If you can force your Goten to UR and have supporting STRs like Grandpa Gohan with +3ki. Just so you get the stones and have a good PHY unit.

Savitar

Got all ten of my PHY Broly's, now need to beat the main event to dokkan the sucker.

I suppose doing so would be some consolation for not getting the big guy with all those pulls.

Got all ten of my PHY Broly's, now need to beat the main event to dokkan the sucker.

I suppose doing so would be some consolation for not getting the big guy with all those pulls.
Just got mine to SA 10 and dokkaned to UR. He's definitely one of the better PHY out so far in just solid stats and links to the other PHY Saiyans. If your PHY team is still lacking, might not be too bad in having another normal SR Broly for the links between the two.

And I really hoped we could have gotten the level 3 rewards from the Facebook campaign. Need all those x5 Supreme Kais and x5 Old Kais. :(

LNBL

What broly 40sta team can help me beat him?

fKYmu9r.jpg

vOoCV55.jpg

Troedler

Neo Member
Strangely Angel Goku is supreme damage which make this kinda downgrade.

What broly 40sta team can help me beat him?

fKYmu9r.jpg

vOoCV55.jpg

AGL SSJ Goku, King Vegeta, Mighty Mask, AGL Trunks... I had 5 Cards in my deck with the "Nullify Rampage" ability (all old cards, none of the new summoning). You will be fine with these 4 since 2 of them are AGL.

Then you need 1-2 very good hitters. In my case I only had Kaioken Goku that dealt the damage. He will start very slow but will increase dmg with every super. Getting some KI on the path to Broly for Kaioken Goku helps a lot. Together with Kid Boo (HP +50) I never needed a single DS to continue. In your case... I would aim for a Kaioken Goku friend. Your second "hitter" which rather is a support unit should be your AGL final form frieza (for +2 Ki).

Support Items: Senzu Beans, Dende, Ox King, Ghost Usher

Once the battle starts, this is your tactic.: you will have 2-3 rounds without an attack of broly. What you try to do here is order your cards that you will have Kaioken Goku and AGL final form frieza playing togehter on 1 and 2 Position (for dealing damage) and AGL SSJ Goku and AGL Trunks playing together on 1 ans 2 on the next turn (for blocking).

Broly will always strike one turn (here you want to have your blocking cards on 1 and 2 position). The next turn you will try to hit with Kaioken Goku on 1 or 2 Position. Always keep your blocking and hitting units on 1 and 2 togehter.

This is my rough plan for you. It really sounds complicated but with this strategy you can beat broly quite easily. What you then need to learn is how much damage Broly will deal. There are some variables since sometimes Broly will attack all three cards, sometimes hi will only hit one card (and sometimes he will super with this attack.

Good luck.
Also, only use Ghost Usher when Broly wants to attack your attacking units. Furthermore I am also not too sure about the HP management since you don't have (the really useful) Kid Boo.... Also...try only to hit supers with Kaioken Goku, dont waste blue Ki spheres with other characters.

yogloo

I don't like ghost usher when fighting broly. Baba is actually better. Or yemma if you don't have baba. Using usher messes up the turn forcing you to readjust your formation, having to move the main cannon to the turn where broly is not attacking.

It can be dangerous especially if you have more than one character without the burning fight link.

Troedler

Neo Member
I don't like ghost usher when fighting broly. Baba is actually better. Or yemma if you don't have baba. Using usher messes up the turn forcing you to readjust your formation, having to move the main cannon to the turn where broly is not attacking.

It can be dangerous especially if you have more than one character without the burning fight link.

Yeah it is not the perfect support, but it sometimes is handy at the beginning of the battle, when you do the card positionings and broly attacks your "attacking unit" (without the nullify rampage link).

Edit: What I also wanted to mention: Ox King is still bugged and overpowered. Hi is blocking way more than 25%...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's cool that there are so many strategies to beating Broly. From what I saw Cell was kinda just, eh? Like he hits hard as hell and there's no clever way to beat him that I saw, just beat his face faster than he can kill you. Or if you're lucky stun him

Kind of sucks since I need at way more Cell medals than I do Broly

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
It's cool that there are so many strategies to beating Broly. From what I saw Cell was kinda just, eh? Like he hits hard as hell and there's no clever way to beat him that I saw, just beat his face faster than he can kill you. Or if you're lucky stun him

Kind of sucks since I need at way more Cell medals than I do Broly

Really makes me appreciate those "support" characters. i.e. PHY Buu is considered a horrible SSR due to him having low atk. But last time I rerolled I got him as a 3rd SSR and was able to do events a person at that rank shouldn't have been able to. It adds a level of depth to the game.

Savitar

I can't even imagine how much money that person pumped into getting those duplicates. He surely kept some of the WT Old Kai level up cards I'm sure but still.

Troedler

Neo Member
I need an advice if I should do the Guaranteed SSR pull with my tournament tickets now or if I should save my tickets.

I understand that in this SSR pool, all the SSRs of the game, except for the Dokkan festival (Broly..) will be contained. Since the quality of the future SSR cards will raise in, I should probably wait!?

I am attempted to pull because I want either SS3 or AGL SSG Goku, they appear so prominent and "pullable" on the banner. ;)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If it's anything like japan's tournament tickets, the only thing that gets added is Turles and Spirit Bomb Goku. Hasn't been updated since.

Savitar

I managed to beat Broly again for a third time and dokkaned his PHY version. I suppose I got one no matter what, though I'd still love to have the STR version. Just one would be nice.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I attempted 2 times to do Broly today, with this following:
- AGL Kaioken Goku
- TEG SS Vegeta
- TEG Mighty Mask
- STR Great Saiyaman 2
- INT King Vegeta
- TEG SS Goku
- AGL Kid Buu (Friend)

... And I could barely get him to the end of the first health bar before getting utterly rekt. I'm starting to think the new SR/SSR AGL Trunks with the Passive of converting Rainbow orbs to AGL orbs is almost a requirement for beating him. This may sound dumb, but can anyone actually explain to me how Blazing Battle works? Do you need all 3 in the lineup to be able to Rampage-Cancel? Does it mean he just hits the one character closest to him with a regular attack?

I'm still trying to grasp where I'm going wrong here..

Savitar

If I didn't have SSB Goku, and the three new cards from this festivel, STR Goku, STR Goten and AGI Trunks I got my doubts I'd be able to do it myself. Everyone seems to do so so damage at best. But with SSB Goku doing over hundred thousand to two hundred thousand damage depending on luck and Goku, Goten and Trunks helping out I'm able to get him down. Whis stuns him at times too which no doubt does some good. I added Sayiaman 2 STR to help complete the line up.

In the end basically use a modified version of the guide to beat Broly posted earlier but still use the overall same strategy and items.

I decided I hate the broly event after all. Specifically how my AGL URs do only 10 damage unless its a super which is reallyyyyyyyyyy dumb. The Blazing battle units can only do 10k max per combo without super due to super vs extreme and then type neutral to STR. Its so dumb. >:| Literally being 1 ki from a super and seeing 10 damage pop up on the screen. Even with Blazing battle on, it only works on those in the links and the unit not with the link does crap damage.

You basically want one of the 4 SSJs but specifically Gohan for his type and stats vs Broly even though Trunks is more useful for AGL teams. If you have all 4 new units then you can farm Broly at a comfortable rate.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I just figured "Fuck it" and I spent money for the first time to buy some stones to make a Multi-summon pull. All of the cards were pretty garbage except the last 2: R AGL Trunks (I'd used the one I had upgraded about a month back training up another character) aaaaaand... SR AGL Kid Trunks :D

Maybe I can beat Broly now afterall :D

Edit: Fuckin' did it! Clutch as hell though. And beat him a second time now. I think I have the right team going.

Savitar

Is there any hope for me to beat Broly? I just tried and was destroyed.

I generally have a strong account but it's very lacking in the AGI department.

You got some usable cards and it might be possible but honestly unless you get two or so cards from the current event I wouldn't exactly give you great chances. The Broly event isn't very forgiving unless you got some real good choices.

Maddness

Man, thanks for the advice on which cards to get. Once you get the cards and understand the order and when you need to attack he's easy as hell. I destroyed him 3 in a row.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Take the four characters with the Blazing Battle Link, SSJ3 Goku, and Zangya into the fight if you have Kaioken Goku as a friend. Use the guide posted back and position SSJ3 Goku with Kaioken instead of Pikkon

So I know my cards aren't hot in any sense, but what should I focus on? I only have limited medals, so I don't really want to waste it on a unit that won't last me a while.

O7QUH4Q.jpg

Savitar

So I know my cards aren't hot in any sense, but what should I focus on? I only have limited medals, so I don't really want to waste it on a unit that won't last me a while.

O7QUH4Q.jpg

For Broly you mean? You can't.

But if you mean a team overall I'd go with Your AGIL SSR Goku, the SSR TEQ Goku, SSR INT Gohan, SR STR Cell, SSR PHY Vegeta and TEQ Beerus

If you can't use both Goku's (some times you can, some times you can't) I'd swap the TEQ one with TEQ Beerus and pick one more high level card.

Replace as you get better.

For Broly you mean? You can't.

But if you mean a team overall I'd go with Your AGIL SSR Goku, the SSR TEQ Goku, SSR INT Gohan, SR STR Cell, SSR PHY Vegeta and TEQ Beerus

If you can't use both Goku's (some times you can, some times you can't) I'd swap the TEQ one with TEQ Beerus and pick one more high level card.

Replace as you get better.
I just meant for a general team. What's the rationale behind your team? I've been using most of my INT units with the TEQ Goku, Beerus, and Trunks (INT Gohan as leader). Granted, I had no idea what I was doing.

Work on the event SRs and your natural SSRs. Like Grandpa Gohan and King Vegeta. The event SRs link up together and makes a functional team.

All right here is my current team.

pyRAmmy.jpg

Who should I replace with Grandpa Gohan? I'm concerned about King Vegeta's lackluster damage (which is why I was really curious about the person who said he was the hardest hitting one on their team), but I opted to keep him and the SR INT Vegeta instead of the SSR PHY Vegeta to take advantage of Gohan's leader skill.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
General tips:

Feed your awakened Ns and Ns in general to your cards. Fodder of the same type gets bonus exp.

If you need Gregory or Bubbles medals you can get them from the first stage of "Epic Showdown" on Normal and Hard respectively.

I'd replace King Vegeta with Grandpa Gohan. And wait for the Bojack event to come back to put SSJ Gohan Teen in. For him either replace Beerus or SSJ Goku. Beerus has worse links but hits harder in general, SSJ Goku has better links but his passive barely goes off and has a high ki threshold.

General tips:

Feed your awakened Ns and Ns in general to your cards. Fodder of the same type gets bonus exp.

If you need Gregory or Bubbles medals you can get them from the first stage of "Epic Showdown" on Normal and Hard respectively.

I'd replace King Vegeta with Grandpa Gohan. And wait for the Bojack event to come back to put SSJ Gohan Teen in. For him either replace Beerus or SSJ Goku. Beerus has worse links but hits harder in general, SSJ Goku has better links but his passive barely goes off and has a high ki threshold.
Thanks for the tips. I knew about the N feeding, but I'm holding onto them to use them on worthwhile units. I'm running pretty low on common medals like Gregory and Dr. Gero, so thanks for that tip.

Also, I may have misunderstood you. Are you telling me to remove my SSR INT Gohan until the Bojack event? I don't think I have any other SSJ Gohan. Unless you're talking about a Gohan I can get from that event?

JJP12

And 3 wins makes a Broly! Man, the addition of the new SR Kid Trunks was the make-or-break moment for my team :)

Yeah Kid Trunks saved my team as well. I'm 2/2 tonight with him. Just need to wait for stamina to recharge to get my third medal, already have SA lvl 10 Broly ready to go =]

I'm just working on getting PHY Broly. I got 3 atm. I won't Dokkan him since I'm too weak, but I can prepare for him when he comes back in the future. OX king item is still so broken. I can't wait for Baba shop to sell him for me.

Aurizen

I'm just working on getting PHY Broly. I got 3 atm. I won't Dokkan him since I'm too weak, but I can prepare for him when he comes back in the future. OX king item is still so broken. I can't wait for Baba shop to sell him for me.

how soon till Broly medals show up in the Shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom