• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

SS Adult Gohan's Family Kamehameha sure packs a wallop. That passive skill really boosts it a lot, lol.

I've seen many more Gotens and even Goku's than that Gohan. Not sure if it's not that common or people under estimate it, it's actually one of the better cards out there nowadays.

Sec0nd

Have been doing desperation pulls to get more characters to beat Broly with using the daily stones and compensation stones. Usually my single pulls are utter garbage but I've gotten Kid Trunks, an AGL Goku, and pulled Broly this morning. That last one was quite a surprise! Anyway, still don't have a team to beat Broly with. Managed to beat him one time but that was primarily because of a friend AGL Gohan, which I haven't been able to get anymore.

Ecthelion

Neo Member
Hi guys,

I have 44 DS now, and since we have the ending of the Broly summon event today, what do you recommend:
single pulls?

Or wait until I get enough for a multi later?

I mean to "maximize" the odds to get Broly (which I know is bare silliness to hope for in this game).

Hi guys,

I have 44 DS now, and since we have the ending of the Broly summon event today, what do you recommend:
single pulls?

I mean to "maximize" the odds to get Broly (which I know is bare silliness to hope for in this game).

Depends, do you want disappointment at once or over time? I say do singles.

Ecthelion

Neo Member
:) yes, I was expecting something like this.
Actually probably I can rephrase my question to something like this:
does anyone know if ongoing summons have any effect on probability?

I know sometimes Bandai actually writes such thing down, but generally what's the case?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Heard that PHY Broly fight drops old kai medals but after 30 attempts and not a single drop I gave up.

Now trying to finish areas10-14 before tomorrow. Using a stone to refill stamina leaves a hole inside of me.

:) yes, I was expecting something like this.
Actually probably I can rephrase my question to something like this:
does anyone know if ongoing summons have any effect on probability?

I know sometimes Bandai actually writes such thing down, but generally what's the case?
Every summon is independent from each other.

Shouta

Hi guys,

single pulls?

I'd save it personally unless you really want Broly or don't have SSRs to back you up currently.

I finally got the rolls I wanted from the JP version. SSR Gogeta and SSR SS God Goku. Also picked up SSR #18, Piccolo, SS2 Vegeta and SS Bardock. Then there's the unique SSR Gokus they gave out.

200 Dragon Stones for free for newbies is pretty wild.

chrono01

Ugh, over Valentines Day weekend. That means Sunday's pretty much a write-off, with the movies and dinner with wifey ~_~
It's just a theory. With the leaked dates earlier, and now maintenance, everything lines up. There's no guarantee, but if we do get it many relationships could potentially be strained because of it.

Not the best timing, that's for sure haha.

How hard is it to get in the top 5000? I only have a ragtag group of SSRs, most of which started as an SR, and the free UR TEQ Goku. Is that the only way to get a guaranteed SSR?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
How hard is it to get in the top 5000? I only have a ragtag group of SSRs, most of which started as an SR, and the free UR TEQ Goku. Is that the only way to get a guaranteed SSR?
You can get 100 wins for a guaranteed SSR as well. But if you do that you'll likely make top 5k anyways
It's just a theory. With the leaked dates earlier, and now maintenance, everything lines up. There's no guarantee, but if we do get it many relationships could potentially be strained because of it.

Not the best timing, that's for sure haha.
When it leaks from that site it's pretty much a guarantee. He just lifts stuff from the database

Also telltale sign a tournament is coming soon: login event where you get a stone a day

Savitar

Trying to decided on who to use for the tournament. A lot of good cards, I'll probably just go with what I feel and go for 100 wins. I could have done it last time, if I hadn't played for three days.

Savitar

Pretty sure you'll get put up against people in your own situation.

You can earn lots of big exp, money and maybe get some decent items out of it so it never hurts if you want to give it a try.

The only real danger I ever saw was when someone pulled off a SA but only seen that happen twice.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't think I had anyone launch a super the entirety of the last tournament.

This is what I'm going with this tournament
QUQhrPq.jpg

Everyone's pretty self sufficient and can hit hard enough with their passive. Went with half Super half Extreme. Last tournament got boned with so many super saiyan teams, may add more extreme if it's not enough

Pretty sure you'll get put up against people in your own situation.

You can earn lots of big exp, money and maybe get some decent items out of it so it never hurts if you want to give it a try.

The only real danger I ever saw was when someone pulled off a SA but only seen that happen twice.

Alright thanks.

I'll give it a shot. I won't care if I don't get GSSR or anything.

BrunoM

This is what I'm taking to the WT

20160211_184125.png

Going half half ..

Just going to shot for the 100 wins and hope that's it to stay on the top 2500 to 5K

Savitar

I don't think I had anyone launch a super the entirety of the last tournament.

The only times I saw them was in the first tournament and even then it was kinda a WTF situation as didn't expect it. They did do a lot of damage which forced me to use a senzu but since then never seen one.

Does energy/stamina restore all the way after the maintenance is done? I'd rather not start the tournament with only 30ish energy due to 2 hour wait time lol.

I hope getting to 100 wins is doable with a reasonable amount of time spent. I have a weak team, and I prefer not to have to play all day every day until it ends.

I hope getting to 100 wins is doable with a reasonable amount of time spent. I have a weak team, and I prefer not to have to play all day every day until it ends.

It takes 60 energy to completely finish a tournament. Assuming you don't rank up in between rounds, thats a 5 hour wait for 60 energy. You will have to spend anywhere from 20/30 stones depending on your natural stamina and doing the regular wait period when you sleep.

yogloo

Getting to 100 is harder than everyone thinks. Boredom hits really hard during the late stages.
It takes about 15-20 mins to finish a full tournament without broly. You will need to play about 4 hours a day to get to 100.

I was planning on using Stones to get to that 100 Win mark, but I honestly have no idea how the tournament really even works. If it takes 20 minutes to finish one tournament, and that counts as 1 win, we would have to play for a total of 2000 minutes to get to 100 wins? And that's assuming you don't lose any of the tournaments? That's kinda discouraging.

Kyou

I was planning on using Stones to get to that 100 Win mark, but I honestly have no idea how the tournament really even works. If it takes 20 minutes to finish one tournament, and that counts as 1 win, we would have to play for a total of 2000 minutes to get to 100 wins? And that's assuming you don't lose any of the tournaments? That's kinda discouraging.
I went for it on the first one and got to like 50 wins before I felt like a kid that just smoked an entire carton of cigarettes

Last tournament I was just super casual and it was way better

Getting to 100 is harder than everyone thinks. Boredom hits really hard during the late stages.
It takes about 15-20 mins to finish a full tournament without broly. You will need to play about 4 hours a day to get to 100.

I remember getting to 100 in 3 days during the first tourney. Fuck that noise, even if I was partially on vacation for two of those days and hosting an all day event on the other!

Save me Broly-senpai. o.o

I went for it on the first one and got to like 50 wins before I felt like a kid that just smoked an entire carton of cigarettes

Last tournament I was just super casual and it was way better
Damn, I'm not even sure I should use stones on it then or even try to go for 100. But I desperately need SSR units, and this seemed like the most efficient way in terms of stone cost.

How much stamina should I have before I start burning stones on tournament runs? I'm at 60 stamina right now since I couldn't be bothered to rank up that much after starting this new account.

Savitar

Doesn't it cost you that much to do one tournament win? Or close to it. The key I noticed is simple to getting high ranks, use dragon stones. I get the impression a lot of people actually save them instead of using them during tournaments.

Broly really is great for tournaments, used a friends and was able to easily one shot an entire team on the second move.

It's pretty funny to see.

yogloo

It's tough to say. It's less than ideal to do tourneys on 60 stamina. But on the other hand this tourneys top 5000 prize is one of the better prize. Orb changer kaio Ken goku.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Emergency maintenance. What do they think this is the last few hours of the tournament?

edit: damn scheduled for a full day, didn't notice that

Savitar

It started to act up, get very slow and go down before the final error I saw was saying all the results had been calculated.

Guess we'll get a few dragon stones from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom