• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm trying to make a run for the 100 wins for the first time, while being as energy efficient as possible. Curse this huge gap from 30-50...

Savitar

I'm up to 64 wins now, got two DB Saga gold tickets for hitting 60 and got goofy face Tien and Commander Perv. Yeah my luck on rolls just hasn't improved at all.

I really wish I got Old King Piccolo. That leader skill is so good. +2 ki to all types. Any of the Dragon Ball SSRs really due to type or the leader skill. PLZ Gold DB tickets, hook me up!

I can finally start grinding starting tomorrow after 10pm. Its gonna be a long one.

The high damage has been throwing me off. Almost lost a round to that. Have to be careful, can't tank on wrong colors anymore. Too bad orb RNG has been really bad to me recently.

Yo I just got random supered out of a quarter finals. Was a total shocker lol.

Anyways I think I'm gonna say screw it and go ham on my INT team and add like 2 support URs. If I can fire off supers for days and deal with the PHYs I get sometimes. I can get to 100 wins faster. Then I can worry about ranking points.

Yeah, I've lost a couple rounds without realizing it due to enemy supers popping off. I turn back around thinking Broly got his super off, then I see the tournament end screen! XD

Kyou

Yeah, I've lost a couple rounds without realizing it due to enemy supers popping off. I turn back around thinking Broly got his super off, then I see the tournament end screen! XD

same. What's the deal, did they rebalance it? I long for the boring days of each enemy doing 10 damage and I didnt have to pay any attention

chrono01

Yeah, I had a super kill me last night. I was on the final match too. I heard it go off, thought it was mine (I was looking at the PC) and then GAME OVER. The damage from enemies is really inconsistent too. Even when blocking with the opposite type, sometimes I'll get hit for very little and other times they take a nice chunk out of my health. It kind of makes it difficult gauging how much I can/can't take, damage-wise.

It definitely requires more attention than I'd prefer, especially considering how mind-numbingly boring it is. :/

same. What's the deal, did they rebalance it? I long for the boring days of each enemy doing 10 damage and I didnt have to pay any attention

I had weaklings hit me for 10k without even a type advantage. I also had type disadvantage that did 6k to me. All were awakened too.

Weird.

Kyou

"It's okay, I have 30k hp and am good on all type matchups"
*briefly turns and looks at tv, turns back*
Mr. Announcer: RETIRING ALREADY?!

Since we usually end up playing the same group of people in the tourney, it always feels good to play that team again and drop a Broly super on their ass as a run back. :D

Due to this happening to you guys as well. I'm doing no discrimination all out supers on the enemy team. Specially the ones that have the passive skills that boost their supers by 70+%

Hell I might start throwing in King Yema and other items if need be since I have enough to get 100 wins.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I didn't think the character who Supers mattered until I got hit for 50k by Beerus at 3am when I was randomly playing to go to sleep.

It definitely requires more attention than I'd prefer, especially considering how mind-numbingly boring it is. :/

Ya, last tournament was a cake-walk in comparison. Having to be mindful of a Super requires more attention which is good but multitasking the game with a TV show or movie can lead to deadly results.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If you don't hit any of the numbers during dokkan mode you go straight into super and still hit everyone. Saves time and still will kills everyone

Savitar

I looked it up last night and saw people saying it was a normal hit plus your SA and health recovery.

And yeah I had an opponent do a super against me in the semi finals last night as well, it was a major WTF moment to look up to read something then back down to see I was out.

LNBL

Damn, i get to 9999 rankings after a day of working while also trying to play, only to wake up and find myself back where i started. I already give up lol. Atleast you get the 3 silver SSR tickets from rank 30.000 even

SnakeEyes

Banned
Damn, i get to 9999 rankings after a day of working while also trying to play, only to wake up and find myself back where i started. I already give up lol. Atleast you get the 3 silver SSR tickets from rank 30.000 even
I know them feels. I've spent the last 2 days (my weekend) getting to under 2k, and I woke up this morning back up at 2500. Staying within the sub-2.5k bracket during a work week is going to be hella tough... >.>

chrono01

I can safely say that l never go for 100 wins again. I'm only at something like 32 and I'm bored as hell. I'm going to push through a lot tonight, though. I'm aiming for at least 50, hopefully 60.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I can safely say that l never go for 100 wins again. I'm only at something like 32 and I'm bored as hell. I'm going to push through a lot tonight, though. I'm aiming for at least 50, hopefully 60.
I'm trying to get there for the first time and that 20 win gap between 30 and 50 was HARD. I'm at 50 now, so I'm gunning for those gold DB tickets, but that initial hurdle was tough to get past.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Well the next tournament, if it follows jp like it has been, should be 80 wins for the golden ticket from here on out.
WELL FUCK ME! o_O

Goddamnit Bamco... ~_~
Although, in saying that, this is probably the most F2P-friendly mobile game I've come across. Stones almost every 2nd day, if not from an event then from maintenance, extra characters up the wazoo as well.

yogloo

80 wins in less time though. 4 or 5 days. It's pretty much the same as 100 in 7 days.
It's worse if you happened to be busy because of the shorter time.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah but the japanese tournaments besides the first one, have all been four days. First jp tournament was 7 days and got shorter. Global was 5 days and has only been getting longer. they could totally not follow the 80 wins thing because of that though.

Arrrammis

Well, so far I'm happy with where I am, 77 wins, 10.7 million points, rank 1716. Getting the 100 wins should be enough to stay under 5000 (although some people have a serious push on the last day), but 2500 would still be nice for the extra Elder Kai. Also, Broly has definitely changed the tournament, I just really wish I had been able to pull him (100 stones got me nothing, I even got all the medals needed to awaken him :'( ), but it's still nice when one appears on my friend slot. It really feels like he is the insta-win card for number of battles and points.

JJP12

Glad to hear I'm not the only one to accidentally fall victim to a super. It happened to me twice in a row and on the final match each time. It's just way to hard to stay focused when grinding for 100 wins. I'm at 70 now thank god.

I ended up pulling Uub. He's no Broly but I've been getting a ton of supers thanks to his +3 ki leader skill.

Savitar

I'm 80 plus wins now and just a bit over 1000, was really busy today so couldn't get to play much. But ye gods moving up in the 900 range is pretty brutal, it's fierce. I've seen this one guy so many times now I wonder when he plays does he see mine and think "It's that damn guy again" as well.

yogloo

The highest I got up to is 146. I don't have broly mind you. I think it's really tough to Crack into top 100 without broly.

yogloo

I can't imagine how much one must play to get that.

And that's even if you were hitting supers left and right.

I pretty much super all the time with my build broly or no broly.
Ultimate gohan, z sword gohan, ss goten, roshi, launch and kaioken goku.
It think it's as balanced as I can get considering I don't have broly. If I have broly, my build will be a bit different.

Savitar

I'm using AGI SSB Goku, Teq SSJ Goku, PHY Broly, INT SSJ Gohan, STR Goten and STR SSJ2 Gohan.

Overall it's a damn good team that can pretty much dish it out. But any length of time and get knocked out of the 1000 rank's and have to work the way back up. Like I said, it's fierce competition.

And that's with hitting a fair number of supers and occasional dokkan too.

flak57

I pretty much super all the time with my build broly or no broly.
Ultimate gohan, z sword gohan, ss goten, roshi, launch and kaioken goku.
It think it's as balanced as I can get considering I don't have broly. If I have broly, my build will be a bit different.

That's what I'm going for this tourney as well, the low damage of my team sucks sometimes when they can't super and I don't manage a broly friend though.

Zanyga (+2 lead), SS2 agl gohan (+2 agl/str), ss2 teq goku (+2 teq/str), teq demon king piccolo (+2 teq/int), teq golden frieza 3rd form (+2 teq/str), and str super trunks.

Would like to pull old king piccolo and replace Zangya, and then I'd replace trunks with str kid goku.

Arrrammis

I'm at 93 wins right now at rank 300ish. I'm still thinking if it's worth spending ds to maintain top 1000 rank.
Maybe it's just a formatting issue, but it looks to me like the top 1k don't get any DB tickets, while 1000-2500 get 2 gold ones. Personally, I'd rather have the two DB pulls than a dupe PHY Goku.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Maybe it's just a formatting issue, but it looks to me like the top 1k don't get any DB tickets, while 1000-2500 get 2 gold ones. Personally, I'd rather have the two DB pulls than a dupe PHY Goku.
You get the tickets. One of the rankings don't show medlas either but you still get them

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Really hope there aren't any AGL strike events soon.

XM7Hpld.png

My gf told me this morning that she had a dream that she uninstalled my game. This may be my last tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom