• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

That's pretty good for your team setup. But you'll have Broly teams like myself that are pulling 18k - 22k each match as well.
Okay thanks, I'll just keep at it then. At least once I reach 100 wins, I can just grind out the first match over and over, since I'll only need tournament points. I should be able to move up the rankings faster that way, as long as I'm diligent.

Tamanon

Banned
Going to sleep around 21K. Might just need a tourney or two tomorrow to stay in the <30K bracket for my 3 silver SSR tickets. Just a little longer!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think I might be doing something wrong. I'm at 71 wins and still only Rank 6528. I have 3 UR on my team, and three SSR. I get (on average) between 13k - 18k per match, so I'm not sure if that's low or not. Unless the ranks speed up as I get closer, I doubt I'll make the top 5000.

You're on track to make it sort of. Thing is that on the last day a lot of people will be doing what you're doing, finishing their 100 wins then trying to get prelims in on the last day. And since you're near top 5k and that threshold determines whether you get the card or not, going to be very competitive.

That's why if people have the time I recommend grinding harder the earlier days and just maintaining afterwards.

Also the servers always take dumps on the last day so that's another reason to not grind hard on the last day unless you need to

chrono01

You're on track to make it sort of. Thing is that on the last day a lot of people will be doing what you're doing, finishing their 100 wins then trying to get prelims in on the last day. And since you're near top 5k and that threshold determines whether you get the card or not, going to be very competitive.

That's why if people have the time I recommend grinding harder the earlier days and just maintaining afterwards.

Also the servers always take dumps on the last day so that's another reason to not grind hard on the last day unless you need to
I'm planning on hitting my 100 wins shortly (I'm at 89 now) and then grinding the preliminaries non-stop (as much as I can). Hopefully that will be enough.

I just hope the servers don't become too unstable, I should have gotten this out of the way earlier. :(

Savitar

Almost at 500, will do some more today just to make sure I stay within the 1000 limit in case that's possible. People are probably burnt out now.

Looks like a bunch of events are coming, a Coora event, and even at last the mysterious training in the sky! Finally shall see what that's all about.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
When I have broly I get about 70k during pleminaries. 22-25k per match.

Ya, I get 70k with only one other UR on the team. I imagine a full team of URs would pull much higher numbers but the rest of my SSR and SRs are on the team for +ki to ensure Broly pulls a super.

I must be doing something wrong. I'm trying to get into the top 5000 by spamming the preliminaries, but I'm so inconsistent. I get anywhere between 19k-40k per round, and it's mostly on the lower end.

Maxim726X

I must be doing something wrong. I'm trying to get into the top 5000 by spamming the preliminaries, but I'm so inconsistent. I get anywhere between 19k-40k per round, and it's mostly on the lower end.

What's your team comp like?

Even when I don't get a Broly super, I'm getting at least 40-50K... Assuming they don't kill each other.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
This grind is fucking terrrrrible.

At 93 wins, and the struggle is quite real.

Everything after 70 wins feels excruciating to me these last two tournaments. Last I checked I was rank 1005...I have no problem giving up the rest of the day and sliding in rank as long as it's below 5k. I'm so burned out.

Maxim726X

Everything after 70 wins feels excruciating to me these last two tournaments. Last I checked I was rank 1005...I have no problem giving up the rest of the day and sliding in rank as long as it's below 5k. I'm so burned out.

Yeah I've come far enough where it would be beyond stupid to stop, but I think this will be my last one. This isn't fun, and it isn't worth the time spent. Which, now that I've died to supers at least 5 times, makes it even less enjoyable.

chrono01

Yeah, this is my first (and last) tournament that I run seriously. It's just...not fun. The only reason I'm doing it is because I really want that Kaioken Goku and I've already come this far. I figure I might as well go for 100 wins for the SSR ticket, but it's not an enjoyable experience. I'm at 96 wins now, so it's almost over...

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yeah, this is my first (and last) tournament that I run seriously. It's just...not fun. The only reason I'm doing it is because I really want that Kaioken Goku and I've already come this far. I figure I might as well go for 100 wins for the SSR ticket, but it's not an enjoyable experience. I'm at 96 wins now, so it's almost over...
You have to resign yourself to using Dragon Stones on energy. After getting Dragon Stones as rewards through the tournament, I've still used 7 out of my starting stash.

chrono01

You have to resign yourself to using Dragon Stones on energy. After getting Dragon Stones as rewards through the tournament, I've still used 7 out of my starting stash.
It's what I'm doing, haha.

At the beginning I was more careful about using them, waiting to use them if I close to getting enough to run the next tier. Now? I'm just going all out. Obviously, I'll wait if it's within 1-2 stamina points, but if it's something like 5 I just use the stone anyway. It's times like this I wish Dokkan Battle had stamina overflow. :(

Edit: Also, how common is Namco Bandai removing "cheaters" from the post-event results, or is the final count before maintenance pretty constant?

SnakeEyes

Banned
It's what I'm doing, haha.

At the beginning I was more careful about using them, waiting to use them if I close to getting enough to run the next tier. Now? I'm just going all out. Obviously, I'll wait if it's within 1-2 stamina points, but if it's something like 5 I just use the stone anyway. It's times like this I wish Dokkan Battle had stamina overflow. :(

Edit: Also, how common is Namco Bandai removing "cheaters" from the post-event results, or is the final count before maintenance pretty constant?
Every tourney has a 2 day gap between finishing and reward payment, so I believe they do all their verification in that timeframe. Realistically, they probably only checking the top 10k or so though.

chrono01

Every tourney has a 2 day gap between finishing and reward payment, so I believe they do all their verification in that timeframe. Realistically, they probably only checking the top 10k or so though.
Thanks man, good to know!

100 wins, finally. I haven't done my SSR pull yet, but I will later. The grind is over.

...Somewhat. I need to continue that I remain within the top 5000, but hopefully that won't be too difficult.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Thanks man, good to know!

100 wins, finally. I haven't done my SSR pull yet, but I will later. The grind is over.

...Somewhat. I need to continue that I remain within the top 5000, but hopefully that won't be too difficult.
I got to 100 wins last night, and have only just started doing the prelim round then quit trick, and I'm currently 900-odd. I'm holding my Golden Tickets until after the end to do all at once, for more satisfaction.

Or disappointment.

chrono01

I got to 100 wins last night, and have only just started doing the prelim round then quit trick, and I'm currently 900-odd. I'm holding my Golden Tickets untilk after the end to do all at once, for more satisfaction.

Or disappointment.
Expect despair, it's always better that way. :(

I might hold onto it and do a mass set of pulls too (by mass I mean two). Double the despair, all at once.

chrono01

I couldn't wait, so I used my SSR Ticket. I got the STR Beerus out of it, who is new, and can link with my SSG Goku, so I'm pleased with it. No SSJ3 Goku, though.

I also got 2x Bunny Bulma with my standard tickets. <3

Sec0nd

Bleh, I ran out of time and stones to get 100 wins. Such a shame since this already took way more time than I was actually willing to spend. Hopefully Broly dokkan event comes around quickly so I can dokkan awaken Broly and have an easier time next time.

What's your team comp like?

Even when I don't get a Broly super, I'm getting at least 40-50K... Assuming they don't kill each other.
I'm starting to get better, thanks. If I'm able to fight all three I can get about 36k at least if I Dokkan. But it's getting really hard moving up the ranks. I've been floating around 5800-5700 for the whole day, and it feels like even if I take a moment to breathe I'll drop.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Expect despair, it's always better that way. :(

I might hold onto it and do a mass set of pulls too (by mass I mean two). Double the despair, all at once.
Hey, I got an SS3 Goku out of my last tournament ticket :D

Actually, I do have a question - is the STR Broly now available as part of the normal Summon pool? I farmed the Z-Hard Broly fight for the 10 medals for the Dokkan Awakening, but didn't have the Stones to pull during the Dokkan Festival. Can I get him later or am I just straight fucked? :-/

chrono01

Hey, I got an SS3 Goku out of my last tournament ticket :D

Actually, I do have a question - is the STR Broly now available as part of the normal Summon pool? I farmed the Z-Hard Broly fight for the 10 medals for the Dokkan Awakening, but didn't have the Stones to pull during the Dokkan Festival. Can I get him later or am I just fucked? :-/
Oh man, congrats! Maybe I'll get lucky with my tournament ranking ticket. There's still hope!

And nope, STR Broly will always only be available during Dokkan Festival events.

chrono01

But the Festivals are a repeating event, right??!? O.O

I'd hate it if Broly was a one-and-done chance...
Yeah, they're released about once a month, whenever a new Dokkan character is added. The pool is gradually increased, so the next Dokkan event you'll have a chance to pull Broly as well as the new one added (who, I believe, is TEQ Cell but I could be wrong on that).

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yeah, they're released about once a month, whenever a new Dokkan character is added. The pool is gradually increased, so the next Dokkan event you'll have a chance to pull Broly as well as the new one added (who, I believe, is TEQ Cell but I could be wrong on that).
Edit: Double post

SnakeEyes

Banned
Argh, best have 50 Dragon Stones by the time the next Festival begins. I know the Cell will be Dokkan'able, but that Broly Super is just too awesome.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
... Who's the other half? O.O

http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/To_Break_the_Evil_Super_Saiyan_God_SS_Goku

Cell's passive is 12% attack and defense for every orb you gain with him. This Goku's leader skill is +30% attack for each TEQ orb TEQ characters gain and his passive changes rainbow to TEQ orbs. So you have Goku and Cell out at the same time, use the orb changing items which are cheap as hell in the baba shop, change everything to green (23 orbs) and have Cell hit for five trillion damage or whatever.

Can do similar nuking with Gotenks and this Freeza or PHY Spirit Bomb Goku with this Vegeta, but I think Cell's hits the hardest. Either way you're likely killing whatever you hit, maybe unless you're at a type disadvantage.

Savitar

http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/To_Break_the_Evil_Super_Saiyan_God_SS_Goku

Cell's passive is 12% attack and defense for every orb you gain with him. This Goku's leader skill is +30% attack for each TEQ orb TEQ characters gain and his passive changes rainbow to TEQ orbs. So you have Goku and Cell out at the same time, use the orb changing items which are cheap as hell in the baba shop, change everything to green and have Cell hit for five trillion damage or whatever.

Can do similar nuking with Gotenks and this Freeza or PHY Spirit Bomb Goku with this Vegeta, but I think Cell's hits the hardest. Either way you're likely killing whatever you hit, maybe unless you're at a type disadvantage.

I said GODDAMN.

chrono01

Man, the top 5000 is pretty competitive. I stop playing for 10-15 minutes and drop something like 50 spots. I'll probably be grinding this until the end, just to be safe.

Edit: Kyou, you might want to grind a little more. I'm not sure your sub-4k position will be enough.

Salex_

Went to play 2 LoL matches and I dropped to 2543. Looks like I have to grind til the end to stay under 2500 :(

My 100 win pull was so disappointing. I only had 2/12 of the units in the guaranteed SSR and I happened to get another AGI SSGSS Vegeta.

Went to play 2 LoL matches and I dropped to 2543. Looks like I have to grind til the end to stay under 2500 :(

My 100 win pull was so disappointing. I only had 2/12 of the units in the guaranteed SSR and I happened to get another AGI SSGSS Vegeta.

I just found this out today, but the spawn pool is actually a lot bigger than 12. It's basically every normal SSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom