• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It also depends on the rarity of characters you kill. High rarity yields more points. Your team cost determine the teams you place against. So basically you need SSRs

It also depends on the rarity of characters you kill. High rarity yields more points. Your team cost determine the teams you place against. So basically you need SSRs

Yeah pretty much. I can make better teams if I used SRs and SSR mix but I'd get less points. All URs, helps if all of them are natural unlike PHY Broly and other units that Dokkan into SSRs.

Savitar

I'm aiming for top 1500 now, due to studies, a test tomorrow plus running extremely low on stones. Still it's a good jump up and if I get the character I'm happy.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm aiming for top 1500 now, due to studies, a test tomorrow plus running extremely low on stones. Still it's a good jump up and if I get the character I'm happy.
Why such an odd number? Not going to make the push to get sub-1k for the next reward tier? Or just trying to be safe within the 1k-2.5k reward zone?

Savitar

Why such an odd number? Not going to make the push to get sub-1k for the next reward tier? Or just trying to be safe within the 1k-2.5k reward zone?

Because I'm just over 1000, every time I play I can get up to maybe 700 plus but then when I check next day I'm ping ponged right back to around 1200 to 1300. And as I said earlier my dragon stones are almost all gone so it's just one of those things of having to deal with it and settle for the next best thing.

Savitar

UR's make a huge huge HUGE difference. Seriously............huge.

I managed to finish with 107 tournaments won thus far, just shy over 700 but I expect to be over 1000 again tomorrow. Got my gold ticket and was wanting SSJ3 Goku due to how damn handy he is and more so now that I saw he'll be dokkanable eventually but I had to settle for a lesser version, namely Dodoria's favorite charming rogue, Bardock! Pity he's so late to the party at this point. Still it wasn't a dupe at least right.

chrono01

Am I unlucky or are the AI opponents a lot more super-happy this time? I know it was mentioned earlier, but I've had them use it against me at least three times in the last few hours. I'm finding myself using a Senzu Bean when I'm at half health since I just don't trust it. Not just that, even their physical attacks can hurt a lot, and blocking doesn't really seem to matter. Sometimes I take a few hundred HP in damage while other times it can be 10k+. It's stressful. :/

yogloo

Am I unlucky or are the AI opponents a lot more super-happy this time? I know it was mentioned earlier, but I've had them use it against me at least three times in the last few hours. I'm finding myself using a Senzu Bean when I'm at half health since I just don't trust it. Not just that, even their physical attacks can hurt a lot, and blocking doesn't really seem to matter. Sometimes I take a few hundred HP in damage while other times it can be 10k+. It's stressful. :/
Last tournament was bugged. This is how it is supposed to be.

Savitar

Nice, that's a good one. I kind of wish that there was a way to really enjoy certain cards or team builds more, like an all Freizea one or all Cell one or Ginyu's. It's a pity the game must be so Saiyan based all the time to get the best results.

yogloo

Nice, that's a good one. I kind of wish that there was a way to really enjoy certain cards or team builds more, like an all Freizea one or all Cell one or Ginyu's. It's a pity the game must be so Saiyan based all the time to get the best results.
True. I kinda wish we have a bonus for using themed cards. As of right now, all the themed cards are pretty much useless.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Nice got a dupe. Actually not a dupe since I've already pulled AGL SSJ2 Gohan twice. Probably shouldn't have pulled especially when I said I wouldn't, but I really want SSG.

I did go plus on stones though. Started at 15 have 23 now. Though some of those are from compensation for the Korin mess up.

denebj

Neo Member
I am around 480 with 100 win (Yesterday I reached 100 and just playing prelim).
I have not played much since Sunday and I am barely moving, that's pretty great :-O
I loose maybe 120 spot a night, but after playing 80 stamina , I get back up by 150 spots ...

I pulled a TEQ Cooler, not too bad I guess at least it is not a dupe or a Xeno .. I really want SSJ3 or AGL Kaioken, that's the only two cards I need now !
On the bright side, I am glad I farmed over 250 Mighty Fruit. Used up almost 120 so far to have Broly super when I have him as a friend ! I felt this time the grinding was so much easier and I never thought I would be in the top 500. It does not feel like I grinded like a mad man to get there :-O

It seems like having Ultimate Gohan and AGL SSJ2 Gohan made a huge difference for me during that tourney ! I super so often and I am raking points pretty good.

Hopefully I can get something good as well with the other GSSR !

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I'm at 99 wins and have noticed that my rank barely budges when I don't play for hours. Is everyone just exhausted by this point?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I feel the ranks are more competitive at the prize thresholds. If you're not near one it's not hard to maintain
I've gone backwards and forwards from 2000-2500 since the tourney started, except for overnight last night where I finished at 1400 (after a hard slog trying to get to 100 wins) and woke up after 7hrs sleep to be at 1500. The movement in the higher ranks seems to be a LOT less than previous tournaments :-/

Opponents getting supers is bullshit. I've lost in the finals 3 times today from full health because of not being lucky enough to have the right color on the 3 characters in a turn.

Shanlei91

Got INT Whis and TEQ King Piccolo.

3hjvA9R.gif

Guess I should be glad for no dupes.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Opponents getting supers is bullshit. I've lost in the finals 3 times today from full health because of not being lucky enough to have the right color on the 3 characters in a turn.
Heh, I'm glad that the App-quit trick still works (provided you're quick enough...)

SnakeEyes

Banned
Got INT Whis and TEQ King Piccolo.

3hjvA9R.gif

Guess I should be glad for no dupes.
What I would give for a GOOD INT Super Saiyan character. I'm having to rely on either the SSR SSGSS Goku (from the Battle of Gods event) or the SSR SS Goku from the Cooler event and they're simply not strong enough and are letting my rainbow squad down :-/

Shanlei91

What I would give for a GOOD INT Super Saiyan character. I'm having to rely on either the SSR SSGSS Goku (from the Battle of Gods event) or the SSR SS Goku from the Cooler event and they're simply not strong enough and are letting my rainbow squad down :-/

Ya, it's going to be a while before a good INT SS appears.

Fucks up your points though as it halves anything you earn when you continue the match.

Still much better than losing during the final round. :D

Savitar

I got my choice of INT young Gohan or INT future Trunks.

And yeah I've noticed ranks are not really moving either, I'm actually wondering if people had the same issue as I did, simply ran out! All the ones you got for doing stuff can keep you going for awhile but eventually they're gone after you hit 100 plus tournament wins.

Maxim726X

Fucks up your points though as it halves anything you earn when you continue the match.

So that's really a thing.

I did notice that today, thought I just happened to get really unlucky with my points...

At around rank 4000 with 77 wins. I'm grinding for as many as I can get today, and maybe tomorrow I'll have some time to spam the first round and move up some slots. Need some fodder for Baba's shop.

At 61 wins. Need to get to 80 wins tonight to make sure I have time tomorrow to get 100 wins. I come back from work at 10pm. Have an hour lunch break. The tourney ends 3am my time. Lets go people!

chrono01

I think I might be doing something wrong. I'm at 71 wins and still only Rank 6528. I have 3 UR on my team, and three SSR. I get (on average) between 13k - 18k per match, so I'm not sure if that's low or not. Unless the ranks speed up as I get closer, I doubt I'll make the top 5000.

So a quick cheat/strategy I found. If you have Broly or have him as a partner. You can grab the Oolong AGL item and Puar STR item to change a ton of orbs to red which will allow the Broly Super 100% of the time minus RNG saying fuck you, no Green or Blue orbs on field.

Sometimes you just have to use the STR Puar if there is at least 6 orbs you can get. Less if you have buffs on.

So that's really a thing.

I did notice that today, thought I just happened to get really unlucky with my points...

At around rank 4000 with 77 wins. I'm grinding for as many as I can get today, and maybe tomorrow I'll have some time to spam the first round and move up some slots. Need some fodder for Baba's shop.

Yeah, it's to prevent people from closing the game out to get points advantages if they don't get what they want during that round, etc. It's bullshit when the game crashes out on me during a super on the ever rare occurrence though. :S

I think I might be doing something wrong. I'm at 71 wins and still only Rank 6528. I have 3 UR on my team, and three SSR. I get (on average) between 13k - 18k per match, so I'm not sure if that's low or not. Unless the ranks speed up as I get closer, I doubt I'll make the top 5000.

That's pretty good for your team setup. But you'll have Broly teams like myself that are pulling 18k - 22k each match as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom