• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Japan had the base rate set to 3x a while ago.

Also my pulls in jp have been not nearly as good as my global pulls soooo YMMV it's still RNG same old same old

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
They increased it permanently for the Battle of Gods summon but didn't put an exact number on it (3x in jp is still a nebulous terms since we don't know what the exact number for base rate is). Most tests have it at double the rate it was before for global.

Kyou

I just found this out today, but the spawn pool is actually a lot bigger than 12. It's basically every normal SSR.

people know that you can click "Character list" on the pull graphic and see a complete list of the available units in the pool instead of the highlights you get from the scouter right?

chrono01

They increased it permanently for the Battle of Gods summon but didn't put an exact number on it (3x in jp is still a nebulous terms since we don't know what the exact number for base rate is). Most tests have it at double the rate it was before for global.

There's a guy on reddit who posted multiple in-depth results. Here's a summary of global/JP rates.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB..._jpn_have_better_rates_lets_finally_find_out/

Basically, SSR 3% on global.
Thanks, sounds about right in my experience.

I only wish that one day our rates mirror that of the Japanese version. However, the gatcha scene over there is vastly different than here, so I'm not sure it'll happen.

Savitar

Due to the increased competition and amount of money people spend there on mobile games it's probably why they increased the rate, to get more cash in and attract people. Over here it's more limited so we get the raw end of the stick.

Arrrammis

Well, I am calling it a night. Hopefully 15.5 mil is enough to keep me in the top 5k, currently sitting right at about 3k. I got INT Perfect Cell from my GSSR pull, which is OK, but certainly not one that I wanted.

Flambe

Welp got my 30 win Supreme Kai before I had to go work so guess that's that lol.

Ready for my DB Saga garbage pull like always and will be 4 silver tickets for GSSR so maybe next tourney =]

On the positive side, I can't complain too bad about my box so eh

Tamanon

Banned
Made it to maintenance at ~25k. I shouldn't have slipped out of the 30k bracket, which was my goal. Awakened and maxed out my SSJ2 STR Gohan Teen and SSR PHY Ultimate Gohan, and got enough tickets to pull a GSSR. Feels good, man.

That was probably the most desperate I have ever been while playing a game. I was really on the cusp, but no matter how many preliminaries I won, I wouldn't budge from 5280. Part of me hopes that was just the system failing to update, but I'm sure that's some crazy defense mechanism. Didn't think it would get so hard near the end. Oh, well, I guess. It was pretty disappointing spending all those stones and not getting what I wanted in the end. I think since I was so close to 5000 for the past few days, I just looked at it like it was a given.

Kyou

low 4000s(like 4070) during the last run but the server went down while I was doing it

I assume I'm good

edit: also I stand by my "making a kid smoke a pack of cigs" analogy for the tournaments. Going to be playing reaaaaal light for a while.

God the amount of items I spent has me running dry lol. At least I can heal and replenish till the next tournament.

Thank you to all the Broly people that helped me make it to the top 5k. I was rank 4196 at 2:58 EST which is 23:58 PST with 101 tourney wins.

I will most my result and team after the prizes are given out. :D

All the grinding and sleepless nights are finally over. Bring on Cooler and farmable Trunks.

Fingers crossed for good SSR ticket pulls and maybe a mistake or 2 for some ticket compensation. :p

blackseedboy

Neo Member
Got late into this game (3/4months ago) so I have yet to build a perfect team... Not that I am that bad, got a pair of UR and a lot of SSR, unfortunately missed the Resurrection of F event, I want a limit breaker Goku so badly :( (already have SSGSS Vegeta which deals a good amount of damage, so SSGSS Goku will pair him good)

blackseedboy

Neo Member
I've been in all 3. First finished at 900-odd, 2nd was sub-5k and this one was 962. I needed a good PHY character... until the Broly event just been :D

Sorry, I mean... I won 32 tournaments in the last event, and I ended about 26.000th... Was wondering how many times did you win the tournament to end in the first 1000 positions...

yogloo

Sorry, I mean... I won 32 tournaments in the last event, and I ended about 26.000th... Was wondering how many times did you win the tournament to end in the first 1000 positions...
100 wins + 5-10 ds stamina refill to grind pleminaries.
I ranked 700ish on the 2nd tournament and I should rank 900ish on this one.
The real fight is for rank 1-10. Those people are insane.

blackseedboy

Neo Member

Wow... I imagined it would take 100+ wins to reach the top rankings...

Here it is yet in manteinance, can't wait to spend my 3 golden tickets, would love to get elder king piccolo, if I well remeber has a sweet +2 KI for all, would be perfect as leader of the team

SnakeEyes

Banned
Oh, the actual wins? I got to 100, and then did the Prelim-Quit trick to just maintain my position.

I honestly want to know how the guy in 1st got 80mil points. The only way I can think is that it's multiple people using the same account to just play constantly.

blackseedboy

Neo Member
Oh, the actual wins? I got to 100, and then did the Prelim-Quit trick to just maintain my position.

I honestly want to know how the guy in 1st got 80mil points. The only way I can think is that it's multiple people using the same account to just play constantly.

... or cheating, I think...

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I can't even begin to fathom what it's like to compete for the top 10. I didn't play yesterday and slipped from 1005 to 1900.

I put together a Dragonball team and it's hilarious to watch them in motion. They hit for nothing but get supers off nonstop. General Blue is the real MVP though - managed to keep Jackie Chun from the strike event stun locked the entire time.

Maxim726X

Due to the increased competition and amount of money people spend there on mobile games it's probably why they increased the rate, to get more cash in and attract people. Over here it's more limited so we get the raw end of the stick.

Aren't there laws on the books for gacha games in Japan? I remember reading that somewhere...

Anyway, so glad that shit is over. Got myself a SSG Goku from the guaranteed pull, and I'm pretty happy.

So I'll get another ticket, plus that sweet PHY Kaioken. I just need to pull a Majin Vegeta and I can make a pretty sweet ass 'Over in a Flash' and 'Shocking Speed' powerhouse team.

denebj

Neo Member
Ended up 525 before the end :) Not bad.
It was the easiest tourney for me :-O I never been that high (Always in the ~2500), I did not feel like I grinded that bad.
Pretty much after Monday I was simply using natural stamina (120) to do the prelim since I reached 100 win on Monday evening.
I barely moved from Monday to Friday that was just great !

Did not have to not sleep or anything, it did not feel bad at all, very surprising (I do not own a Broly :-O) I got supered and died at least 4-5 times in the finals though ahahahah

Hopefully I get something good on that second ticket !! Very happy with that Kaioken, will fit nicely with my SSG, U Gohan and Majin Vegeta !!

Savitar

Won't surprise me if certain rules come into place though, in so many ways it is virtual gambling, except just not for money.

I stopped last night in the mid 500's with thirty minutes to go, got pretty tired. I had 123 tournament wins in all. Did the day doing prem's.

Lots of events are up today, three new ones in fact! The Corra one, a Trunks one and Training in the Sky!

Oh and yeah some people are going to get banned, no doubt there, one player around rank 11 was a person called Kristar or the like, people had spotted him jumping up big time getting millions of points within minutes of each other. So yes, except a few bannings as the norm is.

That's pretty sweet the training in the sky event can be done 3 times a day instead of once like in the JP version.

Having a rainbow Metal Cooler team in the tourney would be neat for funsies

As for the tourney I was about mid 260 before the servers went down. So much easier with Broly.

That's pretty sweet the training in the sky event can be done 3 times a day instead of once like in the JP version.

Having a rainbow Metal Cooler team in the tourney would be neat for funsies

As for the tourney I was about mid 260 before the servers went down. So much easier with Broly.

That's because it's an opening event.

Savitar

How do you sneak peek? I heard there was a way to do it, but I've never tried.

Know where the tournament button is? Position a finger there, go to the Team menu, then click on home and start clicking where the tournament button shows up and if your fast enough you'll be able to enter it and see what place you got. Not able to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom