• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Two multi-summon, nothing but a few SR:

Trunks (Teen) (STR)
Trunks (Adult) (PHY)
Super Saiyan Gohan (GT) (TEQ)
Nappa (TEQ)
Super Saiyan Bardock (AGL)
Vegeta (GT) (STR)
Goku (TEQ)
Super Saiyan Goten (Kid) (AGL)

I have a little over 100 Dragon Stones so I could summon more...but given my current haul I'm staying clear. I'll save em' for a Tournament where I'm guaranteed something from them.

Fun fact? I've yet to receive an SSR from the gatcha, outside of re-rolling for one or one that was guaranteed. My luck is amazing.

Videl can dokkan to Saiyaman 2 who has the link against Broly and Buu. Which is important since you got Buu now.

His leader skill and passive are awesome. He's one of the reasons the Broly fight was a cakewalk for me. He's a bit odd having low hp but a hp boosting leader skill. When he dokkans he fixes that and gets even better, near 10k health, 70% boost on hp for leader skill and heal 12% on passive. Supposedly a really annoying team to face during tournaments.

I know both Videls can Dokkan to Great Saiyaman 2, but is the TEQ one the one I want?

Thanks for all the info guys.

Got AGL SSJ2 Goku from two pulls. Can't complain. ^^

I was more pumped for the SSR INT Adult Gohan and the SSR PHY Gohan honestly. For me Turles is good to have but he's just one spot in my INT team.

Wha? Dude's like possible +4 ki. Turles should be your leader.

Skii

Going back to global after playing Japan is rough :(

The rates are killing me. I don't know how you guys muster up the will to pull.

Savitar

Got AGL SSJ2 Goku from two pulls. Can't complain. ^^

Wha? Dude's like possible +4 ki. Turles should be your leader.

I'm not going to lie. I just don't like him much.

Going back to global after playing Japan is rough :(

The rates are killing me. I don't know how you guys muster up the will to pull.

We have the strength of will and flesh made of steel, we shall not stop, we shall not fall, we shall continue onward, ever onward twirling towards VICTORY.

yogloo

I got Evil Buu and Majin Buu(Good) on a re-roll. Keep it or nah?
Ssj3 is the best starter card but it all boils down to rng later on the game. You can start with ssj3, ssg, kaioken and majin then get all xeno trunks on all your subsequent summons. It's possible.
Just go with whichever character you like most.

I got Evil Buu and Majin Buu(Good) on a re-roll. Keep it or nah?

At least they link well and if you get Kid Buu or Super Buu its even better. A Buu team is no joke, literally the zombie team of Dokkan battle. Recover hp every turn and get ki. The bad part is that their ki threshold for max attack is near the 6 range while most characters average out to 3/4.

Skii

We don't muster anything; weakness compels us.

We have the strength of will and flesh made of steel, we shall not stop, we shall not fall, we shall continue onward, ever onward twirling towards VICTORY.

Global = hard mode.

Japan is for casuals, amirite?

It's not will, it's desire to read stuff in English :)

It's not difficult to understand at all once you've played global. It's pretty easy to understand leaders/passives as well because you can understand numbers.

I just have better stuff in global.

I had to reroll a new JPN account because of Gogeta. He will force everyone here to reroll global. He's on a different level to all other characters at the moment. +3ki leader, he hits everything for bonus damage and has a new super attack multiplier. He's just ridiculous.

Here's my relatively new JPN account:

001e166c435ebbc359fffbc80f00a037.png

I've only just done the 2nd wish on normal. Also have 100 stones saved up for the next dokkanfest!

Skii

It is. People don't get that if you want a certain one character out of hundreds the possibility is quite miniscule.

The drop rate for banner SSRs on global is atrocious according to that set of data. SSJ3 Goku's drop rate was 0.06%. You'd have to spend more than $3000 to pull him. That's disgraceful really.

I think Japan has a SSR rate of 6% although that guy did calculate it to be 12% during the Gogeta 1 year anniversary. And the chances of getting banner SSRs are pretty good. I rarely pull a non-banner card when pulling on japan.

yogloo

The drop rate for banner SSRs on global is atrocious according to that set of data. SSJ3 Goku's drop rate was 0.06%. You'd have to spend more than $3000 to pull him. That's disgraceful really.

I think Japan has a SSR rate of 6% although that guy did calculate it to be 12% during the Gogeta 1 year anniversary. And the chances of getting banner SSRs are pretty good. I rarely pull a non-banner card when pulling on japan.
Try to pull an sr cui. I bet it will cost you lots of money too.
If you want a specific thing out of random probabilities, most likely it will cost you. Or not. It depends on your luck.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I pretty much always pull banner cards, it's just that they are often the SRs. Much better than before the rate up where you'd spend plenty of stones and wonder if they put any new characters in

Savitar

You ain't anything until you get this majestic man:

I'm still over happy with getting Ultimate Gohan, the guy hits like a freaking truck and if you got the right cards to go with his super does crazy damage too. I'm actually considering to giving him Old Kai SA boosters from the WT's instead of SSJ 3 Goku which was my original plan.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Finally got my 1,000 metal Cooler kills and wasn't paying attention to the characters drops.
C3cdfxx.png

Got seven Int metal coolers and no STR or AGL units. RNG is a weird mistress.

Skii

Try to pull an sr cui. I bet it will cost you lots of money too.
If you want a specific thing out of random probabilities, most likely it will cost you. Or not. It depends on your luck.

But I'm not talking about junk SRs here. I'm talking about SSRs that are banner cards. They are supposed to be amongst the most likely pulled characters when pulling from that specific banner. The fact that the odds are so low for your SSR to be a banner card is unacceptable.

Ya, waiting until I get one of the zany heavy hitters or a nuker. The only person I would use it on now is Broly.

Broly is literally the worst card to use your Elder Kais on lol.

chrono01

With these rates, I think I'm going to use my Dragon Stones purely on stamina refreshes (for Tournaments) as well as if/when guaranteed summons return (maybe for the one year anniversary?). It's just...not worth it, especially considering I'm after very specific SSR and the units on the banner don't seem to get a rate increase, meaning trying for a certain one is even more of a headache. I see the YouTube videos of people pulling in Japan and it's just sickening in-comparison to Global. I know, different market and all that, but even still.

When Gogeta is release, I may or may not re-roll. It all depends on what I get from my guaranteed SSR tickets between now and then. I have a pretty solid UR team right now (SSG Goku, Majin Vegeta, PHY Kaioken Goku, STR Beerus, TEQ Whis, Golden Freeza), but I'm really after Ultimate Gohan/SSJ3 Goku/AGL Kaioken Goku). If I can manage 1-2 out of the 3, I can't see myself ever letting the account go. If I don't, well...we'll see.

Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see Global receive the rates Japan has. It's kind of depressing, really.

chrono01

Why don't you play on Japan then?

I got bardock on my second discounted multi pull.
Believe me, I was tempted. I just prefer to have everything in English, if I can, despite the game being (more-or-less) easy to understand. The most you'd need to do is translate the abilities and links, but it still sounds like more of a headache than I'd care for.

And who knows? Maybe Namco Bandai will give us the Japan gatcha rates eventually. Never give up hope.

Global = hard mode.

Japan is for casuals, amirite?

It's not difficult to understand at all once you've played global. It's pretty easy to understand leaders/passives as well because you can understand numbers.

I had to reroll a new JPN account because of Gogeta. He will force everyone here to reroll global. He's on a different level to all other characters at the moment. +3ki leader, he hits everything for bonus damage and has a new super attack multiplier. He's just ridiculous.

Here's my relatively new JPN account:

001e166c435ebbc359fffbc80f00a037.png

I've only just done the 2nd wish on normal. Also have 100 stones saved up for the next dokkanfest!
Yeah most likely gonna reroll if I don't get him. I'll transfer my current account to my Droid4x though.

yogloo

Got my team made:
Leader:
The Fearsome Tree of Might Turles (INT)
Everyone else:
Unyielding Sincerity Super Saiyan Gohan (Adult) (INT)
Fear's Ultimate Form Golden Frieza (INT)
Terror Perfected Perfect Cell (INT)
Endless Horror Metal Coora [INT] (May be replaced with another character)
Saiyan Spirit Super Saiyan 2 Gohan(Teen)(STR)
That's one hell of a team. I don't see how cell can trouble you with that lineup.

Here's mine.
Ultimate gohan (leader)
Phy kaioken
Ssj3 goku
Ssj goten (family)
Babidi
R bulma
Will try to get turles as friend.

Another version would be a mono team
Mecha frieza (leader)
Cell int
Golden frieza
Metal cooler
Babidi
Bulma
And turles (friend)

I think my chances are better with my mono team.

My team for Cell is gonna be the mono team. I can probably pull off soul vs soul characters too but lets see how it goes.

INT Team:

Golden Freeza: +3 ki to INT

Perfect Cell: Revival Link

Cooler: Strongest clan link

Reg Cooler: Link with others

Mecha Frieza: link with others

SSJ Trunks: links with Cell and the one I'm unsure about the most.

I'll play around with the team and see what works. Android #16 is pretty good so I might have to use him.

I've seen people toy with brute force by using two Broly leads, so I might test that out as well.

Well this upcoming Cell is gonna be our first nuker unit. +12% per orb. SSGSSB goku TEQ is just added for the changing orbs to green and having a nice leader ability himself to really boost the nuking.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Well this upcoming Cell is gonna be our first nuker unit. +12% per orb. SSGSSB goku TEQ is just added for the changing orbs to green and having a nice leader ability himself to really boost the nuking.
Nah it's the SSGSS and Freeza that really make the nuking, nuking.

Also PHY Spirit Bomb Goku can nuke with SSGSS Vegeta

I tried brute forcing with two Broly in JP. Just couldn't kill fast enough before I ran out of items and had to take a hit

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
ugh, you've got to be fucking kidding me. My brother convinced me to try this game out last night due to the event going with the guaranteed SSR if you do a 50 pull, and of course I'm at 48 stones now and it looks like the event is over.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Nope, he didn't realize.

Anyway I'm going to end up doing the 50 pull cooler (coora? lol) thing i guess and if I don't land an SSR I'll be done with the game, no big whoop.

Savitar

That's one hell of a team. I don't see how cell can trouble you with that lineup..

Yeah I'm pretty happy with it myself.

Seems JP got some more new cards as usual, very Namek oriented, Nail, Freizea in his various forms, one in his chair and later on when he increases his muscle mass. Dokkanable and all that.

Yet if it's one card I'm looking forward too it's this one that is already out.............. Future Gohan

Anoregon

Game redeemed. I did the 10 pull and got an SSR (teen gohan) and 4 SR's (Gt Vegeta, Cell, and coora x2). I guess I have a good enough reason to keep at it a bit.

Maddness

How much damage does the int goku do to teq enemies? I think you should swap him out for a bigger cannon if possible. I remembered him hitting like super soft Charmin toilet paper at Sa 10.

I added him based on a guide I read on Reddit about the upcoming event. I'll post my INT characters if you see one that would be a better replacement for any of them.

Troedler

Neo Member
I added him based on a guide I read on Reddit about the upcoming event. I'll post my INT characters if you see one that would be a better replacement for any of them.

Use your INT Babidi. He has got a high probability of knocking/stunning the opponent which is really good against Cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom