• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I didn't know you played this. Welcome! I do hope it wasn't because of my...*ahem!*...addiction to gatcha games, I'd hate to be responsible for yet another victim. :eek:

Oh! The 2.6.2 update is live. Faster Item/Ki acquisition on the map, Dokkan Awakening page so you can see who can't/can't be Dokkan Awakened, silter on Character List page, team formation can now be changed before you enter a stage (finally!), among other things. I'm most excited for the increase in speed of picking up items. That slowed down the pace quite a bit.

Edit: I should clarify that, despite the update being live, the game is still maintenance for a while longer.

I just started playing recently! I do admit the game was always in the back of my mind since you mentioned it... but I also like DBZ so I gave it a chance and it turned out to be really fun/addicting so I'll keep at it as something to play in between FF14/work/etc.

I do have a question though... is it worth saving for the 50 dragon stone pull every time or just go with the individual 5 ones?

Savitar

I just started playing recently! I do admit the game was always in the back of my mind since you mentioned it... but I also like DBZ so I gave it a chance and it turned out to be really fun/addicting so I'll keep at it as something to play in between FF14/work/etc.

I do have a question though... is it worth saving for the 50 dragon stone pull every time or just go with the individual 5 ones?

Fair warning, the game is stupidly addicting. Which isn't always easy on the money.....some of us know the hard way.

And go for the full 50 dragon stone pulls, but wait until the Cell games start, you'll have more choice and can get Broly who wrecks all the faces with his super.

For those wondering about some of the new stuff:
Changes not mentioned:

Support items are now being saved after closing the app.

Friend list extended to 70 Slots(at least at my lvl).

More options to choose from when selecting your friend leader (8 friends and 4 guests).

Edit: Teamcost increased by 20. Thanks to /u/OakNite18 .

Edit 2: When abandoning a quest, you go back to the quest difficulty selection screen instead of the home screen. Thanks to /u/MedigoFlare .

Baba Shop Trade Points section now updates after 3 hours, even if you don't check it. It's always at a fixed schedule. Thanks to /u/B0SSLagos .

Soul vs Soul link has been added. Thanks to /u/MCT360 .

Max user rank is also 999. T

Now the big thing, inactive game cards went up from a dozen to several times that much, why? What's in there. Take a look

The Cell games cards!
SS3 Vegeta!
Another SS3 Goku (agil)
SS3 STR Goku Dokkaned!
More Vegeta and Goku's than you can shake a stick at!
Janemba!

Oh and some punk called Gogeta, I don't think anyone cares about that.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Most of those were added in the middle of the last update. Only thing interesting is you get to see a preview of the translated names early, which I guess indicates how soon stuff is coming. Though that'll probably just follow jp like is has been

Meneses

Ok, I don't know what else to do to get out of this "new data to download - Download failed" loop.

I tried clearing the cache, restarting the phone, etc. but it didn't help.

If I uninstall the app will it reset my account or is it saved server-side?

Ok, I don't know what else to do to get out of this "new data to download - Download failed" loop.

I tried clearing the cache, restarting the phone, etc. but it didn't help.

If I uninstall the app will it reset my account or is it saved server-side?

Did you go to the Apple store/Google play store to update the app itself? Then download the patch?

chrono01

Nice, I'm glad to see you're having fun with it. :)

As for your question, I'd recommend waiting until you have 50 Dragon Stones and multi-pull on a batch that interests you. The odds of getting an SSR are the same, but at least you're guaranteed an SR (at the very least) with a ten-pull. Granted, with the rates increased from what they were prior, so you'd have to have insanely unlucky to not get at least one SR even if you did ten separate pulls, but RNG can be against you sometimes so I like to take the guarantee whenever I can.

If you're just starting out, I'd suggest saving at least 50 DS in-case they ever hold another guaranteed SSR multi summon. They had one a short while back, but there's always a chance they'll have another one for upcoming important milestones. They're your best chance for getting SSR, outside of grinding the Tournaments for the guaranteed SSR ticket(s), as well as the ranking character for said Tournament. Personally, I received two SSR in my guaranteed SSR multi-pull, and considering results both here and on Reddit, I wasn't the only one. Aside from that, feel free to use them on whatever characters that interest you!

Personally, I'm saving whatever I can for Gogeta (will still use Dragon Stones on Tournament/stamina refreshes, as well as guaranteed SSR events), since he's a game-changer when it comes to power. He's still several months away though. :/

Meneses

Did you go to the Apple store/Google play store to update the app itself? Then download the patch?

Yeah, I got the play store notification that the game needed to be updated and I did that, then opened the game and the data started downloading as usual but now I'm stuck on that error loop.

Yeah, I got the play store notification that the game needed to be updated and I did that, then opened the game and the data started downloading as usual but now I'm stuck on that error loop.

Well after you get the error it should kick you back to the hercule screen. From there just try and go back in. Thats what I did and it worked. Also you can safely delete the app and then re-download it. Just hope you have a transfer number handy incase something goes wrong. If you do re-download, just say you wanna keep the same account.

Meneses

Well after you get the error it should kick you back to the hercule screen. From there just try and go back in. Thats what I did and it worked. Also you can safely delete the app and then re-download it. Just hope you have a transfer number handy incase something goes wrong. If you do re-download, just say you wanna keep the same account.

After retrying the download for the 20th time since this error popped up (yes, really lol) it finally worked!

Thanks!

I'm kinda tempted to use the chrome app on PC to have another account but I think I'll wait for the 1 year SSR pull/Gogeta before I make it. Just to see what my other account can get.

My other phone has SSJ3 Goku but thats not enough for me to drop my current team of amazing SSRs and SRs. Plus the other phone is apple so I lose any stones if I don't use them when I transfer lol.

Aurizen

I'm gonna save my stones till another chance for me to get Vegeto or a powerful PHY unit. When's the best time to use my stones?

chrono01

The English one, which I guess is the global one?
You might be in for some despair, just a warning. While our rates have improved since launch, generally the rates for SSR are drastically lower than the Japanese version. Personally, the only SSR I own are the one I re-rolled for (SSG Goku), and the ones I obtained from Tournaments/guaranteed SSR summon. I've yet to pull an SSR through the normal gatcha. :(

But hey, maybe your luck will be better than mine!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You might be in for some despair, just a warning. While our rates have improved since launch, generally the rates for SSR are drastically lower than the Japanese version. Personally, the only SSR I own are the one I re-rolled for (SSG Goku), and the ones I obtained from Tournaments/guaranteed SSR summon. I've yet to pull an SSR through the normal gatcha. :(

But hey, maybe your luck will be better than mine!

I did a few of the single-summon pulls last week and got SSR Goku (Kaioken) and SSR Freeza (Final Form) so it can happen!

chrono01

I did a few of the single-summon pulls last week and got SSR Goku (Kaioken) and SSR Freeza (Final Form) so it can happen!
Well, I think it's fair to say you're a lot luckier than I am, haha. I'm glad to see that not everyone is cursed.

Congrats on those pulls! Two very solid cards there, I desperately want that Kaioken Goku. I only have the PHY/Tournament version of him and the AGL one would fit so much better with my team.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I completely missed this - after the update, music on iPhone is no longer stopped when the game starts. Now I can play heavy metal music when fighting Broly to recreate the movies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I completely missed this - after the update, music on iPhone is no longer stopped when the game starts. Now I can play heavy metal music when fighting Broly to recreate the movies.
The fixes in the last update have been magical - my favourite is that your selected items are still equipped even after you quit and restart the app!

Troedler

Neo Member
Yes, it was really a good update. Running through a map is so much faster. I also noticed general performance improvements on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 3.4).

chrono01

I was hoping the update would fix the slow loading for me. I'm on an iPhone 5S, and it takes around 10 seconds for the news to load, as well as the details for the event section. The actual loading of everything else is fast, it's just these two things for whatever reason.

(Yes, I'm playing on WiFi and this is the only mobile game that suffers slow loading.)

SnakeEyes

Banned
I was hoping the update would fix the slow loading for me. I'm on an iPhone 5S, and it takes around 10 seconds for the news to load, as well as the details for the event section. The actual loading of everything else is fast, it's just these two things for whatever reason.

(Yes, I'm playing on WiFi and this is the only mobile game that suffers slow loading.)
I'm using a 6 Plus and the same things happen to me too. Also playing on both WiFi and Cellular, and it happens regardless. Must have something to do with the way it contacts the server to updated info.

chrono01

I'm using a 6 Plus and the same things happen to me too. Also playing on both WiFi and Cellular, and it happens regardless. Must have something to do with the way it contacts the server to updated info.
Hmm, I wonder if it's an iOS/Apple thing. I haven't heard about this on Android devices, but I could be wrong on that.

LNBL

hoyoyoy, Bandai finally stepping up for Global?

12805675_1731567910395949_7325814648743305807_n.png

Savitar

People found out they could like anything on the facebook page and get an increase, it's why we're getting such good rewards.

BrunoM

hoyoyoy, Bandai finally stepping up for Global?

12805675_1731567910395949_7325814648743305807_n.png
Yeah its looking thay way .. now if they increase the ssr rate lol

And from a Fast look we already are over the 150.000
The newest post is at 22.8k that on top of the 130k puts us over by 2.8k

Meaning let's see this level 9 and then final level .. probably 10 stones for level 9 and last one who knows lol 15 stones and training items

Or in my dream a granted ssr ticket for the WT haha

JJP12

I'm pretty hyped that I'll be able to awaken my INT Cell sometime this weekend. It's not the best LR but it still seems like a pretty solid card.

yogloo

I'm hoping we get a free ssr out of the Facebook campaign. Maybe the agl bojack?

I'm pretty hyped that I'll be able to awaken my INT Cell sometime this weekend. It's not the best LR but it still seems like a pretty solid card.

Me too but it is kinda disappointing because I think the pre dokkan art is so much better.

chrono01

Cell event is live, and according to Reddit rates are great. I'm resisting though, as the TEQ Cell doesn't seem amazing to me and, while I'd love Broly, I'm saving everything I can for Gogeta (in 6+ months time).

What can I say? I'm a patient man.

I got a TEQ Cell on what I would say was my 8th single shot. This is the first time I rolled something I felt was worth the stones I put into it, so I'm happy. He's only my 6th natural SSR I rolled (including the guaranteed spawns and tournament spawns), and I'm rank 100 at the moment, so I'll take it. Probably can't awaken him this time, though.

chrono01

I couldn't resist, did a multi-pull.

SR:

- Android #18 (STR)
- Frieza (3rd Form) (TEQ)
- Chi-Chi (STR)
- Android #17 (AGL)

SSR:

- Perfect Cell (TEQ)

...Wait, what!? Goku only went SSJ2 too, and no "Goodbye Goku". It was strange. I'm happy, though!

YOLO multi from all the free ones we've been getting. Ended up getting INT Cell... so better than nothing and good for my INT team against Cell! xD

25579455262_20155358d0_z.jpg

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
"Oh cool, everyone is getting awesome summons. Was going to save all my stones for Gogeta but I can't resist...I'll pull just one multi!"

biQTqxK.jpg

So there I am, ready to post on here how much I hate you guys but then I decide to pull a yolo single.

mkLYuaP.png

Love you guys.

I just wish I hadn't used my Old Kais on Int Cell. At SA 4 he still hits for less than my SA10 Mecha Frieza. :-/

Edit: Just realized this means I need to do the cell event at least 20 times...BAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom