• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyou

Trunks doesn't belong there. Swap him with the hardest hitter you have. Try to get friend turles and you might just make it.
Svs link is pretty useless. Focus on stunning cell instead.
Followup: replaced phy trunks with teq whis, used a turles friend

Cell only even attacked me, like, twice. What a difference one sub makes.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I hate how I only have like 4-5 friends on my list that are running INT leads. I can't refresh it either looking for a specific one, without wasting stamina on a quest. :/

The idea seems mean because they're called "friends" but before an event I delete anyone on my friends list who won't be able to help me out on an event and friend people who will. i.e. I friended every single Turles I could get my hands on in the last two weeks as prep for Cell. Shortly before the next World Tournament, they'll go in exchange for any Broly I come across.

Whenever I'm out of stam I put Broly as lead to attract friend invites. It's a ridiculous element to the game I wasn't even thinking of months ago. But now I have a list half full of Turles.

Flambe

Zero stunnage, tried with Regen busting team. Cell's first attack one-shotted me at 82k dmg o.o My only decent INT card being a Golden Frieza sucks =|

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If anyone wants a code for a fresh account with ultimate gohan, let me know.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Really?! I have had him drop 4 times.. AND 3 HAVE BEEN DOUBLE DROPS! I have him at SA 7/10 already :-/

I've been rolling a lot today and not seen him once. Saw Int cell 4-5 times.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I don't get why General Blue just flat out refuses to stun after I get Cell to below 50% health.

A cheap trick is to close the app if he doesn't stun. Once you reopen, move his attack position. Stun chance is determined at the beginning of the round based on attack position. i.e. Blue is first to attack, stun fails, close app, move him to second attack spot, there's another dice roll on whether his stun will work. Statistically speaking, Blue should get a stun off one of the 3 positions.

Anoregon

I think i'm done rerolling. SSJ3 Goku is a fucking beast and the chances of me getting a multi with 2+ chars as good or better are real slim.

Flambe

Man, figures. Did two Multi-summons and got 1 crappy SSR.

Have done 5 rerolls on Droid4x and every multi has been 2x SSR -_-

Anoregon

I just realized the account im using with the SSJ3 also has the SR Goku that dokan awakens into the red hair SSR/UR. I know it's not very good, but still kind of cool and I think I will try to get that done eventually.

A cheap trick is to close the app if he doesn't stun. Once you reopen, move his attack position. Stun chance is determined at the beginning of the round based on attack position. i.e. Blue is first to attack, stun fails, close app, move him to second attack spot, there's another dice roll on whether his stun will work. Statistically speaking, Blue should get a stun off one of the 3 positions.
Thanks, I'll definitely have to try that. Already lost out on two medals because of it, and 40 stamina takes ages to build up naturally.

chrono01

The idea seems mean because they're called "friends" but before an event I delete anyone on my friends list who won't be able to help me out on an event and friend people who will. i.e. I friended every single Turles I could get my hands on in the last two weeks as prep for Cell. Shortly before the next World Tournament, they'll go in exchange for any Broly I come across.

Whenever I'm out of stam I put Broly as lead to attract friend invites. It's a ridiculous element to the game I wasn't even thinking of months ago. But now I have a list half full of Turles.
I might have to do that. :(

I'm giving them a bit of leniency, since there's another Dokkan event going on too, but the majority of my Friend Leaders aren't even running AGL users for that one either!

As for TEQ Cell, I've found the below team to be pretty consistent in farming him:

- Demon King Piccolo (Elder) (INT)
- Golden Freeza (INT)
- Babidi (INT)
- Majin Vegeta (TEQ)
- Whis (TEQ)
- Kaioken Goku (PHY)

Demon King Piccolo for his leader ability, and I pair Babidi/Majin Vegeta and Whis/Kaioken Goku together. Whis stuns with his normal and Kaioken Goku converts useless STR orbs into Rainbow which helps Babidi (when alongside Majin Vegeta) fire off a special in the following turn, stunning the boss again. Golden Freeza is there just to help damage.

The only times I really get hit are if the boss attacks first before I have a chance to. It's pretty consistent. I just won without using a single item.

(Now to farm 8 more of these. Well, when I have time. Currently in the midst of spending time with family.)

Uthred

Largely dropped this in favour of Bleach, but as I was transferring the account to a new phone I figured I'd see what was going on with my account. Collected rewards, did the 30 stone 10 pull, got Vegito, did the normal gacha 10 pull, got dick. Used my last 5 stones for a single pull got Roar of Death Brolly. If only I'd this luck with games I play regularly ;) I assume Brolly is decent? Is Vegito any good?

Anoregon

For whatever reason I'm not getting the pm, but don't worry about it. I'm totally cool moving forward with my ssj3 account.

I appreciate it though!

linkent

Didnt play this for a looooong, but collecting daily gems.

Spent 100gems and got 0 SSR last night, the reason why i didnt play this game for such a long time.

@Uthred you got the best for PvP Broly.

Savitar

Largely dropped this in favour of Bleach, but as I was transferring the account to a new phone I figured I'd see what was going on with my account. Collected rewards, did the 30 stone 10 pull, got Vegito, did the normal gacha 10 pull, got dick. Used my last 5 stones for a single pull got Roar of Death Brolly. If only I'd this luck with games I play regularly ;) I assume Brolly is decent? Is Vegito any good?

Vegito is one of the top cards you can have currently. And Broly, oh yeah...he's not bad......his super hits EVERYONE. Imagine using that in a tournament. So to say he's one of the damn best as well goes without ah, you know.........saying.

And g'damn it's hard to believe it but freaking Blue is going to be the MVP of this event isn't he.

I just had a round where he got ki boost so good before the fight he only needed one ki sphere to get his super going.

Kettch

Man, farming Broly medals is a pain in the ass. I can do it with just a healing item or two, but it takes like an hour because I need to use my -25% str attack lead and a hp/healing Buu friend.

Is there a good burst strategy to try with this instead? I have the Broly event Goten that I could put as lead, who gives +5% attack per orb, but I don't know what actual damage dealing friend would be good.

chrono01

I'm in desperate need of more INT leader/friends for farming Cell Games. I really want to Dokkan Awaken my TEQ Cell before this leaves. I'm currently at 3 medals, so I have a ways to go. :(

As for my current leader, I'm using Demon King Piccolo (INT), but will switch back to SSG Goku (AGL) when the events ends, at least until SSGSS Goku (TEQ) is released and I can pair him up with TEQ Cell.

1,146,868,671 is my ID> Just let me know how you are before I add you!

(And thanks.)

Farming Cell has become easier thanks to Yamcha of all people. His super lowers defense too which is a huge bonus. I'll post the pic of my team once I've farmed what I needed out of the event.

BrunoM

this is the team I been using to beat him so far 5 out of 5 use friend turtles or a plus 3ki

Not to bad just takes time lol

Cromat

4/10. Cell is challenging even with double +3 INT Ki and a solid team with General Blue. The only time it was a total cakewalk was when I had Turles. I wish I had more Turles friends.

Savitar

It's crazy how stuns really save your bacon with the Cell fight, I'm not even sure how it would be without that ability. With Cell being able to attack multiple times, one powerful super and the ability to heal he truly is a triple threat.

Recorded this from my phone. Love the silly escalation on the supers against Cell.

25604075852_7ee122cd63_o.gif

It's crazy how stuns really save your bacon with the Cell fight, I'm not even sure how it would be without that ability. With Cell being able to attack multiple times, one powerful super and the ability to heal he truly is a triple threat.

Cell is easier just by the fact you can do over 10 damage if you don't have link like with Broly. Making good progress, another 8 to go for all 13

Savitar

Cell is easier just by the fact you can do over 10 damage if you don't have link like with Broly. Making good progress, another 8 to go for all 13

I never found Broly hard, but I had the right characters to take him down.

On the note of SA's, didn't they get nerfed recently? Feels like they got dialed down a bit.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
This Cell fight sucks. If you can't get the stuns to stick, you have no chance.
Yeah was just gonna say this. Still comes down to RNG. If blue doesn't stun you either need to use a ghost usher which only stuns for one turn, or take the hit/let him heal which prolongs the fight and drains your other items. If blue only stuns in the third position too you're still kinda boned. He stuns for two turns but returns in three, so again you'd have to take the hit or let him heal. I had it so he healed twice and it's such a drain on my resources, even though I probably have the hardest hitting INT units in the game.

Cromat

I'm also finding it very difficult with the following team:

- SR Mecha Freeza
- SSR INT Golden Freeza (the gatcha one)
- SSR Metal Cooler
- SSR Dokkan INT Final Form Cooler
- SSR INT Perfect Cell
- SR General Blue

A +2 Ki leader isn't enough. I need at least 2x +3 Ki or Turles. I think I should just purge my list and keep all the Kamis and Turles.

yogloo

I'm also finding it very difficult with the following team:

- SR Mecha Freeza
- SSR INT Golden Freeza (the gatcha one)
- SSR Metal Cooler
- SSR Dokkan INT Final Form Cooler
- SSR INT Perfect Cell
- SR General Blue

A +2 Ki leader isn't enough. I need at least 2x +3 Ki or Turles. I think I should just purge my list and keep all the Kamis and Turles.
You need turles friend make it. I think stun teams need minimal two 50% and above stunners to have a fair shot at cell. R Bulma, turles, babidi and of course mvp blue.
Bring senzu, dende, ox/yemma and usher.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I use senzu, dende, ghost usher(can delay a SA or his healing ability or his attacks for one round) and Ox King.

I was just eondering if my items were causing me to lose, but it turns out t maybe not - I just needed to make sure my Babidi's stun was actually working, and I got a Turles Friend. Incidentally, if anyone here is using an Int Turles Leader, add me as a Friend (2335312150)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom