• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I got Krillen 1st and then the SSR Teq Cell from the Dokkan, should I keep? Cell dropped on first pull.
You got the TEQ Cell from a single summon? If so, keep! You still have a nice amount of Dragon Stones, so getting a TUR this early on with a single pull is very fortunate indeed. If it's a multi-pull, you have a decision to make.

If you're super serious about Tournaments, Broly might be better though. I don't have him, but he makes getting the 80/100 wins a lot easier, and in general easier for points. TEQ Cell, as a standard/stand-alone character, is decent, but he really only shines with one or two SSGSS Goku. Finding a friend to pair up with should easy, though.

Basically:

Broly = Tournaments
TEQ Cell = Boss Killer

Either can be used for both, it really depends on your preference. Well...until Gogeta is released, and then everything is him, haha.

G'damn, I had decided to do one of Korins missions earlier and so I switched to my STR team only added Turles for other people so they could still use him. Then when I went to play later on and tried Cell guess what I did. Yeah, I used the STR based team. I was ready to quit then and there once I realized my mistake but I decided to give a shot since I had two Turles, my own and another guys plus had STR Gohan to tackle any health gains by Cell. I didn't expect much, in fact I expected to fail.

I freaking nailed it, it was probably the biggest slaughter I've done against Cell yet, I used only a single Ghost Usher, not even a senzu. SS3 Goku was pounding him, the other STR like Goten was brutal and he changed spheres to rainbows so that made getting SA's easier. Plus my two Turles were able to keep him all but stunned once. Goku was hitting for over 100,000 at times and other STR seemed to do better against Cell than the INT ones overall. Go figure.
Nicely done!

Savitar

You got the TEQ Cell from a single summon? If so, keep! You still have a nice amount of Dragon Stones, so getting a TUR this early on with a single pull is very fortunate indeed. If it's a multi-pull, you have a decision to make.

If you're super serious about Tournaments, Broly might be better though. I don't have him, but he makes getting the 80/100 wins a lot easier, and in general easier for points. TEQ Cell, as a standard/stand-alone character, is decent, but he really only shines with one or two SSGSS Goku. Finding a friend to pair up with should easy, though.

Basically:

Broly = Tournaments
TEQ Cell = Boss Killer

Either can be used for both, it really depends on your preference. Well...until Gogeta is released, and then everything is him, haha.

Nicely done!

Thanks, was quite happy, only need four more to go for my TEQ Cell, but damn his cost shoots up big time after, makes me wonder how effective he really is.

Six down four to go. Trying to figure out if I care about evolving the agl event cell

Him I'm saving for last, I'll get the medals to awaken him and then work on grinding him to get to ten and then dokkaning.

The Cell games for me

That was my 8th medal which was a huge nail biter. You can also see the team I used to beat the crap out of Cell.

Edit: I thought I only had 3 more to go to awaken regular Cell but I ended up pulling Flare of Death TEQ Cell. I also got STR SSR SSJ2 Gohan. My 5 mill zeni quickly became under 2 mill zeni lol.

Wish I pulled Broly but now I have a good rainbow team and nuker.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm currently 9/10 medals for my INT Cell, and have already awakened my AGL Cell. Now all I care about is the SS3 Goku event, and hopefully some great nuking strategies start coming out soon.

I'm trying to think off the top of my head who the other +3 ki, 3000 ATK Transcended URs are...

Gogeta
AGL SSJ3 Goku
PHY FP Frieza
TEQ Cell
STR Broly

I'm guessing INT is the next Dokkan Fest type (in JP)?

Also, if you guys pulled the AGL Super Vegeta in this event, you can farm his SA during the upcoming Heroes vs Villains event (saw it mentioned at the subreddit).

I'm trying to think off the top of my head who the other +3 ki, 3000 ATK Transcended URs are...

Gogeta
AGL SSJ3 Goku
PHY FP Frieza
TEQ Cell
STR Broly

I'm guessing INT is the next Dokkan Fest type (in JP)?

I guess an INT Vegeta would be optimal since Goku is in and the rest are all big name villains. Rip Buu for not getting one yet.

Awakened TEQ Cell, my first LR. Thinking of going for another 10 medals for my INT one haha

It only makes him better, so might as well.

Thought about upping my INT Cell's SA with the dupe I got, but I fed him to TEQ Cell. Probably for the best considering the overall damage output between the two.

Cromat

It only makes him better, so might as well.

Thought about upping my INT Cell's SA with the dupe I got, but I fed him to TEQ Cell. Probably for the best considering the overall damage output between the two.

I doubt I'll have the time because of work etc. But I'll earn some for next time.

And yeah I wish I kept my Elder Kai for Cell, it would have made more of a difference there.

MiTYH

So honest opinion - I rerolled on a second device this weekend and got LR Broly. No other SSR's yet, and my main account has no LRs, about 6 or 7 natural SSRs but none of the hard hitting ones (STR SSJ3, example). AGL Buu might be the best one I have for his ability.

Should I move to the new one? Stones are basically gone on my first account and I tried two multisummons for this event, got nothing of note both times (well, one INT Trunks SSR). I have at least one of all the event characters, but they come back, and my rank is only 118 (85 stamina). I haven't been able to beat Broly or Cell yet.

Thoughts?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So honest opinion - I rerolled on a second device this weekend and got LR Broly. No other SSR's yet, and my main account has no LRs, about 6 or 7 natural SSRs but none of the hard hitting ones (STR SSJ3, example). AGL Buu might be the best one I have for his ability.

Should I move to the new one? Stones are basically gone on my first account and I tried two multisummons for this event, got nothing of note both times (well, one INT Trunks SSR). I have at least one of all the event characters, but they come back, and my rank is only 118 (85 stamina). I haven't been able to beat Broly or Cell yet.

Thoughts?
Pick Broly.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
My first account had three URs and now I have three LRs.

lDI6eAZ.jpg

Playing with my anti-Cell Dragonball team has me envious of people with a Shocking Speed or Prepared For Battle team. Doing a super with nearly every character each turn is magical.

Sec0nd

Is there a guide for the Cell dokkan event? I was too busy getting the Broly medals to look into the Cell event. I have no idea how to beat Cell. I'm getting absolutely destroyed.

Is there a guide for the Cell dokkan event? I was too busy getting the Broly medals to look into the Cell event. I have no idea how to beat Cell. I'm getting absolutely destroyed.

Short version: 1) +3 INT Ki leader. 2) General Blue, Babidi, INT Turles. 3) +3 INT Ki or INT Turles friend. 4) Pray to keep him stun locked with those 3 characters' supers.

Troedler

Neo Member
Looks like everybody got either the Int or the Teq Cell summoned in this Event. I want him so bad but feel like the right decision is to safe the remaining 100 dragon stones. Teq Cell would be awesome though with my Broly.

Also one question to Gogeta: why is he so hyped? I know he has great stats but can he also one-shot kill like Broly?

Maxim726X

Looks like everybody got either the Int or the Teq Cell summoned in this Event. I want him so bad but feel like the right decision is to safe the remaining 100 dragon stones. Teq Cell would be awesome though with my Broly.

Also one question to Gogeta: why is he so hyped? I know he has great stats but can he also one-shot kill like Broly?

Broly's appeal is that he's got a great leader skill for mono Str teams, and that he cleans up World Tournaments with ease.

Teq Cell is a 'nuke' unit, who is capable of obscene damage if used correctly (he gains power with each green orb... If you use your items right and turn the entire board green- He is capable of dealing massive damage.

As for Gogeta, I really don't understand the appeal... But I don't have him so I can't answer that. Preferably, you want cards with 'Shocking Speed', 'Over in a Flash', and some kind of power boost (like most SSJ links) to maximize the damage potential of your team. At least in my experience.

Kyou

I think teq cell gains from every orb period, not just teq orbs. He seems like he'd be good paired with any board manipulators

Broly's appeal is that he's got a great leader skill for mono Str teams, and that he cleans up World Tournaments with ease.

Teq Cell is a 'nuke' unit, who is capable of obscene damage if used correctly (he gains power with each green orb... If you use your items right and turn the entire board green- He is capable of dealing massive damage.

As for Gogeta, I really don't understand the appeal... But I don't have him so I can't answer that. Preferably, you want cards with 'Shocking Speed', 'Over in a Flash', and some kind of power boost (like most SSJ links) to maximize the damage potential of your team. At least in my experience.
Gogeta has Over in a Flash, Prepared for Battle, and +3 Ki to all types/ATK 3000 as a leader. Plus he's stupid strong with his passive.

Also, like Kyou said, TEQ Cell gains the boosts with every orb gained, not just green ones.

chrono01

- +3 Ki to ALL types, as well as +3000 ATK.
- Passive skill is an additional +7000 ATK to all, as well as giving all types "Super Effective Damage" against anything. You can attack an INT with a TEQ, for example, and get bonus damage from it as if you were attacking with a PHY type.
- Incredible stats (10,750 HP, 10,200 ATK, 4125 DEF).
- Great links (Golden Warrior, Super Saiyan, Ready for War, Short Term Battle, Fusion Warrior, Super Fierce Battle).

Maxim726X

Gogeta has Over in a Flash, Prepared for Battle, and +3 Ki to all types/ATK 3000 as a leader. Plus he's stupid strong with his passive.

Also, like Kyou said, TEQ Cell gains the boosts with every orb gained, not just green ones.

Holy shit I had no idea... Yeah, he's broken.

Savitar

And I got him dokkaned and all but one level from 120.

So now I can focus on getting the medals for the AGI Cell and then farm him as best I can for 10 then dokkan him.

PS it's that best time of the year................Hercule's Thanksgiving!

I've been trying the Devilman cheese on Broly. I haven't been very lucky, though. I've seen different reports on whether changing Ki path or position is necessary to reset the SA modifier, so I've just been trying different paths. Unfortunately, I've exhausted pretty much all possible Ki and position combinations for this turn.

Savitar

I'd put him up.

If I had him.

;_;

You want my advice.......go get him. Show him he's a slave of your criminal order and he must fight like a dog for your amusement and pleasure. Like pokemon......only world destroying. And much cooler.

I've been trying the Devilman cheese on Broly. I haven't been very lucky, though. I've seen different reports on whether changing Ki path or position is necessary to reset the SA modifier, so I've just been trying different paths. Unfortunately, I've exhausted pretty much all possible Ki and position combinations for this turn.

Blue has been a bit of a disappointment for me the last few rounds, haven't been able to get him to trigger proper, Turles has been doing all the work. Some times I had mine and anothers to use, though todays it's all golden frizeas.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'll be keeping him out for a bit longer yet, need to get ten more medals for my last Cell. Plus it will give some more time to do their thing in case more time is needed.
More time is definitely needed, as I'm 9/10 so far, and I can't get you to show up on my Friends selection ;_;

Savitar

More time is definitely needed, as I'm 9/10 so far, and I can't get you to show up on my Friends selection ;_;

No worries, I'll keep him out likely until the end of the event if not for several more days, just in case. If I decide to do anything else I'll just put as lead for awhile.

chrono01

You want my advice.......go get him. Show him he's a slave of your criminal order and he must fight like a dog for your amusement and pleasure. Like pokemon......only world destroying. And much cooler.
Show me the store where they sell him, and I will provide the Zeni!

I wish the Friend selection was like in Treasure Cruise. Have ALL of your Friends show up and only disappear once you use them once. To have them available again, have the Friend log back in to refresh it.

Yay, awakened all da Cells. Guess I should get the Broly medals and feed dupe Broly for SA2.
Congrats! I just Dokkan'd my TEQ Cell too. I forgot their level was reset to 1 upon doing so. Well, I guess it's time to grind it back up!

I'm in no hurry though, he won't be getting a lot of use until SSGSS TEQ Goku, anyway.

*Breaks into interpretive dance*

LOL. I'm sure everyone here will get 3 Gogetas and I'll have an SA 10 Shugesh from the event.

chrono01 said:
Congrats! I just Dokkan'd my TEQ Cell too. I forgot their level was reset to 1 upon doing so. Well, I guess it's time to grind it back up!

I'm in no hurry though, he won't be getting a lot of use until SSGSS TEQ Goku, anyway.

Nice one! He's still a really great TEQ leader for now (practically the best until Gogeta I suppose).

Kyou

once I get two more medals and dokkan my cell, I think I'm going to build a team and bring in items to let him loose on brolly

I mean I'll probably die but what if!

once I get two more medals and dokkan my cell, I think I'm going to build a team and bring in items to let him loose on brolly

I mean I'll probably die but what if!

Would it be enough to overcome Rampage like Kaioken Goku can? I dunno, but good luck!

SnakeEyes

Banned
FINALLY had someone with Turles appear on my Friends Selection page, so I'm going for my 13th and final Cell Games medal. Wish me luck ~_~

Kettch

Finally finished getting my LR Broly and upped him to 117, all those anniversary training items came in handy.

Now to get another 3 medals for the PHY Broly...god I hate this mission. At least he's dropping a lot, already have 6 in like 10 tries, so getting that super to 10 should be easy.

3 more medals to go to awaken my TEQ Cell. Who knew I would pull the best TEQ available atm on Global. Getting 10 for my INT Cell was a lot harder but since I pulled SSJ 2 Gohan who has Soul vs Soul and a better super than INT Trunks, the Cell fight has gotten much easier. It helps that INT Cell is Transcended and has been dishing out 55k a super.

Real MVP goes to #16, takes double digits damage if I put Ox King or King Yenma on him and 4 digits for his super. Its kinda hilarious how little damage Cell does to #16.

AGL Perfect Cell will be a breeze to farm with LR TEQ Cell. I already tested out UR TEQ Cell on AGL Cell, it was like 111k damage super after getting all the orbs. Good stuff.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, I am loving these rate-ups. On my second Dokkan multi on this new account, I got SSR PHY Piccolo(meh), another SSR TEQ Perfect Cell, and..... SSR SSJ3 STR Goku :)

Man, I am loving these rate-ups. On my second Dokkan multi on this new account, I got SSR PHY Piccolo(meh), another SSR TEQ Perfect Cell, and..... SSR SSJ3 STR Goku :)

He gets a boost to Transcended and has the best defense in the game so don't be so quick to scoff. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom