• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, dupe Broly. xD

25436830940_e5ae7405d2_z.jpg

Savitar

I actually wanted Turles more for his passive ability than his stunning :)

His passive is certainly useful .

Welp, dupe Broly. xD

25436830940_e5ae7405d2_z.jpg

I have words to describe this but they are so vulgar and harsh I'll have to say in Interpretive dance least heads explode.

Lucky bastard. I've got the 10 medals waiting for when I eventually get him, but he's still proving a tough character to find.

Ditto. His rate is still extremely low, way worse than the current Cell one.

Savitar

Yeah it's really low but to be fair the cell one is strangely high

Betting it really is to counter the people that were pissed Broly was so hard to get. Make more people happy, get mo money.

............and taunt them with the promise of a Broly that is still freaking hard to get and get even MORE money.

4th, 5th, and 6th tourney data is up: https://dbz.space/budokai/

4th Tourney Rank 1 - 5,000 get INT Ultra Super Saiyan Goku: https://dbz.space/cards/1004750
5th Tourney Rank 1 - 5,000 get AGL Beerus: https://dbz.space/cards/1005290
6th Tourney Rank 1 - 20,000 get STR SSJ GT Goku and TEQ GT SSJ Vegeta: https://dbz.space/cards/1005160-gt https://dbz.space/cards/1004040-gt
6th Tourney Rank 20,001 - 75,000 get TEQ GT SSJ Vegeta: https://dbz.space/cards/1004040-gt

I have words to describe this but they are so vulgar and harsh I'll have to say in Interpretive dance least heads explode.

Haha, I can imagine. I definitely was not expecting that to happen. I don't even know what to do with it aside from upping my other Broly's super. If we could trade chars, I would totally throw it your way! Perhaps karma for AGL Cell not dropping for me yet? >__>

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
More interested in the dates for these guys. Hope ours start getting shorter, but I doubt it.

SSJ Goku and SSJ Gt Goku are decent the other ones are meh. SSJ GT Goku is also a mission reward for reaching Beerus tier.

Best part is the SSR tickets coming at 80 wins instead of 100 starting with the next tournament

Arrrammis

Man, Gen. Blue, Bulma(kid), and PHY Kiaoken Goku are straight carrying me through the Cell fights. The ki orb changing makes getting supers incredibly easy!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Now I know the game is trolling me.

I spent cash buying DS after Donkey Show did his pull, and I thought I'd get lucky. Well, I did...

By getting a dupe AGL Kaioken Goku.

More interested in the dates for these guys. Hope ours start getting shorter, but I doubt it.
Next tourney is only 5 days, with guaranteed SSR ticket at 80 wins instead of 100.

Tamanon

Banned
Alright, settled on my reroll account. Got Teq SSR Cell and the new SSR #17 with the dokkan stones, then got the 30 stone multi and got the SSR SSJ2 PHY Goku.

I'm happy.

Surprised to hear you guys having so much trouble. My team can win by brute force and 1 soul vs soul link but I guess in the end it all depends on RNG as well due to the board since the Ki drops are random on who they give Ki to.

My All INT Team

Golden Freiza Dokkaned: +3 Ki yes please and Revival

SSJ Future Trunks : Does better damage than Cooler

Yamcha : For Soul Link and his super reduces defense which is awesome and blocking attacks when separated from #16.

Mecha Frieza: For attack reducing super and damage with Revival link

#16: For Soul Link and blocking Cell attacks

Perfect Cell: For revival link and with SSJ Trunks

Optimal Partners: Another Golden Frieza, Turles or Mecha Frieza. Always take the Golden Frieza for max damage though. Does 72k on Cell alone. Super all day long.

Ideally the Ki drops gives Ki to Golden Frieza or Yamcha. Having +4 on him is enough for supers all day and either does a ton of damage or reduces his defense.

Once went without using my Beans or King Yema at all. Just used Ghost and Dende for healing x2.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yup. Just like how AGL Kid Trunks was the turning point for Broly for me, INT Turles is the turning point for Cell. I'm now 6/13 Medals required :)

chrono01

I've been busy with real-life stuff, but I've managed to grind out 8 medals. Just a few more and I'm done.

I probably won't try for the full 13. I'll aim for 10 and then call it, and farm the remaining 3 (for AGL Cell) when the event returns. By then, I'll (hopefully) have the TEQ Cell/SSGSS Goku (TEQ) pairing, to make these LR events a joke. I'll gather the remaining medals then. Once I finish with my TEQ Cell, I'll probably start farming the actual event for the AGL Cell drop. I still don't have him, as I've only been focusing on the Extreme version. :/

2 more medals! Thanks again to the Turles/General Blue members on my Friend List, you're awesome.

chrono01

It's just nerve-wracking with the stuns. You can't even use Dragon Stones to force your way through it either, since if you've used up all of your Ghost Usher and the stun fails (or he goes first in the turn), he has a tendency to heal back up. If the process keeps repeating itself, you're essentially in a stalemale with your item reserves being depleted. Unless, of course, you manage to reduce his healing with a link. I'll be happy to put this behind me.

I know it's no Turles/General Blue, but I'll be keeping up my Demon King Piccolo for the remainder of the event and then switch back to SSG Goku. I seriously can't wait for SSGSS Goku (TEQ) to be released. Granted, I have to actually PULL him, but I can always use friends in the meantime if I get unlucky. It won't be as potent of a nuke, but still decently powerful. I'm planning to do 2-3 multi-pull when the ROF2 banner comes, so here's hoping I get fortunate...

thaOwner

Alright, settled on my reroll account. Got Teq SSR Cell and the new SSR #17 with the dokkan stones, then got the 30 stone multi and got the SSR SSJ2 PHY Goku.

I'm happy.

Nice. Took a while but finally got Brolly with first yolo pull on a reroll. Did a multi on current banner and received TEQ Whis, 2 AGL Vegetas(one from the current banner and the other from Brolly batch). Just yolo pulled SSR 18. Doubt I'll be getting anything else better than this so I'm definitely keeping it.

http://imgur.com/19rITl8

chrono01

Wow... You can basically 2HKO all the non INT bosses in the game. Can't wait to try it.
Pretty much. It's insane.

Obviously it'd be best to have 2x SSGSS Goku and then a Teq Cell, but he's still a really strong card with just a single SSGSS Goku. I'm hoping I can manage one of my own, but it's comforting to know he'll still be powerful even with one.

9 medals, nearly there. Well, I need to actually level/awaken him first, but at least the grinding portion will be done and over with.

Savitar

Got my INT Cell last night dokkaned, so that's a great feeling.

Like some said you definitely can have bad luck, finished a match a few minutes ago and despite it starting off decently couldn't get stuns off, couldn't get many supers off and Cell did way more attacks than the norm, including three supers. I ran out of items, I had him on his last bar but didn't see it saying use a SA or anything. Some times you simply have shitty luck.

denebj

Neo Member
I got pretty "lucky" with my last pull, did a single and 3 multi, got an other TEQ Cell - Not sure what to do with it siince I already awaken one :-/ I got the new Android 17, a dupe INT GOHAN teen and STR Trunk that I didn't have . Quite a few SSR, not the one I wanted but the RNG was good to me. Pretty much a SSR every 2 pull.

Is the TEQ SSGSS will be Gatcha??

Korezo

I just downloaded the game and I'm really enjoying it. What should I do with the 50 stones I have? I currently habe garbage start up characters.

chrono01

Got my INT Cell last night dokkaned, so that's a great feeling.

Like some said you definitely can have bad luck, finished a match a few minutes ago and despite it starting off decently couldn't get stuns off, couldn't get many supers off and Cell did way more attacks than the norm, including three supers. I ran out of items, I had him on his last bar but didn't see it saying use a SA or anything. Some times you simply have shitty luck.
Yeah, it's a highly RNG-dependent fight. :(

Is the TEQ SSGSS will be Gatcha??
Indeed he will be. He's part of the ROF2 banner.

I like to call this one "I already used a Ghost Usher and Blue didn't stun and I literally can't win because I didn't bring oxking"
Welp.

Hey, maybe he'll do three standard attacks. You might survive that?

I just downloaded the game and I'm really enjoying it. What should I do with the 50 stones I have? I currently habe garbage start up characters.
If you're just starting out, I'd re-roll for one of the Dokkan Festival-exclusive characters (Broly or TEQ Cell). Broly makes Tournaments trivial (once you Dokkan Awaken him), and TEQ Cell is the best single target nuke in the game (when paired up with SSGSS TEQ Goku).

Aside from that, you could try using your 50 Dragon Stones on the Cell Dokkan banner, as the rates for SSR are currently higher than they've ever been. We're not sure if this is a one-off, or if all subsequent/future banners will have the same rates. I'm hopeful, as these are more in-line with what Japan gets, but we won't know for sure until the next event.

If you do manage to pull TEQ Cell, you might want to think about holding your Dragon Stones for the ROF2 banner so you can try to grab TEQ SSGSS Goku. He's the other half to the nuking power of TEQ Cell and, while you could always use a Friend, it's more potent if you have two of them (Leader for you, and another from a Friend).

Korezo

If you're just starting out, I'd re-roll for one of the Dokkan Festival-exclusive characters (Broly or TEQ Cell). Broly makes Tournaments trivial (once you Dokkan Awaken him), and TEQ Cell is the best single target nuke in the game (when paired up with SSGSS TEQ Goku).

Aside from that, you could try using your 50 Dragon Stones on the Cell Dokkan banner, as the rates for SSR are currently higher than they've ever been. We're not sure if this is a one-off, or if all subsequent/future banners will have the same rates. I'm hopeful, as these are more in-line with what Japan gets, but we won't know for sure until the next event.

If you do manage to pull TEQ Cell, you might want to think about holding your Dragon Stones for the ROF2 banner so you can try to grab TEQ SSGSS Goku. He's the other half to the nuking power of TEQ Cell and, while you could always use a Friend, it's more potent if you have two of them (Leader for you, and another from a Friend).

Can you reroll with a iphone? Also by reroll you mean to delete the game and start over until I get cell or goku as a start up character?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Managed to pull PHY Super Trunks, so that's something I guess. When he reduces the healing Cell only heals 2500. Unfortunately you need to be next to Cell healing for it to reduce.

Welp.

Hey, maybe he'll do three standard attacks. You might survive that?

Nah, the attacks were normal-super-normal.

Kyou

so where's the teq SSGSS goku from that pairs with the cell?

edit: Nm just saw

I am being very bad about grinding medals because it is so tedious

Cromat

It's annoying that I have to keep doing a 4 stamina quest stage to refresh my Friends List. Not gonna try without Turles, just not worth the time if it's likely that I'll lose.

chrono01

Can you reroll with a iphone? Also by reroll you mean to delete the game and start over until I get cell or goku as a start up character?
You can indeed, it's what I did (way back for SSG Goku). Just say choose not to continue the previous data after you uninstall/reinstall the game and you'll start fresh.

Most people use PC programs/emulators to re-roll, since they can use automated programs to do it all for them. I did it the hard day with my iPhone, though, over the course of many days. The rates were much worse than they currently are, so you shouldn't have too much trouble.
Nah, the attacks were normal-super-normal.
:(

so where's the teq SSGSS goku from that pairs with the cell?

edit: Nm just saw

I am being very bad about grinding medals because it is so tedious
Yeah, grinding medals from Cell is really tedious. Each run takes me a decent amount of time, since I have to be extremely careful in planning out my Ki. If I don't leave enough to fire off a Super with one of my stun units...

It's annoying that I have to keep doing a 4 stamina quest stage to refresh my Friends List. Not gonna try without Turles, just not worth the time if it's likely that I'll lose.
I wish there was an easier way to refresh the list too. I just need one more medal, but I'm not getting any Turles to appear! I switched my leader from Demon King Piccolo (+2 Ki) to Babidi (+1 Ki to INT, as well as 50% chance to stun on Super for two turns). It might help out people more.

Kyou

Yeah, grinding medals from Cell is really tedious. Each run takes me a decent amount of time, since I have to be extremely careful in planning out my Ki. If I don't leave enough to fire off a Super with one of my stun units...

If the stuns stop sticking it can easily turn into an hour+ war of attrition

chrono01

If the stuns stop sticking it can easily turn into an hour+ war of attrition
Attack/Heal
Attack/Heal

/rage!

I hate when he heals in the very first slot (before my character can even act) and I have no Ghost Usher. There's literally nothing I can do but have him heal the 115,000HP. :/

Finally found a team that might work for me against Cell, had some bad RNG at the end of my test though and I didn't have any stones to continue, but I think I can pull through.

But I still can't figure out a team for the Broly fight yet.

chrono01

Medal #10 obtained, I'm done with the Cell event.

I'm not sure whether to keep up my Babidi SSR (+1 Ki, 50% stuns for two turns) or go back to my SSG Goku, for those farming Broly. If I had a Turles it'd be no question, but since I don't I'm not sure. I've temporarily gone back to SSG Goku, but if anyone needs a lesser-powered stun (compared to Turles) unit for Cell, just let me know and I'll switch back.

I really wish I had Turles. :/

I had the closest shave with Cell for my 8th medal. My ninth was a breeze because he never healed enough lol. Last one when I wake up from nap. Also my friend pulled Broly which makes me hella jealous. Here is hoping for me as well.

Korezo

You can indeed, it's what I did (way back for SSG Goku). Just say choose not to continue the previous data after you uninstall/reinstall the game and you'll start fresh.

Most people use PC programs/emulators to re-roll, since they can use automated programs to do it all for them. I did it the hard day with my iPhone, though, over the course of many days. The rates were much worse than they currently are, so you shouldn't have too much trouble.

I'm sorry for all the questions, but can you get Broly or the teq cell at the first pull of the game when you start?

chrono01

I'm sorry for all the questions, but can you get Broly or the teq cell at the first pull of the game when you start?
It's already been answered, but I'll go ahead and re-iterate. The first pull is always one of the "beginner SR" (STR Frieza, AGL Goku, etc.). The one you're after is the one you pull from actual gatcha machine with the Dokkan banner, when you gain access to the main screen.

Kyou

Thinking about dropping 16 and ssj2 trunks for some heavy hitting int characters since I'm not really using the link

But I know as soon as I do I'll need it every time

Korezo

It's already been answered, but I'll go ahead and re-iterate. The first pull is always one of the "beginner SR" (STR Frieza, AGL Goku, etc.). The one you're after is the one you pull from actual gatcha machine with the Dokkan banner, when you gain access to the main screen.

I got Krillen 1st and then the SSR Teq Cell from the Dokkan, should I keep? Cell dropped on first pull.

Savitar

G'damn, I had decided to do one of Korins missions earlier and so I switched to my STR team only added Turles for other people so they could still use him. Then when I went to play later on and tried Cell guess what I did. Yeah, I used the STR based team. I was ready to quit then and there once I realized my mistake but I decided to give a shot since I had two Turles, my own and another guys plus had STR Gohan to tackle any health gains by Cell. I didn't expect much, in fact I expected to fail.

I freaking nailed it, it was probably the biggest slaughter I've done against Cell yet, I used only a single Ghost Usher, not even a senzu. SS3 Goku was pounding him, the other STR like Goten was brutal and he changed spheres to rainbows so that made getting SA's easier. Plus my two Turles were able to keep him all but stunned except once. Goku was hitting for over 100,000 at times and other STR seemed to do better against Cell than the INT ones overall. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom