• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. Should I bring him and a lot of orb changing items and nuke him to hell?

Use GT TEQ SSJ Goku.

His passive is +7% per orb along with SSG Goku's 30% buff he gives to TEQ units. You need roughly 30orbs for the nuke. Anything extra is just better.

Make sure the GT Goku's SA is max since its not supreme damage. Cell is better if you can grab a friend one.

olympia

after a string of shitty global pulls I did a Japan single and I got a bye guys ssj3 gotenks. lmao. why do I even bother with global

also he takes 77 medals to dokkan? what the fUCK

MiTYH

One more Janemba medal until I can dokkan him. Very easy battle, just wish I had more stamina. I hate doing two battles and then just kind of... waiting.

I think I'll move onto Vegeta next, gotta get medals for my TEQ one finally. Still need 2 Chun drops buuuut I'm bored with drop rates stinking, similar to KC, still need those last two character drops. Might work on AGL Vegeta too, heard his drop wasn't bad

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
One more Janemba medal until I can dokkan him. Very easy battle, just wish I had more stamina. I hate doing two battles and then just kind of... waiting.

I think I'll move onto Vegeta next, gotta get medals for my TEQ one finally. Still need 2 Chun drops buuuut I'm bored with drop rates stinking, similar to KC, still need those last two character drops. Might work on AGL Vegeta too, heard his drop wasn't bad

After I finish the Goku Dokkan medals I have Janemba next. Hopefully it is easier than stupid Goku

If you're a low enough level, doing the story x3 can lvl you up after like 3-4 rounds. Helps with gem farming too.

MiTYH

After I finish the Goku Dokkan medals I have Janemba next. Hopefully it is easier than stupid Goku

It is. I run Gogeta lead/Friend PHY SSJ, usually Gotenks or Gohan. Add at least one or two AGL SSJ, and some more PHY units, SSJ if possible. Very easy, only had to use one or two senzu's if I had bad placement

If you're a low enough level, doing the story x3 can lvl you up after like 3-4 rounds. Helps with gem farming too.

Yeah, it takes about 4 storymodes to fully level me up with 18-3 or whatever the Whis one is. Good for gem farming too, I need to get back to that, but Janemba calls to me to finish. Maybe I'll go to that schedule after though

It is. I run Gogeta lead/Friend PHY SSJ, usually Gotenks or Gohan. Add at least one or two AGL SSJ, and some more PHY units, SSJ if possible. Very easy, only had to use one or two senzu's if I had bad placement

Yeah, it takes about 4 storymodes to fully level me up with 18-3 or whatever the Whis one is. Good for gem farming too, I need to get back to that, but Janemba calls to me to finish. Maybe I'll go to that schedule after though
Speaking of Janemba his medal helps the LR Android too, right? How many do they need?

Also that feeling when you land on two "?" And your Gogeta Friend gets +4 ki each time. Ults for days!

MisterMac

Use GT TEQ SSJ Goku.

His passive is +7% per orb along with SSG Goku's 30% buff he gives to TEQ units. You need roughly 30orbs for the nuke. Anything extra is just better.

Make sure the GT Goku's SA is max since its not supreme damage. Cell is better if you can grab a friend one.

I'll try this out. Glad I farmed GT Goku to 10SA and awakened him and all that jazz. Thanks for the intel.

I've being doing the SSJ3 Vegeta and the Cooler events and I haven't gotten a single drop on any of them. Do I need to have room in my inventory for a card to drop? I've been keeping one slot open just in case.

I'll try this out. Glad I farmed GT Goku to 10SA and awakened him and all that jazz. Thanks for the intel.

I've being doing the SSJ3 Vegeta and the Cooler events and I haven't gotten a single drop on any of them. Do I need to have room in my inventory for a card to drop? I've been keeping one slot open just in case.

Yes, otherwise they don't show up. You should always keep about 10 free space for drops. Make sure to continuously use up Ns in training unless you are out of cash.

Yes, otherwise they don't show up. You should always keep about 10 free space for drops. Make sure to continuously use up Ns in training unless you are out of cash.
Ye they do. There's been times where my inventory was full and I got a card drop and had to sell, train, or expand my inventory if I wanted to do the level again

Ye they do. There's been times where my inventory was full and I got a card drop and had to sell, train, or expand my inventory if I wanted to do the level again

Hmm never had the space issue except when I did friend multis over my limit so I didn't know they continued to drop at space capacity and then warned you lol.

MisterMac

Well I pulled Janemba from the discount summon. I'm not super excited since he's not a character I dig and I'm still salty I didn't get STR SSJ2 Trunks from the Super Saiyan Banner. Any tips on teams to bring? I'm thinking go all Super Saiyans to the tune of

PHY Fist of Conviction Bardock UR
STR Roar of Death Broly UR
TEQ A Warrior Obsessed Majin Vegeta UR
PHY Resolute Valor SSJ Gohan SSR
AGI Supreme Warrior Awakened SSJ Goku SSR

And probably STR To Greater Heights SSJ God SSJ Vegeta and grabbing the strongest friend Gogeta or Gotenks I can find.

My agi cards are basically that one Goku and my only other solid PHY is Kami.

MiTYH

Well I pulled Janemba from the discount summon. I'm not super excited since he's not a character I dig and I'm still salty I didn't get STR SSJ2 Trunks from the Super Saiyan Banner. Any tips on teams to bring? I'm thinking go all Super Saiyans to the tune of

PHY Fist of Conviction Bardock UR
STR Roar of Death Broly UR
TEQ A Warrior Obsessed Majin Vegeta UR
PHY Resolute Valor SSJ Gohan SSR
AGI Supreme Warrior Awakened SSJ Goku SSR

And probably STR To Greater Heights SSJ God SSJ Vegeta and grabbing the strongest friend Gogeta or Gotenks I can find.

My agi cards are basically that one Goku and my only other solid PHY is Kami.

Honestly? I just got my 10 medals using double gogeta, two AGL SSJ, and PHY units. I chose super strike KingCold over another SSJ because of the ability. In order to minimize the use of items, gogeta finishing Janemba is much faster, and you need PHY to block damage more than to attack.

Gotenks is a good standin. PHY Kibito Kai (fusion) works good for links and blocking too

MisterMac

Honestly? I just got my 10 medals using double gogeta, two AGL SSJ, and PHY units. I chose super strike KingCold over another SSJ because of the ability. In order to minimize the use of items, gogeta finishing Janemba is much faster, and you need PHY to block damage more than to attack.

Gotenks is a good standin. PHY Kibito Kai (fusion) works good for links and blocking too

If I had a Gogeta rest assured I would be using him. Sadly 4 days worth of rerolling didn't give me the goods. I have the Strike Cold but didn't manage to beat him enough times to Dokkan awaken him so he's sitting at level 1 in my box

Savitar

Pulls have been almost too kind to me lately, which makes me a little concerned for when Super Vegito comes around.

1HWQIPa.gif

Hmm never had the space issue except when I did friend multis over my limit so I didn't know they continued to drop at space capacity and then warned you lol.

Yeh it was weird. It was annoying because I didn't want to have to but space and I had no characters I could just sell/use as training partners. Maybe they fixed it recently though? This happened months ago.

Every time I had a super set up Vegeta stunned it and I ended up running out of time

Are you able to use ghost ushers during those instakill fights? If so then close the app use em if Vegeta stuns it. Or if those don't work close the app and just rearrange your characters order.
Edit: autocorrect is a butthole

Can anyone give me some tips for the Vegeta dokkan event? I was doing great until he apparently got bored making all the items and gems used a total waste.

I use a Gogeta OIAF/Fused Fighter setup with Gogeta, Gotenks, ssj3 Goku agl, ssj3 str Vegeta Ssb Goku and ssgss Goku. Usually I'd use Yenma and Ghosts as items for dokkan but I'm low on ghosts.

Is there a better item setup? For reference this build worked for both Gogeta and ssj3 Goku dokkan events. All units but Vegeta are fully awakened.

MiTYH

Can anyone give me some tips for the Vegeta dokkan event? I was doing great until he apparently got bored making all the items and gems used a total waste.

I use a Gogeta OIAF/Fused Fighter setup with Gogeta, Gotenks, ssj3 Goku agl, ssj3 str Vegeta Ssb Goku and ssgss Goku. Usually I'd use Yenma and Ghosts as items for dokkan but I'm low on ghosts.

Is there a better item setup? For reference this build worked for both Gogeta and ssj3 Goku dokkan events. All units but Vegeta are fully awakened.

That sounds like it should work. I'm running double Gogeta, Janemba, SSGSS Goku, SSJ Gohan, Whis, and the new SSR Goten. Links all work well to give Gogeta supers every time, with ease for the others too. I still have to use a senzu or two but it's not terrible.

Show your box/AGL units if you want more help.

That sounds like it should work. I'm running double Gogeta, Janemba, SSGSS Goku, SSJ Gohan, Whis, and the new SSR Goten. Links all work well to give Gogeta supers every time, with ease for the others too. I still have to use a senzu or two but it's not terrible.

Show your box/AGL units if you want more help.

Hmmm, maybe I just had really bad luck with my first run then. I might see if I can swap a few units out to get more AGL units in and give it a shot. If I had more Ghosts it would be a whole load easier but I'm struggling to tank all the damage without them.

I ended up doing it with Teq SSJ3 Vegeta, AGL SSJ3 Goku, AGL Kaioken Goku, AGL SSG Goku, AGL Ulti Gohan and AGL Golden Frieza and a Gogeta friend.

Use items and try your best to line up Frieza for the tank.

Hmmm, maybe I just had really bad luck with my first run then. I might see if I can swap a few units out to get more AGL units in and give it a shot. If I had more Ghosts it would be a whole load easier but I'm struggling to tank all the damage without them.

Use King Ox or Icarus for damage reduction. Also have Dende and Senzu beans. Don't use Ghosts. Your team should be able to handle it.

Can anyone give me some advice on dealing with Janemba? Pulled him in the discount and want to awaken him. Here's what I am working with

http://imgur.com/2dHfI3H
http://imgur.com/cv7vx4a
http://imgur.com/N33iYh3

Your box is too new to really handle Janemba at this point. No where near enough PHY SSRs. At best you can hope to use a friend Gogeta and hang on for dear life each turn while supering with Gogeta. If you really want to try,

PHY SSJ Bardock lead
PHY SSJ Gohan Teen
PHY SSJ Gohan Adult Green Tracksuit
PHY King Cold
PHY Mecha Frieza
PHY Evil Buu

The major issue is the links you have don't mesh well.

I tried Tao, very easy but man do the links my AGL have are really bad thanks to cost restrictions.

he can lvl the janemba and use him to tank

Half his units aren't awakened is the issue not to mention not maxed out on level.

Aaaaaaaand the General Tao Super Strike has begun. It's also taught me I've got no good mid-level AGL characters :-/

I have no non awakened AGL except Whis lol. Nothing that links very well either. Ended up using SSG AGL Goku with his max SA to kill Tao. Its annoying getting the orbs though. Might try with Gotenks since he has +2 ki or try nuking with Golden Frieza.

MiTYH

Finally, got my 10th Vegeta medal and awakened my TEQ Vegeta. Feels good, he was one of the first pulls on this account. Now that that's done, I can go back to --

Aaaaaaaand the General Tao Super Strike has begun.

DAMNIT!

Anyone care to help me make a team for Tao? Cost is my biggest issue since most of my units are awoken
AGL Units: http://i.imgur.com/naMnK1B.jpg
HIGH ATK LEADS: http://i.imgur.com/Ma1pVTU.jpg

Other notable AGL units that aren't shown are both SR androids, SR Pikkon, R BardokR Trunks (Teen), and SR Super Zarbon

Finally, got my 10th Vegeta medal and awakened my TEQ Vegeta. Feels good, he was one of the first pulls on this account. Now that that's done, I can go back to --

DAMNIT!

Anyone care to help me make a team for Tao? Cost is my biggest issue since most of my units are awoken

Other notable AGL units that aren't shown are both SR androids, SR Pikkon, R BardokR Trunks (Teen), and SR Super Zarbon
Ssj3? I found that TUR SSJ3 Vegeta to be lackluster. It's not amazing or anything.

I need three more jamba medals and I'm done :eek:

linkent

DAMNIT!

Vegeta lead(3ki lead), ssr kids trunks(rainbow to agi), ball goku(nuker), agl murasaki(can see him, but you should get him from WT), roshi(ki support) use friend golden frieza(nuker lead and tanker)

Meneses

I'm glad I kept a bunch of AGL scrubs around for these situational events, its been easy. Only issue is lack of links for Gogeta, which means I have to use +ki items.

I'm going with:

Super Strike Vegeta (still SSR) as a leader.

SR AGL Tao (awakened to SSR), Baba shop Chiaotzu (still SSR) and R Murasaki (awakened to SR) for stuns and super sealing.

R Bandages (awakened to SR) and R Android 18 (awakened to SR) for perfect guard.

Friend Gogeta for damage, as usual.

I could try making Chiaotzu leader for his -30% attack but might not be worth losing the Vegeta ki.

Savitar

I'm going to have to reconfigure my steam set up as the one I'm using isn't as effective as I would want.

Doesn't help that you really need to try and fill as many slots as possible, you don't want to end up with a thrown in PHY character again a STR based one.

Been playing this for a little over a week and already have more natural SSRs than I did in 5 months of playing last year. Game got a lot more fun when they started handing them out more often.
Also, never heard of Jamenba before but he links pretty well with 3 of my Buus.
(btw, Buu linkage is amazing).

MiTYH

Vegeta lead(3ki lead), ssr kids trunks(rainbow to agi), ball goku(nuker), agl murasaki(can see him, but you should get him from WT), roshi(ki support) use friend golden frieza(nuker lead and tanker)

Thanks, I'll give this a try.

Can anyone confirm if a full board AGL Frieza nuke KOs Tao?

MisterMac

Your box is too new to really handle Janemba at this point. No where near enough PHY SSRs. At best you can hope to use a friend Gogeta and hang on for dear life each turn while supering with Gogeta. If you really want to try,

PHY SSJ Bardock lead
PHY SSJ Gohan Teen
PHY SSJ Gohan Adult Green Tracksuit
PHY King Cold
PHY Mecha Frieza
PHY Evil Buu

The major issue is the links you have don't mesh well.

I tried Tao, very easy but man do the links my AGL have are really bad thanks to cost restrictions.

Thanks for the advice. I could have Janemba Z-Awakened by tonight and I have the medals to wake up at least 5 of my SSRs. Worst case scenario I just get back to grinding story mode and sitting on my stones til Super Vegito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom