• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden77

Is this ki changing banner worth a pull? I really really want that SSB PHY Vegeta just because I love the character and he seems to be the strongest SSB Vegeta, but sometimes these ki changing characters seem to do more harm than good when I use them as friends.

I have 111 DSs right now.

Lagamorph

thats weird cuz my ssgss goku thats not even a nuker destroys him :/ hits over 1 mill

That was the Goku you were attacking with?

You could try getting past first form by focusing on having Gogeta kill him. At SA10 he can take out the first form with one super. Pack a Green/Blue Orb changer with Senzu and Ghost Usher.
Yeah it was with Big Ass Hope Goku.

I just tried a double AGL Golden Frieza run and I took the first form out with one nuke and the second form nuke hit for about 1.1 million, but that still left just over a third of the last health bar. I was able to get off a super with SSJ3 Goku that finished him, but only after having to use a stone too.

Are there any other characters I can take that might have better links with Big Ass Hope Goku to give him a boost?
Admittedly he's only at SA3 too.

Is this ki changing banner worth a pull? I really really want that SSB PHY Vegeta just because I love the character and he seems to be the strongest SSB Vegeta, but sometimes these ki changing characters seem to do more harm than good when I use them as friends.

I have 111 DSs right now.

I'd say if you really need an Elder Kai then it might be, but I don't plan on doing a pull with it.

Saw the sale and pulled on the Vegeta Dokkan one more time...

29382265894_e571f4b1f1.jpg]

Woop! Time to hold off until next time!

MisterMac

I need more SA10 Gogeta friends so I can kill Janemba 6 more times! Wasn't too bad but my ability to win was all down to Gogeta taking a health bar off every other turn. Only had to use 1 each senzu/dende/yemma/usher. Thank god for Bulma's event.

Thanks to everyone in the thread whose given me advice. I went with
2uIgzHo

And friend Gogeta who like with Jackie Chun sealed the deal for me. So far I've only been able to take down Tao by myself with some clutch nuking

EDIT: Oh he needs 10 medals. 9 more! I'm effed lol

LNBL

According to some guys, in the JP version the super strike events came back weekly and with double rates. Can anyone confirm? It would save spending stones to get them all within the first timeframe

olympia

omg I've been grinding story mode for stones so I can get Gotenks before the banner ends. GSSR #2. I have all the SSRs from this banner now :)

I'm so happy. My boyfriend did the pull. Is baby janemba any good? I've been trying to beat the trunks strike foreverrrrrr

also what should I do with my dupes. I heard bandai was planning something for them. Hold onto them?

yogloo

omg I've been grinding story mode for stones so I can get Gotenks before the banner ends. GSSR #2. I have all the SSRs from this banner now :)

I'm so happy. My boyfriend did the pull. Is baby janemba any good? I've been trying to beat the trunks strike foreverrrrrr

also what should I do with my dupes. I heard bandai was planning something for them. Hold onto them?
He's ridiculous with sv lead.

MiTYH

Janemba for MVP. Wow, I love having him block on my team, he really does wonders. Haven't had to use a health item yet.

Also, we seem to be getting more points, faster? Seems like it at least. Not that I'm complaining.

I doubt I'll hit 80 wins, but after all my gem farming yesterday (got about 400 total thanks to endless grinding and x3 exp), I'm almost at rank 210, and it feels so good

Also pulled a dupe SSR Kami from the DB pool, so far that's awesome

MisterMac

Janemba for MVP. Wow, I love having him block on my team, he really does wonders. Haven't had to use a health item yet.

Also, we seem to be getting more points, faster? Seems like it at least. Not that I'm complaining.

I doubt I'll hit 80 wins, but after all my gem farming yesterday (got about 400 total thanks to endless grinding and x3 exp), I'm almost at rank 210, and it feels so good

Also pulled a dupe SSR Kami from the DB pool, so far that's awesome

Hell yes. I was initially not excited to pull Janemba but he's been a godsend and his attack is pretty awesome compared to some of my cards. I'm running him and the STR SSJ3 Vegeta who takes 50% less damage and HP is no problem. I'm almost disappointed because I wanted to see how an HP Regen team with a lot of Buus did

linkent

Naruto pvp and wt together again. Please Bamco...
Also Zephyr in optc.
Dont think i can farm this 80win this WT.
Kinda hit a fatigue with this game.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
This WT update sucks, it fucked up the AI so green will prefer targeting other NPCs and everyone runs around like a chicken afterwards.

I really wish the Xeno Trunks event went by before this tournament. Would make the grind so much easier with the chance of double attack all. The amount of times Majin Vegeta ends up in the 7th slot is so annoying.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
What's the best XP farming stage these days? Can only find recommendations from a year ago.

Anything from the last story area gives 12k+ XP on Z-Hard. Best to pick a stage you have units that make it a cake walk. Master of the Demon Realm, Part 2 gives slightly more xp (like by 200xp), A Surprising End has more pilaf drops for farming gems, Sovereign of the Warrior Race has five bosses that drop gems.

This WT update sucks, it fucked up the AI so green will prefer targeting other NPCs and everyone runs around like a chicken afterwards.

I thought it was just me. It's noticeably much worse this tourney. First round is adding about a minute more than usual cause of me chasing them around the board.

Are there any other characters I can take that might have better links with Big Ass Hope Goku to give him a boost?
Admittedly he's only at SA3 too.

Paikuhan links with him for a +10% boost.

GKFinns

Is it just me or does the AI fire off more supers in the WT now? I've lost three times to a Broly or Gogeta hitting me with a super that is a guaranteed KO regardless.

MiTYH

Is it just me or does the AI fire off more supers in the WT now? I've lost three times to a Broly or Gogeta hitting me with a super that is a guaranteed KO regardless.

I haven't noticed any yet.

Carry Ghost Ushers and be quick on the force close, you can get around that I believe

Savitar

Remembered those nice easy to get crystals so jumped back in and yeah the WT is different in how the AI is reacting, normally if you were closer to one than another they'd make a bee line for you, if you were next to one it would always come at you. That isn't the case now. Even more stunning was how in the first movie saw twice it actually bypassed another AI instead of getting into a fight.

Still thankful for Broly and Majin Vegeta.

Lagamorph

Paikuhan links with him for a +10% boost.
Sadly still not quite enough.

I might just call defeat on this one for now and focus on the tournament and story for more stones to further boost my chances of Super Vegito when he comes up to make these events a lot easier.

Shanlei91

Sadly still not quite enough.

I might just call defeat on this one for now and focus on the tournament and story for more stones to further boost my chances of Super Vegito when he comes up to make these events a lot easier.

You might be able to pull from the DB pool Impressive Ninja Skills Murasaki. With him sealing I could see you pulling off a win with Frieza Leader, SA10 Gogeta Friend - alternating supers from Gogeta and Goku.

MisterMac

I'm hungry to get into this WT Grind but I think I need to prioritize getting some Dokkan Awakened characters. I'm able to consistly take down Janemba now without needing too many items so I think I wanna take a stab at Vegeta too. I need a room of spirit and time to put my phone in so I can regen stamina quicker

Meneses

I've definitely noticed that weird AI too.

Just gonna take my time calmly getting the 80 wins, not really worried about my final ranking.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is 80 wins the goal just because of the guaranteed SSR? I don't think I can grind out 80 wins at this point...

So much to do so little time. I need three more R Gokus to max his SA. Then I need like 650 gems to get the rest of the characters. And then there's WT. Pls slow down Bandai

Is 80 wins the goal just because of the guaranteed SSR? I don't think I can grind out 80 wins at this point...
Yea. I never bother to do it personally. I got burned out after 10 wins lol

Meneses

Basically, yeah.

You get a bunch of DB Saga summons along the way, plus a few stones + training items and some other stuff.

If you don't really care about the SSR, I wouldn't bother. It's a drag even with an attack-all character.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I thought it was just me. It's noticeably much worse this tourney. First round is adding about a minute more than usual cause of me chasing them around.
Yeah, 4 was the magic number with the points spawning in the middle where like 95% of the time everyone runs at you afterwards. Now they just attack each other and run. :/

Shanlei91

Did it once and took alot out of me >.<

I think the first tournament I got up to 20 wins over the course of the weekend and gave up, confused as to how anyone could muster the fortitude to do 100 wins.

Having an attack-all character helps. I also coupled it with mindless exercising - an hour and a half on the stationary bike followed by walking to work in the morning gets me 20 wins. Do it again in the afternoon and then I have the weekend for the last 40 wins.

I think the first tournament I got up to 20 wins over the course of the weekend and gave up, confused as to how anyone could muster the fortitude to do 100 wins.

Having an attack-all character helps. I also coupled it with mindless exercising - an hour and a half on the stationary bike followed by walking to work in the morning gets me 20 wins. Do it again in the afternoon and then I have the weekend for the last 40 wins.
Some people are masochistic or have incredibly high tenacity lol. I'm only masochistic when it involves Dark Souls :p. The only time I bothered to go beyond like 10 wins was when they were giving SSRs for the wins, I got em all because guaranteed SSRs and I spent like 5 DS so that's a win for me

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I do the 80 wins every tournament. Not sure if I'd still do it if the restrictions were as difficult as they used to be (100 wins for the first ticket and only top 1k got the character and the second ticket).

Doing 20 a day is ideal if you wanna pace yourself. I myself try to do 30 on the first day and work through the 50 remaining over the 3 days.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I do the 80 wins every tournament. Not sure if I'd still do it if the restrictions were as difficult as they used to be (100 wins for the first ticket and only top 1k got the character and the second ticket).
I was talking with a friend who also plays yesterday, and I realised that I've participated in all 10 WTs in Global so far, and only missed out on 1 character which was the STR Ult. Gohan from the 2nd WT.
I got sub-1k in the 1st WT when no one really had an idea on how to go about it, but there was more pressure in the 2nd and I ended up at like 1500ish, and then after that they made the rewards easier to get.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Huh. they changed the WT scoring. Same type ki orb use to get you 4 points, now it just gives 2.

I was talking with a friend who also plays yesterday, and I realised that I've participated in all 10 WTs in Global so far, and only missed out on 1 character which was the STR Ult. Gohan from the 2nd WT.
I got sub-1k in the 1st WT when no one really had an idea on how to go about it, but there was more pressure in the 2nd and I ended up at like 1500ish, and then after that they made the rewards easier to get.

I'm in the same boat, I don't have that Gohan either but that's mostly because I really didn't want him.

BrunoM

Well ended up having today off and sence today I pushed a bit harder finishing bow day 1 for me rank 69 won't be laying at all tomorrow and half of sunday let's see how it will look by Sunday afternoon lol hope I don't fall off too far haha

How are you guys doing so far ?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Well ended up having today off and sence today I pushed a bit harder finishing bow day 1 for me rank 69 won't be laying at all tomorrow and half of sunday let's see how it will look by Sunday afternoon lol hope I don't fall off too far haha

How are you guys doing so far ?
23 wins and Rank #4091. Anyone else finding that there seems to be less... resistance this tournament?

I'm in the same boat, I don't have that Gohan either but that's mostly because I really didn't want him.
Yeah, no one in those days could care about a non-Super Saiyan character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom