• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkent

That gohan is one of the best
artwise

I don't have the first wt gohan because I was still a noob.
WT is the most painful experience for me.
Rank 1037
Couldnt log in last 30min due to server error.
Cheaters are not removed.

Yeah, 4 was the magic number with the points spawning in the middle where like 95% of the time everyone runs at you afterwards. Now they just attack each other and run. :/
AI definitely changed, reddit are saying JPN cooler WT also had this same pattern.

23 wins and Rank #4091. Anyone else finding that there seems to be less... resistance this tournament?

Yeah, no one in those days could care about a non-Super Saiyan character.
16 wins rank 8k.
People are tired of this WT grind.

MisterMac

Third Kami pull on my DB tickets. Just give me Bunny Bulma or General Blue please. Now I've gotten 3 Launch, 3 Kami, and a bunch of Rs across two WT.

Please everyone stay disinterested so I can snag a pair of GSSR tickets for 80 wins and minimal effort grinding for rank. Much obliged

Meneses

lol I got 2 bulmas (i'm at SA5, or something) and another Launch so far.

I've been super disinterested, only at 25 wins. I might get to 80 anyway, depending on how I feel lol

Doesn't help that my Majeta usually shows up on the last turn -_-'

Savitar

I'm up to six Kami's.

And yeah people just don't care about this WT.

Shit reward for one and people are busy at this time of the year.

lol I got 2 bulmas (i'm at SA5, or something) and another Launch so far.

I've been super disinterested, only at 25 wins. I might get to 80 anyway, depending on how I feel lol

Doesn't help that my Majeta usually shows up on the last turn -_-'

Get a TUR Broly, a Majeta, and friend a Majeta/TUR broly :p

MisterMac

I'll call the WT disinterest a net gain. I'm hungry for SSRs so I'll take this easy route to the 10k bracket at least.

One more Janemba awakening medal! Special thanks to Kanik. The majority of my wins are clutching onto your Gogeta's fusion vest for dear life and weathering the demon storm of fury. Looks like Janemba will be my first Dokkan awakened card.

I want to try SSJ3 Vegeta but I dunno what I should prioritize on. Two stunners, a sealer, and good enough passives/links to fire a super every turn? Tree of might fruit to ensure I have enough Ki? I don't have very many good agility cards but I have the new SR Super Strike Tien who has stun chances. My best stunners are probably Launch and SSJ3 Vegeta who has to double as one of my blockers. I'll have Janemba to try and tank hits. Bardock is my only solid sealer but will he be a liability cause of type weakness? He's my only rainbow Ki leader besides Kami too. Should I sacrifice a goat and yolo summon on the agility banner and get a golden Frieza?!?!

Edit: oh I forgot I have cyborg Tao about ready to Dokkan awaken so my stunner situation is a bit less dire

I hate this WT A.I so much. The top left used to always come for me, now it goes towards the enemy and dies. Like this first round both the top left and bottom right went towards the enemy. One lost their entire team the other had two survivors so now the top right has like 21k pts THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
One more Janemba awakening medal! Special thanks to Kanik. The majority of my wins are clutching onto your Gogeta's fusion vest for dear life and weathering the demon storm of fury. Looks like Janemba will be my first Dokkan awakened card.

Snm62Vp.png

Glad he helps!

How are you guys doing so far in the WT?

At 79 wins around rank 160. Will do the last win in the morning. The AI changes have made the first round take like 30-60 seconds longer. It's annoying.

BrunoM

Ended up having yesterday and today off lucky so played a bit ..

Right now sitting at 25th
20161002_002839.png

But tomorrow will be a no play day for sure family lunch and other normal stuff lol and Monday back to work hope it will be enough to keep me top 2k

And yeah about the first round seems as if the AI went crazy this WT it's as if they avoid Cus they want to ..

Any case so far 95 win and 95 wins in a row no loses

Keep it up guys !! All the best for the rest of the WT

MisterMac

20 wins, my fourth Kami, and the Int old demon Piccolo. Getting 60 more wins seems so far away but I'll probably go hard tomorrow. I only have 86 stamina so it's tough. But I figure if I spend less than 30 stones and get two GSSR tickets out of the deal it's a win since a premium summon could give me a big fat nothing.

Im going as far as 10 wins. So far I'm at 39k rank which I'm content with, it'll get me enough silver tickets for a GSSR. I also got enough DS to do multi-multi-summons. Once that Super Vegito banner drops I'll be ready.

I won't be ready for the disappointment though :(

Ended up having yesterday and today off lucky so played a bit ..

Right now sitting at 25th
20161002_002839.png

But tomorrow will be a no play day for sure family lunch and other normal stuff lol and Monday back to work hope it will be enough to keep me top 2k

And yeah about the first round seems as if the AI went crazy this WT it's as if they avoid Cus they want to ..

Any case so far 95 win and 95 wins in a row no loses

Keep it up guys !! All the best for the rest of the WT

What is your team and dang that is a ton of wins. Do you have Broly and Majin Vegeta?

MisterMac

It'a almost depressing to do WT with Majin Vegeta and Broly friends because I have them both but they are both unawakened. One day I will be able to lend glorious aoe to the single target souls in the world.

Unrelated, do I keep all my Baba shop treasures once the cards rotate out? I don't think I'll be able to grind enough for any of the cards and if they don't hold over I want to cash out on Elder Kai so I can pull my hair out over who gets to be awakened. Speaking of ooof my poor wallet. Dokkaning Tao and Jackie is gonna break my bank. That 3 mil in WT Satan statues is good as spent

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Grind was worth it.

t9eG5eB.png
3pUm6xV.png

It'a almost depressing to do WT with Majin Vegeta and Broly friends because I have them both but they are both unawakened. One day I will be able to lend glorious aoe to the single target souls in the world.

Unrelated, do I keep all my Baba shop treasures once the cards rotate out? I don't think I'll be able to grind enough for any of the cards and if they don't hold over I want to cash out on Elder Kai so I can pull my hair out over who gets to be awakened. Speaking of ooof my poor wallet. Dokkaning Tao and Jackie is gonna break my bank. That 3 mil in WT Satan statues is good as spent

Ya, you keep anything you buy in the Baba shop.

BrunoM

What is your team and dang that is a ton of wins. Do you have Broly and Majin Vegeta?
Hi

Yeah I got them both got lucky in 2 singles I'm f2p so that's why I push a little bit more when it comes to the WT for the GSSR

Maybe I'll be able to pull a Gogeta one of these days lol

How are you guys so far ?

TheAznOne

Hi

Yeah I got them both got lucky in 2 singles I'm f2p so that's why I push a little bit more when it comes to the WT for the GSSR

Maybe I'll be able to pull a Gogeta one of these days lol

How are you guys so far ?

Sadly I'm not at a certain amount of WT wins I wanted before I had the day off today. Only at 25 wins so the grind to 80 will be tough despite having only today off.

BrunoM

Sadly I'm not at a certain amount of WT wins I wanted before I had the day off today. Only at 25 wins so the grind to 80 will be tough despite having only today off.
Yeah the grind does suck and gets to you I tried to watch some tv while playing I was doing a win every 13 to 15 mins tried to keep that up for 5 hours that was my goal for the 2 days I played ..

Was able to play a bit more than just 5 hours so it worked out for me

But keep it up you can do it buddy !!

Goddammit. I hate how the buttons on the screen don't stay there for my phone. I have to swipe down the notification bar to access the buttons. WHICH GOT ME KILLED IN THE FINAL ROUND uGTSUYFGAYSUFGUSAGFYUFSGUY I hate this game

TheAznOne

Yeah the grind does suck and gets to you I tried to watch some tv while playing I was doing a win every 13 to 15 mins tried to keep that up for 5 hours that was my goal for the 2 days I played ..

Was able to play a bit more than just 5 hours so it worked out for me

But keep it up you can do it buddy !!

Ofc I get called into work later. There goes my possible chance for 80 wins. Wish Bamco could do the WT during the week instead the weekend.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'd like a Majuub... or anything that's not a dupe.
What I realistically want most are more Androids; I only got 1 after all these WT...

Welp. Another Android 13. Pretty sure if I kept all the ones the WT's been giving me, he'd be close to SA 10 already.

At least that's an easy 10k baba points.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If I'm not going for 80 wins what should be my goal? Don't think I can get top 10k bc I'm at 19k now.

RIP me, I had to run so many errands that I missed out on grinding. I'm not gonna kill myself trying to grind 40 wins. I'll just get to 50 and call it.

Should be able to still get either silver or gold ticket and still summon either way. Just gonna suck to miss out on free ticket at 80 wins. If only Xeno Trunks event passed before the tournament. :(

MisterMac

Since 80 WT wins is out I my reach I went after SSJ3 Vegeta and one once, then lost my next 3 attempts. Uuuuuughhhhh fuck that guy. Getting those 9 medals would be so clutch but my agility units aren't there. I'll try another round with a double SSGSS Goku nuking GT Goku and if that doesn't win it for me I'll give up like a punk. One of my attempts if I had had one more attack, not even a super he would have been gone!

If I can stay in the top 20k I'll be happy with this WT. That gives me one GSSR pull and lets me use the tickets I got from the last WT

Meneses

Since 80 WT wins is out I my reach I went after SSJ3 Vegeta and one once, then lost my next 3 attempts. Uuuuuughhhhh fuck that guy. Getting those 9 medals would be so clutch but my agility units aren't there. I'll try another round with a double SSGSS Goku nuking GT Goku and if that doesn't win it for me I'll give up like a punk. One of my attempts if I had had one more attack, not even a super he would have been gone!

If I can stay in the top 20k I'll be happy with this WT. That gives me one GSSR pull and lets me use the tickets I got from the last WT

I was super frustrated with the Vegeta event because I just couldn't beat him for some reason.

Then I slightly tweaked my team and it was smooth sailing. I have good characters but my first teams weren't cutting it. Then I went with:

SS3 Goku leader
Baba shop Goku
Ult Gohan
Whis (probably the difference maker when I put him in my team, he helps stun and heal)
TEQ SS3 Vegeta, I don't really remember why
INT Turles to block the first phase and stun.

Damage was mostly done by Friend Gogeta and my SS3 Goku, it usually went to the last round but a couple times i'd get lucky and finish it earlier.

commish

I'm at 25 wins. I have no idea how you guys do 80. Anyone who grinds out 80 wins deserves the mightiest of SSRs.

Meneses

I'm at 25 wins. I have no idea how you guys do 80. Anyone who grinds out 80 wins deserves the mightiest of SSRs.

You know what, I don't know how I do it either lol

Anyway, have they fixed the "close app" cheese?

Just lost a Finals match because they were supering and I immediately closed the app but when I restarted I was out of the tournament.

commish

Just lost a Finals match because they were supering and I immediately closed the app but when I restarted I was out of the tournament.

Have to be faster. I've done it before. If the "KO" sign appears it's too late.

I hope not. Funny story, the enemy has never supered me in the tournament yet. 15 wins 0 supers. I might go for 30 wins(which is about what you need for beer is tier). So I get 2 DS from 30 wins and 5 from beers tier. Can't let 7 stones slip away! I need as much as I can for the Vegito banner.

Like commish said, it still works on my end.

Meneses

Have to be faster. I've done it before. If the "KO" sign appears it's too late.

No, I know that, I actually turned it off as soon as saw him enter the super animation.

But now that I think about it, i've been kinda absent mindedly grinding so maybe I misclicked the "resume" option on start up, that would explain it.

I'm hovering around the 21k rank mark. I might try for the 10k-20k tier but I'm still happy where I am. This account is less than a month old so I don't even have a good enough team cost for all these URs. I'll be happy with the 3 million zenny.

Also, that Super Janemba event is crazy hard, particularly since I only have 1 PHY character. I most likely won't be dokkaning my Janemba anytime soon. How often do these Dokkan events cycle?

MisterMac

I was super frustrated with the Vegeta event because I just couldn't beat him for some reason.

Then I slightly tweaked my team and it was smooth sailing. I have good characters but my first teams weren't cutting it. Then I went with:

SS3 Goku leader
Baba shop Goku
Ult Gohan
Whis (probably the difference maker when I put him in my team, he helps stun and heal)
TEQ SS3 Vegeta, I don't really remember why
INT Turles to block the first phase and stun.

Damage was mostly done by Friend Gogeta and my SS3 Goku, it usually went to the last round but a couple times i'd get lucky and finish it earlier.

I've been bringing

TEQ SSGSS Goku
TEQ Kid Goku GT
AGL Kid Buu, 10% heal helps a little and one of my 2 SSR AGL units
AGL SSR Supreme Warrior Awakened Goku - he basically sucks but he's AGL and can eat an attack
INT Janemba - He blocks
SSJ3 STR Vegeta - He blocks and god willing stuns

And the highest SA Gogeta the friends list gods will deem fit to grace me with.

My team is pretty bad and has no linking synergy but my account isn't even 30 days old yet so you see what I have to work with...

81Z1klf.jpg

I basically hold on for dear life blocking with Janemba, Vegeta and whatever poor AGL unit is up long enough to alternate supering with friend Gogeta and nuking with GT Goku. Stun with Vegeta when I can. And pray.

Is Baba shop Goku a good investment? I'm at 178 stones and was gonna see if I made enough for Krillin or just cash out on Elder Kai medals. Even if he is I broke my bank Dokkan awakening Tao and Janemba.

It's cold out there in the time distorted world

MiTYH

Ughh. Sitting at rank 25k right now with 22 wins. Might be a few wins away from hitting Beerus tier and getting the 5 stones, so I'm going to throw a stone towards that goal in the hopes of coming out ahead and securing my 20-30k placing. Plus 25 wins gets a Supreme Kai medal and that's always nice.

How long do we have 3x EXP? I need to get back to gem farming soon. I think I need the Yamcha still, and some Elder Kais. And we're getting new content soon? Dokkan fest should be ending shortly but I can't remember what's on the radar

Meneses

Is Baba shop Goku a good investment? I'm at 178 stones and was gonna see if I made enough for Krillin or just cash out on Elder Kai medals. Even if he is I broke my bank Dokkan awakening Tao and Janemba.

It's cold out there in the time distorted world

Baba Goku has a +2 Ki passive and Prepared for Battle link, which are pretty cool.

Krillin is also good because he has a cheap Team Cost and has Perfect Guard, he was my MVP on the PHY super strikes.

Other Baba characters also have low costs and special effects like ATT down and such,, so they have their uses.

Meneses

How long do we have 3x EXP? I need to get back to gem farming soon. I think I need the Yamcha still, and some Elder Kais. And we're getting new content soon? Dokkan fest should be ending shortly but I can't remember what's on the radar

I think 3x EXP (and all the current celebration events) are supposed to go away with today/tomorrow's refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom