• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meneses

About that, does Vegeta end when the day changes over in game tonight (8pm eastern for me) too?!

According to the date in the News item, yes.

We should be getting the two INT Super Strikes.

edit: actually it isn't when the daily reward changes, it's the other update time 6 hours later, when the events change over (7ish AM for me in GMT)

MiTYH

Oh man, I low-balled how many rounds I needed to get to Beers tier. I'll still come out ahead, but it'll take 4 more wins, not 2 like I thought. Unless I get a bonus team in there.

Still, I'm all for it. Might even push me into the 10-20k rank if no one else plays much tonight (doubtful)

According to the date in the News item, yes.

We should be getting the two INT Super Strikes.

Damn, I forgot about those. Since i'm on a rerolled Gogeta, I don't have Android 16 farmed yet, and he's basically necessary for LR Goku. So, I guess that's my life for a while.

Meneses

Oh man, I low-balled how many rounds I needed to get to Beers tier. I'll still come out ahead, but it'll take 4 more wins, not 2 like I thought. Unless I get a bonus team in there.

Still, I'm all for it. Might even push me into the 10-20k rank if no one else plays much tonight (doubtful)

Damn, I forgot about those. Since i'm on a rerolled Gogeta, I don't have Android 16 farmed yet, and he's basically necessary for LR Goku. So, I guess that's my life for a while.

The good thing about the WT grind is that it allowed me to level up the rest of the 10 TEQ Gokus from that previous tournament.

I also have a missing Android 16, he just wouldn't drop last time lol Luckily it's only one.

MiTYH

The good thing about the WT grind is that it allowed me to level up the rest of the 10 TEQ Gokus from that previous tournament.

I also have a missing Android 16, he just wouldn't drop last time lol Luckily it's only one.

Yeah not looking forward to the grind, hopefully it's not toooo bad to get my copies.

Done with my WT for now. 4 stones for 8 runs, but I got 7 stones back. That's good enough for me, plus it moved me into the next tier. I checked DBZ space and 10k is at about 9.5 million points, which is just short of double my score so... I won't even bother. Maybe if I had started earlier... eh, whatever. I'll check back in near the end of the night, might use a stone to see if I can secure a top 20k. Rewards aren't really all that different at this level, just the number of medals and SSR Guaranteed silver tickets

EDIT: Also of those 8 rounds, about 5 of the first rounds were all Zeni stage-1s. What the hell!

Yeah not looking forward to the grind, hopefully it's not toooo bad to get my copies.

Done with my WT for now. 4 stones for 8 runs, but I got 7 stones back. That's good enough for me, plus it moved me into the next tier. I checked DBZ space and 10k is at about 9.5 million points, which is just short of double my score so... I won't even bother. Maybe if I had started earlier... eh, whatever. I'll check back in near the end of the night, might use a stone to see if I can secure a top 20k. Rewards aren't really all that different at this level, just the number of medals and SSR Guaranteed silver tickets

EDIT: Also of those 8 rounds, about 5 of the first rounds were all Zeni stage-1s. What the hell!

First, that's awesome with the Zeni stages.
Second, the medal difference in tiers between 10-20k and 20-30k is just 2, but those 2 are super rare ones. I think maybe Elder Kai and Supreme Kai? Can't remember. That's what it was last year when I played a lot.

MisterMac

How does the strike rotation typically work? Do these come around more than once a year? I'm hoping yes because I just looked up the LR Goku you guys keep mentioning and holy crap. I really should have farmed my Tao to SA15

EDIT: Beerus Tier reached and 35 Wins done with one more finals. Ranked around 18k. I might grind out another 5 wins just to secure my spot in the top 20k because I am in dire need of Elder Kais. This will let me do my first GSSR summon! Damn sight better than I did last time. Next time 80 wins and top 10k minimum for sure. Now back to Vegeta. Gotta kill him 5 more times before the event ends and I'll call this whole Dokkan Festival a success.

Haven't been playing much recently but decided to jump into the tourney. So that STR Dokkan Vegeta is sure interesting huh? Weak as crap was my first thought, but damn does he tank like a pro thanks to those abilities.

Got my 80 in time. Black haired Goku with a "Bye Guys" got me the Tech Vegito. Really can't complain but I was really wanting an Agl unit. Hoping it means all my DS saving for Super Vegito pays off.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Didn't play yesterday and only dropped from 300ish rank to 800. Debating now if it's worth spending a stone or two to refill stamina and stay below 1k or to just call it quits. How much do I really want the extra elder Kai is what it boils down to.

MisterMac

Took all my Oolongs and like 8 stones shared with doing WT to refresh my friends list for good Gogetas but I made it. Hovering around 18k in WT so I'll get an SSR out of that too.

hqtHIs6.jpg

Shanlei91

Took all my Oolongs and like 8 stones shared with doing WT to refresh my friends list for good Gogetas but I made it. Hovering around 18k in WT so I'll get an SSR out of that too.

Congrats! You can slide him and Janemba into most teams easily as blockers. Keep the two separated on different turns blocking and most content become easy.

I am now convinced Bandai hates me. I needed 12 gems to get Goku. Figured might as well focus on him since I already got Gohan & Krillin. I go into A Supering End. Yes! Pilaf spawned that means I only need two more and This usually drops 2-3! I fight This and get...1. GODDAMIT BANDAI STOP TESTING MEEEEEEEEED

Didn't play yesterday and only dropped from 300ish rank to 800. Debating now if it's worth spending a stone or two to refill stamina and stay below 1k or to just call it quits. How much do I really want the extra elder Kai is what it boils down to.
Don't bother imo. Unless you got all the Elder Kai's from treasure already. How many do you have?

Shanlei91

Uub is the ultimate L.

Don't bother imo. Unless you got all the Elder Kai's from treasure already. How many do you have?

None and I already got the four from Baba's shop.

Probably not worth it if I'm not gonna stay up until the end. I'll probably lose my spot while sleeping.

Uub is the ultimate L.

None and I already got the four from Baba's shop.

Probably not worth it if I'm not gonna stay up until the end. I'll probably lose my spot while sleeping.
Probably. Honestly the Kai's in the shop will probably return. Seems like only characters change to something new. If so that would be an amazing way to SA10 characters. I got 3/10 Kai's I'm trying to get Piccolo since he has the guard passive. Then I might noted getting 12k fruits for Kai

Xanru

Not gonna lie, finished my 80 wins this morning, and I really don't wanna pull. Got nothing but dupes for the last 3 WT's, and Majuub feels likes he's just waiting behind my WT ticket.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Not gonna lie, finished my 80 wins this morning, and I really don't wanna pull. Got nothing but dupes for the last 3 WT's, and Majuub feels likes he's just waiting behind my WT ticket.
I'd say spend it before lame great apes poison the pool. ._.

Meneses

Got a semi-dupe TEQ Vegeta (the one that gets TUR) but might as well have been Majuub because I already dokkaned him so he's basically useless.

Savitar

Ended up getting to 80 wins after all, watched a lot of WWII documentaries on youtube while playing.

Ended up with a SSR AG Super Vegeta dupe.

Baba welcomed him into her sweet embrace.

MisterMac

Congrats! You can slide him and Janemba into most teams easily as blockers. Keep the two separated on different turns blocking and most content become easy.

Thanks! The strategy you mentioned is how I was able to beat both Janemba and SSJ3 Vegeta. Seeing how effective it was without Dokkan versions is what made me so gung ho to get them both done

Got my 80 wins. Dupe SSJ2 STR Vegeta, at least it wasn't Majuub.

Should have saved it for the later banners but whatever. I think I got all the pullable URs I wanted for the most part and now the dokkan ones are the ones I really want lol.

ZOSQNHy.gif

It is over. I do not know how many more of these tournaments I have left in me. The tournaments seem to get harder every time. The lack of Majin Vegeta and Broly is demoralizing. I do have the phy trunks though. The sooner his dokkan the better. I got SS2 Agl Teen Gohan, which is fine by me.

Meneses

Almost finished under 5k, and that's just with 80 wins. Definitely easier to get up there this time.

In other news, i'm 0/10 on my last Android 16 :'(

edit: 0/14 still going strong

MiTYH

Dang, people pushed last night. Went to bed in the 19k with only a few hours left, woke up and I'm rank 21k. New I should have stoned a few more times. Ah well.

So far, 3/7 for Android 16 drops. Haven't even looked to the super stages yet. And I need 5 more King Vegetas, luckily I already have one at SA 10, so it's a bit less work that I need to do. Hopefully the same team can be used for both, I just need to figure out what that team is. PHY is my weakest element really. I've got some Dokkaned ones, like SS KC and Frieza, but all my lower cost ones just seem... meh

EDIT: Now 3/12. This is going to be a long grind

Shanlei91

Rank 480 - guess no one was pushing too hard for sub 1k this tournament.

While I was running my rainbow team for maximizing points I remembered a post I once made...

Pulled STR SS Gohan from the 20 stone banner. Now I have a team of Super Saiyans.
qhtMCFU.jpg

A year later on a 3 month old reroll...
vCudlZ1.jpg

IrUn6xO.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So before my horrific 80 wins pull I used all of my tickets in hopes to pull Xeno Trunks or one of the new PHYs to come out, or TEQ Bardock.

I got none of these and 2 were dupes but I wasn't disappointed because I finally got AGL SSG which I've wanted for a long time.

s8a74RZ.jpg

denebj

Neo Member
Ended up 620 according to the ranking, pretty much like usual ! I got to say that the updated AI in the prelim is really awful and frustrating ... I would make half of the points I used to get .. The AI keep going over me to try to grab the 2k points bonus ... That's super annoying. I hope they fix that behavior a little bit :-/

I keep all my tickets for now. I do not want to get a Majuub :-/ Sorry for you guys :-(

Super Strike started, I use double lead SSB Vegeta nuker, then I use Spirit bomb goku. Super easy fight. I like that :D

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
These fights that are capped at 100 team are rough. I can win... but I have to use 4 or 5 items :\

MisterMac

Came in at 19882! Improvement from last time and it gives me enough silver tickets to do a GSSR pull. I'm happy with it and I was worried cause people were doing a last minute push. Next WT and I'll be even more prepared and knock those 80 wins out this time. I had 36 wins, possibly 37 if the one I won at the stroke of the tournament closing counts.

MiTYH

Caved and did a single summon on the PHY banner in the hopes of helping my team

Got ANOTHER Kibito Kai, bringing me up to SA8 for him. I mean, I'm all for it, he syncs great with Gogeta but... I wanted something... else...

Came in at 5112. Never even tried to get this far before, so just happy I cracked 10K. Glad I have another Ago in Cooler now too.

So before my horrific 80 wins pull I used all of my tickets in hopes to pull Xeno Trunks or one of the new PHYs to come out, or TEQ Bardock.

I got none of these and 2 were dupes but I wasn't disappointed because I finally got AGL SSG which I've wanted for a long time.

s8a74RZ.jpg

As someone who is begging for Agl units, especially KX10 Goku because I love the art, I am envious.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I did 4 pulls on the Phys banner to get some Phys characters and I pulled the same exact character 4 times in a row. COME ON.

Meneses

I did 4 pulls on the Phys banner to get some Phys characters and I pulled the same exact character 4 times in a row. COME ON.

I take it it wasn't 4 times SSB Vegeta, then :p

edit: in the meantime, lucky number for my ONE Android 16 card I needed was 17 runs.

I take it it wasn't 4 times SSB Vegeta, then :p

edit: in the meantime, lucky number for my ONE Android 16 card I needed was 17 runs.
Two Vegeta(wait, the planet, my son, or me?) Medals and 12 to go. I already grinded his drops a long time ago so I have a SA10 and 15 ready. I need two more android 16 I think.

Is it just me or is the King tough? I had to use two senzus, a yama, and an usher. I don't have many stunners for phy, and my "high chance to take 50% less damage" never does >=[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom